Wilson Duo Urethane

124»

Comments

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6567WRX Points: 267Posts: 6,567 Titanium Tees

I am not sure where you can find them. Used maybe? Why not dry the Duo Pro? Just a few ticks higher on compression. Also, if you like a white ball. It is not matte.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19372WRX Points: 1,452Posts: 19,372 Titanium Tees

On -, @Jordan Speeth said:

Sorry for chiming in so late but I just discovered the Duo U a few weeks ago when searching for a good, long ball for slower swing speeds. I've lost about 15mph in the last 3 years (of cancer treatment) and this ball has brought the fun back to my game. It sounds and feels amazing and probably carries a bit further than my B330's and MTB blacks. I'm looking for more of them and I hope that members will continue to post when they find good deals on them. I picked up a dozen on eBay for $25 and I was ok with that.

Found this using google. There may be cheaper prices but this is not too bad...https://www.carlsgolfland.com/wilson-duo-urethane-golf-balls?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnpXmBRDUARIsAEo71tSABv9yAbcA_c2QzwTrQqYKDoDNBektqqaSZhUZsB4koAWiYgUC4ugaAr4_EALw_wcB

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • Xdmike20Xdmike20 Members  108WRX Points: 42Posts: 108 Fairways

Nor sure if you saw the new ball review but I have now been rethinking my decision to get a dozen of these

Posted:
    DRIVER- Cobra LTD (Ozik Black Tie)[/font][/color]
    3 WOOD- Cobra Fly-Z (Ozik White Tie)[/font][/color]
    HYBRID- Cobra Bio Cell (19* Project X)[/font][/color]
    IRONS- Cobra Pro CB 2008 (Soft stepped PX6.0)[/font][/color]
    GAP- Vokey SM4 50*[/font][/color]
    SAND- Vokey SM5 54* S grind[/font][/color]
    LOB- Vokey SM5 58* S grind[/font][/color]
    PUTTER- Odyssey O-works 1W red[/font][/color]
    BALL- Nike RZN Tour Platinum(until my stash is gone)[/font][/color]
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Minnesota, USAMembers  7129WRX Points: 1,158Handicap: 7Posts: 7,129 Titanium Tees

On -, @Xdmike20 said:

Nor sure if you saw the new ball review but I have now been rethinking my decision to get a dozen of these

No reason not to get Duo Urethane based on that ball test. The only thing the test showed was that the Duo Pro was slower with ball speed for a 115 mph swinger. The difference for the 85mph swinger was much less. And the difference with the 7i and wedge were about 1mph each.

That's marginal.

The test even says you should pick your ball starting with the green. There's nothing in that test that suggests the ball doesn't perform around the greens. I've continued using the Duo U so far this year, it's behaving wonderfully for me. I'm considering buying more of them.

Don't get too wrapped up in the subjective conclusions or misconceptions about the test. Look at ball speeds and spin rates, not the distance numbers, which can have other influences.

FWIW, my driver swingspeed is around 110. I'm not afraid to play this ball. {shrug}

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 43.25"
    3w:  Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 42.25"
    2i:  Mizuno Pro, DGS300
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black, Vice Pro Lime... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

Sometimes carry 1-SW Golden Ram Tour Grinds w/Dynamic S or 1-SW Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5
    On occasion, Ram 1i or Mizuno 2i replaced with Orlimar persimmon 4w, Dynamic S

Driver Substitutes: Golden Ram TW801, TW802, or TW805
  • deepreddeepred Members  315WRX Points: 93Handicap: 12Posts: 315 Greens

As I read the test it only measured driver carry distance, not total distance. I wonder what the numbers truly are. I know Crossfield tested the European version and its total distance was the same as the PV1 and Velocity.

Posted:
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
    Maltby MXU 23* 
    Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
    Wilson Pi5 6-PW
    Wilson JP 55* SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ray Cook M2 Mallet
  • arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers  648WRX Points: 352Handicap: 14.5Posts: 648 Golden Tee

On -, @NRJyzr said:

On -, @Xdmike20 said:

No reason not to get Duo Urethane based on that ball test. The only thing the test showed was that the Duo Pro was slower with ball speed for a 115 mph swinger. The difference for the 85mph swinger was much less. And the difference with the 7i and wedge were about 1mph each.

That's marginal.

The test even says you should pick your ball starting with the green. There's nothing in that test that suggests the ball doesn't perform around the greens. I've continued using the Duo U so far this year, it's behaving wonderfully for me. I'm considering buying more of them.

Don't get too wrapped up in the subjective conclusions or misconceptions about the test. Look at ball speeds and spin rates, not the distance numbers, which can have other influences.

FWIW, my driver swingspeed is around 110. I'm not afraid to play this ball. {shrug}

The ball speed difference with the 7i and Wedge were marginal, but the spin was not. If you can afford to give up 400-500RPM of spin with wedges and irons, the ball will be fine. If you need that spin, it will be less fine. The thing that I find humorous, is that the players who probably benefit most from the spin reductions on wedges and irons (high swing speed players who generate a ton of spin) are also the ones who would be hurt the most by distance losses off the driver.

That being said, the Duo U isn't a bad ball at all. You just can't expect it to spin quite as much as the firmer options which may be beneficial to you. If you like the feel of it and the price of it, there's no reason to dump it.

Posted:
    Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Ping G410 4H
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.