We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

RDD Q&A on Everything Golf

Comments

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25134ClubWRX Posts: 25,134
    Let's get to the really important questions. Is Lauren Thompson as attractive in person as she appears on the tube? Any chance she has a thing for old, balding, sucky golfers?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Cool Hand LukeCool Hand Luke  447Members Posts: 447
    who's the most underrated player on tour right now? most overrated?
    Posted:
    M2 10.5 Tour; ATMOS Black Tour
    i25 3W; PWR75
    913h; Diamana Blue
    714 CB 3-P; KBS Tour
    sm6 52F, 58M; KBS Wedge S
    scotty del mar
    TP5x
  • RDDRDD  260Charter Members Posts: 260
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Let's get to the really important questions. Is Lauren Thompson as attractive in person as she appears on the tube? Any chance she has a thing for old, balding, sucky golfers?
    You're gonna call BS, but she's prettier in person. I wonder if she likes old hairy sucky golfers!
    Posted:
    the internets say you never played in the Masters... but you won the Nelson in 01 right? what gives?
    Posted:
    i25 3W; PWR75
    913h; Diamana Blue
    714 CB 3-P; KBS Tour
    scotty del mar
    TP5x

who's the most underrated player on tour right now? most overrated?
    Isn't Poulter still most overrated?? Underrated in the US at least has to be A Noren or T Hatton
    Posted:

the internets say you never played in the Masters... but you won the Nelson in 01 right? what gives?
    The rule about winners getting an exemption at Augusta was changed that year, then reinstated a couple years later. Oh well...it doesn't bother me one bit
    Posted:

Advertisement
    RDD wrote:

The rule about winners getting an exemption at Augusta was changed that year, then reinstated a couple years later. Oh well...it doesn't bother me one bit

i didn't realize that rule didn't exist then, bummer

ever get to play ANGC though? if so, any good stories to share?
    Posted:
    i25 3W; PWR75
    913h; Diamana Blue
    714 CB 3-P; KBS Tour
    scotty del mar
    TP5x
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25134ClubWRX Posts: 25,134
    RDD wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

You're gonna call BS, but she's prettier in person. I wonder if she likes old hairy sucky golfers!

Actually, I totally believe it as she also seems like a fun young lady. Feel free to ask her the other question. Thank you Sir!
    Posted:

RDD wrote:

i didn't realize that rule didn't exist then, bummer

ever get to play ANGC though? if so, any good stories to share?
    Never been on the property. Seems stuffy though
    Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 18943ClubWRX Posts: 18,943
    DavePelz4 wrote:

RDD wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Actually, I totally believe it as she also seems like a fun young lady. Feel free to ask her the other question. Thank you Sir!

LOL, not even the news she's having a baby which should dash all hopes doesn't faze you guys - men everywhere should be proud!!!!!

And I'm not being sarcastic - just still stinging from the reprimand I received over the weekend from my wife when commenting on how nice LT looked and her rosy glow (or my way of saying those things, which may have been the issue),
    Posted:
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster  6692Members Posts: 6,692
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

RDD wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

LOL, not even the news she's having a baby which should dash all hopes doesn't faze you guys - men everywhere should be proud!!!!!

And I'm not being sarcastic - just still stinging from the reprimand I received over the weekend from my wife when commenting on how nice LT looked and her rosy glow (or my way of saying those things, which may have been the issue),

Maybe you said "rosy glows" pluralizing it?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ShilgyShilgy Phoenix 11949Members Posts: 11,949
    RDD wrote:

1) We always hear that what separates pros from the best amateurs is 100 yards and in. Is that really the case?

2) Funniest golfer you've ever played with?

3) Did the Golf Channel sign a contract with Warner Bros. stipulating they need to play Tin Cup a certain amount of times each year?
    1) No. Guts and will power separate top pros. Driving it 330 in the middle of the fairway helps too.

2) Greg Kraft if hands down funniest tour player ever. He works blue though!

3) No idea about how many times GC plays Tin Cup, but it has one of the worst endings in cinematic history..
    Why, because the pin position on 18 was worse than the 18th at Olympic in 1998? Did you play that US Open? How bad was that pin position?
    Posted:
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
    1) How much dislike is there from players with fans having the ability to call in rules infractions?

2) When we hear the Lerner nose whistle during the broadcast, is there a hotline we can call to have them move is mic?
    Posted:
    Shilgy wrote:

RDD wrote:

1) We always hear that what separates pros from the best amateurs is 100 yards and in. Is that really the case?

3) Did the Golf Channel sign a contract with Warner Bros. stipulating they need to play Tin Cup a certain amount of times each year?
    1) No. Guts and will power separate top pros. Driving it 330 in the middle of the fairway helps too.

3) No idea about how many times GC plays Tin Cup, but it has one of the worst endings in cinematic history..
    Why, because the pin position on 18 was worse than the 18th at Olympic in 1998? Did you play that US Open? How bad was that pin position?
    I did not, I hated that he kept hitting from the same spot to prove a point.
    Posted:

1) How much dislike is there from players with fans having the ability to call in rules infractions?

2) When we hear the Lerner nose whistle during the broadcast, is there a hotline we can call to have them move is mic?
    Rarely, if ever is it even brought up.

I'll get his cell number to you. You can discuss his nostrils.
    Posted:
  • vino9vino9 Don't 3 Putt  27Members Posts: 27
    Tom Coyne wrote an excellent book, "The Paper Tiger." Its about his pursuit of going from a 5 handicap to the PGA Tour. Obviously he doesn't make it. But along the way he runs into a drunken caddie prior to a Latin American Q School event. He explains his quest to the caddie. At the time he was a +.05. The caddy laughs and explains to Tom, "Scratch ain't Shi**." The caddie goes onto to tell him, "I'm sorry but you simply cannot play." It's a great book/story. But is it true that a 15 handicap is closer to a Scratch golfer in skill level than a scratch golfer is a to a tour player?

Thank you so much for doing this. What a cool way to connect with golf fans!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ShilgyShilgy Phoenix 11949Members Posts: 11,949
    RDD wrote:

Shilgy wrote:

RDD wrote:

I did not, I hated that he kept hitting from the same spot to prove a point.
    Yeah, that was dumb as well but on the one shot in the sequence he hit it to a couple feet and the ball paused and then rolled back down into the water. No matter if you laid up or not either the next shot or a putt from the green would have gone into the water.
    Posted:
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
    vino9 wrote:

Tom Coyne wrote an excellent book, "The Paper Tiger." Its about his pursuit of going from a 5 handicap to the PGA Tour. Obviously he doesn't make it. But along the way he runs into a drunken caddie prior to a Latin American Q School event. He explains his quest to the caddie. At the time he was a +.05. The caddy laughs and explains to Tom, "Scratch ain't Shi**." The caddie goes onto to tell him, "I'm sorry but you simply cannot play." It's a great book/story. But is it true that a 15 handicap is closer to a Scratch golfer in skill level than a scratch golfer is a to a tour player?

Thank you so much for doing this. What a cool way to connect with golf fans!
    I'd say Dustin Johnson could give a scratch golfer 12 shots at a US Open setup course and I'd take DJ 9/10 times. An easier course maybe 6/10.

Thanks.
    Posted:
    1) Your best performance over four rounds in your career?

2) Best performance over four round by anybody?
    Posted:
  • vino9vino9 Don't 3 Putt  27Members Posts: 27

I'll Take this one Robert...

1. 2001 Byron Nelson

2. Tiger Woods 2000 US Open

LOL
    Posted:
    vino9 wrote:

I'll Take this one Robert...

1. 2001 Byron Nelson

2. Tiger Woods 2000 US Open

LOL
    Pretty good guess! Tiger in 2000 is unquestionable.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Sun DevilSun Devil  1379Members Posts: 1,379
    Again, thank you for being a part of this site.

How has Sam Saunders coped with AP's passing? Seems like those two were very close.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D2 Diamana Stiff
    M2 HL 3wood
    Ping G25 hybrid TourAd UT-85s
    Callaway Apex CF16 Irons with Aerotech Steel Fiber I95 Stiff; Soft Stepped; +1/2"; flat 1 degree
    Cleveland Wedges 50,56,60 with Nippon N.S.Pro 1050GH S
    Ping Sigma G Tyne Putter
    ProV1
    So here's another on that seems to be popular on this site. Do you think a male 4 handicap can beat a mid level LPGA player?

We all know the answer but it would be great to have a professional opinion!
    Posted:
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under  2781Members Posts: 2,781
    Blades or cavity backs? Why?
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool 15869ClubWRX Posts: 15,869
    Welcome to the board Bro!!

Thanks much for taking the time to respond!

The Very Best to You👊

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️

RP
    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • 1puttAU1puttAU Columbus, GA 140Members Posts: 140
    Did/do you and other pros get tired of fans yelling "Get in the hole" or things of similar nature?
    Posted:
    King Cobra F9 9.0° w/ Fujikura Atmos 6S
    Titleist 985H 17° w/ Proforce V2 104g
    Titleist 716 AP2 3-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g
    Titleist SM5 50°/12° F Grind, 54°/10° S Grind, & 58°/8° M Grind
    All of the above with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Standard Grips
    Scotty Cameron Futura 33" w/ Super Stroke Flatso 1.0 USA Edition

Advertisement
  • DukeOfChinoHillsDukeOfChinoHills Orange County, CA 334Members Posts: 334
    How often do PGA pros notice the hotties in the gallery?
    Posted:
    "You're still away."
    917D2 - DiamanaD+ 70S
    917F2 - DiamanaD+ 80S
    818H1 - Tensei Blue 80S
    716 AP2 (4-PW) - DG300S
    Vokey 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.12K (All Grips are Winn Dri-Tac Grey)
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid-Slant 35" w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 18943ClubWRX Posts: 18,943

Hawkeye77 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

RDD wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Maybe you said "rosy glows" pluralizing it?

More like how her cute little belly button was sticking out and how she had grown a little in certain areas - all valid scientific observations.
    Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PA 3828Members Posts: 3,828
    RDD wrote:

grm24 wrote:

RDD wrote:

Close friends and family always come first in life.

Why do you think that Justin Thomas, who's going to a wedding of one of his good friends, that was scheduled many months before Arnold Palmer's passing, should shun his friend to participate in the tournament at Bay Hill instead? I'm having a very hard time coming up with logical reasoning for your stance on this.
    You're right. Close friends and family are the most important thing in your life next to good health.

That being said, only 10 of 25 players are coming to this year's API. Very few top players went to his funeral. That is awfully disrespectful to his legacy and his family.

I am fine with JT going to the wedding, but hopefully he makes a personal call to Mr Palmer's family to explain.

When I sent the original tweet, I was a sitting at Mr Palmer's old table in the Bay Hill locker room and had a couple beers in me. I wouldn't do it if I had it to do over.
    Thoughts on Gary Player not attending Mr. Palmers funeral and paying his final respects to his life long friend? To me that is light years more disrespectful than certain players of today not attending his funeral or playing his event this year.
    Word was that Gary Player couldn't get visa in time to get there from South Africa. That's totally understandable.
    I'm not buying that explanation. It's highly likely that Players B2 (business) USA visa if for multiple years (can be valid for 10 years) and multiple visits for up to 6 months at a time. Given Players business interests in the USA that could require him to be here at various times I doubt his USA visitors visa has ever expired. That's the last I'll say on it. Thank you for taking the time to answer questions in this thread.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tigers9irontigers9iron  569Members Posts: 569
    Robert what do you make of this statement from Tiger?

"Unfortunately, due to ongoing rest and rehabilitation on my back, I won't be able to play in this year's Arnold Palmer Invitational," Woods said. "I'm especially disappointed because I wanted to be at Bay Hill to help honor Arnold. This is one event I didn't want to skip. Arnold has meant so much to me and my family; I thought of him as a close friend, and Sam and Charlie were both born in the Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies. He will be greatly missed and can never truly be replaced."
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.