We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

P2 Putter Grip-Anyone using one?? (merged)

MSUIRONDAWGS ·  
MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS  748WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 748
Saw those P2 grips featured at Day 1 today...Very interesting concept. Haven't heard much about them....Anyone use/try it yet and if so feedback you can give?

Gracias!
Posted:

Comments

• golftechbakergolftechbaker  26WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 26

Saw those P2 grips featured at Day 1 today...Very interesting concept. Haven't heard much about them....Anyone use/try it yet and if so feedback you can give?

Gracias!

I've got the p2 aware and classic models, I'll never use anything else. Made a big splash last year and are getting stellar reviews again at this years show. made showstoppers on this site.

Jess
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Rookie1422Rookie1422  159WRX Points: 35Members Posts: 159
    Great grip, holds up better than most also.
    Posted:

Gracias!

scott piercy is using the p2 grip this week i think. theres pics of him practising with it all over at tpc scottsdale!
    Posted:
  • golf9596golf9596  2111WRX Points: 152Members Posts: 2,111
    KccHeadPro wrote:

Saw these and I want to try one. Where are they for sale? THX

Never mind the old guy used google..and it works..LOL
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver..Ping G410 LST-PO-70S
    3 Wood Cally Epic Flash Sub Zero 15* w/Smoke 70 gram-S
    Cally Flash Hybrid 18.* Speeder VC8-S
    Adams MB2 4-PW w/110SteelFibers
    Putter.....Scott Cameron Select 1.5 Squareback
    Bettinardi BB1F (2020) on order 
    Mac Daddy... PM..52* & PM 58*
    Titleist 4up Carry
    TM TP5-X
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS  748WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 748
    Would love for them to hurry up and put that new stuff from the show on their website for sale!
    Posted:
    golf9596 wrote:

KccHeadPro wrote:

Saw these and I want to try one. Where are they for sale? THX

Never mind the old guy used google..and it works..LOL

www.proimpactgolf.com is where i got my p2 aware and classic
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • aypeeoneaypeeone  230WRX Points: 40Members Posts: 230
    Anymore reviews or input from P2 users?

Considering the Aware but have concerns about weight as it's 95g
    Posted:
  • Kale_mKale_m  2153WRX Points: 357Members Posts: 2,153
    Shop had a couple demos out. The bigger one was realllllllyyy heavy. Likes the shape of it though. Was not a fan of the skinny wide ones
    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    Ping g410 2hy at 16*
    Ping g410 3hy at 20.5 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • aypeeoneaypeeone  230WRX Points: 40Members Posts: 230
    Yeah, the weight of them is what is holding me back. I do see they have a tour version coming out in April that weigh between 55-70g I believe which would be ideal so I might have to wait for those to release
    Posted:
    Kale_m wrote:

Shop had a couple demos out. The bigger one was realllllllyyy heavy. Likes the shape of it though. Was not a fan of the skinny wide ones

P2 tour preferred versions are out and super light!!!!!
    Posted:
  • UhitUhit  861WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 861

Kale_m wrote:

P2 tour preferred versions are out and super light!!!!!

Have you already received one?

I thought, they ship in April?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • UhitUhit  861WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 861

Gracias!

Meanwhile I had the chance to make two side by side comparisons, on different days, with the same putter heads, but with different grips, on my putting mat:

Posted:
    Uhit wrote:

Gracias!

Meanwhile I had the chance to make two side by side comparisons, on different days, with the same putter heads, but with different grips, on my putting mat:

This is awesome. Been trying to preach the P2 since I put one one my putter a couple of years ago. These guys are here to stay in my opinion.
    Posted:
    aypeeone wrote:

Yeah, the weight of them is what is holding me back. I do see they have a tour version coming out in April that weigh between 55-70g I believe which would be ideal so I might have to wait for those to release

The p2 tours are out and about fifty percent lighter, some are a little more like sixty percent lighter. Pretty cool and worth a go for sure.
    Posted:
    aypeeone wrote:

Anymore reviews or input from P2 users?

Considering the Aware but have concerns about weight as it's 95g

P2 aware tour is 50 grams. I have the regular aware and its mint. If you like light try the tour version id say.
    Posted:
  • xjohnxxjohnx  2005WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 2,005
    I saw these grips at the PGA show this year and while the science piqued my interest I was most impressed with the shape of the Aware model. I have a really strange and unorthodox putting grip and this grip just felt so perfect to me. I almost bought one at the show but didn't love the color choices so I waited for the tour versions in black. I kind of forgot about them and have been having great success with the Tour Snsr 104 since it came out last year. Fast forward and I ordered a new O Works Black #2W and knew I'd pull the grip right away. I remembered about the P2 and figured now was the time to give it a shot. It's hard to explain the feeling and I almost still have a hard time figuring it out how it all works but, my putting stroke immediately feels 100% more natural with this grip. Just the way the putter swings and releases is effortless. I feel like I don't have to consciously control the putter face at all and it hits center every time. Like I said, I bought this grip for the shape but I think the technology may really be the real deal!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)  8360WRX Points: 259Members Posts: 8,360
    Anyone have the React Tour and can give me a some thickness measurements? Wondering how the size compares to the PP60 from Ping
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 10.5° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    TM Milled Grind 52° - HiToe 56°/62°
    Mizuno TPM 7
    RZN Platinum
  • browne11browne11 I'm a hockey player, playing golf today  1623WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 1,623
    I just got a tour aware grip and I must say, I am a huge fan so far. I've got 2 rounds in and I feel so comfortable over the ball. My hands are definitely in a different position than I'm used to it but it feels perfect. I just ordered another for my backup putter too.
    Posted:
    Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
    Ping G30 14.5 stiff
    Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
    Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
    Ping 54, 58 Tour S
    Taylormade DJ Spider Tour
  • SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, Florida 912WRX Points: 185ClubWRX Posts: 912
    browne11 wrote:

I just got a tour aware grip and I must say, I am a huge fan so far. I've got 2 rounds in and I feel so comfortable over the ball. My hands are definitely in a different position than I'm used to it but it feels perfect. I just ordered another for my backup putter too.

Does it change the feel of your Spider (vs say a SuperStroke GTR?). I just received a P2 Aware Tour and it looks a bit funky...
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • browne11browne11 I'm a hockey player, playing golf today  1623WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 1,623
    Steelhead wrote:

browne11 wrote:

Does it change the feel of your Spider (vs say a SuperStroke GTR?). I just received a P2 Aware Tour and it looks a bit funky...

I have been a gtr tour user since it came out. That was my favorite superstroke that I had used and I have used some form of them on my putters for at least 5 years. The p2 doesn't change the feel of the putter in my mind but it does change the way your hands sit. Best way I can explain it is to me it makes me feel my hands are more upright than they used to be and your arms and putter are all one piece. It's kinda hard to explain until you try it on an actual putter. I'm glad I tried it and worst case scenario is you throw the old one back on if you don't like it.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 14.5 stiff
    Ping 54, 58 Tour S
    browne11 wrote:

Steelhead wrote:

browne11 wrote:

I have been a gtr tour user since it came out. That was my favorite superstroke that I had used and I have used some form of them on my putters for at least 5 years. The p2 doesn't change the feel of the putter in my mind but it does change the way your hands sit. Best way I can explain it is to me it makes me feel my hands are more upright than they used to be and your arms and putter are all one piece. It's kinda hard to explain until you try it on an actual putter. I'm glad I tried it and worst case scenario is you throw the old one back on if you don't like it.

Then...on it goes :-) Thanks!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • xjohnxxjohnx  2005WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 2,005
    For whatever reason, I've had the best putting seasons of my life the last two years. So my stroke and distance control have been good already. That disclaimer aside, the P2 Aware Tour has given me more confidence putting than I've ever had in my life. I will again admit that the shape of the grip fits my awkward putting grip very well so I like the shape but, it's made my stroke and release feel so natural I just can't get enough of it. It's almost hard to explain the difference but, it's noticeable right away. I hope you guys love it as much as I do, please report back. I would really like to see these get more attention because I think they really have something. I did recommend it to one friend who is a teaching pro and coaches several LPGA players and other high level players. The first week he put the grip on he played in a tournament that weekend. He reported back that he had 24 putts and took home $1000 cash. Unfortunately, I did not receive a cut.

Edit: It's also a welcomed bonus that they are so light at only 51g. I prefer a heavier head and at 33" sometimes it's hard to achieve the feel I like as I played at 110g Tour Snsr grip for the last two seasons.
    Posted:
  • gpleonardgpleonard New Smyrna Beach, Florida 1329WRX Points: 152Members Posts: 1,329
    Wondering if anyone has any experience with the P2 Putter grips.. They look interesting and their logic makes a great deal of sense.. Looking for feed back .
    Posted:
    Gil Leonard
  • 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NC 1977WRX Points: 231ClubWRX Posts: 1,977
    I'm trying one now and I do like the way the shaft enters the grip but overall I don't like the grip shape and the way it sits in my hands. I am using the Aware Tour. I know they make different sizes/shapes so maybe another size will feel better.
    Posted:
  • gpleonardgpleonard New Smyrna Beach, Florida 1329WRX Points: 152Members Posts: 1,329
    03trdblack wrote:

I'm trying one now and I do like the way the shaft enters the grip but overall I don't like the grip shape and the way it sits in my hands. I am using the Aware Tour. I know they make different sizes/shapes so maybe another size will feel better.
    Thanks I also think that I should have gone with a smaller grip.. Does get the ball to the hole.. But I think it is too big for my small hands.. Will put it thru a couple more rounds before I change any thing.
    Posted:
    Gil Leonard
    I have the aware tour on all 3 of my putters now. Coming from the gtr pistol tour and I love them. My hands and the angle they sit at feel way more comfortable over the ball now. I imagine we will see them grow over time maybe even to super stroke level.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 14.5 stiff
    Ping 54, 58 Tour S

Advertisement
  • McgeenoMcgeeno  2147WRX Points: 276Members Posts: 2,147
    I sold the putter I had it on but I really did like how it fit my hands.

I would recommend it.
    Posted:
    I put a P2 Aware on my Spider Tour and it improved my feel over the SuperStroke gtr. Kind of a different look but I cannot get over the results. It will go on every gamer from here on...
    Posted:
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley  2055WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 2,055
    I just put a p2 aware tour on my putter and it feels great. my wrists feel like they're in a much more naturally oriented position. However, the installer noticed and now I notice that the "surface" of the putter grip seems to be separating or bubbling from the inner core foam, near the top of the flat spot. I don't feel it when I grip as normal, but if I push on it, there's a definite bubble there. he said it made it seem like the grip wasn't straight when you look down it.

I contact p2 to see if that's warrantied but I am wondering if anyone else has had that experience.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley  2055WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 2,055
    had mine installed last night. so far so good! considering getting more for my other putters. just wish they came in more color options, but perhaps in the future.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.