Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

1505153555659

Comments

  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    ZBigStick wrote:

    tarrantian wrote:
    DJ continues to tinker - New standard shafted platinum in play this weekend at the RBC Heritage:



    https://www.pgatour....pider-tour.html



    - Ian




    The picture of DJ in the link provided shows the short slant hosel on a Platinum Spider Tour. He is quoted as saying, same putter, different color.




    I'm sorry - what's your point ?

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • ZBigStickZBigStick Practice Perfect Form Members Posts: 5,313 ✭✭
    nsxguy wrote:
    ZBigStick wrote:

    tarrantian wrote:
    DJ continues to tinker - New standard shafted platinum in play this weekend at the RBC Heritage:



    [url="https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2018/04/12/dustin-johnson-new-putter-rbc-heritage-taylormade-spider-tour.html"]https://www.pgatour....pider-tour.html[/url]



    - Ian




    The picture of DJ in the link provided shows the short slant hosel on a Platinum Spider Tour. He is quoted as saying, same putter, different color.




    I'm sorry - what's your point ?




    Clarification.



    tarrantian provided a great link for info on DJs new putter but also mentioned it was standard shafted platinum. The retail platinum finished spider tours come in a double bend and now a L neck. DJs standard has been the short slant neck. So the only variations DJ has been making are sight lines and head color. That was my point.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]M4 9.5˚(10˚) GD TP-6[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]BB Alpha 816 16˚(15˚) Rogue I/O 70
    Apex 20˚ Kuro Kage Black 80
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Z U45 23˚ Steelfiber i95
    Z 745 5-PW Steelfiber i110 cw
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]RTX-4 50˚M, 56˚F (55˚), 60˚F S400 ti[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Spider Tour L-neck Silver
    Pro V1 2017
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TP-5[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Oakley Targetline Prizm Golf Dark[/font]
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    edited Apr 14, 2018 #1564
    ZBigStick wrote:

    nsxguy wrote:
    ZBigStick wrote:

    tarrantian wrote:
    DJ continues to tinker - New standard shafted platinum in play this weekend at the RBC Heritage:



    https://www.pgatour....pider-tour.html



    - Ian




    The picture of DJ in the link provided shows the short slant hosel on a Platinum Spider Tour. He is quoted as saying, same putter, different color.




    I'm sorry - what's your point ?




    Clarification.



    tarrantian provided a great link for info on DJs new putter but also mentioned it was standard shafted platinum. The retail platinum finished spider tours come in a double bend and now a L neck. DJs standard has been the short slant neck. So the only variations DJ has been making are sight lines and head color. That was my point.




    Ahhhhhh,,,,,,,,,, clarification of the linked article,,,,,,, Thanks image/hi.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hi:' />

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • tarrantiantarrantian Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Sorry, by 'standard', I meant DJ's 'standard' which is the slant neck...



    To be clear, it was not the 'platinum' model in anyway, it was his 'black' model painted silver, or platinum depending on your perspective. Not sure why he went with this, but as of the 3rd round he was 'back in black'... image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />



    His tinkering so much, I wouldn't be surprised if he moves away from the 'Spider' in the coming weeks...



    As Ror's said, at the end of the day it's 98% the guy behind the putter, but DJ is searching as we all do at times.



    Cheers,



    - Ian
    Taylormade M3 460 Driver 9.5D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 S) (9.5D)
    Taylormade M3 3HL Metal 17.0D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK White 60 S) (17.0D)
    Taylormade M3 3 Hybrid Metal 19.0D (Kuro Kage Silver Series Hybrid 80 S) (19.0D)
    Taylormade P790 Forged Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115 W) (50D STD 9.0/54D STD 10.0/58D ATV 12.0)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Evnroll ER1.2 TourBlade (34.25"/385G) Golf Pride Tour Classic Midsize Putter Grip
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag (Black/Red) Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    Taylormade TP5X Golf Ball
    SkyCaddie SX500 GPS Bushnell ProX2 Laser Rangefinder
  • cuprogolfcuprogolf Members Posts: 51
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #1566
    I was fitted, bought, and love my Tour Platinum. I remain absolutely convinced that the insert is made of alloy, going as far as tapping on my teeth, and not surlyn, unless surlyn is a metal




    Hi, do you have issues with the paint? When did you buy your putter?

    My new platinum arrived yesterday. First impressions: it feels great with the SS 2.0 and I start to get used to the "Mickeymouse"-color ;-).



    Do you happen to know if the putter is counterbalanced? Or is it just a cap on the grip?
    Callaway GBB Epic 10,5° - Aldila rogue Max 65.
    Callaway GBB Epic - FW 3 - 15° Hzrdus.
    Callaway Big Bertha Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM KBS Recoil
    Mizuno MP T5 - 50° - 54° - 58°
    Putter Taylormade Spider tour
    Chrome Soft
  • BankerBanker Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #1567
    The custom grips are a bit basic. I’m leaning towards the black sightline dual bend and add my own SS countercore to counterbalance it with some heavier weights off ebay. 10gr or 12gr. I’m guessing I could probably pick them up around here on the WTB.....



    I’m also wondering if I should order it .5 upright at 36” to compensate for the extra length? I’ll grip down an inch or two.



    Kind of surprised that the TM marketing machine hasn’t pumped this out as a custom option yet...... seems like a no brainer that the spider would rock it as a CB putter. At least my yips hope so....
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    M1 10.5*
    RBZ Stage 2 14*
    Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Ping I25 3-UW
    Ping Tour S 54* & 60*
    Piretti CW II
  • MathwizMathwiz Members Posts: 986 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #1568
    I see that Taylormade has come out with a tour red in a center shaft version. Just my luck. I have been anxiously awaiting for a center shaft version since they originally were introduced. I am a lefty. Does anyone know if they plan to make a left-handed version of the center shaft red spider tour?
    Ping G400 Max 10.5°
    Taylormade 2017 M2 15°
    Srixon U65 20° 3 iron
    Srixon z565 4 thru PW
    48° & 52° Cleveland CBX wedges
    Cleveland Smart sole wedge 58°
    Ping Sigma 2 Kushin  center shaft

    All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.
  • KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,870 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #1569
    I want to try a mallet type (spider specifically) but I feel clueless as I’ve used a blade so long and don’t want to just give up being out of my comfort zone. Just always wonder how different stroke is as I’m used to leaning my blade a little forward...don’t know if that’s even a factor with spider, among a few other questions.....maybe I’ll take a lesson with a demo just to see how to properly set-up, and look at the varieties as I’ve heard there are both for swings with arch, and straight back straight through. So I really need to figure those things out before finding if beneficial to me, but appreciate post as I didn’t know the amount of varieties of spider alone.



    That was my other question with this specific putter; or group there of....I’ve seen many with paint chipping off, of course I’d be using a headcover, but have they improved paint? Just seen many with chips that have been cared for, and older white ones that just look horrible. So what is opinion on durability? Just curious....
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

  • justincredible04justincredible04 Justincase1004 Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    My question was never answered but I did talk to a Taylormade CS. The L neck red and platinum are the same insert just different color. It’s almost like they’re purposely not making a spider tour black I want lol
  • justincredible04justincredible04 Justincase1004 Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    KCCO wrote:
    I want to try a mallet type (spider specifically) but I feel clueless as I’ve used a blade so long and don’t want to just give up being out of my comfort zone. Just always wonder how different stroke is as I’m used to leaning my blade a little forward...don’t know if that’s even a factor with spider, among a few other questions.....maybe I’ll take a lesson with a demo just to see how to properly set-up, and look at the varieties as I’ve heard there are both for swings with arch, and straight back straight through. So I really need to figure those things out before finding if beneficial to me, but appreciate post as I didn’t know the amount of varieties of spider alone.



    That was my other question with this specific putter; or group there of....I’ve seen many with paint chipping off, of course I’d be using a headcover, but have they improved paint? Just seen many with chips that have been cared for, and older white ones that just look horrible. So what is opinion on durability? Just curious....




    They make an L neck plumbers neck version. The slant neck is similar to a blade. I came from a blade. If you’re going slant neck you might need it a little longer than you normally play. I found this out the hard way
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    I am soooooooo confused.



    I bought a DJ model about 4 months or so ago. Putted reasonably well with it and then went to SE Asia for a couple of months. Took it with me and had all sorts of trouble reaching the hole. Add to that the ball seemed to be bouncing around a lot on me. So I totally stopped using it



    Thinking back on it the days that happened were on slower and grainier type greens.



    Just yesterday, now back home in SoFla I took it out for no particular reason and started making everything. The ball was rolling out really nicely and I was making a LOT of putts - si it's back in my good graces.



    I found an Itsy Bitsy in the store yesterday - looked exactly like the current DJ model and it looked brand new as well) but it had 2 10 gram weights in it (mine only had 2 2 gram weights) so it had a noticeably heavier feel to it. I putted with it for a while and had a tough time reaching the hole (on a really fast store putting green).



    Would I be swinging the heavier weight putter with that much less (unintentionally of course) effort because it was heavier and thereby not reaching the hole ??? image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />



    Anyway, with yesterday's success, instead of leaving it in the trunk of my car I'm going to work with it more (again) and who knows, maybe it was a "one (or 2 LOL) off" thing in SE Asia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • Lancj1Lancj1 Members Posts: 884 ✭✭
    cuprogolf wrote:

    I was fitted, bought, and love my Tour Platinum. I remain absolutely convinced that the insert is made of alloy, going as far as tapping on my teeth, and not surlyn, unless surlyn is a metal




    Hi, do you have issues with the paint? When did you buy your putter?

    My new platinum arrived yesterday. First impressions: it feels great with the SS 2.0 and I start to get used to the "Mickeymouse"-color ;-).



    Do you happen to know if the putter is counterbalanced? Or is it just a cap on the grip?




    You have my putter - I was fitted for the Platinum. Its just the grip no weight. Its a great putter. Tell me, have a look at the insert, what do you think its made of ? I am convinced its alloy not surlyn.
    G Max Driver, Tour 65 Stiff
    G400 3 & 5 Woods Alta CB Reg
    G400 2,3,4,5 Hybrids Alta CB Reg
    G410 Irons, 6-U, Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Glide Stealth 54 (SS) & 58 (WS) Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Ping Sigma 2 Valor, Stealth

    Disclaimer*

    I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    Lancj1 wrote:

    cuprogolf wrote:

    I was fitted, bought, and love my Tour Platinum. I remain absolutely convinced that the insert is made of alloy, going as far as tapping on my teeth, and not surlyn, unless surlyn is a metal




    Hi, do you have issues with the paint? When did you buy your putter?

    My new platinum arrived yesterday. First impressions: it feels great with the SS 2.0 and I start to get used to the "Mickeymouse"-color ;-).



    Do you happen to know if the putter is counterbalanced? Or is it just a cap on the grip?




    You have my putter - I was fitted for the Platinum. Its just the grip no weight. Its a great putter. Tell me, have a look at the insert, what do you think its made of ? I am convinced its alloy not surlyn.




    It does have sort of a metallic sheen on it, doesn't it ?



    TM really screwed up though. The made the EXACT same putter this year but with the DJ(?) face instead of the previous Platinum face.



    Pretty hard to tell the difference unless you hold them up next to each other.

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Members Posts: 4,790 ✭✭
    nsxguy wrote:


    I am soooooooo confused.



    I bought a DJ model about 4 months or so ago. Putted reasonably well with it and then went to SE Asia for a couple of months. Took it with me and had all sorts of trouble reaching the hole. Add to that the ball seemed to be bouncing around a lot on me. So I totally stopped using it



    Thinking back on it the days that happened were on slower and grainier type greens.



    Just yesterday, now back home in SoFla I took it out for no particular reason and started making everything. The ball was rolling out really nicely and I was making a LOT of putts - si it's back in my good graces.



    I found an Itsy Bitsy in the store yesterday - looked exactly like the current DJ model and it looked brand new as well) but it had 2 10 gram weights in it (mine only had 2 2 gram weights) so it had a noticeably heavier feel to it. I putted with it for a while and had a tough time reaching the hole (on a really fast store putting green).



    Would I be swinging the heavier weight putter with that much less (unintentionally of course) effort because it was heavier and thereby not reaching the hole ??? image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />



    Anyway, with yesterday's success, instead of leaving it in the trunk of my car I'm going to work with it more (again) and who knows, maybe it was a "one (or 2 LOL) off" thing in SE Asia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


    My story is about like yours. Bought mine used at 33” with 6 gram weights. I like a heavy Spider so I put in 16 gram weights. Played the other day and could NOT hit it hard enough with that heavy swingweight.



    Came home and put the 6 grams back in and feels better in my grarage putting mat. I will take it back out this week and see how the lighter swingweight works.



    I think the heavy SW just threw it all off for me.
    TM M6 10.5 GD AD DI Black 6
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM M3 4 Iron Atmos
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    TM MY Spider Tour Black
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Members Posts: 554 ✭✭
    I have forsaken my Spider and bought a Futura 5.5M.............
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club Member
  • ryant0220ryant0220 Members Posts: 170
    Finally got around to order the cs spider. I’ve used the ghost cs for years. Looking forward to the new version with a smaller footprint. Can’t wait to put it in play ASAP
  • DHarryDHarry Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    I hope I am proved wrong here but I am pessimistic. Am I right in saying that the Spider Tour Black is not available in a double bend shaft with no sight line?



    Thanks,



    Harry
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    OK, so I "chatted" online with Taylormade and asked about the Itsy Bitsy Spider and asked about whether they are still making them. Got a "No" and I "hung up".



    But the Itsy Bitsy I saw again today was CLEARLY almost brand new (still had the length sticker on its grip). Not a mark on it. Red, faced balanced like the Tour Platinum (and now others), red with a white alignment line on top. It also had what appeared to be (and felt like as well) the metallic face of the Tour Platinum.



    The old Itsy Bitsy was what ? About 8 or 9 years ago ? And it had a red metal insert with a black "frame".



    So what's the deal with this ? Limited Edition (I think it actually said that on the soleplate) ? Seems identical to the Tour Platinum except for the sole plate.

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 478 ✭✭
    Bump, tell me more. Who's still loving this? I think im finally ready to join the party
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,778 ✭✭
    Still loving mine. Longest I have had the same putter in the bag.



    Really putting well with it
    Taylormade M6 9.0 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Taylormade M5 rocket 14* Tensei Pro orange 80tx 
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭
    Yep... aftermarket oversize Winn grip + claw grip = money.
    Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • justincredible04justincredible04 Justincase1004 Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    Still using it. Played some heavy weights in it. Changed back to the original weights. Feeling a little better. Started getting a SBST path and realized that I still needed to release this thing. Got lazy over the season
  • PVSalukiPVSaluki Members Posts: 269
    Can anyone tell me the difference other than look between the slant neck and double bend?
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX Posts: 5,445 ClubWRX
    PVSaluki wrote:


    Can anyone tell me the difference other than look between the slant neck and double bend?




    Double bend is face balanced. Slant neck has some toe hang.
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

    -Hawkeye77

    Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016


    Titleist TS2 9.5* EvenFlow White T1100 6.5 65g
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Irons Under Construction
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

    ig-badge-48.png
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    And the newer "L" neck (plumber's neck) is somewhere between the 2 (vis-a-vis toe hang).

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX
    edited May 29, 2018 #1587
    TaylorMade just rolled out the "MySpider" Program that allows you to choose your hosel, insert, sight line, color, paint, etc.



    https://www.taylormadegolf.com/myspider-putter.html?icid=hp-main-MySpider-Learn



    mySpider_studio.jpg
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018 #1588
    cvhookem63 wrote:


    TaylorMade just rolled out the "MySpider" Program that allows you to choose your hosel, insert, sight line, color, paint, etc.



    https://www.taylorma...-MySpider-Learn




    And only $60 + tax and shipping. Not bad for a total custom.



    I was thinking of getting one. Hmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,





    Funny(?) aside. Just the other day I was at the golf shop and I asked the following of the fitter there.



    "On a scale from "psycho" to "normal", how would you classify this ? I love the red of the Odyssey 7 and the TM Spiders but I play a yellow ball (actually yellow and black Truvis but I'm looking at the Titleist Tour Soft). How weird is it that I'm not sure I would like putting a yellow ball against the red head of the putter ?"



    His answer was "closer to psycho". LOL



    Now I have to look at purple/yellow (actually not bad). Blue and yellow ? I know, I know - first world problems. LMAO

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • justincredible04justincredible04 Justincase1004 Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    cvhookem63 wrote:
    TaylorMade just rolled out the "MySpider" Program that allows you to choose your hosel, insert, sight line, color, paint, etc.



    https://www.taylormadegolf.com/myspider-putter.html?icid=hp-main-MySpider-Learn



    mySpider_studio.jpg




    Anyone know the insert in the myspider? I switched from a spider tour black to a 5.5M because I couldn’t get the ball to the hole and the black is supposed to be the firmest insert.
  • blindwillieblindwillie Members Posts: 662 ✭✭

    cvhookem63 wrote:
    TaylorMade just rolled out the "MySpider" Program that allows you to choose your hosel, insert, sight line, color, paint, etc.



    https://www.taylorma...-MySpider-Learn



    mySpider_studio.jpg




    Anyone know the insert in the myspider? I switched from a spider tour black to a 5.5M because I couldn’t get the ball to the hole and the black is supposed to be the firmest insert.




    I think the insert is the same as the Spider Red, but you can change the color. I was hoping they came with the firmer insert. Please correct me if Im wrong. Been trying to find a red one with the platinum insert
  • DNice26DNice26 Members Posts: 4,144 ✭✭
    Apparently the myspider insert is the softer version.



    I too prefer the harder insert, so passing on the myspider.
    Ping G400 Max 9, Aldila Black 7X
    TaylorMade M3 3HL, Tensai Blue 7X
    Callaway Apex 20, KK 8X
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
    Ping Tyne, 35"

    https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/
Sign In or Register to comment.