Odyssey O Works

Calibama27

Went in looking for the 2-Ball or 1W. Ended up with the 2. Probably the best feeling and best alignment in an Odyssey putter I've ever rolled. I really liked the R line model as well but the #2 just felt right.

Cobra KING F7+
Cobra KING F7 3-4
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3-5 MP18 MMC 6-PW
Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It baffles me when some people spend £120 more on a Scotty, rather than buy an Odyssey, which (imo) are far superior putters. Granted, the finish might not be as good, but they perform better than anything Mr Cameron has to offer.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Tried the V-Line Fang CH. None of the other models appeal to me.

Sits nice at address and very easy to line up. Surprised it was face balanced. Most putters of this style have a slight toe hang, which fits my stroke better. Regardless, it rolls the ball well and I was making a bunch with it. However, I simply wasn't a fan of the feel. Not sure what it was but it was lacking. I would also prefer it without the Versa scheme. Anyway, nothing really wowed me but Odyssey fans will probably flock to these.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-)
PING G430 hybrid 22°, 26° (F-)
Irons tbd
PING s159 53W, 58B
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour yellow

The 1W in its various iterations has consistently been the putter I do the best with. I ditched my Versa early last year as a streaky scapegoat and because I am a ho. I enjoy my SC M1 mallet quite a bit, but I am picking one of these up this weekend. I'm going to look at the other models too but I would bet money now I walk in and the 1W is the putter that puts the most balls in the practice green hole.

I bought a 2-ball yesterday for the first time in my golfing life. I always swore I would never use a mallet. Started with a bullseye, went to a heel shaft, dicked around with ansers and the like here and there, went back with the heel shaft until it would go cold and then back to some form of anser. So I went in looking for the new Sigma G series Tess heel shaft and they didnt have it. The kid there couldnt even understand what I was talking about when I told him it was shaped like an 8802. He just kind of had that "does Scotty Cameron make one bro" look so I said nevermind. Anyway I noticed the Oworks line and didnt even realize these had arrived. Messed around with the 9. Nah I got one of these. Messed around with the #1. Nah got one of these too. My brother was messing around with the 2 ball, he of no allegiance to anything in golf other than does it work. So i started rolling one too and it felt great, rolled great (as great as it can roll on trailer turf over concrete) and even better looked good. I like the color scheme on this years line. Wasnt a big fan of the grey and blue or versa black and white of years past. Also like the face as it feels a little softer to me than the versa 9 face. So my brother says "well if you get it and dont like it cut me a deal". So its a win win. Im gonna give it a try for a few rounds and really commit to it and if I dont like it I know he'll be in the market. Will check back in when i put it to work.

Ping G400 10.5,3W,5W (Eye 2 1,3,5)
Ping Eye 2+no+ 3-SW, BeCu+ LW
Ping 30th Anniversary Anser, Pat Pend. Anser 2
Titleist Pro V1

Tried them all out yesterday and loved the insert but couldn't find a model I liked enough to buy. I also found the color scheme pretty overwhelming. Looked ok in pics but it's a lot going on in person.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

Tried 3-4 of them, based on my set-up & stroke the V-Line Fang was the "One", that came home with me.

Looks great at address and easy to line up, sale rep who fussed over me for 20-25 minutes showed me how that it was face balanced which I need he also said it may be a bit more forgiving compared to the R Line Mallet. Based on my height & stance he recommended the 35" which really felt good, my current gamer is 34" so this will be interesting or maybe even better. Liked the feel and sound, bonus. Not sure about the grip, but that's easy to swap out.

D.

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

I love these putters, look & feel plus alignment is 1st class. I refuse to buy one until they allow me access to one of the below. That is a Beaut!

BFW4QQc.jpg

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

Agree, thought I was going mallet but the 1W looked and felt great and I wasn't a big fan of the #7 and just don't like the R line round mallet. Swapped out the pistol tour for the pistol 1.0 which is a perfect blend between the two offered grips and it feels perfect. Can't wait to roll this on real greens (store and simulated golf only so far, but putted well)

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue

Titleist TSi2 3W, 5W Ventus TR Blue

Callaway Apex CB 4-PW DG 120

Titleist Vokey SM9 50/55/60 Oban CT 115

Ping PLD Anser

I tried a few models in my Pro shop yesterday. Like a few others here I liked the 1W the most. Found that the busy head wasn't quite so effected by the shape of the 1W head, and rolled it very nicely, feel was nice too. Once again, I found the chosen head has an effect on the feel off the face, and that the 1W was also the best feeling head for me.

I want to try the Ping Sigma Kushin, as essentially, it is exactly the same head as the 1W, but the Kushin has a 10g more weight, which could be the clincher for me. We'll see. But if the Kushin does work out, then I'll certainly come back to the 1W.

I really don't like the look of the 2-ball putter.... but I went and tried all the O-Works models today and it's the one I putted best with! I like that they give you at least 2 different grip size options.

But one thing I will say is this: Putter pricing is getting out of control! "normal" putters are now basically all $200 and over. Gimme a break. I'd rather buy an old one and have it refinished.

I ordered 1 directly through GG as I had a gift card, and I ordered another style directly from Odyssey, both well before the release date; custom in that I specified 2* upright.....my direct order still shows 'in process'. GG still has not received the one I ordered through them either.......given the release date UPS shipping debacle some of us experienced with Epic drivers ordered directly from Callaway, I would have thought that attention would have been paid to make sure things went a bit smoother this time. A bit frustrated here; how hard can it be to bend it 2* upright and ship!

Ordered directly from Callway and now my order is held up. Anyone else have any issues?

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

I ordered 1 directly through GG as I had a gift card, and I ordered another style directly from Odyssey, both well before the release date; custom in that I specified 2* upright.....my direct order still shows 'in process'. GG still has not received the one I ordered through them either.......given the release date UPS shipping debacle some of us experienced with Epic drivers ordered directly from Callaway, I would have thought that attention would have been paid to make sure things went a bit smoother this time. A bit frustrated here; how hard can it be to bend it 2* upright and ship!

Ordered directly from Callway and now my order is held up. Anyone else have any issues?

Yeah, pretty irritating. I ordered a standard #1 @ 34", says in stock on line. One of the Callaway customer service guys is looking into it. Spoke to a couple guys and was told different things by each one.

Let me start by saying that I am a Odyssey whore and I own several of them... I have spent the last several weeks mentally bating over these O Works putters. Purchased the two ball version on Saturday and added my grip of choice and a sight line (specs are identical to the white hot tour lined & filled I love). Spent yesterday afternoon rolling it on my putting green in my backyard... Took it to my home course today and I'm kind of disappointed. It's not as soft as some of my favorite Odyssey inserts. I agree with others that say the RSX feels better. I can't tell that the ball gets rolling faster or rolls better with the micro hinge tech. I wish I could say it is game changing (I hoped it would be). I'm not trying to discourage anybody from buying one. I'm just giving some feedback. Bottom line is if my putter face is open or closed at impact, chances are I'm going to miss my line and putt.

Taylormade SIM 9*- Accra
Taylormade SIM Max D 16*- Accra
SIM hybrid 19* 
Taylormade P760 4-PW
Vokey SM7: 50, 55, 60*
Spider X Plumbers 33.5"

Last week I came across an all red Itsy Bitsy Spider Limited putter new in packaging. These aren't made anymore. I always thought that they looked phenomenal and the few times I rolled them, they felt magnificent. I'm a SBST putter and the new Spider Tours have toe hang except for the red and platinum one which I think the colour combination is very ugly IMO. I felt that if I didn't snatch it up, it could be gone in a matter of minutes so I impulsively bought it. I'm very sensitive to the weight of a putter head. 350g mallets heads suit me perfectly. If its 345g or below of 360 or higher, I can just never seem to get the pace right. I currently game the PING Rustler that has a 350g head. To say I was gutted about the 3 Sigma G mallets all being 370g would be an understatement. Sorry this is a bit long winded, I'm getting to the Odyssey O-Works bit.

I was delighted with life with my Itsy Bitsy but it weighed 360g. To confirm that my putter head weight issue isn't mental, I thought initially that the Itsy Bitsy head weight was 350g when it was actually 360g. As I was putting with it, I couldn't figure why it felt just a tad too heavy. I then looked up that it was 360g.

I was quite annoyed as I wanted a new flat stick but there was nothing else out currently out that really appealed to me. I thought the O-Works 7 looked very nice but I remember rolling the #7 RX last year. I honestly thought that there was a horrible feel to it. I felt like I was putting with a rotting tree branch. With that in mind, I had no intention of rolling any putter from the O-Works line cause I thought the feel of them would be very similar to last year's RX models.

With a nothing to lose mindset, I decided to roll the #7 as it suited my eye and the head weighs 350g. All I can say is "Oh my goodness!" I have never putted with as much feel as I got from it when I rolled it. It was just perfect. I explained my situation to the salesperson about the Taylormade and he was kind enough to let me take the #7 to my club putting green to try it out. It was even better on the green as opposed to the shop putting matt. I just gave it into my pro for him to put on a midsize grip that I like and I cannot wait to start using it. It's going straight into my bag. I know feel is subjective but the O-Works lines to me feel miles better than last year's RX line.

I returned the Itsy Bitsy, took the #7 and I also have 30 credit now in the store :)

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold S300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Bought a 38" #7 last week. Haven't been able to play with it much due to the greens around here being trash, but I liked it at the store and for the 30 minutes I rolled it on an outdoor shaggy green. Was hitting my line much more consistently than I was with my 35" Itsy Bitsy Limited. Again, small sample size but my first impression is that I like it a lot.