ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Rakuten experiences?

hardcaliberhardcaliber Advanced Members Posts: 697 ✭✭
I'm seeing some really good prices on rakuten for stuff i'm interested in. Does anyone have any experiences they care to share, either good of bad?

My understanding is Rakuten works like Amazon marketplace. A variety of different shops/sellers can list things there. The ones I'm looking at all seem to be very highly rated. Its seems like I read about people buying stuff from rakuten on different threads and the experiences seem positive by and large. A big downside seems to be that the english translations are complete gibberish.

Comments

• clemsontigerclemsontiger Advanced Members Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Ordered some cold forged vokeys through atomic golf via rakauten a few years ago and everything went smooth and shipping was surprisingly fast and cheap.
  • 86020818602081 Advanced Members Posts: 1,849 ✭✭
    I never had problems with them..
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Advanced Members Posts: 18,080 ✭✭
    I bought a set of irons through TSTAR and it was a relatively painless and smooth transaction. Shipping was high, and when the box arrived it was covered with common stamps. I tried to add up how much the stamps cost but gave up, as near as I could figure it was a lot less than I was charged though. Overall, a favorable experience and I'd do it again.
    Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & CB Pro U hybrid
    Ping G25 irons w/Recoil 95 F4's
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110's
    Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"
  • scrillamanscrillaman Advanced Members Posts: 81
    I purchased my fairway metals from Rakuten. It went better than expected.

Email correspondence was a little bit choppy but worth it in the end.
    Nike Vapor Speed TW
    Nike Vapor Speed Ltd. FW #3
    Nike Vapor Speed Ltd. FW #5
    Titleist 714 CB 4-P
    Titleist SM5 52.08 F, 56.10 M, 60.08 M
    Nike Method Prototype 006
  • FrancoisFrancois Advanced Members Posts: 318 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I was on Rakuten once and inexplicably a few ATTAS shafts showed up at my door two weeks later. I vowed never to visit that site again, but lo and behold a set of Srixon irons rang my doorbell a little while later. Seeing that something was afoot I unplugged my computer but the buggers still managed to deliver two Srixon wedges. Realising that I was dealing with a crafty bunch I endeavoured to cancel my credit card, but before I could pull the trigger on that they managed to slip a Gauge Design putter through the cracks straight into my golf bag.

Be careful when dealing with this crafty lot from Rakuten. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Cobra F8, Diamana DF
    Callaway 5 Deep, Fubuki J
    Titleist 818 H1, PX Evenflow
    Srixon ZU65 #4, Aldila NVS
    Mizuno JPX900 HM 5 - LW, Modus 105
    TM Spider Tour C/S
  • Back9Back9 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 677 ClubWRX
    I have ordered a wedge and several headcovers through 3 different shops on Rakuten. Email clarity was a little variable but all were understandable. Essentially I ordered an item, the shop responded the next day with shipping charges, I responded via email agreeing with the charges, and the items arrived in about a week-10 days. On one occasion an item that I ordered was not available and the transaction was cancelled the next day so I ordered from a different vendor.
  • ws6ws6 Pacific Dunes Advanced Members Posts: 2,302 ✭✭
    I was on Rakuten last night looking at Z565 irons - very tempting.
  • jaymay82jaymay82 Advanced Members Posts: 507
    Ordered 2 custom cold forged Vokey wedges through Atomic Golf. Got it within 2 weeks.

Prices are great since yen is currently weaker than the US dollar.

Try to find the stores that accept paypal. Avoid international fees on credit card transactions.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]titelist-small.jpg| bridgestone-small.jpg |[/font]nike-small.jpg
  • vci15vci15 Advanced Members Posts: 154
    Same here. Only good experiences with Rakuten.
    Callaway Epic 9 - Tour AD-IZ 6 SR
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 15 - Oban Purple 65 04
    Callaway Big Bertha OS 19 - Accra FX200H
    Callaway Apex CF16 - Steelfiber i110r
    Cleveland RTX-3 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball 34"
  • coolcucumber_1coolcucumber_1 Advanced Members Posts: 146
    Anyone order a staff bag from them....been seeing a few that are priced just about right.
  • hardcaliberhardcaliber Advanced Members Posts: 697 ✭✭
    Francois wrote:

I was on Rakuten once and inexplicably a few ATTAS shafts showed up at my door two weeks later. I vowed never to visit that site again, but lo and behold a set of Srixon irons rang my doorbell a little while later. Seeing that something was afoot I unplugged my computer but the buggers still managed to deliver two Srixon wedges. Realising that I was dealing with a crafty bunch I endeavoured to cancel my credit card, but before I could pull the trigger on that they managed to slip a Gauge Design putter through the cracks straight into my golf bag.

Be careful when dealing with this crafty lot from Rakuten. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

I am in grave danger of having some Attas shafts show up on my doorstep, possibly attached to a Mizuno MP driver head.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing for me that the responses have been so positive...
  • slalomdudeslalomdude Advanced Members Posts: 430 ✭✭
    Just wanted to follow up on this with another question. I have seen some cool looking Ping staff bags that are better colours than the usual black/white. I checked on the Ping japan site and it only shows the same colours as available in the US. Do you think these, red, black and multi colour bags could be fake Ping products ?