2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Huge dislike for my Edel E2

Alex1975

Hi all,

I have an Edel E2 custom putter, its a beautiful thing. The fitting was really good and I was very excited to receive the putter from the US. The putter I was fitted for it very counter balanced and when fitted the thing just seemed to auto release. Since I received it I just hate it. I think it is the golf club I have hated most in my life. I have never owned a golf club that made you focus so much on contact that its to the detriment for everything else. The thing is SO sensitive. On really tricky putts its very good but on any stock putt its just awful.

Truth be told it owes me a lot of money and for that reason its stayed in my bag for about a year but with how I feel about it I really have to get rid of it don't I? I mean, its unlikely now that I will some how fall in love now?!

Anyone else had this with Edel putters?

Advice please?

Taylormade M1 8.75° - Accra FX 260 - M4
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815hy 17° - Veylix Rome 988
Srixon ZU45 2 Iron - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
Miura PP 9003 SN 4-PW - N S Pro Modus³ Tour 125S
Miura Y Grind 50° & 60° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
Miura K Grind 55° - N S Pro Modus³ 125 Wedge
Edel E2 Custom - 35"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say get some rounds under your belt with it. If you start rolling a few in consistently, it may become a bit more "easy on the eye" for you.

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

The eyes and perception interpret the world around us in ways that can be different from person to person. Also, touch and the feel in your hands can change depending on how you hold an object. For me, I can't play Titleist balls. The capital T followed by lowercase letters always look crooked on the ball to me. I can't turn the ball to hide the name because I will still know it is there, crooked. I don't use an aim line because (as you said about the putter) it is way too technically specific--it must be perfect to instill confidence. I don't need that added pressure in my game. Lack of confidence increases all the wrong emotions and tenses muscles, which reduces feel and rational thought.

Anyway, if I were you I would either get rid of the putter and move on, or experiment with grip and stance and see if you gain a different look of the putter and a different feel of swinging it and hitting a ball. IMO you're doing nothing "wrong," you're just hoping that if you continue to do the same thing, you will get a different result--and that, sir, is the definition of insanity :)

Good luck!

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G400 Driver 10.5*

TaylorMade Burner 3-wood and 5-wood REAX reg graphite

Mizuno MX-23 forged 5-PW, Mizuno forged SW, GW, LW

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: TP5 X

See: sunk cost fallacy

Sell it and move on, you will be happier in the long run!

Ping G425 Max 9*// Ventus Velo Black 6x
TM Stealth+ 15* // HZRDUS Smoke Red 6.5
Ping G425 Hybrid 19* // Tensei Pro Orange 80S
Mizuno 919 Forged 4-GW // KBS Tour V 110 S
Ping Glide 3.0 56.14* WS / SM7 Raw 60.04* // S200
Ping Redwood ZB // Lamkin Sinkfit Straight

I absolutely hate mine too. Same experience. Went through detailed fitting but the product is junk. Only reason it's still in my garage is I can't give it away.

I am sort of glad to hear that in a strange way.

Edel E2 Custom - 35"

He probably means is good On short putts but he has no distance control for mid to long ones. ? Maybe? Would make sense as its a common counter balance gripe. ( me too ). Short putts are automatic With them. But you may not lag one close all day.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So it's the putter that's "awful on stock putts"?

Short on post count? I know my limitations.... I am in the putter section talking about my putter....

Edel E2 Custom - 35"

I am the same as well, enjoyed the fitting and idea behind it, but i have a straight back and through stroke and the "torque balance" is what, I think, is screwing me up. I used it for 5 rounds and a lot of practice and just went back to the spider without second thoughts. I wish I liked it more, but to me the shaft bend in the thing is just so weird when I address the ball, its as though the shaft is in my way; it looks like its center shafted but when I take it back it's all messed up and doesn't move like a center shafted putter.

All in all, I am going to try and sell it when I get around to it, if I can get $150 for it I'd be happy...such is life.

Short on post count? I know my limitations.... I am in the putter section talking about my putter....

lol fair enough man. It just seems you have stuck with it for a year while hating it, are convinced it's the problem, and are still wanting opinions on what to do.

looking forward to your "My driver it just terrible at hitting the ball straight" thread

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

From my experience comma unless you roll a putter under real conditions on a real green on real golf courses as opposed to indoor putting greens you will never be sure if you like a putter or not. I purchased a TaylorMade Spider blade counterbalance putter based on the fact of how well I rolled the putter at the store's imitation green, and I was making putts left and right with great success. Yet when I took it out into real life situations on the golf course it felt like I was putting with a croquet mallet with no feel for lagging distance at all. I completely hated the thing! I'm sensing this is how you determined to buy your putter was from all indoor testing and simulators and such, but nothing is like a real putting green.

lol fair enough man. It just seems you have stuck with it for a year while hating it, are convinced it's the problem, and are still wanting opinions on what to do.

looking forward to your "My driver it just terrible at hitting the ball straight" thread

Ahh it is a post count thing, you have nothing to offer and a small manhood.... its all good bro.

Edel E2 Custom - 35"

I have both an Edel E2 with the heavy weight in the heel as well as a Brick with heavy weight in the heel. E2 is 33" with thicker big dog grip. Brick has the UST filtered shaft and round grip. Brick is automatic from inside 5' but any further out, it's a bit of a crap shoot like the face has some dead spots. The E2 is more consistent with the pixl face and is automatic from inside 6' for me. But again, longer putts struggle. I'll nestle them up close but I don't really find myself making a lot of long putts with it. Then If I compare them to my Bettinardi Inovai, Bettinardi has a lot higher probability of draining a longer putt than the Edel. Not sure if it's comfort with Betti, alignment, or the roll that comes off the face. I think I just need more time to get in the groove with the Edel and I'll be able to drain longer putts.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Ahh it is a post count thing, you have nothing to offer and a small manhood.... its all good bro.

Ah, you're creepy and a s****y putter?

I'll try taking your original complaint seriously for a second. In all honesty i say give it another year minimum. Maybe "it" will get better at those stock putts "it's" awful at now. Hopefully "it" won't get worse at those tricky putts "it" currently excels at. And, with any luck, "it" will be able to reimburse you for the money "it" owes you. Bro

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

From my experience comma unless you roll a putter under real conditions on a real green on real golf courses as opposed to indoor putting greens you will never be sure if you like a putter or not. I purchased a TaylorMade Spider blade counterbalance putter based on the fact of how well I rolled the putter at the store's imitation green, and I was making putts left and right with great success. Yet when I took it out into real life situations on the golf course it felt like I was putting with a croquet mallet with no feel for lagging distance at all. I completely hated the thing! I'm sensing this is how you determined to buy your putter was from all indoor testing and simulators and such, but nothing is like a real putting green.

100% agree with this.

100% agree with this.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Ah, you're creepy and a s****y putter?

I'll try taking your original complaint seriously for a second. In all honesty i say give it another year minimum. Maybe "it" will get better at those stock putts "it's" awful at now. Hopefully "it" won't get worse at those tricky putts "it" currently excels at. And, with any luck, "it" will be able to reimburse you for the money "it" owes you. Bro

Let me be clear for YOU as your are obviously not very bright (no one else seemed to struggle). With it in my hand I am very good at fiddly putts, down hill, left to right, right to left. With it in my hand on straightforward putts have less confidence and worse results. CLEARLY ITS NOT THE PUTTER, ITS JUST A BIT OF METAL. Thanks for crashing the thread that I was enjoying. Sad sad little man....

Thank you other posters for your time. We are sleeping in other rooms. The only real reasons I am persisting is that it owns me a lot of money and as with the Edel you do get a putter that is right for you to aim.

Cant stand the cut our toe, cant stand the insert and the shaft feels like it made of hose(it all just feels soft). I am just going to have to suck it up and move on.

I shall check back to see if others love/hate their Edel, I am really just interest to see if there is a theme here.

Edel E2 Custom - 35"

I really wanted to like them since they are built only about 10 miles from my house, but I couldn't find any that I liked E1 or E2 during my fitting at their shop.

My dad on the other hand was fit for an E2 and I've never seen him putt better in his life.

[size=3]PING G400 Max 9° Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60S
Callaway GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 450 ES F4
Callaway GBB Epic 3, 4 UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue 5-AW True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300
PING Glide 2.0 54° SS, 58° ES AWT 2.0
Toulon Garage Columbus
TaylorMade 2017 TP5[/size]

This is not helping my impending order. Only reason I did not order when I got fitted at the PGA show in 2016 was because I didn't get some time to try putts after I was fit.

Picked up a Tank Cruiser #7 a the Golfsmith shutdown because I have always made everything I looked at in the store with that putter. I am definitely having some distance issues on the course with it, most of my putts are short of the hole. The ones that get there are money though. The MK6.4-GT might go back in the bag. It has had a great run.

I really wanted to like them since they are built only about 10 miles from my house, but I couldn't find any that I liked E1 or E2 during my fitting at their shop.

My dad on the other hand was fit for an E2 and I've never seen him putt better in his life.

Interesting. I guess he likes that the toe squares up fast with no weight in it. It is a nice feeling. It would have been cool to get fitted by David at Edel up the road from you. I do like the look of the workbench putters.

I was just chatting to a guy about and Evnroll Putter and he was saying that with the Edel putters the sweet spot is deep in the heal end... this is likely my dislike and the fact that I am having to work more about stroke than roll or line.

Edel E2 Custom - 35"

Interesting. I guess he likes that the toe squares up fast with no weight in it. It is a nice feeling. It would have been cool to get fitted by David at Edel up the road from you. I do like the look of the workbench putters.

I was just chatting to a guy about and Evnroll Putter and he was saying that with the Edel putters the sweet spot is deep in the heal end... this is likely my dislike and the fact that I am having to work more about stroke than roll or line.

David and his son were there working on the single length irons (this was just before the PGA show). Lots of neat putters and wedges from the workbench.

I think my dad is more of a heel putter, so maybe that's why the fit seems to be working better for him.

[size=3]PING G400 Max 9° Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60S
Callaway GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 450 ES F4
Callaway GBB Epic 3, 4 UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue 5-AW True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300
PING Glide 2.0 54° SS, 58° ES AWT 2.0
Toulon Garage Columbus
TaylorMade 2017 TP5[/size]

I really like my Edel E-3, but can attest that the fitting for counterbalancing can move the sweet spot into the heel. I lucked out working with a fantastic fitter who was able to help get around some of that when my order went in. Feel is very different off the pixel insert and the hosel messes with a lot of people who pick it up.

As it's plagued you this much already I would try to offload it and move on to something you're more confident with.

Utterly in love with my Edel and my fitting was spot on, but its not a counter balance model. I heard there are less customization options for those?

Either way, sell it and move on. Life's too short to stick with a putter you hate.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT