Best ball mark repair tool

Comments

• ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,826 ✭✭
    I cringe when I see someone lift up....as it'll be a bare spot the size of a quarter for a decent amount of time to come...and yeah those angled tools should all be thrown in a scrap pile, they suck and not only do they promote lifting, they are not practical to use.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,230 ✭✭
    I cringe when they don't attempt to fix the mark at all. When fixed improperly, the grass will eventually fill in, just as in aeration.
  • aiyyeraiyyer Members Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    60a75c4f6463725bf1efb88664ba2b5b.jpg

Crazy -$118 for a divot tool at Stich Golf!
  • Jlender21Jlender21 Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Best ones to use that don’t stain your shorts?..?.?.?
  • Sam_Wise11Sam_Wise11 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I don't know if this has been said on this thread yet (too lazy to read through the 8 pages of posts, oops) but I just came across and bought a multi-tool divot fixer. The company is called Birdicorn (www.birdicorn.com) and I think this is a genius idea. Of course you get your divot tool, but you also get a bottle opener, you can place it in the ground and it'll hold your cigar or club, it has a place to draw a line on your golf ball, and it'll hold your magnetic ball mark! They come in a few different colors, I got the silver one first, then ordered a second blue one. I tried stamping my last name into it and grabbed the wrong stamp haha. To me it almost feels like it's too think to be a divot tool. I've used the switchblade type tools before and love those since it doesn't poke me in my pocket and it's super easy to fix pitch marks. Figured I can't go wrong spending the same amount of money on one that has 4 more uses than my current one!
    Driver - Callaway Rogue SubZero 9* w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 76g
    4 Wood - Callaway Rogue 17* w/ Graphite Design AD GP 8x
    Utility - Srixon U65 20* w/ Graphite Design AD DI 95x
    Irons - Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100 - +.5", 2* up
    Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy 4's 52*S/56*S/60*C w/ True Temper X100 Black Onyx Tour - +.25", 2* up
    Putter - Odyssey 3T
    Ball - Taylormade TP5
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,767 ✭✭
    And to think I've played golf all these years without a bottle opener, cigar holder or swiss army knife in my pocket. Not to mention using ball mark tools I can get for free.

Guess that makes me a dinosaur.
    Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,230 ✭✭
    Jlender21 wrote:

Best ones to use that don’t stain your shorts?..?.?.?

I find most stains come from dirty cart steering wheels. I've gone to carrying balls, tees, tools, markers, etc. in my left pocket.
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 909 ✭✭

And to think I've played golf all these years without a bottle opener, cigar holder or swiss army knife in my pocket. Not to mention using ball mark tools I can get for free.

Guess that makes me a dinosaur.

Nah, just means you`re out there to play golf, not to look cool with gizmo`s and gadgets.
  • sirparalotsirparalot Members Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Love the Pitchfix Fusion 2.5. So easy to use and does not hurt the turf. Its so quick and easy I find myself fixing 3 to 4 marks on every green to make up for those that don't give a **** about treating the course with respect...but thats another rant altogether.
  • RunOfTheDillRunOfTheDill Members Posts: 644
    does anyone have a recommendation of something like that pitchfix but fits normal size ball markers easily? I have a tendency to lose ball markers so being able to replace them easily would be nice. Would buy a pitchfix, but have read that it doesnt fit the standard size coins the best.
    Driver - Callaway XR16 10.5
    3 Wood - Callaway XR16 15
    Hybrid - Callaway XROS(16) 19
    Irons - Ping I10 3-PW
    Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12 F
    Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM7 54.10 S
    Lob Wedge - Callaway PM Grind 60.10
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Squareback
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 698 ✭✭
    Pitchfix fusion 2.5 fits most coin sized marks I’ve tried.
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    yeah I believe the older pitchfix was a smaller coin but the newer fusions are “standard”. what I did with my original is carve the bottom rim of the circle away with an xacto knife so that a larger circle mark would fit in there
  • cgrcgr Members Posts: 61
    My girlfriend got me a "Div Pro" tool (with a ballmark and a pointy end for shotgunning beers) that I really like.
  • hennesyhennesy Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I am a skull and crossbones fan, so this is a favorite, $10 on ebay, light and sturdy. I bought a bunch of switchblade tools 15 years ago from a company called Zivot with that also being the name of the tool. Those Zivots are indestructible, heavy for those that like 'em that way.

Do love this thread...makes me laugh. There are 2 types of people in this world...guys with 19 divot tools and guys with a tee. The guys with a tee just don't get us.
  • hennesyhennesy Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Here's the skull tool...didn't attach last post

• KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,870 ✭✭
    Any one! Just use it!
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

• spur22spur22 USAMembers Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited Feb 15, 2018 #228
    hennesy wrote:

Here's the skull tool...didn't attach last post

Been using these for a few years, love them.

Cobra King LTD Pro 9.5*
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 18.5*
    Ping G10 24*
    Mizuno MP 60 5-PW
    Titleist SM6 52* and 58*
    Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 34"
    Snell MTB Black
    instagram.com/sharpened_development_llc
  • BMuller23BMuller23 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    Nessism wrote:

I use one of these. Going on season three now. It's lightweight plastic with nickel plating. The Ping logo thing is a magnetic ball marker and the round depression in the middle is for your thumb. Very ergonomic.

ping-divot-tool-ball-marker-1884643143-500x500.jpg

Using same one, light and effective
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 Max 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G25 4W 16.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G25 3H 20* Aldila VS Proto 85S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iE1 4-UW Nippon Pro Modus 105S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM5 54* S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60* D[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bettinardi BB0[/font]
  • BlingyBlingy Members Posts: 22
    augustgolf wrote:

What's wrong with a good, old fashioned tee???

They don't cost much, and they have done the job for many years....and, done it well, I might add

I've used a tee for 40+ years of playing but now my right thumb hurts too much to use a tee.
  • AugsterAugster Members Posts: 4,132 ✭✭
    Augster wrote:

The Spider, insta-golf repair tool. Accept no substitutes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F1YJFFQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486500634&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=spider+repair+tool&dpPl=1&dpID=31s5gqnXwcL&ref=plSrch

I've used mine for 2 seasons and counting. In most cases it's like there was never a ball mark after repairing.

Up to 4 seasons and counting. Still the same repair tool. Still going strong. It’s like the ball mark was never there.
  • buntabunta Members Posts: 542 ✭✭
    Augster wrote:

Augster wrote:

The Spider, insta-golf repair tool. Accept no substitutes.

https://www.amazon.c...XwcL&ref=plSrch

I've used mine for 2 seasons and counting. In most cases it's like there was never a ball mark after repairing.

Up to 4 seasons and counting. Still the same repair tool. Still going strong. It's like the ball mark was never there.

im sorry but those will never be able to fix my asteroid induced craters ..
    TS3 9.5
    s55 4-PW
    Glide 50/54/60
    1966 Anser 2
  • enfuegoenfuego Members Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I tested out someone's Cameron tool and the two prongs were too close to use fast and accurately. The one I use that allows for a quick correct fix has a gap about 150% of the one on the Cameron tool. Anyone else notice this?
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 428 ✭✭
    I was at my local Marshalls and found a Pitchfix copy called Switchfix. LOL. I know. But it was licensed by the NFL and my local store had my local team (49ers). It came with the tool and two ball markers for $8.00. I bought two of them. They also had one with a poker chip.

nfl_san_francisco_49ers_switchfix_divot_tool-220x200.jpg
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 578 ✭✭
    Cameron Pivot Tool, only Scotty product I still own.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • I like the single prong tools. There's a metal one on the Vokey website that's good quality and has a ball marker on it.
  • heisman6183heisman6183 Cedar Rapids, IAPosts: 149 ✭✭
    Has anyone used the divot tool/wrench that comes in certain Odyssey weight kits? Looks like a good/sturdy tool and maybe could use the wrench in a pinch.
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    enfuego wrote:

I tested out someone's Cameron tool and the two prongs were too close to use fast and accurately. The one I use that allows for a quick correct fix has a gap about 150% of the one on the Cameron tool. Anyone else notice this?

nope

of the double prong tools I think that's one of the best
    Yadi for President
  • I have two cheap stamped brass divot fixers. One is the back up. Can't really go wrong. I have a couple buddies who carry those Spider tools, and they do work pretty slick.
  • JCKHJCKH Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭
    scotty divot tool user
  • lefty1978lefty1978 Members Posts: 266 ✭✭
    I use the cheap plastic kind you get in bulk or just a tee. I hate anything with any weight in my pockets while playing. I also use the cheap plastic ball markers you get in bulk. I have some really nice ball markers and divot tools, just never use them.
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.0° w/ HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Callaway XR16 3w 15° w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20° w/ Kuro Kage 80g
    Mizuno MP-54 4i-PW w/ DG S300
    Mizuno S18 52°/9 w/ DG S400
    Mizuno S18 56°/10 w/ DG S400
    Mizuno S18 60°/6 w/ DG S400
    Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Putter
    Srixon Q-Star Tour golf balls