MAN! BEST ADVICE IVE EVER TAKEN AND USED

flamtapflamtap Welcome to the Tour.Jr. Boomers Posts: 288
READ THIS AND ADD 15 YDS EASILY
tee it up as HIGH as you can. thats what my pro told me, and it had my distance on my drives go from 225 to 240 in 5 swings"! WOW!

Comments

• NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    flamtap wrote on Jan 1 2006, 06:18 PM:

tee it up as HIGH as you can. thats what my pro told me, and it had my distance on my drives go from 225 to 240 in 5 swings"! WOW!

That all depends on how you swing at the ball and where your hands are at impact. If your hands are behind the ball you will sky everything and put a nice dummy mark on your driver.

Adam
  • NoncenxNoncenx Members Posts: 253
    NCSU Wolfpack 10 wrote on Jan 1 2006, 06:16 PM:

That all depends on how you swing at the ball and where your hands are at impact. If your hands are behind the ball you will sky everything and put a nice dummy mark on your driver.

Unfortunately...I can attest to that! image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • onemomentintimeonemomentintime Members Posts: 187
    taking into consideration a few other factors are lined up right, that statement has some merit to it.
    Noncenx wrote on Jan 1 2006, 08:00 PM:

NCSU Wolfpack 10 wrote on Jan 1 2006, 06:16 PM:

Unfortunately...I can attest to that! image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I know how you feel brother. If I tee the ball up high I hit the moon because my hands are way behind the ball at impact which adds loft.

Adam
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    Yeh i can hit a nice high moon ball too... i have to make sure that i really release the clubhead if i need to bring down the flight. but as they say......."Tee it high and let it fly"

DaN "goose" image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
    Goose wrote on Jan 1 2006, 09&#58;39 PM:

Yeh i can hit a nice high moon ball too... i have to make sure that i really release the clubhead if i need to bring down the flight. but as they say......."Tee it high and let it fly"

DaN "goose" image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

For me the saying is "Tee is high and hit the Moon" image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Adam
  • flamtapflamtap Welcome to the Tour. Jr. Boomers Posts: 288
    no worries there is touch up for that! so go expierement!

http://www.golfpaint.com/
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    I tee the ball up pretty high but when I do it to high or as high as it can I get way to much loft.
    more loft = More distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOSH!
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    Not when you start launching it 3-wood + loft! More loft also means more back spin which means less distance. The highest I tee it is 3/4 of the ball above the top line. Usually its around half or less. That said I do hit a high ball and have a few sh!t head marks on my driver.

And flamtrap, its not good to go around making generalizations. After a few false ones you start to get a bad rep.
    edited Jan 2, 2006 #12
    its funny how i read the quote "more loft = more distance " out of david leadbetters 100% golf book.

who do you think you are? Butch Harmon? image/ok.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

and btw stop thread crapping
    This made me laugh.

I challenge you to take a lob wedge, drill it so it is the same weight as a driver head and install a driver length and weight shaft in it.

I will bet any **** thing you want that your driver will go further. If you are going to say thats because the COR in your wedge isn't nearly as high as that in your driver, then I have another example, what will go further in x direction, a bullet fired directly in x direction on a perfectly horizontal plane or a bullet fired straight up? Infact lets make the gun a 30-06 just for the **** of it. Or how about this, why do the longest hitters in the world (Zuback etc.) use drivers which very little loft if more loft means more distance? Its not for accuracy because if anything less loft decreases backspin which allows sidespin to have a greater effect on the balls flight path (usually a curve).

I agree that more loft equals more distance but only to a certain degree.

That said, I don't agree with alot of what David Leadbetter preaches, I'm more of a Butch harmon type swinger (ie Adam Scott, and old Tiger). One drill I do use that Leadbetter uses is used to keep the arms and body working together.

Anyways, if you need more examples, let me know. I would be more than happy to explain any more insanely simple concepts that you cannot grasp also. Need help with some math, well thats my specialty.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    watson uses a 6.5 I hear. 398 yards bada bing badaboom
    Watson uses 6.75 deg driver, Scott Hend the leader of driving averages last year has 6.77 and averaged 320yds off the tee.
    Dude im sorry Watson is just sick.
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    edited Jan 22, 2006 #17
    golfer_junior wrote on Jan 9 2006, 10&#58;36 PM:

This made me laugh.

I challenge you to take a lob wedge, drill it so it is the same weight as a driver head and install a driver length and weight shaft in it.

I will bet any **** thing you want that your driver will go further. If you are going to say thats because the COR in your wedge isn't nearly as high as that in your driver, then I have another example, what will go further in x direction, a bullet fired directly in x direction on a perfectly horizontal plane or a bullet fired straight up? Infact lets make the gun a 30-06 just for the **** of it. Or how about this, why do the longest hitters in the world (Zuback etc.) use drivers which very little loft if more loft means more distance? Its not for accuracy because if anything less loft decreases backspin which allows sidespin to have a greater effect on the balls flight path (usually a curve).

I agree that more loft equals more distance but only to a certain degree.

That said, I don't agree with alot of what David Leadbetter preaches, I'm more of a Butch harmon type swinger (ie Adam Scott, and old Tiger). One drill I do use that Leadbetter uses is used to keep the arms and body working together.

Anyways, if you need more examples, let me know. I would be more than happy to explain any more insanely simple concepts that you cannot grasp also. Need help with some math, well thats my specialty.

exactly. too much loft and you lose ditance
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,027
    the saying more loft=more distance, has limits. it you hit your driver as hight as a 5 wood or p wedge your in troble. every thing that teachers and pros say is good (most the time) within reson. just like if you want to loose weight and you eat 4 salads for dinner and think is better than a slice of pizza your insane
    tiger woods also recommends 10.5 lofted drivers to amatuers.......but im sure everybody posting in this thread has a scratch handicap image/ok.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />
  • papichulostevepapichulosteve Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭
    i've always found that a good rule of thumb is to have your trajectory somewhere around the tree line give or take, now how you get there is up to you.
    flamtap wrote on Jan 22 2006, 11&#58;02 AM:

tiger woods also recommends 10.5 lofted drivers to amatuers.......but im sure everybody posting in this thread has a scratch handicap image/ok.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />

Again with the generalizations.
  • taityboytaityboy Members Posts: 22
    rednumbers69 wrote on Jan 22 2006, 04&#58;18 PM:

the saying more loft=more distance, has limits. it you hit your driver as hight as a 5 wood or p wedge your in troble. every thing that teachers and pros say is good (most the time) within reson. just like if you want to loose weight and you eat 4 salads for dinner and think is better than a slice of pizza your insane

Actually, the driver, out of any club in the bag should go the highest from the ground. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />
    Actually, the driver, out of any club in the bag should go the highest from the ground.

I have to disagree, I think the 3-wood should have a higher apex and launch angle than your driver.
    well im not going to take that from a 14 yr old image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />,
    flamtap wrote on Jan 24 2006, 03&#58;48 PM:

well im not going to take that from a 14 yr old image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />,

15 (get my permit in 10 days), and why should age be the determining factor?
    image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> Keep it cival gentlemen. image/hunter.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />
    truce!
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    man if i tee it up high i sky it. I tried this and mashed by 975j it had so many marks. and anyway on the titleist videos vijay says tee it lower to hit your driver more accurate.
  • Ian_123456Ian_123456 Jr. Boomers Posts: 266
    Actually, the driver, out of any club in the bag should go the highest from the ground. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

[/quote]

my dad told me that when he was getting fit from callaway that they told him that all clubs should have the same apex but some will just get hight faster
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers Posts: 543
    I tend to agree. I hit my driver about the same height as my sand wedge but the wedge only goes 120 vs. the driver which can co up to 2.5 times that length. I get the wedge up faster but the driver goes just as high.
  • haltham2006haltham2006 Members Posts: 62
    since i have started teeing it up higher i have had a much more penertrating ball flight. i have 3 quarters of the ball above the club face so with other drivers it wont seem high cos mine is a 350cc model