ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

To all the arm lock users

Comments

• PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan Advanced Members Posts: 3,695 ✭✭
    Deuce78 wrote:

I think it would be hard for them to ban arm locking. I say that because it was not very long ago they revised the rules and made the changes they felt were correct. It took a very long time for them to make the decision to ban anchored putters. Arm lock is not anchored, the grip end moves during the stroke...its going to be around a long time...which is great for me. Haha.

I hope you're right, because I've been arm locking for years and it made me a much better golfer. I swear, the first time I arm locked, I actually felt what it was like to hit a putt solid. And I think I've hit every putt solid in the 5 years since. It still feels awkward to me though; as Bladehunter mentioned, it physically hurts, but it's so worth it to actually make some putts.

Since I've seen a bunch of golfers on tour who sucked on the green suddenly turn into decent to great putters with arm lock, I've started to practice with a conventional putter, just in preparation for a ban. The USGA has a pattern. When the Adam Scott's, Webb Simpson's, Jason Dufner's, Bryson D's of the world switch en masse to a certain method and it changes their games, they look for ways to ban it. Doesn't matter if it matches the current definition of anchoring. They will make an amendment that includes fixing the shaft to an arm. You can make every argument for why fixing the shaft to an arm that they did for anchoring.

Get ready for it arm lockers. I'd bet most of my life savings on this method getting banned.
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Advanced Members Posts: 24,220 ✭✭

Deuce78 wrote:

I think it would be hard for them to ban arm locking. I say that because it was not very long ago they revised the rules and made the changes they felt were correct. It took a very long time for them to make the decision to ban anchored putters. Arm lock is not anchored, the grip end moves during the stroke...its going to be around a long time...which is great for me. Haha.

I hope you're right, because I've been arm locking for years and it made me a much better golfer. I swear, the first time I arm locked, I actually felt what it was like to hit a putt solid. And I think I've hit every putt solid in the 5 years since. It still feels awkward to me though; as Bladehunter mentioned, it physically hurts, but it's so worth it to actually make some putts.

Since I've seen a bunch of golfers on tour who sucked on the green suddenly turn into decent to great putters with arm lock, I've started to practice with a conventional putter, just in preparation for a ban. The USGA has a pattern. When the Adam Scott's, Webb Simpson's, Jason Dufner's, Bryson D's of the world switch en masse to a certain method and it changes their games, they look for ways to ban it. Doesn't matter if it matches the current definition of anchoring. They will make an amendment that includes fixing the shaft to an arm. You can make every argument for why fixing the shaft to an arm that they did for anchoring.

Get ready for it arm lockers. I'd bet most of my life savings on this method getting banned.

I agree with you 100%. When the bad putters get better. They start looking. I’d bet with you. And honestly don’t want to see it. It would be easy to ban. And they hate Bryson so there’s lots of motives. Lol. ( mutual hate I think ).
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X
    Ping i500 pre-production proto 3 iron Graphite Design AD DI 105X
    Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged 50 54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • Titleist983KTitleist983K Advanced Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I hope they don't ban it. I've always been a traditional length guy and planned on starting to get serious and play tournaments again in the upcoming few years. I planned on buying an arm lock putter and really practicing hard with it for the next few months. Sounds like I should probably stick to the traditional length instead of switching to something that could be banned in the coming years. Frustrating....
  • airjammerairjammer Advanced Members Posts: 953 ✭✭

I think it really starts the powers that be thinking when kids start adopting. They are the future of the tour. Even though I used it briefly in the past I don’t think it should be allowed..the butt of the club is not free to move.
  • vmanvman Advanced Members Posts: 1,217 ✭✭
    The powers that be will act on arm locking if the rise of it's success continues and the next generation start adopting it in numbers. Similar to the belly putter, which influenced the anchoring ban, if Majors are won with it it will become a subject for further investigation with a view to, not banning the actual putter, but the attachment/anchoring to the forearm.
    TAYLORMADE M4 9.5*
    CALLAWAY 3 DEEP 14.5
    ADAMS PRO MINI 18*
    SRIXON Z565 4-P
    CALLAWAY MACK DADDY FORGED 50*54*58*
    YES TRACY TOUR
  • Deuce78Deuce78 Advanced Members Posts: 1,238
    Guys two hands are on the grip, you cant make the grip sit on your arm it's not anchored, but does rest against the arm and the but can release off of the arm very easily during the stroke.

Also, I feel like it makes my short putter technique better for those with any concerns of it impacting your short putter stroke. I have both short and arm lock putters and use both. When I am "on" with the short putter it is better in speed and line, but my arm lock is more consistent over all. If anyone wants to try it, dont let someone's speculation prevent you from trying it.

Also, DM me if you have any questions, I have put together multiple arm lock putters.
    TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
    917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
    WITB Link
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Advanced Members Posts: 5,579 ✭✭
    I too went to it for short putts, think like yip range 1-2 feet. Was a good putter but would blow a couple of those under pressure. Starting on line and hitting more solid putts has carried over to every distance.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • K13K13 Advanced Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited January 29
    cardoustie wrote:

Anyone know more details on Adam's putter?

They talked about it a little on the telecast. Believe it was a custom prototype Cameron Fastback. 7 degrees of loft? 6 degrees per Adam Scott in Golf.com Wall to Wall equipment article.

My question - I've seen a few of the older posts in this thread note that they place the ball right off the left foot. And I've also seen that most of the arm lock putters are much more lofted because of the natural forward lean. But wouldn't placing the ball up off the left foot negate and add more loft to the putter in the setup?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I play it maybe slightly forward from a traditional. I think you need to mess around with one to see, people will have slightly different specs. The older betti models have way more offset to account for the higher loft than their last two models and would be played further back by most people I think.
    karlin13 wrote:
    cardoustie wrote:

Anyone know more details on Adam's putter?

They talked about it a little on the telecast. Believe it was a custom prototype Cameron Fastback. 7 degrees of loft? 6 degrees per Adam Scott in Golf.com Wall to Wall equipment article.

My question - I've seen a few of the older posts in this thread note that they place the ball right off the left foot. And I've also seen that most of the arm lock putters are much more lofted because of the natural forward lean. But wouldn't placing the ball up off the left foot negate and add more loft to the putter in the setup?

There are many factors in play with one's preferred posture and your desired playing length, how har it goes up your arm, the lie angle, arc, ball position, all work together to compute your needed loft, and hopefully it looks good with whatever the milled loft of the putter face is...
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • Titleist983KTitleist983K Advanced Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I want to join the armlock club but they are tough to find right now with the success of Bryson, Scott, and Webb!
    swizbeatz wrote:

I play it maybe slightly forward from a traditional. I think you need to mess around with one to see, people will have slightly different specs. The older betti models have way more offset to account for the higher loft than their last two models and would be played further back by most people I think.

Thanks - I think I'm curious enough to give it a try now...
    You've got probably a 5% chance an armlock off the shelf will fit you. Most people pick one up and its awkward as all get out. Must be adjusted to you if you are really going to try it. I made my brother one for Christmas and he likes it so far....
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
    karlin13 wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

Some background I think I just got lucky and setting up square worked for me. Like I’d put the putter down so it looked square and stepping into the putter felt natural. I still took it somewhere and used it on a SAM puttlab, the numbers were basically perfect. Feels straight back straight through but that’s not really possible, I was getting 2* open on the way back, square at impact, 2* shut on the follow through. We watched video with some lines drawn next to Kuchar and it looked basically the same although his grip hit closer to his elbow so we added 2” to the stock Kuchar 2 first release and that’s what I’ve been using since, probably 5 years. I’ve gone from a 3 or 4 to a +2. I’m 6’2 with average length arms for my height I’d say.

Kuchar went to a shorter putter, I have a tour stock putter that was made for him. I don’t use it often as it doesn’t feel as solid on my arm being shorter. It’s got a weirder shaft bend at the bottom creating even more offset.

Since he’s stayed shorter and gone less offset and less loft it looks like, it’s actually pretty easy to spot in his setup on tv as well as top line pictures on the bettinardi website and 5* being the stock loft. I couldn’t just go order at 7* to match my current one because of the change in offset, I never got along well with last years although I’ve talked about my issues with the finish on it so I booted it after only a few rounds.

I’ve had a number of people I know try it because of my putting. My brother used last years SS for most of this season, he putted better especially on short putts but he’s a hot head and only remembers the misses so going back to something else this year I think. I also saw some of the speed control issues that made me stick with my old one.

Another buddy and poster here has tried it once or twice but never got comfortable. Last I talked to him he’s going to give it a go again, think I took too much $ off him with mine image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

I think it’s really important to go to a shop, set it up square, and if stepping into that doesn’t feel natural then figure out what you’d need to modify. If it feels like your contorting your arm too much to create forward press go with the newer models. If the butt end doesn’t stay firmly near your elbow then go with something that has more shaft lean required. If your still interested after reading that novel I can go into what the setup feels like to me in the hands in more detail.
    swizbeatz wrote:

karlin13 wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

Some background I think I just got lucky and setting up square worked for me. Like I’d put the putter down so it looked square and stepping into the putter felt natural. I still took it somewhere and used it on a SAM puttlab, the numbers were basically perfect. Feels straight back straight through but that’s not really possible, I was getting 2* open on the way back, square at impact, 2* shut on the follow through. We watched video with some lines drawn next to Kuchar and it looked basically the same although his grip hit closer to his elbow so we added 2” to the stock Kuchar 2 first release and that’s what I’ve been using since, probably 5 years. I’ve gone from a 3 or 4 to a +2. I’m 6’2 with average length arms for my height I’d say.

Kuchar went to a shorter putter, I have a tour stock putter that was made for him. I don’t use it often as it doesn’t feel as solid on my arm being shorter. It’s got a weirder shaft bend at the bottom creating even more offset.

Since he’s stayed shorter and gone less offset and less loft it looks like, it’s actually pretty easy to spot in his setup on tv as well as top line pictures on the bettinardi website and 5* being the stock loft. I couldn’t just go order at 7* to match my current one because of the change in offset, I never got along well with last years although I’ve talked about my issues with the finish on it so I booted it after only a few rounds.

I’ve had a number of people I know try it because of my putting. My brother used last years SS for most of this season, he putted better especially on short putts but he’s a hot head and only remembers the misses so going back to something else this year I think. I also saw some of the speed control issues that made me stick with my old one.

Another buddy and poster here has tried it once or twice but never got comfortable. Last I talked to him he’s going to give it a go again, think I took too much $ off him with mine image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

I think it’s really important to go to a shop, set it up square, and if stepping into that doesn’t feel natural then figure out what you’d need to modify. If it feels like your contorting your arm too much to create forward press go with the newer models. If the butt end doesn’t stay firmly near your elbow then go with something that has more shaft lean required. If your still interested after reading that novel I can go into what the setup feels like to me in the hands in more detail.

Thanks - all helpful, and I think that last paragraph makes a lot of sense. I think looking at different setup methods being used would be good too, to see what feels comfortable (I.e. ball position vs corresponding forward press, etc). That's probably a good step, and I might reach out after I can get into a shop if it doesn't immediately feel totally wrong.

Original kuchar betti is the best version IMO...
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • Calle83Calle83 Members Posts: 19
    I bought a yes sandy 42" belly putter that I'm going to modify

What kind of grip do you guys use? I was thinking of changing from original to a super stroke 17"

Any other recommendations?0d7e7950896d4ac7b7c5388eb702fa93.jpg44cf0a11e4849cecbb71159dc8f18ac0.jpg31a5c7890a2fc62d6c3ed375536f2fd6.jpg
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 4
    FW: Callaway Epic 3
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 52,56 Titleist Vokey 60
    Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 Armlock
    Ball: Bridgestone B330
    Get the sandy set up to your specs. If you need to go shorter and are regripping anyway, just trim it with grip on it. Try it out. Adjust, then see if you want a new grip.

And I just saw another top player switched to arm lock....

Bubba Watson!
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • g-offg-off Advanced Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
    posted in another thread, just ordered a cleveland almost belly to start my project, it should be fun to say the least
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch Advanced Members Posts: 1,052 ✭✭
    **** yeah! Nice tip to just trim before removing grip. Getting correct length is key to success.

Want to get a build going too. Not a huge fans of the super stroke 17. Wish you could get it in the 2.0 or 1.0 size. 1.3 feels a touch too big.

Winn has a new 17 black wrap style grip looks solid. I find the 15 inch is just a bit to short.

Rosemark also has a 17 version that only weighs 88 grams too. Nice shape to it.

The grip Bryson and Bubba are using is the new 17 jumbomax. But looks like it's on backorder now.
  • pcedenspcedens Advanced Members Posts: 77
    BrendanKre wrote:

I am looking to try it but it feels so uncomfortable. How long did it take for you to get comfortable with it?

It will take some time getting used to. Speed was the hardest thing to get the hang of
    g-off wrote:
    posted in another thread, just ordered a cleveland almost belly to start my project, it should be fun to say the least

It's a nice feeling putter, it's harder to bend, but will work for you....
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • ZigzogZigzog Advanced Members Posts: 170
    I have a Bettinardi Kuchar armlock, has about 7 degrees of loft I think.

I found that I was far more comfortable actually gripping down on it, so I cut the putter down to 34 inches. I use it sometimes and generally putt well with it, I like the fact that it forces me to have the large forward press and helps me hit through the ball; obviously that is personal to me image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M3 Driver 9.5 - Graphite Design AD Di - 6S
    Callaway Epic SZ 3 Wood - Graphite Design AD Di - 7S

PXG - 19 - 0317 X Hybrid - Fujikura 72 S

Wilson V6 - 4 - GW - DG - S300 AMT

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 56 and 60

Edel E2 [/font]
  • jas904jas904 Advanced Members Posts: 1,369 ✭✭

**** yeah! Nice tip to just trim before removing grip. Getting correct length is key to success.

Want to get a build going too. Not a huge fans of the super stroke 17. Wish you could get it in the 2.0 or 1.0 size. 1.3 feels a touch too big.

Winn has a new 17 black wrap style grip looks solid. I find the 15 inch is just a bit to short.

Rosemark also has a 17 version that only weighs 88 grams too. Nice shape to it.

The grip Bryson and Bubba are using is the new 17 jumbomax. But looks like it's on backorder now.

If you turn the flat side of the 1.3 towards your arm the grip will feel smaller. That is what I did and it helped.
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, HZRDUS Yellow 65
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, Steelfiber 110
    Titleist SM6 50F Steelfiber 110, SM6 56F KBS 610, SM6 60M KBS 610
    Ping Ketsch Armlock
  • CptwigglyCptwiggly Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I’ve had the Betti SS28 SB in the cart for the last week. I want to see what the new Odyssey Arm Lock putters look like first. It’s hard to drop $450 on a putter that you can’t try anywhere around you.
    Cptwiggly wrote:
    I’ve had the Betti SS28 SB in the cart for the last week. I want to see what the new Odyssey Arm Lock putters look like first. It’s hard to drop $450 on a putter that you can’t try anywhere around you.

Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • nicknick Advanced Members Posts: 551 ✭✭
    Anyone have trouble having big forearms using the armlock?
    If you have big drumsticks you need to have the ball forward. If you can get the butt shorter up the arm, there is less meat and will be easier on the angles.

But it also depends on how bent your arms are, more elbows bent (elbows at sides) means more shaft angle, and you would not notice as much the angle or goes down the arm. If you like straight elbows, ball position needs to be forward. Mess around with it and get comfortable then Modify to your comfortable positions...
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - Wisconsin Advanced Members Posts: 1,007
    So i was way in on arm lock and very committed to it but after hours and hours of technique practice and some good results, but... to be frank, I didn't think it was giving me any better results than what I was getting from a traditional putter.

In particular I cannot quite shake it, I have an awful tendency for the pulls with arm locking, it seems like I pull almost everything.

So I went back to a regular length putter, but with a change, the Stricker method. What he calls for is a firm left hand dominant stroke where he ulnar deviates "cups" his left wrist and grips the club in his palm rather than his fingers. Then you match the putter shaft to the angle of your forearms, hence his heel slightly off the ground. it provided a sense of "locking" that I had never felt before in a regular length putter. Guess it helps to listen to one of the best putters ever.

And, to my surprise without the hours of grinding or setup work with the arm lock I was hitting better putts in seriously about 3.5 minutes. Its hard to find the right balance where I was putting in a ton of work and seeing marginal results with arm lock, for a long time I thought I just needed time to get used to it but now i'm really not sure if its giving the proper results. Maybe not the "advantage" I was starting to feel I thought it was.
    Taylormade M3 460 8.5 HZRDUS T1100 75X
    Titleist 915fD 3 Diamana White 80-TX
    Titleist TS2 5 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 8TX
    TItleist AP2 718 4-6 DG X100
    Titleist 718 MBs 7-9 DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7s 46F DG x100, 50F, 56S, 60M DG S400
    SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"
    I’d imagine if you pulled every putt you weren’t doing something right, it’s obviously a viable option for a lot of people. It’s not a magic pill.
    edited February 14
    So I was thinking of modifying the yes sandy but that putter never showed up....so I went for another putter the bettinardi QB #8 I also bought a superstroke belly grip 1.0

My thoughts are to extend the shaft from 34 to 38-40 and then se if I need to change loft or lie 4f3eaa74ee7041bef0713dddb3b39e4c.jpg41a04207c9659ecfcb5ce8cf9c2e3ec3.jpg7af52d922e29fa3da8848d6d69fb1d40.jpg
    Calle83 wrote:
    So I was thinking of modifying the yes sandy but that putter never showed up....so I went for another putter the bettinardi QB #8 I also bought a superstroke belly grip 1.0

My thoughts are to extend the shaft from 34 to 38-40 and then se if I need to change loft or lie 4f3eaa74ee7041bef0713dddb3b39e4c.jpg41a04207c9659ecfcb5ce8cf9c2e3ec3.jpg7af52d922e29fa3da8848d6d69fb1d40.jpg

Probably will feel to light for you....the head weight is only 370ish grams., also, the shaft will be too flexible for adding more weight...
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
    Deuce78 wrote:
    Calle83 wrote:

Probably will feel to light for you....the head weight is only 370ish grams., also, the shaft will be too flexible for adding more weight...
    Well I'm not convinced about that I have seen arm lock putter from 360 up to 400 and I would think the 380-400 would be to heavy for me

And it's a project if it doesn't work I will figure out what its missing and buy something else that work better image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I can always take it back to it's original state
    Calle83 wrote:
    Deuce78 wrote:
    Calle83 wrote:

Well I'm not convinced about that I have seen arm lock putter from 360 up to 400 and I would think the 380-400 would be to heavy for me

And it's a project if it doesn't work I will figure out what its missing and buy something else that work better image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I can always take it back to it's original state

Okay man. I've done alot of these, so just trying to save you some time and money...

If interested I can check my heads I have that may work for you and get you something that would work better. I have built multiple arm locks and have used them for years. And I've helped others on the site do the same.

Let me know if you would like help or want to buy something of mine for a fair price. I will never use them all so might as well...
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
    Deuce78 wrote:
    Calle83 wrote:
    Deuce78 wrote:
    Calle83 wrote:

Okay man. I've done alot of these, so just trying to save you some time and money...

If interested I can check my heads I have that may work for you and get you something that would work better. I have built multiple arm locks and have used them for years. And I've helped others on the site do the same.

Let me know if you would like help or want to buy something of mine for a fair price. I will never use them all so might as well...
    Yes I'm not saying no to some help send me a pm I wasent able to send you one....
    Calle83 wrote:
    Deuce78 wrote:
    Calle83 wrote:
    Deuce78 wrote:
    Calle83 wrote:

Yes I'm not saying no to some help send me a pm I wasent able to send you one....

Unsure why but cant DM you either....
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • g-offg-off Advanced Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
    deuce, tried to dm you and says you can't accept any new messages
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch Advanced Members Posts: 1,052 ✭✭
    edited February 14
    If you already bought it you may as well try...

I would suggest you try to keep the grip side as light as possible. Golfworks sells graphite belly putter extensions, use one of those. Plus a lighter grip would prob go a long way. I think the super stroke 1.3 17" is 85 grams. Almost half of that 21" grip.

Get a roll of the wide lead tape with your golfworks order to fine tune the weight on the sole if needed.
  • fmzipfmzip Advanced Members Posts: 245
    How do you get a putter like this "setup" specifically for oneself?
    fmzip wrote:
    How do you get a putter like this "setup" specifically for oneself?

The real answer is you need a fitting because everyone is different, when your specs are correct it will feel natural and confident in stroke...
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • kenstlkenstl Advanced Members Posts: 413
    I finally got my Evnroll Arm Lock putter finished off. Since it’s 25 degrees I have only been able to roll it indoors thus far, but looking forward to using it in 2019.

Cobra LTD
    Wishon 929 4 wood
    Wishon 775 21 hybrid
    SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
    Maltby 60 Deg
    Arm Lock Putter
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Advanced Members Posts: 3,206 ✭✭
    I built an armlock, used an iron shaft and a long grip. Worked great in the basement but not at the course. My problem is my arms don't extend to perfectly straight and I could not get comfortable with the straight shaft, if they allowed for a bent shaft, I'd be all over it.
  • mudgolfmudgolf Advanced Members Posts: 158
    I tried arm lock several years ago and had mixed results. Arm Lock technique was definately money on short putts in pressure situations. With all the recent success on tour i decided to try my Kuchar arm lock again and having been having problems squaring up my shoulders. Any suggestions?
    mudgolf wrote:
    I tried arm lock several years ago and had mixed results. Arm Lock technique was definately money on short putts in pressure situations. With all the recent success on tour i decided to try my Kuchar arm lock again and having been having problems squaring up my shoulders. Any suggestions?

More loft move back one ball.
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    WITB Link
  • golf9596golf9596 Advanced Members Posts: 2,068 ✭✭
    Cptwiggly wrote:

I've had the Betti SS28 SB in the cart for the last week. I want to see what the new Odyssey Arm Lock putters look like first. It's hard to drop $450 on a putter that you can't try anywhere around you.
    I was thinking the same thing ($450) and not knowing how it will work or fit. I ended up ordering a #1 wide from Callaway and it should be here this week. I'll let you know how it works when I get a chance to play with it.
    Driver M6 w/IZ-7-S
    3 Wood M6 Project-X 75-S
    TM #3 GRAP Mid with/KBS Hybrid-S
    Callaway Apex 2019 5-AW w/$-tapper-S
    Putter.....Bettinardi bb1F Limited
    Mac Daddy PM...54*/.57*
    Jones Original
    Pro V 1 (2017)
  • dearth12dearth12 Advanced Members Posts: 688 ✭✭
    Does anyone know where the SuperStroke 17” grips can be found?

I use this grip on my arm lock putters and need to replace one, but can’t seem to find the grip anywhere.
    Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
    Cobra F8 5/6 wood w/ Evenflow Blue-75X
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron 17* w/ Dynamic Gold AMT X
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 4-PW w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100 (soft stepped once)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black (Armlock) w/ SuperStroke 17”
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,177 ✭✭
    dearth12 wrote:

I use this grip on my arm lock putters and need to replace one, but can’t seem to find the grip anywhere.

Ebay or golfworks
  • kenstlkenstl Advanced Members Posts: 413
    edited February 17
    dearth12 wrote:

Check out Jumbo Grips brand that Bryson sponsors, they are selling one
    Cobra LTD
    Wishon 929 4 wood
    Wishon 775 21 hybrid
    SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
    Maltby 60 Deg
    Arm Lock Putter
  • CptwigglyCptwiggly Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    golf9596 wrote:

Cptwiggly wrote:

I've had the Betti SS28 SB in the cart for the last week. I want to see what the new Odyssey Arm Lock putters look like first. It's hard to drop $450 on a putter that you can't try anywhere around you.
    I was thinking the same thing ($450) and not knowing how it will work or fit. I ended up ordering a #1 wide from Callaway and it should be here this week. I'll let you know how it works when I get a chance to play with it.

I played around with a Stroke Lab putter at Dicks. I do prefer the white hot micro face to the o-works. Feels a little firmer. I think I’ll give it a couple weeks and then order a 1W arm lock after I hear a few reviews.
  • Downtown_Brown_41Downtown_Brown_41 Advanced Members Posts: 519 ✭✭
    edited February 20
    Anyone got an extra they are willing to part with? I'm struggling to find one online and wanted to check here before building

Edit* Thanks Deuce! Going to dial this in once we get some decent weather
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    M3 Fuji Pro TS 63x
    M3 3w Diamana A.B. Proto 90x
    SLDR 3h Tour Blue 105 TX
    P750 3, 4-5  PX 7.0 , Modus 130x
    P730 6-P Modus 130x
    MG 52 S400
    RTX 4 56 S400
    Vokey Low Bounce K 60
    Odyssey Tank Arm Lock
    TP5x / ZStar XV