We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

If you have hit a hole in one - what was the shot like

123457»

Comments

• ReasonabilityReasonability Mirror work is a good idea.  8539Members Posts: 8,539
    I keep waking up just as it falls over the lip.

So I dunno. Just know it's happened hundreds of times. image/lazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lazy2:' />
    Posted:
    A cynic sees the cost of everything
    and the value of nothing.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • AreJohnAreJohn  73Members Posts: 73

sopel10 wrote:

Got off of work at 5. Course across the street. Pro let me go off the back since the front was full. 10th hole, par 3 over water 152 yards front pin. Normally a 9 iron but my first hole so I thought easy 8....it maybe flew 145 and I lost sight of it since I was hitting it straight into the sun. I get to the green and it's in the cup.

I was playing solo. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    Hitting a hole in one while I'm playing solo is literally one of my worst fears as a golfer.

Both of my aces were solo. 168 yard 8 iron one hop, 134 yard PW, into the hill behind and left of the hole and backed up into it.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 10.5
    Srixon ZU85 18
    Titleist 818 H2 21
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-AW
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54, 60
    Ping Sigma 2 Fetch
  • JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree. PA 401Members Posts: 401
    I haven't but my then 16 yo son has.

Uphill Par 3. 170 yds. 6i.

His tee shot landed on the right side of the green and hopped towards the flag before we lost sight of it. When we drove up to the green, we could not find his ball. I asked him to look in the hole. It was there.

He was pretty mellow about it. Me? I was yelling at the top of my lungs that he had hit a hole-in-one. My then 13 yo son was 50 yards short of the green in a swamp having his own issues, and when he heard the news, he looked up at us and said "Blah!". Classic.
    Posted:
  • bok006bok006 Sundazed marooned duffer  81Members Posts: 81
    Today, 151 yds, 9 iron. Ball landed 5 feet short of the hole and rolled straight in for my first HI1 after playing the game for 24 years.

Conveniently the beer cart pulled up on the next hole.....
    Posted:
    D - Mizuno JPX900 9,5°, Fujikura EVO II Speeder 569
    F - Mizuno JPX900 13° & 16°, Fujikura EVO II Speeder 661
    H - Mizuno JPX900 21°, Fujikura pro 73h
    I - Mizuno MP-54, 5-PW, KBS tour S
    W - Mizuno MP-T5, 50° 56° 62°, KBS tour S
    P - PING Karsten TR Anser 5
    B - Wilson/Staff DUO U
  • GSDriverGSDriver  722Members Posts: 722
    First one, I actually called and executed a 132 yard slight cut 9 iron landed a foot past the hole and spun back and in.

Second one, a well struck 2 hybrid into a 20 mph wind, one hop, rolled hit pin and fell.

Third one, uphill par 3, well struck nine iron ball mark a foot left and about 4 feet past hole. Best part was my Son was playing with us and as we waited for green to clear we were discussing having had or seen a hole in one. When I hit it I knew was going to be close.

Few other really close calls, no 'get lucky' or 'slop' shots (yet).
    Posted:
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey EXO Stroke Lab 7 Mini
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • phil75070phil75070 North Texas - 32m North of Dallas 1899Members Posts: 1,899
    Tuesday I had my 6th HIO. The hole was playing slightly uphill into the breeze and I hit a choked up 9I that hit just below and left of the pin, took the contour and dropped softly into the hole. I actually saw this one go in the hole for a change.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Shester24Shester24  88Members Posts: 88
    Yesterday played with my father and my friend who I refer business to and my soon to be wife was watching me play too. 208 yard par 3. Hit 3 hybrid and it landed 5 yards short of the green but rolled up onto the green and then rolled into the cup! group behind me saw it too and the car girl was right there and witnessed too. Spent a lot of money on shots for everyone that saw... totally worth it and so glad my future wife and dad saw my first hole in one.
    Posted:
  • KARL MKARL M  676Members Posts: 676
    Very Anticlimatic.

Gap wedge slam dunk. No suspense of watching it roll in.
    Posted:

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red tie 6Q3 stiff
    917 F2 Fairway set at 18* Speeder TS mod 74 stiff
    Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
    Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
    Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
    Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Kangaroo-hillcrest AB

• bjornarnesonbjornarneson  27Members Posts: 27
    7-iron from 175 yds into the bottom of the cup on the fly!
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 983E driver[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead 3W[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 962 DCI 3-LW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Anser 3 MgBr putter[/font]
  • EKELLYEKELLY  2594Members Posts: 2,594
    Just had another one a month ago, flushed it......
    Posted:
  • golfinchefgolfinchef  15Members Posts: 15
    My first and only hole in one came on my birthday in 2016. I drove up to visit my mom who had recently moved to The Villages in Florida. I decided to go out and play 9 holes and got paired with a group of 3 older gentlemen. 136 yard par 3. Hit a pitching wedge a little on the thin side and thought I flew the green. I bent down to pick up my tee in disgust and didn’t follow the ball. I looked to the green to see the group in front of us jumping around. I thought for sure that I almost hit one of them. As I drive up to the green I see the group ahead standing on the fringe all pointing at the hole. Somehow my “thin” pitching wedge landed a foot behind the hole and went in. Sadly I didn’t take a picture but did get a certificate from the country club and my name in the paper.

Like many of you have posted my next tee shot was a quick duck hook into the water that didn’t even make it 100 yards. I went bogey, ace, double, double to finish my round. I still have the ball up at my moms house and the certificate is somewhere in a drawer.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Zz24hoursZz24hours  117Members Posts: 117
    About 140 yards downhill to pin, 120 something to carry hazard. Pitching wedge just carrried and roller after af few bounces.

Green is surrounded by trees, so we couldnt be sure in the shadows, but we heard the stick hit. Up until 30 short of the green, I was sure we would see it behind the stick in the shadows

Didnt happen image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It was in a tournament and my group had played a bad round overall, it was the 17th hole and it lifted the spirits much! ... the club sponsored whisky for the tournament image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Played 18th like s***! 😁
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.