Tour Issue B Stamp SLDR Driver? Need Advice Please!

Johnny GolfballJohnny Golfball Members Posts: 151 ✭✭
Becoming a big fan of scouting my local golf shops for exotic shafts and tour issue heads. Came across this SLDR the other day and wanted some feedback.

Appears to have all the "Tour Issue" markings you would expect for the SLDR (Port ****, + COR testing sign and B Stamp). Would love some clarity on where the "B" should be on the serial number as well if "B Stamping" is different than their old "T Stamping."

I've included as best photos as I can get on my iphone.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks WRX nation!

Comments

• stagolfer06stagolfer06 Members Posts: 1,049 ✭✭
    Has the "+" stamp and a toe **** 100% tour issue, not sure about the B stamp, looks as if that was the batch. I have also seen Tour issue SLDRs ending a C serial number.
  • pga_apprenticepga_apprentice Members Posts: 1,665
    Part of the serial batch number...not a designation like the "b" stamps of old.
    ’16 Tour M2 9.5° KK 70 XTS | ’17 M1 T3 14.5° PX 8A4 | R15 18° OBAN 100 | i200 $-Taper 125
    |i200 50° X100 | Glide 2.0 54° WS X100 | Glide 2.0 58° ES X100 | Cadence TR Anser 2
    |[background=transparent] Srixon [/background]XV [background=transparent]or TM Project [/background]'A' |
  • HeyericbHeyericb Members Posts: 98
    Definitely fake
  • TLfanTLfan Members Posts: 1,052 ✭✭
    Heyericb wrote:

Definitely fake

Wrong answer
    Titleist 917D2 9.5 w/ Graphite Design Black DI 5
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 70
    Titleist 818H2 17 w/ Recoil 780 ES
    Srixon 565 3-6 / 765 7-PW w/ Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap
    Titleist Vokey Raw SM7 54M/58D w/ Black Onyx DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 009
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • CommerceTigerCommerceTiger Members Posts: 2,157 ✭✭
    Got the same head with an Aldila Rogue. Definitely legit
    Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
    TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
    Mizuno MP63 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
    Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
    WITB Link
  • LabRat2LabRat2 Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Real, as the "+" on the hosel indicates that it was COR tested.

As regards the serial number containing a B I think you are a little confused. Early tour issue SLDR's contained the T serial (TDCxxx for 9.5 deg drivers) and (TDBxxx for 10.5 deg drivers) and did not have a toe ****.

However, this practice was abandoned and later Tour issue SLDR's have retail serials with the "+" and the toe **** (post C Howell III disq at the Wyndham champ)

There are some that exist with a B stamp but it is on the hosel next to the COR stamp
    036.JPG 69.5K
    915D4 10.5 Rogue Black 70s
    Aeroburner 15 Diamana D80x
    Callaway xforged UT 18 Veylix Rome 988
    Callaway Apex UT 24 Aldila RIP105x hyb
    Callaway Apex Pro (5-7) KBS Tour V 110s
    Callaway Apex MB steelfiber i110x (8-pw)
    CallawayMD forged 52+56 DG X100 onyx
    Vokey Design 60V
    Tank No7 Versa
    Tour B330
    WITB Link
  • Johnny GolfballJohnny Golfball Members Posts: 151 ✭✭
    LabRat2 wrote:

Real, as the "+" on the hosel indicates that it was COR tested.

As regards the serial number containing a B I think you are a little confused. Early tour issue SLDR's contained the T serial (TDCxxx for 9.5 deg drivers) and (TDBxxx for 10.5 deg drivers) and did not have a toe ****.

However, this practice was abandoned and later Tour issue SLDR's have retail serials with the "+" and the toe **** (post C Howell III disq at the Wyndham champ)

There are some that exist with a B stamp but it is on the hosel next to the COR stamp

Thanks LabRat! Just the info I was looking for!
  • Johnny GolfballJohnny Golfball Members Posts: 151 ✭✭

I have two other SLDR heads that aren't tour issue and haven't noticed a huge difference in launch numbers but more so in sound and feel. Was this your experience as well?
  • CommerceTigerCommerceTiger Members Posts: 2,157 ✭✭

I have two other SLDR heads that aren't tour issue and haven't noticed a huge difference in launch numbers but more so in sound and feel. Was this your experience as well?

I noticed a difference in the sound but I wasn't sure whether to contribute that to the rogue or not. Haha
    Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
    TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
    Mizuno MP63 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
    Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
    WITB Link