Jon Rahm's on course attitude.

blackblack

Have you guys noticed how Jon Rahm is always getting pissed on the course? Noticed it a ton at Torrey this year, followed him and HVIII Thursday and Friday. Rahm made two guys stop walking about 300+ yards down the cartpath on the hole he was on! Slammed a few clubs, got mad at a rogue photographer (that one is forgivable) I like his game a lot and was rooting for him. Still surprised he won! Then just now during the Dell Matchplay, he missed a putt smacked the ball back toward him and missed, did it again until the ball got back to him damaging the green in the process. He continued to miss another on the following hole and they cut to him practicing the putt left handed after his miss! Just seems odd to me that nobody has checked him on this stuff.

[b]Callaway [/b]GBB Epic SZ 9° MRC KK Dual Core Silver Proto 60 TS
[b]Titleist[/b] 915F 15° Aldila Rogue 70X
[b]Titleist [/b]712U 3i KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Mizuno[/b] MP5 (4-9) KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Vokey[/b] SM6 48° 52° (F) 56° (M) 60° (L) DG Tour Issue s400
[b]Scotty Cameron[/b] Studio Design 3.5 34"
[b]Kirkland[/b] Signature[b], Titleist[/b] Pro V1 and [b]Srixon[/b] Z Star

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't noticed it, however I believe he was a bit of a hot head in college ?

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

I remember that being the case. It's going to be a time of maturation and with that will hopefully come less of certain things. Everybody goes though their time, and when we look back on it we always hope that we could go back and change some of them.

Some people burn hot and its never going to change. Its not that he couldnt internalize it, he doesnt know how and if he did he may not be able to mentally handle it or do it incorrectly, which would be destructive to his game. He sees the result, he hulks up about it and then relaxes so he can hit the next one.

Its not about whats right or wrong...the pros dont choose to be filmed or watched. Blame the tour for broadcasting it and selling it to you.

Or Rahm might be a complete boner and hes the same guy who complains to the grocery store manager that the shopping carts dont roll straight.

I watched him at the World Cup in November and he stood out as having a pouty attitude on the course. Seemed to be upset and complaining about everything and ignoring his fans. I love his game but this definitely put me off being a massive supporter. Would much rather watch guys like Shane Lowry and Alex Noren who were much more approachable and came across as more grounded. Might have had some other stuff going on in his life so don't want to put all the eggs into one basket!

I remember that being the case. It's going to be a time of maturation and with that will hopefully come less of certain things. Everybody goes though their time, and when we look back on it we always hope that we could go back and change some of them.

He's Spanish, he's young and he's fiery. No surprise there.

We all make mistakes. He'll learn from it.

Gentlemen please. You are supposed to be casting stones at Mr Rahm.

Yeah, rahm is a jerk! Fer crissakes, when WE were 22 we had cameras on us a bunch of the time too and we acted like absolute gentlemen.

Jeez - Thank God none of you saw me at 22 - you guys would have gone old testament on me and stoned me to death. The BEST thing I did at that age is the worst thing Rahm has done on camera so far...

I'm sorry Sean, what I was trying to say was:

Wow, he's such a terrible human being! I can't believe this guy has to be doing anything like that on the course!! We should have him banned from golf forever!

Better?

I'm sorry Sean, what I was trying to say was:

Wow, he's such a terrible human being! I can't believe this guy has to be doing anything like that on the course!! We should have him banned from golf forever!

Better?

Much! Thank you for the clarification. :-)

Have you guys noticed how Jon Rahm is always getting pissed on the course? Noticed it a ton at Torrey this year, followed him and HVIII Thursday and Friday. Rahm made two guys stop walking about 300+ yards down the cartpath on the hole he was on! Slammed a few clubs, got mad at a rogue photographer (that one is forgivable) I like his game a lot and was rooting for him. Still surprised he won! Then just now during the Dell Matchplay, he missed a putt smacked the ball back toward him and missed, did it again until the ball got back to him damaging the green in the process. He continued to miss another on the following hole and they cut to him practicing the putt left handed after his miss! Just seems odd to me that nobody has checked him on this stuff.

No, no, no youre doing it wrong. Hes just a fiery spaniard like Sergio and Seve!! its just passion for the game unless he gets to 35 without a major and then is a petulant loser... am I doing it right?

No, no, no youre doing it wrong. Hes just a fiery spaniard like Sergio and Seve!! its just passion for the game unless he gets to 35 without a major and then is a petulant loser... am I doing it right?

Hah! You should meet MtlJeff. Same kind of sense of humor. He lives in Montreal and I think he is a 1 HI. Good guy.

Hah! You should meet MtlJeff. Same kind of sense of humor. He lives in Montreal and I think he is a 1 HI. Good guy.

Ive been reading his posts for a while seems like a cool cat!

You should send him a PM. He is very approachable. Tell him I sent you...that should get a laugh out of him. :-)

Perfect haha

[b]Callaway [/b]GBB Epic SZ 9° MRC KK Dual Core Silver Proto 60 TS
[b]Titleist[/b] 915F 15° Aldila Rogue 70X
[b]Titleist [/b]712U 3i KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Mizuno[/b] MP5 (4-9) KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Vokey[/b] SM6 48° 52° (F) 56° (M) 60° (L) DG Tour Issue s400
[b]Scotty Cameron[/b] Studio Design 3.5 34"
[b]Kirkland[/b] Signature[b], Titleist[/b] Pro V1 and [b]Srixon[/b] Z Star

You should send him a PM. He is very approachable. Tell him I sent you...that should get a laugh out of him. :-)

Is this Golfwrx or Match.com?

I like to watch Rahm play, I like the aggressive style, but I have to ask... why does he get a pass for these antics and Speith gets torn a new a****** around here?? LOL Don't get me wrong, I know JS has his moments, but Rahm looks like he's one step away from going Happy Gilmore at times.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I like to watch Rahm play, I like the aggressive style, but I have to ask... why does he get a pass for these antics and Speith gets torn a new a****** around here?? LOL Don't get me wrong, I know JS has his moments, but Rahm looks like he's one step away from going Happy Gilmore at times.

I ask the same about why John Daly hasn't earned a lifetime suspension.....

Or he'll grow into John Daly.

You mean people will love him in spite of the antics?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar