Golf Clash App

Anyone playing this cell phone app? My son showed it to me and it is addicting, very addicting.

Comments

• walpywalpy Members Posts: 357 ClubWRX
    downloading it right now, could help kill some time while traveling
    Callaway 816 DBD 9* w/ Aldila Rogue i/o 60S

Callaway 816 14* w/ Aldila Rogue i/o 70S

Cllaway Steelhead XR 5-wood w/ Tensei CK 55S

Titleist 695MB 3, 5-PW w/ DG S300

Vokey 50.12, 54.10, 58.08

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

Titleist ProV1x
  • hammy83hammy83 Members Posts: 1,831
    careful its addicting. Make sure you google all strategies for every level to remain competitive. Never advance your town hall until everything else is maxed including walls. The most I have spent is $20. Make sure you have at least 4 builder huts going forward. find a good cheap strategy for looting and a good strategy for war attacks.
  • Zaphod2319Zaphod2319 Members Posts: 21
    This is a golf game. Probably made by the people that did Clash of Clans. It is a lot of fun.
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,475 ✭✭
    hammy83 wrote:

careful its addicting. Make sure you google all strategies for every level to remain competitive. Never advance your town hall until everything else is maxed including walls. The most I have spent is $20. Make sure you have at least 4 builder huts going forward. find a good cheap strategy for looting and a good strategy for war attacks.

wrong game

i play. its a lot fun when i need something to do to waste time
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • hammy83hammy83 Members Posts: 1,831

hammy83 wrote:

wrong game

my apologies. I reread
    hammy83 wrote:

hammy83 wrote:

wrong game

my apologies. I reread

haha its no biggie
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    edited Mar 10, 2017 #8
    I'm hooked. I've maxed out my trophies on the first 3 tours, but the entry fee on tour 4 is $3k. I have $10k to play with, so I might play a little more at level 3 before I try that.

Advice: Pay attention to the new club cards and treasure chests every day. When you get a chance to get "the extra mile" driver, move heaven and earth to get it. Mine cost me 50 gems, but it's almost impossible to be competitive without it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Nike MC-02W
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Nike MC-02W ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • fsuspfsusp FloridaMembers Posts: 912 ✭✭
    There are some glitches to this game. I got hosed twice:

1. A guy hit it ob and never got a penalty stroke. Lame.

2. Played closest to the pin after a draw match. I hit it on. He hit it over the green and in the bunker. He won. Closer yes. But, come on. Lame

I played it while traveling in the car. A good time waster. But that's it for me.
    Cobra F9 10.5 turned down to 9.5 w/Atmos Black 6x
    Cobra F8+ w/Rouge Silver extra stiff
    Srixon U45 20* w/Rouge Silver 70 gram stiff.
    Srxion 565 4-7 irons, 765 8-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 4.0s 50 and 54
    Titleist Vokey 58/12 D grind.
    Edel or SGC Norwood or Xenon Kutlass
    I'm having glitches where they are trying to reconnect and all of a sudden my shot gets skipped and I have to shoot again but for one more stroke than I was. It's bullxxxx. Pretty sure it's cheating. Only happens when playing people who hit bad shots them selves and I have a chance to close em out
    I finally got past 400. At tour 5 you start to see a lot less ties.
    Zaphod2319 wrote:
    I finally got past 400. At tour 5 you start to see a lot less ties.

I'm in the mid 300s, tour 4 mostly. Haven't got the courage to go $10k for entry fees.
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Nike MC-02W
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Nike MC-02W ~ Silo Club Carrier
    Currently at 510. Once you get used to how to play the holes with the wind, it gets easier. The nice thing is with $20K wins, upgrading clubs becomes less painful. You also unlock a lot more clubs.

Those of us here should friend each other on FB so we can play each other.

Shoot me a request if you want to.

https://m.facebook.com/dave.mcgovern.923
  • gibbyfangibbyfan Members Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    I just had to post this... I lost two games in a row, sudden death closest to the pin, with holes in one. That is crazy!!!
    I'm having a horrible losing streak right now haha. Just stupid things or really unlucky with shoot outs (like I'll be less than 2 feet or inside 1 and he beats me by like .05 or less feet)
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,243 ✭✭
    edited Mar 29, 2017 #17
    So pissed at myself, was up to about $180k and BLEW it all in a few matches. Lost a $100k match followed by two $30k matches. I now have about $6k left image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> Gone so quickly lol

Worst part is I lost the $100k match on a shoot out where my ball hit the flag and took off about 10 more yards....
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
    Lol, I was up to about $60k. One 30k loss, 2 $10k losses, and I'm back to the 1.6k and 3k matches.

So pissed at myself, was up to about $180k and BLEW it all in a few matches. Lost a $100k match followed by two $30k matches. I now have about $6k left image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> Gone so quickly lol

Worst part is I lost the $100k match on a shoot out where my ball hit the flag and took off about 10 more yards....

haha been there....

had about 65-70 and within a few games went down to 1500..... now back up to 50 though so thats nice
    edited Apr 11, 2017 #20
    Up to 90k, down to 5k, back up to 60k. Finally got to 500 trophies.

Did anyone try the tournament? How did it go?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I did not. the pricing was confusing..... paying 100k to get in then like another 10 for every game? thats a lot of coin haha
    edited Apr 11, 2017 #22
    I did not. the pricing was confusing..... paying 100k to get in then like another 10 for every game? thats a lot of coin haha

Agreed. Every time I get a nice bankroll I go on a 5 game losing streak. Just got to 100k today. I should retire before I lose it all.
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
    I'm trying to get into this.... I wish putting was harder to make ties less common. Seems unfair if one person hits to 8 feet another to 40 and both have putts that are just as easy to roll in.
    4 game losing streak at 30k per game. Went from 160k to 40k in 20 minutes.
  • ImpImp Fueled Members Posts: 5,951 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2017 #25
    fsusp wrote:

2. Played closest to the pin after a draw match. I hit it on. He hit it over the green and in the bunker. He won. Closer yes. But, come on. Lame

The name is "closer to the pin" for a reason. Not "on the green and closer". image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> As long as you don't end up in water, and are closer, you're good. There's been times where the other person ends up in a front portion of a bunker in front of the green, and I'll just aim to the back of the bunker. Takes all the guess work out of it. Another good one is when they get water after going first. Just chip it 10 feet off the tee.

I've had a couple bad beats for the tie breaker. Hitting a pin and flying away, etc...

What I don't like are the choads that while trying to time your release, are pressing all the pop up text buttons and smiles one after another. It's akin to them talking/shouting while you're hitting. Distraction. Wish there was a way to report those users.

One thing I've found also, that's worked for me, is never play a round in the next price level unless you have enough money to cover 2 rounds at that next level. Say you have $10,300. Don't play a $10k game. If you lose, you'll only have $300 to play with. Plan accordingly.

--kC
    Callaway Fusion / RBZ 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD3 52*, 58*, 64*
    Imp wrote:
    fsusp wrote:

The name is "closer to the pin" for a reason. Not "on the green and closer". image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> As long as you don't end up in water, and are closer, you're good. There's been times where the other person ends up in a front portion of a bunker in front of the green, and I'll just aim to the back of the bunker. Takes all the guess work out of it. Another good one is when they get water after going first. Just chip it 10 feet off the tee.

I've had a couple bad beats for the tie breaker. Hitting a pin and flying away, etc...

What I don't like are the choads that while trying to time your release, are pressing all the pop up text buttons and smiles one after another. It's akin to them talking/shouting while you're hitting. Distraction. Wish there was a way to report those users.

One thing I've found also, that's worked for me, is never play a round in the next price level unless you have enough money to cover 2 rounds at that next level. Say you have $10,300. Don't play a $10k game. If you lose, you'll only have $300 to play with. Plan accordingly.

--kC

Agreed about the shot distractors.

Question. Somehow I missed the Easter egg balls being offered. How many were in the pack? They seem to never run out.

I'm at 900 trophies and 400k coins now, and it's really difficult to compete at tour 6 without a titan, kingmaker, or similar ball.
  • MG115MG115 Banned Posts: 104
    edited Jun 27, 2017 #27
    WGT is the way to go
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]WITB[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade - M2 - 9.5 [/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade - M2 - 3w[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Callaway - Apex CF16 - 4i-9i - ProjectX Lz 5.5[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Vokey SM6 - F 46º S 54º[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Nike Engage - 60º[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade Spider Tour "Red" - 32in - 3wraps - loft 4º[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade - TP5X[/font]
  • PigemsPigems Members Posts: 10,884 ✭✭
    Anyone still playing this game? I’ve been playing it a few weeks now and it’s super addicting. I’m up to 1,000,000 coins now but the 100k matches are friggen tough and the coins go quick if you’re losing. What strategy are you guys using for the bigger money games?
    910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
    910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
    910h 20* Hybrid - S400
    712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
    SM5 51*, 55*- S300
    TVD 59* M - S300
    Studio Select NP2
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,243 ✭✭
    I deleted it, got tired of the glitches and BS miracle shots.

Id be in the middle of a high stakes match and "magically" get booted and lose the match.

That said, best strategy is to not play a match until you have at least 5x the amount of coins it cost to play.
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • PigemsPigems Members Posts: 10,884 ✭✭

I deleted it, got tired of the glitches and BS miracle shots.

Id be in the middle of a high stakes match and "magically" get booted and lose the match.

That said, best strategy is to not play a match until you have at least 5x the amount of coins it cost to play.

I usually go for 3x the amount of the match but I agree. I don’t play a match if losing with break me. I’m up to 1198 trophies now, I’m scared to try a 300k match haha. Having the upgraded golf balls for the bigger matches is a big help too I find, they are affected by the wind less and give added power and side spin.
    910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
    910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
    910h 20* Hybrid - S400
    712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
    SM5 51*, 55*- S300
    TVD 59* M - S300
    Studio Select NP2
    I just got tired of what how they set up the game.

Hit it OB with zero penalty.

Hit the line of the fringe/green and its like a concrete curb.

But mostly it was the constant cheats at the high stakes matches booting me so I lost the coins.
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum