R15 430

SmiterOfPv1x

Hello all, I'm new here but not to golf. I've been playing a Cobra Amp Cell for the past two years and it's a great club... or so I thought. It was long, about 20 yards more so than my last driver, straight, and extremely forgiving. But being the golf but that I am I found a great deal on this club and pounced on it. Wow.

I'm long and as such score by overpowering golf courses. Most around here are in the 6500 yards range tops so I hit a lot of driver/wedge. My short game is ok but has never been anything other than streaky good at best. This club is a game changer for me. I got the 9.5 x-shaft which I immediately (despite advice to the contrary) cranked down to 7.5. I could hit a 0 loft that looked like a PW so getting the ball up is not a problem. More of a problem in the reverse. I'd hit this club in the range a couple times and found my best setting (despite my usual ball flight being a high fade) to be with the weights split on either end of the track. With them there, I was hitting a penetrating draw on center contact.

My home course opened today so I took it out for an actual round. This club is 40 yards plus longer than my Cobra. Opening hole is 515 yards, my previous best drive on it I had an 8 iron in. Today, despite the ball literally sitting beside its own ball mark I was sitting at 120. Granted it was downwind (around 10 mph) and downhill (not drastic but helping). Did I dead but flush that one? You bet, but the next driving hole was 362 and I slightly toed it and was still pin high. I think that this is going to be a very fun season!

Sorry so long and no doubt boring but I'm stoked as all get out. I'm 38 and hitting the ball 100 yards further than when I was 28. I can't believe how good the new equipment is. When a slight mishit only costs me 10-15 yards and still goes 30 yards further than my last club when I'd kill it? Life is good. Funny thing is is hit the 460 last year and wasn't impressed by it. It wasn't much longer than my Cobra and I hit it way too high no matter how I set it up. This ones the real deal for me and I doubt it could be improved for my swing. Cheers!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oy

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

"the next driving hole was 362 and I slightly toed it and was still pin high."

Classic.

Congrats BSC on awarding my 400th GolfWRX "like". Didn't expect it to happen on a one word post but it seems fitting given the banter we've had regarding eldrick in the past. God bless!

Edit - not only that but for for it to occur on a thread that will soon be locked makes it that much more meaningful!

Lol. Tough crowd. I'm new here, stated as such. Point me in the right direction and I'll gladly stay there. As an aside been there done that with the tour thing, short game is not my forte. That keeps me from being a name you'll know. That said, most of the time, on new site, most would say "welcome" Since y'all seem to like the road that is slightly below that, and instead of pointing me in the right direction, allow me a retort: If any of you would like to see who can mash a Prov1x further, and you have substantial amounts of dough, please feel free to pm me. I'll even be nice and just play the Cobra.

Is this how y'all treat new folk? Seriously. This is crap. A new member is excited about a driver most of you couldn't handle and you knock it? I'll play money that my Cobra goes further. If you're feeling adventurous than allow my the R15. I placed in a LD competition 20 years ago and I hit much further now. I'll provide proof if needed, otherwise don't be a jerk to someone that's new here. That's crap and you know it. Go ahead and have your laugh. I can hit it further than you. This stated as happy and now you've got me fired up. Congrats. Now meet me in person and tell me that I can't push it just a smidge past you. There's about three people that can. You're not one of them. Thanks for the warm welcome, jerks!!

A million ways this could have ended and a group of *hats have turned it here. Well done. I feel great about this sight. I realize this site doesn't need member 400,000,1 but dang. I'd hate to see y'all spout that crap on someone that turns a meek cheek. You'd probably Joe Mixon'm them. Thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to know that I'm welcome here. Offer stands, you think you can hit it last me than feel free to pm details. You can't. So quit being a bunch of hats. Thx

If you doubt a slightly toed drive ends pin high there then you haven't played with me. The last thing I'd do I'd lie about my abilities. As a complete golfer I leave a little to be desired. As a pure masher of balls? There's a couple of people that can hang, maybe even a couple that can top me. None of you are that person. So maybe instead maybe say "hey newbie, thanks for your contribution.... but in the future please post in xyz forum". That I can abide. How the heck am I supposed to know where to post? I'm new. I did make a run at the tour, back then the under tour was called something other than the "Web" tour. My short game suck, comparatively. That's why I now make a living doing something other than golf. Doesn't mean I was far off. I wasn't. Not tooting my own horn, but I did shoot a 29 on a par 36 back nine as recent as last year.

Forgive me for being excited. If I posted in the wrong spot, point me the right direction. Don't be a complete and utter jerk to me. What did I do to deserve that? Noting. Way to welcome a stranger. I was raised better than that. Maybe you weren't so learn something from it.

One thing is for sure, you guys are taking the joy out of this site for me. Congrats. You obviously don't need someone that's BTDT talking about their experiences. Congrats for making this a place where I'm not welcome. JHC, I was excited about a new club. I now know from y'all that it's a POS that never should have been born.

Tour and long drive cards now played - should say slow played. Thanks, it would have been overwhelming in the first post!

Glad you hit it far.

Hawkeye-why be an assbutt? Simply point in the direction I should be. I've never met a place so hostile to new members. I'm a "character". Isn't that what's life about? Yes I've played some events, way back when. Never made a single cut in big tournies. Oh well. I can kill a golf ball. That much is verifiable. Why is everyone being such a **** to me? If I posted in the wrong place, simply point me in the right direction. Instead it's almost like y'all were waiting on me to show up? Why?? Is your life that shallow? "Hey guys, we've got someone that's happy with his "new" driver.... let's see how far we can piss him off". Thanks for msing me feel welcome. Great site you have hear guys. I'm going to leave you to your back patting and generally sucky golf and mosey my way somewhere else where opinions are valued and people treat people right. So sorry I didn't fit your cookie cutter image. And sorry as hell that my new driver excites me. Even with its +1' x shaft and functional 7.5 loft that absolutely annihilates the ball in front of it. Sorry if that offends y'all. Have fun with your wedge into par 5's. I'll have them too. The difference is mine will be for eagle putts. Good riddance. I'm gone if someone can't say something nice tonight. If that's not you, go ahead and have your 15th Wild Turkey of the evening. Jeesh. GD.

Is there a nice persons out there that can say something nice? I'll stick around for a bit if there is. Just one nice line like "welcome fellow golfer" or similar. Instead of someone that does not know me knocking everything I've ever done. How silly. I joined this because I thought it was filled with a bunch of golf nuts. At this point in thinkkh it's filled with the latter. Prove me wrong. This place looks interesting but I will not tolerate the abuse thrown my way. One nice person? Please???

Sorry about the rough intro Lavar. Members here like to joke around but you will enjoy the journey. Your first assignment as a member of the forum is to google the story of Jonescott and you will start having fun. Check the classic threads open by Pure745 and Richard, and contribute your 2 cents to the Kirkland Signature thread.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thank you. I like to joke around too. Heck, if my face is straight it's only because I'm trying to set up a joke. That said I wasn't feeling many warm and fuzzies. At least I know there is one decent human being there on here.

Again if some is to tell me where this belongs I'll gladly pack up and try again. Tough crowd.

Could this be a side effect of cutting all sugar from ones diet?

The distance or the post?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar