TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges

Comments

• LesmondLesmond Members Posts: 11,463 ✭✭
    GC70 wrote:
    Lesmond wrote:

Kale_m wrote:
    Black ones on my radar

Nice! I'll hold out to see in-hand of the bronze.

The bronze looks really good, we hit them and the kingdom. They had bins of Raw wedges in all 3 bounces and lofts.

You didn't take home any raw wedges with you? Lol
    TaylorMade M3 Driver 9.5*
    TaylorMade M6 FWY 15*
    TaylorMade M3 FWY 18*

Titleist 718 T-MB 4
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX4 (Raw) 50* mid, 54* mid, 58* mid
    Nike Method Prototype 006 Rory Mcilroy
    21Pd3+4L8HL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,505 ✭✭
    Lesmond wrote:

GC70 wrote:
    Lesmond wrote:

Kale_m wrote:
    Black ones on my radar

Nice! I'll hold out to see in-hand of the bronze.

The bronze looks really good, we hit them and the kingdom. They had bins of Raw wedges in all 3 bounces and lofts.

You didn't take home any raw wedges with you? Lol

oboh was I tempted. I even asked to buy them!
    Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • mocokidmocokid Members Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited Aug 25, 2017 #94
    TT2017 wrote:

The red insert is purely aesthetic. I posted very early on about resifting the heads and confirmed that the hosel is a standard bore and not a bore through. Thus the cavity that the red filler occupies is just that, a cavity, the sole purpose of which is to reduce weight in that specific area.

I say get them stripped and then fill the cavity with whatever you want.

There was another thread somewhere regarding these that I posted on so in the interests of full disclosure I'm the OP in this thread and whilst I loved these wedges performance wise and indeed aesthetically after a while I just couldn't live with the glare, wayyyyyyy toooo shiny for real world use. So reluctantly I went back to my raw vokeys. Really really good wedges but not on a sunny day.

Yo bro, the red insert, that's the classic Wilson wedge look, best wedges ever, JPs. These are VERY similar in look to those Wilsons of yore.
  • jah7838jah7838 Members Posts: 1,013 ✭✭
    I custom ordered a 50, 54, and 58 all in the SB grind on Tuesday night with DGTI S400 shafts, and they will be arriving today. I wasn't expecting them until next week, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to them. I've used the EF tour grinds the past year, and the bounce isn't enough for me. I've lived in Houston the past few years, and just moved to the Dallas area, and the soft conditions that we have after rain didn't work with the EF wedges. Just very inconsistent. Just from comparing them on looks and a few chip shots, the Milled Grind is going to work better for me.
    WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Attas Elements MK 7s
    Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler set to 16* with Nventix Nunchuk
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Black Tie 95g S / 18.5* RBZ Stage 2 S300, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
    Irons: 5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
    Wedges: 50*& 54* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce, 58* Mid RTX 4. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish
  • skia4life89skia4life89 Posts: 180 ✭✭
    milledgrindbronzewedge1.jpg

Saw a stock image on google..Anyone have any updated info on the release?
    Ping G LS
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood
    Taylormade UDI 3
    Taylormade SLDR 4-AW
    Taylormade Milled Grind 54 58
    Odyssey O-Works #7
    Callaway Chrome Soft
    are these cast or forged ???. I need to get the lies flat -2*
  • ShankapodShankapod Posts: 286 ✭✭

Mine are shipping 9/15. Ordered through tgw.com
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,162 ✭✭
    Shankapod wrote:

Just be aware that they are going to be MUCH darker than this picture. I spoke with a rep that seemed to know his stuff 2 days ago. He said they are closer to the Vokey Black finish than this picture. He's not even sure where this pic came from but said it was an early rendering of the bronze. They evolved to something different.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,162 ✭✭
    mocokid wrote:

Cast but Irrelevant to bending. They can do 2 flat, no problem.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag

mocokid wrote:

Cast but Irrelevant to bending. They can do 2 flat, no problem.

great thanks for reply
  • KappKapp Posts: 113
    Glued to this thread now- I was about to pull trigger on some vokeys.
    Ping G400
    TM SLDR 3 HL
    Ping G400 19*
    Ping G400 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50*,54*,58*
    Seemore Z3C Nashville

Shankapod wrote:

Just be aware that they are going to be MUCH darker than this picture. I spoke with a rep that seemed to know his stuff 2 days ago. He said they are closer to the Vokey Black finish than this picture. He's not even sure where this pic came from but said it was an early rendering of the bronze. They evolved to something different.

I'm some how having an impossible time finding any pics, but I saw when watching the tournament last weekend that DJ had them in his bag. Definitely a bit darker
  • ImBurningStarIVImBurningStarIV Members Posts: 672 ✭✭
    If I really liked the ATV from the Tour Preferred line, what 58° would be best in these? I'm a digger and my 58° is my everything club, pitches/chips/flops/sand/full swings.
    Japan SLDR 430 - Diamana D+
    2017 M1 - Diamana D+
    Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
    Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
    Miura WS 53° & 59° - TI S400
    Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc
  • Lefty431Lefty431 Members Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
    3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
    Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
    or Taylormade gapr lo 2 iron w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
    Irons: Taylormade p790 4-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
    Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
    Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

Bronze finish, right? May have to get one in 60*.
    TaylorMade M6 FWY 15*
    TaylorMade M3 FWY 18*

Titleist 718 T-MB 4
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
  • Is the bronze finish ever actually going to come out? Been waiting for months now
  • daw229daw229 Members Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Anyone know when they will be available. I can't find anywhere to order them from.
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    daw229 wrote:

Anyone know when they will be available. I can't find anywhere to order them from.

tgw has them on their site
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
    I've said a couple times...mine ship 9/15-9/18.....

They're definitely coming!
  • doubledubdoubledub ClubWRX Posts: 63 ClubWRX
    I put the 52(bent to 53) and 60 in my bag. Never thought the 64 PM grind would come out of the bag but was very surprised how well i was hitting everything with the traditional 60 and it opened up at spot at the top of the bag. I wish they would release a 48* as my old scor pitching wedge is getting pretty beat up. I will probably get the bronze next year when I wear out the 60.
  • Chris1211Chris1211 Members Posts: 7
    edited Sep 13, 2017 #112
    doubledub wrote:

I put the 52(bent to 53) and 60 in my bag. Never thought the 64 PM grind would come out of the bag but was very surprised how well i was hitting everything with the traditional 60 and it opened up at spot at the top of the bag. I wish they would release a 48* as my old scor pitching wedge is getting pretty beat up. I will probably get the bronze next year when I wear out the 60.

I've just looked at the taylormade Custom page and they offer a 48 degree (at least in the us but Not here in Europe image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />( )
    Callaway GBB Epic 9 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 msi Stiff
    Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rogue Max 75s
    Titleist 915H 21 Aldila Rogue Black 85s
    Taylormade Psi Tour 4-P Kbs Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Ef Wedge 52-09 56-12 60-10 Kbs Wedge
    Odyssey Versa #7
  • tbrumbeloe13tbrumbeloe13 GeorgiaMembers Posts: 692 ✭✭
    Antique Bronze now on Taylormade website
  • KappKapp Posts: 113
    Antique Bronze now on Taylormade website

Uh oh...

Same day the 790s are ready to go too!
    Ping G400
    TM SLDR 3 HL
    Ping G400 19*
    Ping G400 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50*,54*,58*
    Seemore Z3C Nashville
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,664 ClubWRX
    Chris1211 wrote:

doubledub wrote:

I've just looked at the taylormade Custom page and they offer a 48 degree (at least in the us but Not here in Europe image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />( )

Interesting. 48* is available in chrome but not in bronze.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • andrsmilandrsmil Members Posts: 9
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Chris1211 wrote:

doubledub wrote:

Interesting. 48* is available in chrome but not in bronze.

Can't get the 48* in Europe, can you? I'm just considering getting P770 4-9, P730 PW and 50, 54 & 58 Milled Grind Copper 🤔
  • JetPilotJetPilot Members Posts: 61
    I am flat out loving these wedges. Have played Cleveland wedges forever. Every once in a while I get a firm feeling hit, but overall I find them very smooth. I'm playing 54 and 58 in low and standard bounces. Great turn interaction, love the high trajectory and spin. Chrome finish can be a little bright in full sun. Very, very happy with these.
  • skia4life89skia4life89 Posts: 180 ✭✭
    Well the antique bronze is now starting to pop up in online stores. The stock images are making them appear a rust color which is what I want. Would love to see the actual club before I buy.
    Ping G LS
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood
    Taylormade UDI 3
    Taylormade SLDR 4-AW
    Taylormade Milled Grind 54 58
    Odyssey O-Works #7
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • orangeruffyorangeruffy ClubWRX Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I never consider TM for wedges. After spending +2k on different Vokey's this year I could not stop hitting them near the toe. More bounce, less bounce, different grinds, etc... Bent them in all types of configurations....flat, upright, changed shafts etc.. nothing worked. Spoke to one of my fitters one day and explained the issue I was having. He asked if I tried the TM's? Well......bought a set. WA LA!! After trial runs and working with them I shot a 67 recently. I am throwing darts with these things. Standard shots, flop shots, high shots, low shots, bunker shots. Not certain what I did, frankly I don't care!! There may be more mass at the bottom, maybe they just fit my eye. All I know is these work for me. As far as reflection from the sun. I used a dremel with the flapper attachment and ran it over the face.......satin finish in a snap. If they come out in a raw finish they may be in the bag when these wear out, but they don't seem to wear very much.
    Well the antique bronze is now starting to pop up in online stores. The stock images are making them appear a rust color which is what I want. Would love to see the actual club before I buy.

Here's a pic from the TM insta. Better than a stock online pic. I too, would need to see in person. I wanna get a 60*.

TaylorMade M6 FWY 15*
    TaylorMade M3 FWY 18*

Titleist 718 T-MB 4
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
  • NeigeNeige Posts: 200 ✭✭
    bhard315 wrote:

cgasucks wrote:

I wish they would bring back the XFT wedge again, especially the replaceable inserts. They would make long term $$$ from the insert sales alone.

showcase-lg.jpg

Love those wedges. Have both the 58/09 and the 58/12 wedges. S400 shafts in both. Also have 12 total replacement faces. Will be using these wedges for the rest of my golfing life haha.

Same for me with 52, 56, and 58*. Maybe its the kbs wedge shaft, but they work well.
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]RBZ 10.5*, Mini 12*, SLDR 5W,[/font] Burner 5h
    SLDR 6i, 7i, MB 712 8i-PW, 52*, 56*, long putter