Baffler F6 that good?

Comments

• IsleOfManIsleOfMan  2309Members Posts: 2,309
    adh2k1 wrote:

It is a great club for me from every lie except off a tee. It fits a great gap between 3-4 to a 7 wood.

How does it stack up yardage wise to a traditional 5w? I don't carry a 3w... go Driver / 17* Fairway / 22* Hybrid and my gaps are around 245/220/200. My 17* is a 5w adjusted -1* and I don't really feel like I need a club BETWEEN my 17* fairway and 22* hybrid, so would the Baffler @ 17.5* most likely be comparable, or would it come up short and skew my current gaps?
    Posted:
    Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
    Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font] 4h 22* | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
    Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw | TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
    Cobra King WideLow 56* & 60* | TT Dynamic Gold S200
    Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter | 35" Counterbalance
    Ogio OZone Cart | Ogio Shredder Stand | Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 28576Members Posts: 28,576
    i play mine at 16 and it isnt short..... it gaps nicely in front of the king utility im playing at 19.5 behind it ..hope that helps
    Posted:
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Cameron ICC prototype CT Fastback Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• IsleOfManIsleOfMan  2309Members Posts: 2,309
    Makes me think it should work as expected... now to watch for a deal...
    Posted:
    Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
    Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font] 4h 22* | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
    Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw | TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
    Cobra King WideLow 56* & 60* | TT Dynamic Gold S200
    Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter | 35" Counterbalance
    Ogio OZone Cart | Ogio Shredder Stand | Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand
  • ksgolfguy007ksgolfguy007  499Members Posts: 499
    I just ordered a used one with Kuro Kage Silver 70 TiNi

I can't wait to try it out. It will replace my 2iron from time to time
    Posted:
    Rogue sub zero 9* Hzrdus yellow crafted 6.5 flex
    Rogue sub zero 13.5* Hzrdus yellow 6.5 flex
    917 F2 18* Speeder Pro TS 84 X
    PXG 0311x 2i OTI tour 80x
    PXG 0311 4-PW OTI tour 100x
    Vokey SM6 Chrome 54*,62*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport
  • KingMike KingMike  409Members Posts: 409
    Does this club have that high, metallic, "tink" sound?

What is the closest older model to this design?
    Posted:
    Nike driver that looks like a Christmas tree ornament
    Wilson ProStaff 3 hybrid stock UST 
    Tommy Armour V25's s300 4-P
    Vokey 52 (old)
    Acushnet Bullseye putter with Ping grip
  • spartY84spartY84  97Members Posts: 97
    KingMike wrote:

Everyone will have a different feeling but I feel a nice "thwack" when I hit mine squarely. Just solid. Nothing like what you described.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • backbonzbackbonz  404Members Posts: 404
    Agree with the more solid "thwack". I currently play mine with an elements chrome+.
    Posted:
  • i*windowsi*windows  2236Members Posts: 2,236
    Cleveland Mashie - they are giving them away. rails on the bottom, just great clubs
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • Russ757Russ757  7662Members Posts: 7,662
    i*windows wrote:

Cleveland Mashie - they are giving them away. rails on the bottom, just great clubs

Dat offset doe...
    Posted:
  • StonewalledStonewalled  1565Members Posts: 1,565
    My F6 4/5 saved my dignity during last golf outing.

Hole 18 i had teed up the ball to high and hit a driver straight up and landed 50 yards over on top of what looked like a windrow of hay between the 18th fairway and driving range. The ball was sitting in the windrow in a way that made it look it was sitting in bottom of a wave of water. Looking at the lie i figured h-ll can't embarrass myself any worse than i already had so why not hit the baffler. Not sure how i made contact but the ball just screamed out of there like i hit it off a nice lush fairway. A trio of nice shot was heard and once again the baffler came thru with flying colours. Been golfing 30 plus years and that was the worse lie i can ever remember. I want to see Rick Shiel's try that shot. lol

Anyone have the new Baffler hybrid?? 3 wood??
    Posted:
  • KingMike KingMike  409Members Posts: 409
    spartY84 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Everyone will have a different feeling but I feel a nice "thwack" when I hit mine squarely. Just solid. Nothing like what you described.

Thwack sounds good. Someone reported a "tink", which I'm no fan of.
    Posted:
    Nike driver that looks like a Christmas tree ornament
    Wilson ProStaff 3 hybrid stock UST 
    Tommy Armour V25's s300 4-P
    Vokey 52 (old)
    Acushnet Bullseye putter with Ping grip

Advertisement
  • wkndhackwkndhack  913Members Posts: 913
    I have two, one with Tour Blue and one with Chrome plus. I love this club. Great feel when you flush one, which you do all the time, because it's super easy.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
    Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
    Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
    Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
    Bettinardi QB8
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Shayan1121Shayan1121  573Members Posts: 573
    Was a great club for me. Small compact head that was great out of most lies. I tended to use it more as a hybrid than a wood. I can't say how much the rails work or not, but for some reason I felt like they helped me make better contact with the ball and turf. It may have been a placebo effect, but who really cares. The club was surprisingly long. I though it would be a substitute for my hybrid, but it was a bit longer than it. When struck well it had a great solid feel. Very nice high and penetrating ball flight with the HZRDUS shaft. I think it would be a great club for a minimalist bag or someone just trying to go out with a few less clubs at the top. I could see me walking a round with a driver, this set to 18* or 19*, then 5-Sand wedge, and putter.

As for why I moved on: If you want something off the tee this is not the club IMO. When hit well it was high and long, but the smaller head did not give me confidence off the tee. That, coupled with the fact that it did not really fit my gapping well. Was carrying it out to 235 when it was set to 17* my 19* hybrid was at 220-225 and my fairway was at 240+. I really just did not need a club to be between them. It wasn't long enough or good enough off the tee to drop the fairway. And I am just too consistent and comfortable with my hybrid to drop that. I ultimately opted for an extra wedge instead. Was fond of the club, and wouldn't hesitate to play it again if I felt like I needed it.

Also Rock bottom has them for 129.99
    Posted:
    Link: http://www.golfwrx.c...72-juices-witb/
    Callaway Epic 12.5* w/ AD GP 5 S
    Taylormade M2 HL 3 wood w/ AD DI 6 S
    Callaway Epic 19* Hybrid w/ Speeder 865 S
    Callaway Epic 22* Hybrid w/ Speeder 865 S
    Srixon U65 23* w/ Steelfiber i110 S
    Srixon Z545 LE Black 6-SW w/ Steelfiber i110 S Hardstepped
    Mack Daddy PM 58* w/ Steelfiber i125 S
    Scotty Cameron Prototype Newport 2 Beach CS
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 28576Members Posts: 28,576
    KingMike wrote:

spartY84 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Thwack sounds good. Someone reported a "tink", which I'm no fan of.

It's definitely a thwack. More toward the neck you hit it the louder the twack is. Dead middle is pretty muted.
    Posted:
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Cameron ICC prototype CT Fastback Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• SARFSARF  47Members Posts: 47
    Want one, can not find one in the UK for sale with a stiff shaft... image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    Posted:
  • jasonp87jasonp87  2138Members Posts: 2,138
    Great frigging club.

Hands down my favourite
    Posted:
    Driver
    TM M6 (9) Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X 45"
    3W
    TM M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
    5W
    TM M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
    3i
    TM TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
    Irons
    Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) Modus 3 125X
    Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge
    Putter
    TM Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR

Advertisement
  • mulliganman30mulliganman30  1115Members Posts: 1,115
    Shayan1121 wrote:

Was a great club for me. Small compact head that was great out of most lies. I tended to use it more as a hybrid than a wood. I can't say how much the rails work or not, but for some reason I felt like they helped me make better contact with the ball and turf. It may have been a placebo effect, but who really cares. The club was surprisingly long. I though it would be a substitute for my hybrid, but it was a bit longer than it. When struck well it had a great solid feel. Very nice high and penetrating ball flight with the HZRDUS shaft. I think it would be a great club for a minimalist bag or someone just trying to go out with a few less clubs at the top. I could see me walking a round with a driver, this set to 18* or 19*, then 5-Sand wedge, and putter.

As for why I moved on: If you want something off the tee this is not the club IMO. When hit well it was high and long, but the smaller head did not give me confidence off the tee. That, coupled with the fact that it did not really fit my gapping well. Was carrying it out to 235 when it was set to 17* my 19* hybrid was at 220-225 and my fairway was at 240+. I really just did not need a club to be between them. It wasn't long enough or good enough off the tee to drop the fairway. And I am just too consistent and comfortable with my hybrid to drop that. I ultimately opted for an extra wedge instead. Was fond of the club, and wouldn't hesitate to play it again if I felt like I needed it.

Shayan1121 wrote:

I think I agree with the basic premise here. I don't think you will want the club if its also a tee alternative you are looking for. However, if you looking for a primarily off the deck fairway its hard to beat its ease of use. I just got a Black Hzrdus from Cobra in mine set at 16 and am loving it so far. I've even got an additional two still new in the plastic because they've been so cheap...

Posted:
  • BMRiskoBMRisko  162Members Posts: 162

I think I agree with the basic premise here. I don't think you will want the club if its also a tee alternative you are looking for. However, if you looking for a primarily off the deck fairway its hard to beat its ease of use. I just got a Black Hzrdus from Cobra in mine set at 16 and am loving it so far. I've even got an additional two still new in the plastic because they've been so cheap...

If you don't mind me asking, what did that shaft run you directly from Cobra?
    Posted:
  • mulliganman30mulliganman30  1115Members Posts: 1,115
    $180 with adapter
    Posted:
  • pleadguitarpleadguitar Sudbury, Ontario 681Members Posts: 681
    Yes, buy it. Heck, buy me one too!
    Posted:
    Cobra F6+ Pro 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70X 44.5"
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Project X pxv 6.0
    Cobra S2 Forged 3-PW Nippon NSPro1130 Tour 
    Cobra King PUR 50°V-54.5°V DG S300
    Callaway PM Grind 59° DG S300
    Wilson Staff 8802 Milled 32.5"
    Titleist DT Trusoft/ Callaway Superhot 
  • BMRiskoBMRisko  162Members Posts: 162

$180 with adapter

Not bad at all, thanks!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • HoosierHacker89HoosierHacker89 Indianapolis 2707Members Posts: 2,707
    Are folks still loving this club? Been looking for one on here for weeks, but they don’t turn up much. Ebay has slim picking as well it seems
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D3
    R7 steel 4 wood
    Cleveland Ta 5 3-P
    Cleveland 588 51/56
    Odyssey white hot 2 ball
  • bcsquarebcsquare  294Members Posts: 294
    Might want to check out Global Golf or Dallas Golf. I picked mine up off the latter on eBay.

I'm thinking with the recent release of F8, it would be easier to find an F7 fairway which has the Baffler rails as well.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5*, PX HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
    Cobra F9 3W 13.5*, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Cobra F9 5W 17.5*, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist SM7 50.12F, 56.08M, 60.08M, Project X LZ 6.0
    Taylormade My Spider X
  • Belmont148Belmont148  1508Members Posts: 1,508
    I got mine on here a few weeks ago. They pop up every now and then. I think cobra.com still has new for $150. Personally, before paying that I would get the F8+ as it looks like the same head but with a carbon crown to give it the low CG like the LTD but everything else the baffler had. Probably solves the teeing issues with the F6.
    Posted:
    Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • rjr25rjr25 New Hampshire 265Members Posts: 265
    I just recently got one and have been loving it so far. For me I always struggle with the size of fw and hitting them off the deck, the compact size of the baffler just works for me. Plus the rails, its probably just placebo effect but so far so good for me. I landed one off ebay a month or two back but I would imagine some coming up with new clubs hitting the shelves. Ive seen a few pop up on here in the bst as well
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 - 9 degree - Atmos Black TS 6S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16.5
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19
    Cobra F8 OL Hybrid 22
    Cobra F7 OL 5&6
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 7-GW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES
    Evnroll ER2 Midblade 35
  • PopIt&DropItPopIt&DropIt  253Members Posts: 253
    Belmont148 wrote:

I got mine on here a few weeks ago. They pop up every now and then. I think cobra.com still has new for $150. Personally, before paying that I would get the F8+ as it looks like the same head but with a carbon crown to give it the low CG like the LTD but everything else the baffler had. Probably solves the teeing issues with the F6.

I was in the market for a baffler but couldn't find any new and just decided to make one out of an f8+ considering how compact the head is. So I have a 4-5 F8+ shortened to 41.75 on the way. I'll update my thoughts on it ITT if people are interested.

If I could have found a new baffler with a shaft option I would consider I probably would have done that just for simplicity but I'm guessing this will work out just as well if not better in the end.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner  4901Members Posts: 4,901
    I just sold one with a stiff shaft to Global Golf that was in pretty good shape if anybody wants to keep an eye out. I like it out of bad lies/off fairways, but wasn't a huge fan off the tee. A big part of tht was the shaft though - the stock Matrix is a noodle and I like my fairway shafts to be a little stouter than my driver shaft.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • cmatthews77cmatthews77 AL 879Members Posts: 879
    I bought one of these new from cobragolf for my 13YO son for Christmas to use as his only fairway. It's a fun club to hit. Great value.
    Posted:
    Callaway
    Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree - Hzrdus Yellow HC
    GBB Epic 3W (14) - Fubuki ax 
    GBB Epic 5W (18) - Project X HZRDUS
    Apex 3 (20) & 4 (23) Hybrid- Kuro Kage
    '16 Apex CF16 (5i), '16 Apex Pro (6,7), '18 Apex MB (8-PW) Recoil 95
    MD3 Black 52 & '19 PM Grind 58
    Toulon Design Odyssey Atlanta
  • DickieThonDickieThon  1101Members Posts: 1,101
    If anyone wants mine get at me- tried it on the range and it’s a great club that I have no spot for.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • chisagchisag  3103Members Posts: 3,103
    ... Nothing wrong with the metal F6/F7 fairway woods, especially for the price, but the carbon crown on the F8 and F8+ just take these to another level. Combined with the ability to order one with quite a few free upgrade shafts was too much for me to ignore and ordered a F8 4/5 with a 75gm Even Flow Blue. After hitting all the fw's at Demo Day, for me at least the F8 with the Even Flow was a clear winner.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour Length ... Tensei Orange 65s
    Cobra F9 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s
    Cobra F8 18.5* ... Even Flow Blue 75s
    TaylorMade GAPR Mid ... KBS 80Hys
    TaylorMade UDi 18* TP 2 iron... Kuro Kage Black 90Hys
    4-pw TaylorMade P760/90 ... Recoil Prototype 95's
    SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
    Bobby Grace 6330 ... 33.5"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji