Cobra King LTD Pro: It's Like Throwing Darts

jmorrow020

Hey Everyone,

It's been about a month-ish now with my new Cobra King LTD Pro Driver. If you are simply looking for an opinion and don't want to read the rest, here it is.

Go test this drive immediately. Like right now. Get of of WRX and go get this driver. It is incredibly worth it.

Here it goes:

Head: King Cobra LTD Pro || Shaft: Kuro Kage Dual Core 70TX || Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred 2016

About Me:

My driver, as many of you, is my most struggling club in my bag at the moment. I can hit every driver on the market pretty much the same within margin, until I hit this Cobra. Previously I was hitting a Tour Issue Taylormade M1 2016 with a Tensei Orange v3 Shaft. I got great numbers with that driver, but failed to be anywhere remotely near consistent. My swing speed on a normal golf course swing is in the high 110s, and when I really crank it, I get it up to mid 120s. Ball speeds tend to fall into the mid to high 170s. Currently I hit a little pull fade, but am working on fixing my swing path to get back to the draw that I used to have, as for me personally (maybe not for most of you) the draw gives me more consistency. I have a slight pause at the top of my back swing, and my tempo is similar to Jason Day.

Looks:

I love the look from the top of the head. It has a faint checkerboard pattern that you can see in the light. For me this is a much better look than what I was seeing behind the ball with my 2016 Taylormade M1. The orange cobra is a little odd, and is just kind of chilling there doing nothing, but its so small that it really doesnt make any difference to how I see the club. I've put down every driver down behind a ball that is currently on the market, and with my shaft combination, the shaft bleed straight into the Cobra, and it looks fantastic. The loft view window is cool, and keeps clutter off of the adapter, which is a little bit OCD but I like the shaft seamlessly going into the head. The bottom is cool with the spaceport and I like that the face looks so relaxed. Something about having so much free space with no grooves really gets to me. I like it. I put an unfair advantage into the looks column for any club that I purchase, definitely more so than I should, but it's my club, and I like when it looks nice ;) Ugly head cover though. I hate the zipper, it's a pain in the butt to take off the club every time and put back on, and for me the headcovers are cool additions that I like to have in the bag, and this one just needs to go. Will soon be replaced with a Caddy Shack Gopher.

Sound and Feel:

I HATED the sound of my Taylormade M1. To my ears the M1 sounds like it is cracking in half every time I swing it. Hated it. Hated hitting it. And it killed my joy for hitting a driver before I even swung the club on every tee box. Which is unfair to the club, but again. My driver, my review :D The Cobra on the other hand was a VERY WELCOME change. I wouldn't say that it's a muted sound, but its definitely more of a softer sound. I can tell instantly when I hit my driver badly now, where I wasn't getting that physical or audible feedback from the TM. The Cobra sounds and feels like I am controlling the ball, and for my ears just instills confidence in my swing. Not to mention the shot pattern it produces. The feel off the club really lends itself to wanting to hit the driver over and over again, and if I was swinging with my eyes closed it would be no harder to realize when I had made a good swing.

Shot Pattern and Dispersion:

Hit one ball, mark where that ball lands, and then hit 10 more balls however the hell you want to swing, and if you draw a circle you will get the best dispersion group you have seen. Or at least I did. And so did 5 of my friends that tried it out as well. It didn't matter if they were a draw, fade, cut, straight ball kind of person. The club was consistent. Across the face, up and down on the face, it was just pure consistency. Even on terrible swings where we clearly didnt have the best strike, the ball seems to take off in the misdirection, and then relaxes in mid air so it doesnt flare on you and leave you hanging out to dry on the road 50 yds away from the fairway. It's almost as if the driver could take, it's saying "Oooo bro that was a bad hit, but you know what you're a nice guy so instead of going through the windsheild of that Ford Focus, let's just put you in the second cut of rough." I am currently working on straightening out my shots, and getting back to my nice draw from when I started, but for now I hit a great little Butter Cut down the left side of the fairway, and ending up on the right side. There is something so confidence inspiring about being able to just aim up the left, and know that my ball will go where it went the hole before, and before that, and two months ago. Simply incredible.

Performance:

Ball speeds were nothing special, but not lacking at all. Pretty much standard with everything else I could hit. A little higher than Sub Zero, but a little less than Taylormade M1 or M2. Forgiveness both in terms of head stability, shot pattern, and dispersion are amazing. I legitimately bought this driver the day after I tested it, and got rid of my M1 immediately. No hesitation, no reservation, nothing. Instant change. Instantly more happy. It has to be the most underrated of all drivers. The one thing I will say, is that the sweet spot seems to be just slightly higher than the middle line, and slightly more to the toe of the center line. Easy to get used to for me. Teed the ball a little higher and boom. Instant feeling of pure sweet spot.

Overall Thoughts:

This is my new standard. I am actually looking forward to testing out newer Cobra Offerings to see if I can improve on this driver even more. For now though. I'll take the consistency and the amazing sound.

Go. Hit. This. Driver.

Do it.

(pictures coming soon sorry guys)

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you said it !!!!!!

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Im sure a lot of guys can relate to this. After finding the LTD Pro, you're at complete peace with driver, rest is up to your skill on a particular day.

Epic and M1/M2 came out this year. And the team LTD Pro guys probably didn't even flinch. We are very content.

Super flat lie angle. Very hard to hook. Low spin performance on low face strikes.

They call it the KING for a reason

-- lame I know, but it worked

You guys are getting me pumped to game one this year!

First time in YEARS that I've gamed a 460cc head that I didn't feel like I'd launch moon balls with.

Low loft, low spinning, AND forgiving???

Finally a hosel adapter that looks as clean as a bonded hosel!

Great sound and feel.

A club I can release HARD with and no fear of going left. I was gaining 3-4 MPH CHS for this reason alone.

The last new driver I bought (R15 430) got benched for a 12 year old club (R510 TP) because it just wasn't as consistent. Not this time!

Hail LTD Pro again..stopped this driver ho for sure. I am at peace. I started with the LTD..then got this epiphany to try the pro just because i saw a cheap one on BST..haven't looked back since. Had M1 before then..no comparison

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Some interesting tidbits about my LTD pro:

1. I had to loctite the silly port on the bottom, kept coming loose (its my manly wrx swing, but still)....

2. Mine is set on 7.5 fade and I have 110% confidence that I can just swing and never fear the rights (Im a lefty).

3. Prior driver, i25, I had to T the ball up as my AoA was around +4 or so. With the LTD, ball is teed much lower and my AoA is now around 0. Perfect.

4. Went with more of a mid spin shaft, Chrome+. Numbers on trackman were unicorn-esque.

5. Driver is at 45" total length, 1/2 inch longer than the i25. The head is so forgiving across the face I can handle the extra 1/2 inch.

Really is an outstanding stick.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I kind of wish I had held on to mine because I did get great performance out of it like others here have gotten. For some reason though I never could get the correct "feel" out of it. I'd hit a good shot but never got a feeling that I hit it well. I my miss seems to be upper toe on most drivers and when I hit the LTD Pro there it always felt really horrible. I'd equate the feeling to how bad a low heel shot feels on most drivers. The shots always ended up great but it never felt like I hit it well.

1000% agree. It's an amazing driver. I have a old school Whiteboard 73x in it and its an absolute rocket launcher.

I put my old 83x in mine. Tipped it a half inch and cut of the butt to get playing length to 44", and I'm absolutely loving it.

Driver: Cobra F8+ 8*, Tensei Pro Blue, X-flex
1 iron: Mizuno MP-H5
3 Iron: Srixon U65
Irons: Cleveland 588cb 4-P, Preceision Rifle 6.5, 2*up
Wedges: RTX 3- 50*, 54* and 60*
Putter: EvnRoll 5, 35", 0*, 74*

Amen OP, haven't even thought about another driver. LTD Pro and Tensei white combo is nasty. Ball go far! Putter and hybrid are the ones i always cheat on. This driver will be here until i break it.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Count me as another fanboi. I was lucky enough to hit both the LTD and the LTD Pro on course, decided to go with the "regular" LTD for now. I may well still get the Pro, depending on how things go this year on the course, and maybe even which golfball I decide to use.

Played my first round of the year four days ago and this stick was just as the OP described, point and shoot. Only misses were a flip hook and a stuck fade, even those were relatively tame.

A nice side benefit, for someone like me who may be interested in going shorter, the spaceport makes adding weight a cleaner/easier task.

Can't say enough good things about the LTD/LTD Pro...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I see that nobody in this thread has kept the stock Rogue Black. Any reason for that?

Always been interested in this driver, but wondering if I should just pick up a head to experiment with

For me, the HZRDUS black worked better for me. Also, the stock Rogue Black is a bit light, I went with the HZRDUS 75.

In a perfect world, I'd get something in the 80s, if not heavier. I'm funny that way. If I could have easily gotten the Rogue Black 80, I might have gone that way, along with the LTD Pro...

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Great driver but couldn't get along with the extremely flat lie angle of the LTD pro. 3*-4* more upright it may still be in the bag. I like a fade bias but my best strikes were just too hard of a cut to be playable and consistent.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

I see that nobody in this thread has kept the stock Rogue Black. Any reason for that?

Always been interested in this driver, but wondering if I should just pick up a head to experiment with

For me, the HZRDUS black worked better for me. Also, the stock Rogue Black is a bit light, I went with the HZRDUS 75.

In a perfect world, I'd get something in the 80s, if not heavier. I'm funny that way. If I could have easily gotten the Rogue Black 80, I might have gone that way, along with the LTD Pro...

For me it was simply the fact that I had access to tour products like the Kuro Kage XT and the Tensei Orange v3 and v2. I never hit it with the stock Rogue Black so I can't comment.

The first time I hit it was with the Dual Core! And it was such a perfect combination I wasn't going to mess with it. The only thing I changed out was the grip to match my set and my personal preference.

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

Great driver but couldn't get along with the extremely flat lie angle of the LTD pro. 3*-4* more upright it may still be in the bag. I like a fade bias but my best strikes were just too hard of a cut to be playable and consistent.

think thats in your head bro, the lower the loft on a club the less lie angle affects direction. Driver is affected by Lie the least of all clubs. Maybe you had one with a very open face angle.
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

think thats in your head bro, the lower the loft on a club the less lie angle affects direction. Driver is affected by Lie the least of all clubs. Maybe you had one with a very open face angle.

Yeah I'm aware it has less of an affect the less the loft but at my speed it makes more a difference than I want, given I have the loft and face angle where I want for the trajectory and spin I'm looking for.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

does anyone know what the lie angles of the 2 heads are? just how much flatter is the PRO? I bought the pro because I am a short dude AND I fight a hook. I hit the LTD Pro with a very slight fade or straight. I still turn a few left but nothing like I did with my bio cell plus(which I have loved). I feel like the flat lie is a benefit for someone like me.

does anyone know what the lie angles of the 2 heads are? just how much flatter is the PRO? I bought the pro because I am a short dude AND I fight a hook. I hit the LTD Pro with a very slight fade or straight. I still turn a few left but nothing like I did with my bio cell plus(which I have loved). I feel like the flat lie is a benefit for someone like me.

Pro, if I remember correctly is like 55* in fade setting and 56.5* in standard while the non pro is 58* on draw and 56.5* in standard.

Piretti Savona 

Messing around with a LTD Pro now.... Had it out with a Rogue Black last week and when hit well.... DAMN. The combination of carry and rollout was putting me deeper down fairways than I have been with other drivers lately. The Rogue black seems to be a little inconsistent for me, though I do like the feel, I just don't know where it's going even when it feel like I hit it well. I ordered an adapter off eBay to throw on my MT6s which should be here today so hopefully I can get that combo on the course tomorrow. My gamer has been a 2016 M2 9.5 with a couple different shafts and it has been pretty good too, I just don't like the feel as much as the LTD. My Pro head came with 10g of hot melt and I have since removed about 6 (thank you spaceport!), but I may try and get a little more out as I can definitely feel the head on throughout on the Rogue. I play mine lofted up at 9.5/10 but like the flatter lie angle of the Pro head. I am very happy with it so far and know that with some adjustments, it could be in the bag for good.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Absolutely hate the headcover though

I'm with you on the headcover. I've been using a Fly-Z+ headcover instead...

A nice side benefit, for someone like me who may be interested in going shorter, the spaceport makes adding weight a cleaner/easier task.

Agreed. Cotton balls inside the club head is much better looking than lead tape on the sole.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter