ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Cut Golf Co

124»

Comments

• Jeremy0510Jeremy0510 Advanced Members Posts: 158
    I really wanted to like these for the price. Put them in play today and birdied number 1 so I thought it was a given but I just can't do it. I can't get em to hold a green worth anything. These play like a 2 piece ball to me. I hit them longer than my pro v's though. I'm gonna try the snells before going back to the pro v1's. Who knows.
  • venturagolfer87venturagolfer87 Golfing is harder with a fro. Advanced Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭
    Jeremy0510 wrote:
    I really wanted to like these for the price. Put them in play today and birdied number 1 so I thought it was a given but I just can't do it. I can't get em to hold a green worth anything. These play like a 2 piece ball to me. I hit them longer than my pro v's though. I'm gonna try the snells before going back to the pro v1's. Who knows.

This is what's holding me back from gaming these. The two rounds I played, any shot inside 80 yards would bounce twice then release about 10-15 feet, regardless of how well I hit it. That being said, I did pick up a dozen (after I lost my test sleeve) and give it a dedicated testing, hopefully get on the course during a slow day and hit head to head with the q star tour to see if it even can stand a chance. I like the feel, and it has a nice flight with the irons and will hold a green. But the short game aspect is sus atm.
    WITB 2018
    - F8+ 10.5*, Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60
    -2017 M2 3HL, Rulz Type A 70
    -MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
    -F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80
    -MP-18 MMC 5-PW, PX 6.0
    -50/54 SM6 Jet Black
    -58 RTX4 Mid Raw
    -Rife Iconic Vault 1
    -Cut Blue
  • ttucliffhangerttucliffhanger Members Posts: 47

Jasonic wrote:
    Buzzkill wrote:

Just got my trial pack today!

Man they look cheezy

What about them looks cheesy? Have u hit them yet?
    Jeremy0510 wrote:

This is what's holding me back from gaming these. The two rounds I played, any shot inside 80 yards would bounce twice then release about 10-15 feet, regardless of how well I hit it. That being said, I did pick up a dozen (after I lost my test sleeve) and give it a dedicated testing, hopefully get on the course during a slow day and hit head to head with the q star tour to see if it even can stand a chance. I like the feel, and it has a nice flight with the irons and will hold a green. But the short game aspect is sus atm.
    I honestly have the opposite trouble. I have a hard time to getting the ball to release when I need it to bit it could be my swing and I kind of like this. I would rather end up a little short than long. So I guess it's not really a problem lol

Jeremy0510 wrote:

I honestly have the opposite trouble. I have a hard time to getting the ball to release when I need it to bit it could be my swing and I kind of like this. I would rather end up a little short than long. So I guess it's not really a problem lol

Nah, it sounds like you've found your ball. I honestly liked the way they looked. Didn't find them cheesy at all. Can say one thing about them, I cant seem to lose any of them. I played an entire round with 1 ball. Even a shot into the water skipped back out. Guess it was one of those rare days which I never ever get.
    Jeremy0510 wrote:

Jeremy0510 wrote:

Nah, it sounds like you've found your ball. I honestly liked the way they looked. Didn't find them cheesy at all. Can say one thing about them, I cant seem to lose any of them. I played an entire round with 1 ball. Even a shot into the water skipped back out. Guess it was one of those rare days which I never ever get.
    Yeah those days are a rarety for me too haha.
  • monks66monks66 Advanced Members Posts: 576
    this seems to be a ball that everyone has different experiences with, strange image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> myself, i liked it, but it just seemed like a superball off the putter..and I love the 2016 B330RX and Snell MTB too much
    monks66 wrote:
    this seems to be a ball that everyone has different experiences with, strange image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> myself, i liked it, but it just seemed like a superball off the putter..and I love the 2016 B330RX and Snell MTB too much
    What do u mean by superball?
  • ForefijiForefiji Members Posts: 32
    Would be interesting to see their quality procedures. I presume variations in performance are more related to equipment, swing speed, etc but could be manufacturing variations.
  • Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,895 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have a question, not understanding this subscription thing. I purchased three dozen the other day and there was no mention of any subscription. Did I sign up for ball installments and not informed of doing so? Thanks, BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
    I think they quit doing that. Didn't see anything about that when I ordered some to try.
    I confirmed no subscription which is what I prefer. BB

monks66 wrote:
    What do u mean by superball?

just springy off the putter, tough to gage putts
    I played my first full round with the Cut Blue and I was impressed. Ball was plenty durable and reacted as expected. I really enjoyed the ball flight and feel. I didn't find a real weakness. At $20 bucks it's hard to ignore this ball!
    Not sure if anyone has seen their new ball, the Cut Grey! It's a 3 piece urethane with a compression of about 80. If I had to compare it to another ball, I would compare it to the Q-Star Tour. It's a beast! You can buy trial sleeves as of now and will be full released by the dozen in October for 19.99/dozen plus shipping!
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Advanced Members Posts: 6,119 ✭✭

Not sure if anyone has seen their new ball, the Cut Grey! It's a 3 piece urethane with a compression of about 80. If I had to compare it to another ball, I would compare it to the Q-Star Tour. It's a beast! You can buy trial sleeves as of now and will be full released by the dozen in October for 19.99/dozen plus shipping!

where? Any sign of a yellow urethane ball?
    Tanner25 wrote:

where? Any sign of a yellow urethane ball?
    The trial sleeves are on their website for 6.50. www.cutgolfco.com and not sure about the yellow ball. I know others have been requesting it and they like to listen to their customers.
  • thejuicethejuice Advanced Members Posts: 2,065
    They sent me a trial sleeve of the Grey to make up for a slightly botched order. I'm hoping to put them in play in the next week or so. I'm sort of hooked on Cut and Vice. I like being the only guy on the course with them. LOL!
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • Trae33Trae33 Members Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
    I actually really liked this ball. I would put it it right between vice pro and vice pro plus. Leaning towards vice pro plus. It behaved very well in short game, it did what I wanted it to do. Hop and stop or bump n run. Seems more straight than my gamer, vice pro. Vice pro wins with my putting hands down though. At least for now
    Put all the Vices, Cut Blues aside.......Snell MTB cant be beat LOL
  • thejuicethejuice Advanced Members Posts: 2,065
    monks66 wrote:

If I didn't already have enough golf balls to last me for three years then I might try the MTB but I just can't fall in love with another new ball. LOL!
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • venturagolfer87venturagolfer87 Golfing is harder with a fro. Advanced Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭

Just saw this yesterday on their insta, VERY intrigued as for me right now, the Q-Star Tour is the best ball I've played all year(or last). I like the feel and performance of the Cut Blue (will be trying to play an entire round just with Cuts very soon to see if the lack of greenside spin has been a weird fluke), but the QST literally does everything I ask of it and then some. I have seen very little difference between the QST and the TP5, so the tiebreaker (price) goes to Srixon. If this Cut Grey performs at least as good as the QST, I may have to switch, because the price will obviously be more favorable.
    WITB 2018
    -MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
    -F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80
    -MP-18 MMC 5-PW, PX 6.0
    -50/54 SM6 Jet Black
    -58 RTX4 Mid Raw
    -Rife Iconic Vault 1
    -Cut Blue

Just saw this yesterday on their insta, VERY intrigued as for me right now, the Q-Star Tour is the best ball I've played all year(or last). I like the feel and performance of the Cut Blue (will be trying to play an entire round just with Cuts very soon to see if the lack of greenside spin has been a weird fluke), but the QST literally does everything I ask of it and then some. I have seen very little difference between the QST and the TP5, so the tiebreaker (price) goes to Srixon. If this Cut Grey performs at least as good as the QST, I may have to switch, because the price will obviously be more favorable.
    I love these! You're going to love them!

monks66 wrote:
    I would disagree with that. I played the Snell and wasn't s big fan.
    monks66 wrote:

Totally agree with ya here. I tried to like the blues just to save money but it's no comparison. It's like comparing a pro v1 to a velocity.

I love these! You're going to love them!

monks66 wrote:
    I would disagree with that. I played the Snell and wasn't s big fan.

to each his own.....but....there are a whole lot of people that love the Snell....just sayin!
  • kess13kess13 So I just put the ball in the hole... Advanced Members Posts: 1,271
    Liked the MTB but not demonstrably more than the Cut Blue so I'm using the blue. Both are great balls and are fantastic alternatives to otr golfballs. Just ordered 2 sleeves of the grey. If they are as comparable to the QST as this thread indicates then I can probably settle on them until they inevitably change the formula.
    Bio Cell
    F6 baffler
    MP54
    T7/eye2XG Lob
    Mills Ming
  • chal0072chal0072 Advanced Members Posts: 339
    rlb4 wrote:

chal0072 wrote:

Play one today with Cut white. Like the feel of it off a driver, long too. Price is good, normally I play Wilson Duo spin.

How does it compare to the Duo Spin?

5-6 rounds now with Cut. Feels and sounds really good (I like it more than Wilson Duo)off the face of my Callaway driver.
    Cobra King LTD Black
    TE EX10 3W
    Cobra F6 4h
    PXG 0311P 6,8,PW,AW
    Cleveland RTX3 58
    Williams putter
    Played a full round using only the Cut Blue on Sunday, and every complaint I had about the lack of spin from inside 80 yards seemed to vanish, as I hit shot after shot that had me feeling like I had so much control over the ball. Even holed one out of a green side trap for eagle, and it had some action to hit when it went in. Admittedly, the greens on this course are undoubtedly the slowest/softest in town, so I'll have to reserve my final final judgement for this weekend after I play at a friend of a friend's country club that should have firmer greens, but it was very encouraging indeed. As I said earlier, that is/was my ONLY complaint about this ball, other than that, it's probably the best ball for your money this year
    WITB 2018
    -MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
    -F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80
    -MP-18 MMC 5-PW, PX 6.0
    -50/54 SM6 Jet Black
    -58 RTX4 Mid Raw
    -Rife Iconic Vault 1
    -Cut Blue

Played a full round using only the Cut Blue on Sunday, and every complaint I had about the lack of spin from inside 80 yards seemed to vanish, as I hit shot after shot that had me feeling like I had so much control over the ball. Even holed one out of a green side trap for eagle, and it had some action to hit when it went in. Admittedly, the greens on this course are undoubtedly the slowest/softest in town, so I'll have to reserve my final final judgement for this weekend after I play at a friend of a friend's country club that should have firmer greens, but it was very encouraging indeed. As I said earlier, that is/was my ONLY complaint about this ball, other than that, it's probably the best ball for your money this year

Happy you liked it...i couldnt find the bite, may be you better at the wedge game image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • ms3ms3 Advanced Members Posts: 85
    Just received a box to try out. A buddy of mine says it's a great ball. We'll see if this can compete with the TP5X.
    Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) | 9.5º set to 10º | Graphite Design TOUR AD-TP 6X
    Fairway: TaylorMade M1 | 14º | Matrix RUL TOUR Issue 80 X
    Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 | 18º | Matrix OZIK Altus Hybrid TOUR Issue 80 X
    Irons: Mizuno MP-18 SC 3-P | Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges: TaylorMade TOUR Preferred EF 52º, 58º KBS C-Taper LITE 120g S+
    Putter: KRONOS Golf Hendrix
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • SanzabarSanzabar Advanced Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭
    Have some Cut Grey's coming to me... anyone have any feedback on these yet?
    Ping G400 Max w/Evolution II 569
    Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790
    Nike Engage 56/60* & Callaway PM Grind 64*
    Nike Method Origin B1-01 Custom

#Colts #ForTheShoe
    Sanzabar wrote:

I haven't seen much, other than what Cut have put on their site. I ordered a trial sleeve as well, since these will probably be a direct comparison to the Q-Star Tour I play currently. The Cut Blue is more comparable to the TP5/ProVs. If the Greys can perform just as well as the QST, then I may have to go 100% all Cut for the forseeable future.
    WITB 2018
    -MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
    -F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80
    -MP-18 MMC 5-PW, PX 6.0
    -50/54 SM6 Jet Black
    -58 RTX4 Mid Raw
    -Rife Iconic Vault 1
    -Cut Blue
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahAdvanced Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    Sanzabar wrote:

I've played both the Cut grey and the blue. The grey definitely feels softer than the blue, which is nice. But to me, the performance of the grey is *really* close to the blue, but just not quite there. I think the blue spins a lot more off the irons and is straighter and longer off the tee.

I also didn't see any negligible difference between the two around the green. I can understand how some like to putt with a softer ball, but to me it, soft/hard doesn't make a difference when putting.

Overall -- I love the Cuts and the Blue is one of my favorite all-time golf balls.
    Clubs: Callaway XR16 Pro 9.0* •• Ping G 14.5* •• Scratch EZ1 3-PW •• Ping Glide 52* 56* 60* •• Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X •• Project X Blue 8B4 •• KBS C Taper 125
    Balls: TP5 •• Srixon Z Star XV •• Pro V1
  • kess13kess13 So I just put the ball in the hole... Advanced Members Posts: 1,271
    alexdub wrote:

Sanzabar wrote:

I've played both the Cut grey and the blue. The grey definitely feels softer than the blue, which is nice. But to me, the performance of the grey is *really* close to the blue, but just not quite there. I think the blue spins a lot more off the irons and is straighter and longer off the tee.

I also didn't see any negligible difference between the two around the green. I can understand how some like to putt with a softer ball, but to me it, soft/hard doesn't make a difference when putting.

Overall -- I love the Cuts and the Blue is one of my favorite all-time golf balls.

I can second this. I ordered 2 sleeves of the grey and dropped a ball into play after 5 holes with the blue, which is all I have played lately.

The grey didn't really do it for me and I put the blue back in play after 3 holes. Truly, there wasn't a discernible difference in performance, it just felt a little different. It just didn't wow me like the blue did right off the bat.

I'm playing today and tomorrow and am only going to use the greys to see if I can puck up something through 36, but all signs point to me sticking with the blues.

I did like the alignment on the grey better fwiw.
    Bio Cell
    F6 baffler
    MP54
    T7/eye2XG Lob
    Mills Ming
    Sanzabar wrote:
    I will just say that I am a brand ambassador for them before people think I'm saying this bc I help them but I honestly am not. I have played, the whites, blues, and greys and I will say I've never had as much control and spin than I have with the greys. I hit them longer, and have the most control I've ever had around the greens. I would be using these even if I didn't help them! I will never switch to another ball unless they were not in business, which I foresee a bright future for them!
  • clubberclubber Advanced Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I got a box of blues (four piece). Hit them along kirklands which I still have quite a few left. Not close. Multiple holes with kirklands about 15-20 yards past. I wanted to like them but for me they were shorter significantly. Every hole. I previously compared kirklands to titleist pro vs, srixon, Nike platinum and snell and felt they were all very comparable. Now have to figure out what to do with the other three sleeves! Kind of bummed as I was hoping to like them. Was going to do some on course green side spin but won't give up that much Driver distance so didn't matter to me to continue.
  • dnalepocadnalepoca Advanced Members Posts: 225 ✭✭
    Anyone know when the Cut Grey's will be available by the dozen? I absolutely love the blues and really think I'd like the greys even more
    Cobra King F7
    Cobra King baffler F6 17.5*
    Cobra King Utility 20.5*
    Wilson Staff V4 Utility 23*
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 irons 5-PW
    Mizuno MP T-11 52*
    Wilson Staff PMP Tour 56*
    PING Glide 2.0 TS 60*
    Taylormade TP Juno Copper
    Bridgestone Tour B XS, Srixon Z-Star XV
  • RyKnocksRyKnocks Advanced Members Posts: 426
    dnalepoca wrote:

Anyone know when the Cut Grey's will be available by the dozen? I absolutely love the blues and really think I'd like the greys even more

This.

I played 9 today with the Cut Grey and loved them. Could they use a little more green side spin? Sure. But they feel great, and comparable distance off the tee to the ChromeSoft I normally use. I also have a trial sleeve of Cut Blue and will try that next, but would order a dozen grey in a heartbeat if they were available right now.
    Driver: Callaway XR 10* Stiff
    Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
    Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
    Irons: Callaway XR Pro 4-PW Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
    Putter: Odyssey #7 Metal-X
  • Geaux GatorsGeaux Gators GEAUX GATORS Advanced Members Posts: 3,768
    Got an email yesterday. The MG C4 is now available in yellow
    Ping G400 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 7X Little +
    Ping G400 16* hybrid UST Recoil ES80F4
    Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
    Ping i500 4-W Green Dot KBS Tour Stiff hard stepped 1
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne
    OnCore Elixr
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHAdvanced Members Posts: 3,923 ✭✭
    Is Foremost making the balls for Cut ?

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• dnalepocadnalepoca Advanced Members Posts: 225 ✭✭
    Just checked the website today and saw Cut Grey’s were available by the dozen. So excited to have these on the way to compare to the Blue! sad that I may not get to play until April or March if I’m lucky
    Cobra King F7
    Cobra King baffler F6 17.5*
    Cobra King Utility 20.5*
    Wilson Staff V4 Utility 23*
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 irons 5-PW
    Mizuno MP T-11 52*
    Wilson Staff PMP Tour 56*
    PING Glide 2.0 TS 60*
    Taylormade TP Juno Copper
    Bridgestone Tour B XS, Srixon Z-Star XV
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Advanced Members Posts: 1,098 ✭✭
    Just wait for the Cut Golds.
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Advanced Members Posts: 6,119 ✭✭
    any yellow ones?
  • mqmh_03mqmh_03 Equipment Junkie Advanced Members Posts: 259 ✭✭
    clubber wrote:

I got a box of blues (four piece). Hit them along kirklands which I still have quite a few left. Not close. Multiple holes with kirklands about 15-20 yards past. I wanted to like them but for me they were shorter significantly. Every hole. I previously compared kirklands to titleist pro vs, srixon, Nike platinum and snell and felt they were all very comparable. Now have to figure out what to do with the other three sleeves! Kind of bummed as I was hoping to like them. Was going to do some on course green side spin but won't give up that much Driver distance so didn't matter to me to continue.

I had the same results. Nice feel, but distance wise fell short of Kirklands/Nike RZN tour platinums/TP5X etc.
    Cobra F9 9° TBD | Titleist TS2 15º Tour AD IZ-7s

Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 3/4i | Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-7i/SC 8-P Modus3 Tour 105s

Vokey SM7 50ºF/55ºS/60ºD

Lajosi DD201 Flatcat grip
  • baloobaloo A Person Advanced Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I wonder why the 4u, 3u, 2s are in the USGAs list, but the 3s isn't. What's that about?

Is it not confirming or did they just not submit that specific model for some reason?

EDIT: I contacted them and they said they're updating the cut White design and will submit to the USGA when finished.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
  • Ace2000Ace2000 Advanced Members Posts: 483
    I just ordered a test pack of the 4u and 3u models for $12.50 shipped. Excited to put them through the paces!!
124»