Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Pizza : what you having on it?

Comments

• One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder  10829Members Posts: 10,829
    Well after posting about Pomo Pizzeria and how good it was, guess where we went to dinner last night?

C67IBHwVoAA-Os5.jpg
    Posted:
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.  6439Members Posts: 6,439
    More food ****, gotta love it.
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • HybridHybrid  274Members Posts: 274
    Spinach and mushrooms at the Whole Foods wine and beer bar here in Orlando. Superb. You meet some facinating people here, too while drinking a craft beer.
    Posted:
  • hogans71hogans71 Ain't no change in the weather, ain't no changes in me  10704Members Posts: 10,704

MtlJeff wrote:

Do they do deepdish anywhere outside Chicago? That's probably a dumb question but a serious one. I've only had it there.....here we basically only have thin-crust type pizzas at the nicer places.

Montreal is very european style in terms of food. There's 3-4 places i got for great pizza but they are all like brick over style thin crust.

I wasn't crazy about deep dish to be honest

We've got a Lou Manatis here in PHX now deep dish straight out of Chicago. Place is packed every day. I just don't get deep dish pizza though

I lived in Chicago **** near my whole life and refuse to eat deep dish- it ain't pizza. It's a tourist-y thing to do as well...

Peqoud's for the best thin crust around these parts...
    Posted:
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing  3691Members Posts: 3,691
    Hybrid wrote:

Spinach and mushrooms at the Whole Foods wine and beer bar here in Orlando. Superb. You meet some facinating people here, too while drinking a craft beer.

I feel like this is part of a South Park episode where the elites gather to smell their own farts.
    Posted:
  • Argonne69Argonne69  22652Members Posts: 22,652
    hogans71 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

Do they do deepdish anywhere outside Chicago? That's probably a dumb question but a serious one. I've only had it there.....here we basically only have thin-crust type pizzas at the nicer places.

Montreal is very european style in terms of food. There's 3-4 places i got for great pizza but they are all like brick over style thin crust.

We've got a Lou Manatis here in PHX now deep dish straight out of Chicago. Place is packed every day. I just don't get deep dish pizza though

I lived in Chicago **** near my whole life and refuse to eat deep dish- it ain't pizza. It's a tourist-y thing to do as well...

C'mon. Deep dish was invented in Chicago in 1943 before it became a tourist destination. As I understand it, pizza was never considered a meal, but rather an appetizer. Ike Sewell developed the deep dish at Pizzeria Uno as a main dish. There are those that argue that Lou Rudy Malnati actually invented it, as he worked in the kitchen at Pizzeria Uno.

Now, maybe stuffed pizza (e.g. Giordano's, Edwardo's), with its double layers of dough and ingredients on the inside, might not be considered "pizza".
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Advertisement
  • glkglk send it in jerome Kodak, Tn/Chucktown, Sc via Chicago & Burgh 3625Members Posts: 3,625
    Argonne69 wrote:

hogans71 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

C'mon. Deep dish was invented in Chicago in 1943 before it became a tourist destination. As I understand it, pizza was never considered a meal, but rather an appetizer. Ike Sewell developed the deep dish at Pizzeria Uno as a main dish. There are those that argue that Lou Malnati actually invented it, as he worked in the kitchen at Pizzeria Uno.

Now, maybe stuffed pizza (e.g. Giordano's, Edwardo's), with its double layers of dough and ingredients on the inside, might not be considered "pizza".

Rudy , Lou's dad. Ike had no clue how to make pizza. He was going to do Mexican but his partner nixed it after he tried Mexican. Lou's half brother started pizano's - Rudy jr - not quite as big as malnatis but pretty **** good
    Posted:
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308  1754Members Posts: 1,754
    Plain for me.
    Posted:
  • knock it closeknock it close  7960Members Posts: 7,960

Hybrid wrote:

I feel like this is part of a South Park episode where the elites gather to smell their own farts.
    Even the username checks out
    Posted:
    M2, maybe
    915 FD
    913 HD
    712u 3
    714 AP2 4-p
    SM5 53, 59
    Circa62
  • One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder  10829Members Posts: 10,829

Hybrid wrote:

Even the username checks out

Smug alert!

_5S3eP.gif3

I kid, we actually go to whole foods to drink beer as their tap list is usually very solid. Great people watching too.
    Posted:
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
    For Chicago style pan, I preferred Due over Uno when I lived in the Chicago area. It may have been the cave-like basement location with the tables very close such that you were part of your neighbor's personal life. The pizza wasn't the same as Uno and very good.
    Posted:

Advertisement

Hybrid wrote:

Totally weird. But funny.
    Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  27436Members Posts: 27,436
    Ok, whats the cheapest you remember

A slice and a soda?

I think I remember like 75 cents for a slice and a can of RC Cola.

And this was on the radio ; )

Posted:
  • teejaywhyteejaywhy Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon  7214Members Posts: 7,214

I kid, we actually go to whole foods to drink beer as their tap list is usually very solid. Great people watching too.

"Whole Paycheck" Foods, as we call it.

Someone help me find the John Stewart deep dish pizza rant. Funny!
    Posted:
  • Argonne69Argonne69  22652Members Posts: 22,652
    Hybrid wrote:

For Chicago style pan, I preferred Due over Uno when I lived in the Chicago area. It may have been the cave-like basement location with the tables very close such that you were part of your neighbor's personal life. The pizza wasn't the same as Uno and very good.

Pizzeria Due was opened by the owner of Uno, as they had no room to expand the original restaurant. I believe they still serve the same pizza.

It's very likely the kitchen crew was responsible for differences. Having worked in a pizza place for 10 years, I was surprised at how different a pizza could taste when made by two different workers. If the balance of ingredients wasn't quite right, the flavor would be off.
    Posted:
  • PuckoonPuckoon  193Members Posts: 193
    Busted out the anchovies on a pizza for the first time recently. There will be a second time, delicious!!

Standard fare at Chez Puck would be pepperoni, pineapple, jalapeño.

Partial to a sneaky BBQ chicken too if I get the chance.

Costco take and bake is pretty solid.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • blairdblaird  2196Members Posts: 2,196
    Carnivore....Meat...pepperoni, ham, bacon, sausage, any of that good stuff. No rabbit food or fruit or anchovies, dont eat any of those anyway really so Im not gonna ruin a pizza with it. Throw on some parm and catalina dressing and Im good to go. If Im out an about Ill have a cold beer with it if Im at the house or a buffet Im going with sweet tea.
    Posted:
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.  6439Members Posts: 6,439
    Puckoon wrote:

Busted out the anchovies on a pizza for the first time recently. There will be a second time, delicious!!

Anchovies nooooooooooooooooooo say it ain't so. image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' /> image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
    Puckoon wrote:

Love anchovies but never had them on pizza.

Got a home delivery coming later so I think Ill head up to the locals up the block and get a couple slices and a soda! Good zza, sauce is on the sweet side but still tasty.
    Posted:
  • PuckoonPuckoon  193Members Posts: 193
    Qqq123xx wrote:

Puckoon wrote:

Anchovies nooooooooooooooooooo say it ain't so. image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' /> image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I had a couple left over from the salad I made and thought why not. Growing up in Ireland the only references to anchovies I could recall was from the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

It was pretty tasty!
    Posted:
    Non-shameless bump.
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4

Advertisement
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28743Members Posts: 28,743
    I had one a few days ago, BBQ chicken, bacon and some sort green stuff, chives maybe i don't know....it was amazing. Thin crust

Pizza is amazing
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/S300
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
    Qqq123xx wrote:

Non-shameless bump.

Almost went for 2 slices and a soda today.

But got salmon teryaki instead.

Booooo!

However, tomorrow is another day!

Pizza, pizza. And soda!
    Posted:
    Built my own today. For brunch. Two little bigger than hand size pre made crusts. Yeah I know but what the hey just wanted to try them. Actually not to bad. Put both on pizza rack. Olive oil on crust, pepper jack cheese, jalapeno slices and black olives. Crust stayed thin, didn't blow up into sponge cake size. Was pretty good.
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • aarbroaarbro  149Members Posts: 149
    My wife and I are pretty simple with toppings, but make sure we always go woodfire oven.

We'll get 2 from Supreme, Pepperoni, Plain Cheese or BBQ Meatlovers. I'm a simple man with simple pleasures. Pizza, beer and sports usually satisfy me.

If we have friends over and she wants to impress them (or not be self conscious for our basic tastes) she'll order some from the fancy menu. Once had one with parma leg ham and potato, which I didn't really like.
    Posted:
    aarbro wrote:

My wife and I are pretty simple with toppings, but make sure we always go woodfire oven.

We'll get 2 from Supreme, Pepperoni, Plain Cheese or BBQ Meatlovers. I'm a simple man with simple pleasures. Pizza, beer and sports usually satisfy me.

If we have friends over and she wants to impress them (or not be self conscious for our basic tastes) she'll order some from the fancy menu. Once had one with parma leg ham and potato, which I didn't really like.
    parma leg ham. Please explain more thanks. And potato yeah that is a weird one. I like french fries, just always on the side. And never thought of them with pizza.
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4

Advertisement
  • JonesyJonesy  1548Members Posts: 1,548
    Can't believe I missed this!

Bacon, Avo and feta with pretty much all of the tabasco and I'm in heaven.
    Posted:
    Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
    Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
    Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
    Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
    Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  • JMG_02JMG_02  374Members Posts: 374
    This was a couple of days ago. Got the big green egg to 800 plus, this one cooked in probably 2 minutes.

20170322_205349.jpg
    Posted:
  • SetTheBarrHighSetTheBarrHigh Dallas 3942ClubWRX Posts: 3,942
    Pepperoni and jalapeños is the only way to go for me.
    Posted:
    Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Ping i210
    Titleist SM7 52°, 58°
    Titleist Pro Platinum Sonoma Two

Advertisement
    Non shameless bump part duh.
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights