TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges

15678911»

Comments

• SwingBladeSwingBlade SoCalMembers Posts: 877 ✭✭
    edited Apr 11, 2019 10:43am #302

Delete

Post edited by SwingBlade on
    Cobra King F9 Tour Length Speedback 10.5 ATMOS TS Blue 6S 44.25” D5 14g/6g wts
    Cobra King F9 Speedback 4W & 6W ATMOS TS Blue 7S D3
    Miura CB57 4-PW KBS Tour Black Pearl S D5-D7
    Miura K-grind 52, 56, 60, & 64 KBS Wedge S D8
    Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794)
    Bushnell Hybrid GPS Rangefinder (2019)
    Pro V1X

Backup/travel: '18 M3 440, M1/M2 FW's, MP-64's and Vokey WedgeWorks 52F, 56V & 60V
  • SwingBladeSwingBlade SoCalMembers Posts: 877 ✭✭

@PixlPutterman said:
    I use to have some tour Fe2o3 that I think were Weir's old wedges, man they were great

@SwingBlade said:
    It just seems to me that TM lost their way after the new wedge laws were enacted. Prior to that, their box groove tour issue wedges and flagged u groove black tour wedges were things of beauty with great grinds and could strip the hide off any ball from even wet rough. Almost everything from TM now just looks gimmicky, whereas Vokey and the others patiently took a few years to test the limits of the new restrictive rules and recover much of the performance that was lost and even improved upon the physical beauty of their wedges. Whoever it was that said the TM wedges look like something from a Transformers movie kinda hit it on the head. I still have two sets of TM yellow U groove and red flag box groove black tour issue wedges that I would never sell because they are probably the overall greatest performing wedges in golf history, plus they are works of art esthetically. I hope TM returns to that overall philosophy of wedge design when they were unquestionably the best in the business now that they and others have figured out how to optimize the new groove rules.

Yes. The 2007 Fe2o3 (rust) Tour Issue RAC Black box cutters with the square X grooves came first. But on full shots they shredded a Pro V1x so badly that a ball would at best last three holes before needing replacement. Then came the 2008 Y groove mod that just slightly beveled the box groove edges but spun almost as much from wet rough and barely shredded the balls anymore. This was the wedge series that perhaps even more than the Vokey Tour Issue SM2s caused the 2010 wedge rule revisions to prevent that era of PGA Tour driver bombers from bombing it into the rough with impunity.

Cobra King F9 Tour Length Speedback 10.5 ATMOS TS Blue 6S 44.25” D5 14g/6g wts
    Cobra King F9 Speedback 4W & 6W ATMOS TS Blue 7S D3
    Miura CB57 4-PW KBS Tour Black Pearl S D5-D7
    Miura K-grind 52, 56, 60, & 64 KBS Wedge S D8
    Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794)
    Bushnell Hybrid GPS Rangefinder (2019)
    Pro V1X

Backup/travel: '18 M3 440, M1/M2 FW's, MP-64's and Vokey WedgeWorks 52F, 56V & 60V