TollBros WITB

TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test RangeSponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
edited Mar 5, 2019 12:42am in What's In The Bag Photo Edition #1
Not the most expected of bags I know. I'm not really a latest and greatest type of guy unless the technology is obvious and measurable. Hence my use of a pretty old driver head and a fairway wood from several seasons ago. The shafts are where the real tech lies these days, and you'll always see me with the best that there is to offer, but honestly, club heads are pretty much on a lateral plane since about 2009, and I simply play whatever I like the look of and has a very deep face with reasonable forgiveness. I will also say the P790 irons weren't something I was really looking at until we did testing on them and I was blown away by how good they felt, how high they launched with low spin, and how hot they were. I'm not actively searching for distance in my irons, but when it falls into my lap in a beautiful package, I'm taking it!

Taylormade M5 Tour Issue 8.5 (7.7 true loft, .9 open)

Aldila Rogue 130 White (Tour profile)

75tx

Tipped 1 inch

44.5 inches

D2.5

Grip Master Kangaroo Midsize

Taylormade M2 Deep Face Tour Issue TS (14.1, 3 open)

Aldila Rogue 130 White 80TX

Tipped 1.25 inches

42.5 inches

D2

Taylormade UDI TP #3

Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White Hyb 100tx

Tipped 1 inch

40 Inches

D2

Taylormade UDI TP #4

KBS C-TAPER 130x

1/2 inch short

D2

Taylormade P790 5-PW

KBS C-TAPER 130x

1/4 inch long

D3

Taylormade Milled Grind 50

KBS C-TAPER 130x

Standard Length

D4

Callaway MD3 54 S-Grind

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Standard Length

D4

Taylormade EF 58 degree

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Standard Length

D4

Taylormade Spider Limited

Black/Red

33.5 inches

Lamkin Sink 11 Square Oversized

Taylormade TP5x Ball
Post edited by Unknown User on
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Comments

• tyrotyro Members Posts: 2,604 ✭✭
    Very nice!

If it were my bag, that snake would scare me every time I went for a club! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • DE-ILLINIDE-ILLINI Members Posts: 322 ✭✭
    Cool head cover.
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    4W: Ping G15
    3H & 4H: Cobra Baffler
    5 - SW: Ping G25
    58*: Cleveland CBX
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    tyro wrote:

Very nice!

If it were my bag, that snake would scare me every time I went for a club! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's the only animal cover I've seen that actually looks semi realistic. It gets some definite nervous second looks.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    edited Apr 8, 2017 #5
    TollBros wrote:

tyro wrote:

Very nice!

It's the only animal cover I've seen that actually looks semi realistic. It gets some definite nervous second looks.

Ha! I guess it keeps your bag safe!

The driver numbers are just insane!?!?!
  • Jwin323Jwin323 Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭
    Sweet setup. Definitely a power player's bag.
    Jwin323 wrote:

Sweet setup. Definitely a power player's bag.

I've hit and tested 80% of what's out there and just can't find anything better for me. The 2016 M2 line is/was legendary. The 8.5 2017 M2 did just hit the conforming list so I'd like to hit one close to my playing specs.

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,602 ✭✭
    I'm surprised by the MP-54's. I would have bet you'd be gaming blades.
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 115 Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5
    noodle3872 wrote:

I don't like the pressure of having to pure everything to be honest. Mildly spotty long iron play is the weakness of my game so the UDI's help a lot, and I do prefer the transition into an iron with some forgiveness. Offset is minimal, head size is relatively compact but they still give me just enough margin for error to feel completely confident over the ball.

• kyle75kyle75 Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Great bag and some serious Trackman numbers! That headcover would freak me out since I'm terrified of snakes.
    TollBros wrote:

noodle3872 wrote:

I don't like the pressure of having to pure everything to be honest. Mildly spotty long iron play is the weakness of my game so the UDI's help a lot, and I do prefer the transition into an iron with some forgiveness. Offset is minimal, head size is relatively compact but they still give me just enough margin for error to feel completely confident over the ball.

Agreed. This fits into "the game is hard enough as it is" category, which I totally agree with. I'm in the same camp as well.
  • jmckjmck Members Posts: 4,277 ✭✭
    What have you tried to kick the 54s out of the bag with, or what did you come from before the 54s? I keep coming back to 60s myself. Can't find anything I like better. Perfect blend of feel and workability with just enough forgiveness for me. Mizzy demo day is next weekend at my club, so I've got the itch of course. The 64s were the closest anything came for kicking the 60s out for me.
    edited Apr 9, 2017 #13
    jmck wrote:

What have you tried to kick the 54s out of the bag with, or what did you come from before the 54s? I keep coming back to 60s myself. Can't find anything I like better. Perfect blend of feel and workability with just enough forgiveness for me. Mizzy demo day is next weekend at my club, so I've got the itch of course. The 64s were the closest anything came for kicking the 60s out for me.

I played MP-53 for a long time. I do like the MP25 as well and that would be my choice in the new irons. The finish on the JPX 900 Tour does not appeal to me at all. I can't stand it. I'm not a latest and greatest kind of guy really. I'm a, what gets the ball in the hole in the fewest strokes kind of guy. I will say, the shafts from the last year or two have really been exceptional and I'm constantly paying attention to new shaft tech.

• KPH808KPH808 Participation Trophy ClubWRX Posts: 2,634 ClubWRX
    Great setup, I enjoy reading your shaft reviews. I've got the 2016 M2 back in the bag as well after a handful of rounds with the 17.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=times new roman,times,serif]Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
    TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
    Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
    Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
    Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M
    [/font]
    [/font]
    KPH808 wrote:

Great setup, I enjoy reading your shaft reviews. I've got the 2016 M2 back in the bag as well after a handful of rounds with the 17.

The 8.5 2017 M2 heads just hit the conforming list so I'd like to try one with proper loft at some point.

• BenzoBenzo Members Posts: 1,540 ✭✭
    +1 to that headcover scaring the sh*t out of me....incredible driver numbers
    Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
    Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
    Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
    Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
    Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
    Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
    2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

Benzo wrote:

+1 to that headcover scaring the sh*t out of me....incredible driver numbers

Haha. Thank you.

• scottlarson11scottlarson11 Members Posts: 64
    Haha love the snake headcover, quite a nice setup you got here!
    MSUB GOLF
    [font=comic sans ms, cursive]Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 / Matrix Ozik 75M4x[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms, cursive]Ping I25 17 Hybrid / Ping PWR90 X[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist T-MB 3 Iron / KBS Tour 130x[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 716 AP2 4-P / KBS Tour 130x[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cleveland RTX-3 50,54,58[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Odyssey Milled Collection #2[/font]
  • jmckjmck Members Posts: 4,277 ✭✭

Haha love the snake headcover, quite a nice setup you got here!

Headcover like that is worth a stroke a side.
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,780 ClubWRX
    Solid bag from top to bottom. Oh and you numbers are almost better than mine. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />
    kekoa wrote:

Solid bag from top to bottom. Oh and you numbers are almost better than mine. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />

I try. Haha. I know the iron choice is a bit off, but I play what works.

• jcfountain33jcfountain33 Posts: 455 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

kekoa wrote:

I've played 54's since they were released n had one of the first sets. Tried numerous other sets, but always came back to the 54's. Picked up a set of 5-P MP-5 last year and they are currently in the bag, but still have 4 iron in 54 and 54 3 iron (bent to 19) alternates with Apex 20° hybrid.

TollBros wrote:

kekoa wrote:

I've played 54's since they were released n had one of the first sets. Tried numerous other sets, but always came back to the 54's. Picked up a set of 5-P MP-5 last year and they are currently in the bag, but still have 4 iron in 54 and 54 3 iron (bent to 19) alternates with Apex 20° hybrid.

I have an mp-25/mp-5 combo set that I've yet to hit because I like my irons so much, and don't want to doubt anything in the bag. I need to at least try them out sometime soon.

• Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    Very nice bag...nice numbers too. :-)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • jcfountain33jcfountain33 Posts: 455 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

TollBros wrote:

kekoa wrote:

I have an mp-25/mp-5 combo set that I've yet to hit because I like my irons so much, and don't want to doubt anything in the bag. I need to at least try them out sometime soon.

In my opinion the 5's are just as easy to hit as the 54's, especially in the shorter irons. Love the 5 iron. Didn't like the feel of the 25's or having different finishes, plus 54 4 iron was always one of my favorite clubs!
  • JosshyoungJosshyoung Members Posts: 46
    Solid bag, trackman numbers are unreal! love the woods
    Josshyoung wrote:

Solid bag, trackman numbers are unreal! love the woods

Thanks man. That 3 wood is so good, that it will be years before I think of anything else.

• mjwidellmjwidell Members Posts: 772 ✭✭
    Have you hit the DF vs. standard face on your 3W? What were the differences?
    Ping G400 LST 9* Synergy Black Proto 65TX
    Titleist 915F 16.5* Whiteboard 80X
    TM P790 UDI 18* HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Z745 4-6, Z945 7-PW Modus 125X
    Cleveland 588 TZG 51*/Cobra King 58* Widelow
    Odyssey Works Jailbird S
    mjwidell wrote:

Have you hit the DF vs. standard face on your 3W? What were the differences?

I've owned both. The shallow head hits much higher. It is still pretty low spin for the ball flight, but the launch angle is significantly higher. It's footprint is also visually larger front to back and heel to toe. The deep face head launches plenty high enough even off the deck, and I just find it easier to make it do what I want the ball the to do.

It's official after a day on the course doing driver comparisons. Tensei Pro Orange is going in the driver.

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,602 ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2017 #31
    TollBros wrote:

It's official after a day on the course doing driver comparisons. Tensei Pro Orange is going in the driver.

What in your testing sealed the deal? What will you do to raise your club head weight? I assume you're using a hotmelted head already. Swap out the back weight for a heavier weight?
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 115 Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5