Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Pizza : what you having on it?

Comments

• ks6970ks6970  65Members Posts: 65
    I have an odd obsession with mushrooms. So mushrooms onions peppers!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.  6430Members Posts: 6,430
    Well today got a large bacon and pepperoni. Added jalapeno slices and black olives. Liberally.
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • Swoosh-ThudSwoosh-Thud  1512Members Posts: 1,512
    Cheese. No extra anything.

Having grown up on Long Island, I was not aware you actually put a topping on a pizza 'til August 1982 when I went away to school. That was the first time I had a Death Disc (Domino's). Had to kill the taste of those with double anchovy & mushrooms. I will not eat deep dish at all- too yeasty, too greasy, just plain nasty. Rather eat nothing at all.

Not a fan of anything other than a New York pie. The margheritas in Italy are as good (all I ever eat for lunch with a carpaccio starter), but I still prefer the ones I grew up with.

I have a wood burning pizza oven and make my own margheritas; and though I don't eat them, I make my family a pesto pizza with mozzarella and topped with cold prosciutto and lightly dressed arugula.

Rolling Rock on the side here, Ripasso, Chianti or whatever is grown when I visit the family.
    Posted:
    JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
    Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
    Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
    Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
    Slighter Auburn
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.  6430Members Posts: 6,430
    Thread is back from the dead. I had a California Kitchen white pizza yesterday. Wasn't to bad.
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • JMG_02JMG_02  374Members Posts: 374
    I just ordered a Roccbox pizza oven, and pretty excited about it. So far I've been cooking my pizzas in my big green egg, which maxes out at maybe 800 degrees and that is just for a short time. This new thing is a small "portable" oven that you can use wood or gas and get it over 900 degrees for authentic Neapolitan margherita pizzas.

8.png
    Posted:
  • thug the bunnythug the bunny  6141Members Posts: 6,141
    You guys are artisans with your ovens. I just get a fresh loaf from one of my local pizzarias, let it rise a little, stretch it out on a pizza stone nice and thin, put some good stuff on, and pop it in the oven 525. Produces some tasty pizza nice and easy.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Interesting. But site says only up to 500*???

You need at least 600* minimum (700* ideal) on the floor. I've gotten the floor over 1000* using red oak due to alcohol induced inattentiveness.

I'm looking into trying coal. I live in the country and have a lot of wind = smoke. I've read that anthracite burns cleaner and without the smoke.
    Posted:
    Slighter Auburn

Interesting. But site says only up to 500*???

That's Celsius, good sir. 932 degrees F.

It's a British company, thus the C designation.

As I mentioned, if I hit everything right, I can get my Egg up to 800 but that goes away as soon as I lift the lid to put on the pizza. And even then, it takes almost an hour to get there and really saturate the entire Egg in heat and uses up a ton of charcoal to get there. Then I have to deal with cleaning out the ash, potentially running out of charcoal if I'm doing more than 2-3 pizzas, and my temp constantly is lowering with taking them on and off.

This little baby will get up to 900 degrees in about 20 minutes and stay there for as long as I have propane.
    Posted:
    Modern society.......loss of interest after satisfaction of search.....and not paying attention.

Thanks. I took the time to look at it carefully. If it were only 50% larger........................

But actually that is really neat!!!
    Posted:
    Slighter Auburn
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer  636Members Posts: 636
    for me Pepperoni is the one absolute must have...then I add whatever i'm in the mood for, but generally only "traditional" toppings - onions, mushrooms, maybe italian sausage
    Posted:
    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • hogans71hogans71 Ain't no change in the weather, ain't no changes in me  10704Members Posts: 10,704
    JMG_02 wrote:

I just ordered a Roccbox pizza oven, and pretty excited about it. So far I've been cooking my pizzas in my big green egg, which maxes out at maybe 800 degrees and that is just for a short time. This new thing is a small "portable" oven that you can use wood or gas and get it over 900 degrees for authentic Neapolitan margherita pizzas.

8.png

This has me intrigued! Gotta share how this works out...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403  3734Members Posts: 3,734
    Homemade pizza dough, bobby flay recipe. Homemade sauce, my own recipe. Mushrooms, red peppers, onions and r

Fresh Jalapeños. Baked at 500 on a couple pizza stones that have been at 500 for 45 mins before I put the pizzas on them.
    Posted:
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall  3430Members Posts: 3,430
    JP does not like a lot of stuff on his pizza. So you pineapple freaks, go to another table. No avocado either. Who ever heard of such a thing? Few times abroad, they put an egg on his pizza. They can't help it, they're Europeans...if he wants a salad he'll have a salad, so don't put it on Pearsall's pizza.

No knives or forks, except in Europe, where they are peculiar people.
    Posted:
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Titleist 909H 17* 21*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 24*
    MacGregor Tourney PCB Tour 5-PW
    Mizuno MP R 52* 56* 
    Odyssey White Hot #6
    Did you just 3rd person a post?

Nice
    Posted:
  • hogans71hogans71 Ain't no change in the weather, ain't no changes in me  10704Members Posts: 10,704
    BB28403 wrote:

Did you just 3rd person a post?

Nice

Time to get to know Jack..
    Posted:
    Whole lotta Euro going on in the U.S.
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4

Advertisement
  • ReasonabilityReasonability Mirror work is a good idea.  8539Members Posts: 8,539
    Sorry for being late to the party. Agree with Q on the anchovies. Chum - yes. Pizza - not happening.

They say it's actually the bun that makes or breaks the hot dog. Is it the crust that makes the pizza?

Anyone else known to blot the grease before diving in? Lol - at a certain age the "backfire effect" of foods you love but don't love you back enters into the process.
    Posted:
    A cynic sees the cost of everything
    and the value of nothing.

Sorry for being late to the party. Agree with Q on the anchovies. Chum - yes. Pizza - not happening.

They say it's actually the bun that makes or breaks the hot dog. Is it the crust that makes the pizza?

Anyone else known to blot the grease before diving in? Lol - at a certain age the "backfire effect" of foods you love but don't love you back enters into the process.
    No blotting allowed. Let the grease flow.
    Posted:
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  27409Members Posts: 27,409

I blot the little oil pools in the pepperoni. And, I have a phobia of eating pizza with a winter coat on. Scared that grease will drip down my wrist and into the sleave. That would ruin my day ; )
    Posted:
  • Sanders74Sanders74  276Members Posts: 276
    Pepperoni!
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 9* (love this thing) Hzrdus yellow x flex
    Ping G 15*
    Ping G 19* hybrid
    Vokey SM7 46,50,54,58
    Scotty Cameron Custom shop
    716 AP2's
    Best Ball most recently found. : )
    yall need to lose more AVX!
  • hammy83hammy83  1831Members Posts: 1,831
    Not technically a pizza but my wife makes little personal pizza's on Naan bread. Pesto sauce, adds a bunch of toppings and cooks them at 500F in the oven. They turn out nice and crispy.

Just check last night... Its fahrenheit and my wife of course said... you'd probably know if you use it more often.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Advertisement
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing  3690Members Posts: 3,690
    hammy83 wrote:

Not technically a pizza but my wife makes little personal pizza's on Naan bread. Pesto sauce, adds a bunch of toppings and cooks them at 500 Celsius in the oven. They turn out nice and crispy.

Holy smokes that about 925 F. I think my oven tops out at like 550F.
    Posted:
    hammy83 wrote:

Not technically a pizza but my wife makes little personal pizza's on Naan bread. Pesto sauce, adds a bunch of toppings and cooks them at 500 Celsius in the oven. They turn out nice and crispy.

Holy smokes that about 925 F. I think my oven tops out at like 550F.

Is that a golf club forge you are cooking your pizzas in?
    Posted:
    Yeah, I know of no conventional oven that will go that high unless you turn it on cleaning mode and do something to trick the thermostat.
    Posted:
  • hammy83hammy83  1831Members Posts: 1,831
    LMAO... corrected.
    Posted:
  • putts4bogeyputts4bogey Puppies and Butterflies  1649Members Posts: 1,649
    Current choice is sausage, mushroom, prosciutto and onion.
    Posted:
    What is and What Should Never Be

Advertisement
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  27409Members Posts: 27,409
    Had a pie plain from this place last night. Excellent zza.

http://www.lavillapizza.com/

mal_7263.jpg?crc=124729163

mal_7276.jpg?crc=3905118516
    Posted:
    bscinstnct wrote:
    Had a pie plain from this place last night. Excellent zza.

http://www.lavillapizza.com/

mal_7263.jpg?crc=124729163

mal_7276.jpg?crc=3905118516

That doesn't look plain! Lol

Looks freaking delicious.
    Posted:
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn  2437Members Posts: 2,437
    While I like all pizza, well most, I am a Chicago deep dish guy. Spent a lot of time there, grew up in the southern part of the state, and experimented on recipes so I could always have it. IMHO, it rivals many of the established restaurants with the exception of Burt's..
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Optimus-ParOptimus-Par Transform, and roll putts.  628Members Posts: 628
    Meatball, Onion, Sweet Peppers, Extra Cheese....

Dipped in Blue Cheese dressing while eating.

You'll thank me later.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]~ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye ~[/font]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file