Decided to get fitted at the Bettinardi Studio

TheLetterSee

So after reading all the threads about people going to Studio B for a fitting and getting some awesome stuff I have decided to go there for my first ever putter fitting. I'm not sure when I'm going to go but I will be going to the Tinley Park location. I was wondering from those of you that have gone if there is anything I should know before I go like if there are some secret stuff that you need to ask for to see. Unfortunately with college tuition and student loans I can't spend as much as I'd like but even if I get a stock model fit to my specs it will be worth it.

ย 

Also if you have any sort of experience with this location I'd love to hear your stories.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring your wallet

ย 

Any thoughts on price? I'm not going to get a completely custom putter that they have to make just for me. I just don't have to cash to do so.

ย 

Brand new studio, so old experience won't get you much.

ย 

From what I hear, it looks nice!!! The staff are awesome too.

ย 

Ask about "The Hive"

ย 

I'll be sure to ask about The Hive as long as it's within budget haha.

They'll have a bunch of OTR putters there. Tour covers on display/available for purchase I'm sure. Tour putters.

ย 

The Hive is the "Tour Only" room opening soon. Going to be LIT

ย 

Haha I'm 20 and even I don't say lit. I'll be sure to ask though just to look because I know I won't be able to afford anything in there. So it looks like I'm going to be stuck getting an OTR putter bent and fit to length. Still better than not getting fit.

The hive has exclusive at the studio only stuff. I was there a few weeks ago and got to go in. The stuff is super nice and you can only get it there. Take your current putter with you. If you have a big budget, Chris or Mike will pull cool stuff out of the "other room" that is usually 1 off stuff very cool. The best part about the experience is that you'll never feel pressured. You'll never get pushed into any curtain putter. No matter your budget, your treated the same as any tour pro that walks in. It's really a great atmosphere and a great experience. Take your time, choose carefully.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***ย  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

The hive has exclusive at the studio only stuff. I was there a few weeks ago and got to go in. The stuff is super nice and you can only get it there. Take your current putter with you. If you have a big budget, Chris or Mike will pull cool stuff out of the "other room" that is usually 1 off stuff very cool. The best part about the experience is that you'll never feel pressured. You'll never get pushed into any curtain putter. No matter your budget, your treated the same as any tour pro that walks in. It's really a great atmosphere and a great experience. Take your time, choose carefully.

ย 

The problem is I don't have a big budget so I'll probably be pushed into a small selection as it is. I have no doubts about how they treat people as I've heard nothing but great things about the whole process.

The staff is kick a**. They will help you out any way possible .Great studio and fun experience just to go there. Loved looking at all the models.

ย 

ย 

I went for a replacement grip and they took the time to measure and adjust the lie and loft and only charged me for the price of the grip. I wouldn't worry about your budget being small. These guys are all about having a putter that is right for you! Let us know how it goes.

ย 

So glad to hear. I'm planning on going in a couple weeks. Definitely before March. After emailing back and forth with Michael, I can't wait to go. Sucks that I won't be able to get on a course for a couple months.

• 2 weeks later...
The staff is kick a**. They will help you out any way possible .Great studio and fun experience just to go there. Loved looking at all the models.

ย 

ย 

I went for a replacement grip and they took the time to measure and adjust the lie and loft and only charged me for the price of the grip. I wouldn't worry about your budget being small. These guys are all about having a putter that is right for you! Let us know how it goes.

ย 

So glad to hear. I'm planning on going in a couple weeks. Definitely before March. After emailing back and forth with Michael, I can't wait to go. Sucks that I won't be able to get on a course for a couple months.

ย 

Did you end up going? Curious how your experience was...

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

If you're looking for an update on the experience it is more than worth it. I'd go with the intention of buying a putter. First because if you buy a putter you don't pay for the fitting. Second because once you are fit for one of theirs you like, you'll have to buy it. Worked with brad and he's both knowledgeable and a good dude.

ย 

They check for lie, consistent strike, face angle and more during the fitting. Great experience.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

If you're looking for an update on the experience it is more than worth it. I'd go with the intention of buying a putter. First because if you buy a putter you don't pay for the fitting. Second because once you are fit for one of theirs you like, you'll have to buy it. Worked with brad and he's both knowledgeable and a good dude.

ย 

They check for lie, consistent strike, face angle and more during the fitting. Great experience.

ย 

Good to know -- I've heard almost all positive things about the experience in general. Didn't know the fitting was free with a purchase, though. That's a pretty nice plus.

ย 

ย 

You know what? This putter has had enough chances. F**k it I'm setting up an appointment.

ย 

ย 

You know what? This putter has had enough chances. F**k it I'm setting up an appointment.

ย 

Hahah good call. Don't think you'll regret it.

ย 

The only thing that's standing in my way is I have a $140 Golf Galaxy credit and I don't need anything new. I'm really looking at getting the 2017 Studio Stock 8 so I'm debating whether I should just buy it and have it bent or just shell out the extra $140 at the Studio and use the credit on something else.

ย 

The only thing that's standing in my way is I have a $140 Golf Galaxy credit and I don't need anything new. I'm really looking at getting the 2017 Studio Stock 8 so I'm debating whether I should just buy it and have it bent or just shell out the extra $140 at the Studio and use the credit on something else.

ย 

Can you bring it in and get the fitting? If you don't get it at the studio, the fitting fee may not be waived, so I'm not sure it's worth it... I'd check on that first, might be better off just going in to Studio B for the full experience.

Plus I feel like even if I had a model in mind, I'd probably freak out and call an audible on something else that caught my eye and I fell in love with lol.

ย 

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I'm so torn on what to do. My putting has been incredible recently which makes me not want to switch but I love the look and feel of the new Betti's with the Fit Face and Fly Milling. The gift card saves me a bit of money but then I won't get fitted. Decisions decisions....

I just picked up a center shaft studio stock 28. I rolled it at Miles of Golf a bunch before ordering. Its a sweet stick. Add to the collection.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-ย  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I agree with the helmet. Have a collection. I was rolling an SS 15 great but love the look of the inovai 3.0. So went and got fitted for it. If there's anything worth having two of in golf, it's balls and putters.

ย 

Im eyeing a inovai 3.0 center shaft. Bettinardi told me they are out of stock for now.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-ย  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5