New "Ouul" Carry Bag from Belding is one of my "Best in Show"

2»

Comments

• xjohnxxjohnx Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
    I've been playing with the waterproof bag for a little while now. I've walked 18 once and 9 a couple times and I have zero complaints about the straps. The bag is fantastic. Loving it
  • mwickenhausermwickenhauser Members Posts: 2
    What is the most comfortable (ie straps) super light (less than 3 lbs) bag out there? Interested in comments. Thanks.
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,747 ✭✭

What is the most comfortable (ie straps) super light (less than 3 lbs) bag out there? Interested in comments. Thanks.

I can't imagine a better bag than the Sun Mtn 2 Five in this category. So light and comfortable to carry.
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

• xjohnxxjohnx Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:

I can't imagine a better bag than the Sun Mtn 2 Five in this category. So light and comfortable to carry.

By the looks of it, I wouldn't rule out the new Callaway one.
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,747 ✭✭
    xjohnx wrote:

brew4eagle wrote:

By the looks of it, I wouldn't rule out the new Callaway one.

I've compared the Callaway and 2 Five side by side. Callaway is decent, but 2 Five is clearly the winner IMO.
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

• Openwater22Openwater22 ClubWRX Posts: 3,048 ClubWRX
    dan360 wrote:

Any updates on these?

Are the straps really horrid?

Yes, the straps are horrid. Worst straps ever. But everything else about this bag is perfect for a bag in the super light category. Works well on there Caddy Tek light push cart.
    Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
    Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
    Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
    Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
    Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,323 ✭✭
    Well I bought one. The waterproof version. The straps aren't the greatest but I've seen and used worse. 'Twas on sale @ a local shop, $50 cheaper than the best price I found for the PING Hoofer Monsoon. I love PING bags but I'd buy this one again.

5a2fc3.jpg15yayd0.jpg

24y5zwh.jpg
    WITB 4/30/19
    • TM M1 440 9.5° HZRDUS yeller settings all whacked out
    • FW shopping   (TM M1 3HL stock KK is here but having off the deck issues with it)
    • Adams CB3 4-G KBS Tour 90 molested in a thread here somewheres  (baby blades ready for when my swing catches up)
    • Wedges TBD rockin a OG Snake Eyes EV 56° until then 
    • PING Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Mini Tour Advisor Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited Jun 1, 2018 #39
    dan360 wrote:
    Well I bought one. The waterproof version. The straps aren't the greatest but I've seen and used worse. 'Twas on sale @ a local shop, $50 cheaper than the best price I found for the PING Hoofer Monsoon. I love PING bags but I'd buy this one again.

What do you think? I’m thinking about snagging one of these over a SM 2.5+ (or the lightweight ouul) and getting back on foot more this year. Any serious issues or regrets so far?
    Traditionalist turned wannabe club ho

"Drive for show, Putt for $#!%"
  • dmaxwellhdmaxwellh Members Posts: 31
    My Sun Mountain 2.5 literally fell apart at the top. I have contacted the company for any recourse. I just ordered the Lightweight OUUL and will provide an update once it arrives.
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,292 admin
    well... this bag is in the trash now. After one season the legs couldn't hold up and they collapsed under the pressure of the weight of the bag and repeated use. Not the best durability. straps were also in need to better design. Looking for a new option now.
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Mini Tour Advisor Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    easyyy wrote:

well... this bag is in the trash now. After one season the legs couldn't hold up and they collapsed under the pressure of the weight of the bag and repeated use. Not the best durability. straps were also in need to better design. Looking for a new option now.

Man, that is disappointing. I was hoping to just sew on extra padding to the straps, the legs collapsing are another story!
    Traditionalist turned wannabe club ho

"Drive for show, Putt for $#!%"
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,323 ✭✭
    ohiogolf99 wrote:

easyyy wrote:

Man, that is disappointing. I was hoping to just sew on extra padding to the straps, the legs collapsing are another story!

This is not the kind of answer I was looking for......lol

I do notice the legs tend to "flex" somewhat. We shall see how it transpires.
    WITB 4/30/19
    • TM M1 440 9.5° HZRDUS yeller settings all whacked out
    • FW shopping   (TM M1 3HL stock KK is here but having off the deck issues with it)
    • Adams CB3 4-G KBS Tour 90 molested in a thread here somewheres  (baby blades ready for when my swing catches up)
    • Wedges TBD rockin a OG Snake Eyes EV 56° until then 
    • PING Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • ChomperChomper ClubWRX Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    Interesting that this thread popped up.

I grabbed one of these bags (non-waterproof) earlier this spring, and put it into play about a month ago.

Great weight, but much less padding than my prior stand bag (which lasted almost 3 years - Ping 4 series).

Straps are pretty skimpy and small, but for a walking bag they work just fine.

I am afraid that the legs will break - the bag has a wider base than the 4 series, but certainly feels less stable. I am also concerned about placing the bag on a hill, because the bag's legs seem to want to widen when stressed.

Pockets - would be nice to have a valuables pocket. The drink pocket is too narrow to get a plastic water bottle in and out easily. The ball pocket is sufficiently shallow that balls fall out when walking if the pocket is not completely zipped.

I got a good price on the bag, but for the money, I think there are few better bags.

However, if I had to do it again, I would not pick this bag up.