KBS S-Taper shafts

1235»

Comments

• KPH808KPH808 Participation Trophy ClubWRX Posts: 2,634 ClubWRX
    gambit wrote:

Finally got the Tour V 125 S+ out today. Definitely more firm than the standard Tours and $ Taper. Overall, I liked the flight better. First time swinging a club in a month so my timing was a bit off, especially with the long irons. I feel the flight of the ball is more predictable with these as I hit a cut and if it doesn't come back it's still playable, whereas the $ Taper I could lose the ball well left.

I thought that was just me as well. Sometimes when I go hard at it I do miss it left with this shaft.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=times new roman,times,serif]Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
    TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
    Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
    Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
    Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M
    [/font]
    [/font]
  • FEWOFEWO Members Posts: 372 ✭✭
    edited Jul 1, 2018 #123
    KPH808 wrote:
    gambit wrote:

Finally got the Tour V 125 S+ out today. Definitely more firm than the standard Tours and $ Taper. Overall, I liked the flight better. First time swinging a club in a month so my timing was a bit off, especially with the long irons. I feel the flight of the ball is more predictable with these as I hit a cut and if it doesn't come back it's still playable, whereas the $ Taper I could lose the ball well left.

I thought that was just me as well. Sometimes when I go hard at it I do miss it left with this shaft.

Have the same issue. I think it's the SW. Clubs measured at d0 and getting them rebuilt at d2 d3. So hope that helps.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Cleveland RTX 3 [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]50º,[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]54º and [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]58º w/PX 5.5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/font]
  • SARFSARF Members Posts: 46
    Currently play KBs Tour X 130 ss x1. 90-92mph 7 iron swing. What would be the equivalent from an FCM perspective for the S Tapers? Should I be looking at S+ 125? Liking the sound of a slightly lower flight with less spin.

Cheers
  • grickygricky Members Posts: 64 ✭✭
    I got fitted for the 130 $-Tapers when I went to club champion... coming from x100s that seem to do the trick, I’m a bit skeptical.

Any of you folks switch to these from x100s ? Trying to wrap my head around the real differences here and if it’s worth $55 a shaft/tying me to calls or cobra since they come stock. Really tough choice. Also need to think about the wedges if I switch image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Titleist TS2 9.5 w/ GD AD DI 6x
    Nike Vapor Fly 15 3W w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 75g
    JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/ TT DG TI X100
    JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4 iron w/ TT DG TI X100
    Callaway Mack Daddy Raw 50.10 S w/ TT DG TI X100 Onyx
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 54.10 S w/ TT DG TI X100 Onyx
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 60.08 M w/ TT DG TI X100 Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3 34''

• JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,227 ✭✭
    gricky wrote:

I got fitted for the 130 $-Tapers when I went to club champion... coming from x100s that seem to do the trick, I’m a bit skeptical.

Any of you folks switch to these from x100s ? Trying to wrap my head around the real differences here and if it’s worth $55 a shaft/tying me to calls or cobra since they come stock. Really tough choice. Also need to think about the wedges if I switch image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It’s club champions job to sell you expensive shafts. Never forget that.

There’s nothing at all wrong with the X100. There’s a reason it’s been so popular for stronger players for decades.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,184 ✭✭
    gricky wrote:

I didn't care for the $ taper. Seemed real loose to me, and not much different than the standard tours. Went to tour issue DG 120 x100s at the time and they were significantly better for me as were the tour v's.
    Yeah. They felt a bit weird to me. Especially where the weight was, vs the DG which always feel great too me. I saw spin go down but I'm not too concerned with that in my irons or flight characteristics.

Toss another question in here.... anyone compare these vs. project x 6.5? I tried the LZ model but I literally hated them

• bfizzybfizzy San DiegoMembers Posts: 216 ✭✭
    gricky wrote:

Toss another question in here.... anyone compare these vs. project x 6.5? I tried the LZ model but I literally hated them

Keep in mind I don't like the feel of the Project X shafts, but for me they both actually perform quite similarly even though they feel really different. On a monitor, and also visually hitting balls I see both launch pretty quickly but flatten out. Based on my fitting data, I typically saw the $-taper have a slightly lower peak height, with a tad more spin, in reality they were close enough that it came down to feel preference. My dispersion was better with $-Tapers, but I attribute that to preferring the feel of the tapers over the Project X. I have only hit the LZ in passing so can't really give an opinion there
    TM M5 9.0* - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    TM 2017 Tour M2 15* - Tensei Pro White 70tx
    TM P790 UDI 17* - Tensei Pro White 100 TX
    TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
    Miura MC 501 4-PW - KBS $-Taper X
    Taylormade MG 51* / 55* DG TI S400
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60* Fujikura MCI Wedge Graphite 
    Putter: Tyson Lamb Allendale / Kronos Golf Proto
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 11, 2019 4:37pm #131
    gricky wrote:

You see similar launch monitor numbers if you hit Modus 120 X, Project X 6.5, and $ Taper X side by side. If you want to compare these to Dynamic Golds the three shafts I listed will launch a touch higher, spin a touch less and will be a little harder to curve the ball with.

For most people the only difference between Modus 120, PX and $ Taper will be the feel. Modus 120 is generally the smoothest, PX the harshest and $ Taper somewhere in the middle.