Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

TollBros WITB

Comments

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Kale_m wrote:

With those shafts in the 790’s you must hit those things a mile.

I hit the 730’with a Ctaper = 176 carry

Same shaft in the 7 iron 790 = 202 carry

I do have my lofts weakened up these to match my gapping but yes they are a very long hitting iron for sure. I prefer to stop the ball more with trajectory than spin.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX Members Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You try out the f9 yet?
    PatsNation wrote:

You try out the f9 yet?

Yes we tested in a couple months back. It's a very nice driver. Comparable to something like Callaway Epic SZ. The nice thing with Cobra, unlike Callaway, is that the heads are not draw biased. With a few of the Taylormade guys over there now, Cobra has got it's game together the last few years. They make a very nice product but not something I'd play over my current driver or an M5. There's just so comfort zone with my driver that anything new would have to outperform in several ways and nothing is doing that at this point. M5 though once I dial the very very low spin in, may have a shot.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    TollBros wrote:

PatsNation wrote:

You try out the f9 yet?

Yes we tested in a couple months back. It's a very nice driver. Comparable to something like Callaway Epic SZ. The nice thing with Cobra, unlike Callaway, is that the heads are not draw biased. With a few of the Taylormade guys over there now, Cobra has got it's game together the last few years. They make a very nice product but not something I'd play over my current driver or an M5. There's just so comfort zone with my driver that anything new would have to outperform in several ways and nothing is doing that at this point. M5 though once I dial the very very low spin in, may have a shot.
    M5 460 or the 435 you think will be the GOAT driver this year?
    PatsNation wrote:

TollBros wrote:

PatsNation wrote:

You try out the f9 yet?

M5 460 or the 435 you think will be the GOAT driver this year?

We will be doing a data thread in the next month or so, but the spin on M5 is so low that if everyone gets the loft right, it is a marked jump in high launch low spin type ball flight. Anyone who needs this is going to absolutely love this driver. It is incredibly long hitting when dialed in correctly.

• ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Toll,

Do you find the UDI more forgiving then the 790?
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Mitsubishi PO 70 TX
    Tour Edge CBX 13.5.......................................Rombax P95 X
    Tour Edge CBX 18..........................................Rombax P95 X
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................DGTIX100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-9........................................DGTIX100
    Callaway MD Forged 46, 50, 56, 60........DGTIS400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
    ago33 wrote:

Toll,

Do you find the UDI more forgiving then the 790?

Slightly. It is going to launch a bit higher but I like that. I like to stop the ball with trajectory as opposed to spin.

• andfriandfri Members Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Hello TollBros, do you have any experience with M4 Tour Fairway? Why didn‘t played any pro the Tour Version?
    andfri wrote:

Hello TollBros, do you have any experience with M4 Tour Fairway? Why didn‘t played any pro the Tour Version?

My set up is trusted and optimized based on launch and spin for me that there just isn't anything to gain until something gives me more ball speed. The only set up I've hit that does that is M5 Tour issue deep face TS. I'm messing around with one with ATX Tour Green Graphene at the moment. It's the first 3 wood in 4 years that has any chance to knock that m2 out. Only because it's about 3mph faster off the face.

• gentlesgentles Members Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the m5 deep face a titanium head and adjustable? Interesting that they switched the deep face from the non adjustable m2/m4 heads
    Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 DF 3hl Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Callaway Apex 20* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Taylormade RSI UDI 4i DG AMT x100
    Taylormade P770 5-P DG AMT x100
    Ping Glide 51,55, 59 DG S400
    Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t have issues hitting the UDI into par 5s? I have one and it doesn’t hold greens for me nearly as well as a hybrid. Also it’s a lot harder for me to hit out of any sort of rough. Ended up switching to an 818 H2 with Atmos Black 90x and I have found it just as good off the tee and a lot more versatile.

Please hurry and post your 2019 driver data 👍
    gentles wrote:

Is the m5 deep face a titanium head and adjustable? Interesting that they switched the deep face from the non adjustable m2/m4 heads

There are always many variations of Tour only heads in both lines but the glued heads have always appealed to me most. There has always been a slightly deeper faced TS, meaning the 13 degree in M2 and M4 as well. And yes it is titanium and adjustable.

You don’t have issues hitting the UDI into par 5s? I have one and it doesn’t hold greens for me nearly as well as a hybrid. Also it’s a lot harder for me to hit out of any sort of rough. Ended up switching to an 818 H2 with Atmos Black 90x and I have found it just as good off the tee and a lot more versatile.

Please hurry and post your 2019 driver data 👍

I don't. I hit the ball massively high though with my irons. I tend to take very shallow divots and add a little loft. My spin is low but my trajectory is very high. Sort of Jason Day like. And we are in the Midwest so the greens are usually pretty receptive. Rough wise I agree with you that a hybrid goes through better but I seriously just cannot hit them. I hit them massively high and hook every one of them, and when I try to flatten out the lie a lot I catch too much toe through the rough. I've tried. I just can't use them.

I will get new pics up soon. I'm just toggling between the 2016 M2 head and the M5 Tour issue head. Both are set up with Rogue 130 White 70tx. If I can get this M5 in a setting that I feel like I can control it as well, it will be a new addition to the bag.

• TG_343TG_343 Members Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

I will get new pics up soon. I'm just toggling between the 2016 M2 head and the M5 Tour issue head. Both are set up with Rogue 130 White 70tx. If I can get this M5 in a setting that I feel like I can control it as well, it will be a new addition to the bag.

Moving away from the Synergy Black, JT??
    Cobra F8+ - 8.5 deg (heavy weight fwd) - w/ Aldila Black Mamba 60-TX - 45"
    Adams XTD TI - 2 hybrid (16 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
    TaylorMade P790 - 3i (1 deg weak) - Matrix HM3 95g X
    TaylorMade P790 - 5: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
    Adams MB2 - 6-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
    Titleist Vokey SM4: 51 F Grind - Dynamic Gold TI x-100
    Callaway PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60, PM Grind 64 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
    Scotty Cameron: Monterrey - 35.5in
    TG_343 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Moving away from the Synergy Black, JT??

Yes. I love there performance but if I can have the same performance with a bit more firmness in the profile, that's perfect.

• CircaflexCircaflex Well, I gotta go now. I’ve got a lotta bouncin’ to do! Members Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can I get that Snake driver cover?!
    #Ping #TaylorMade #Bettinardi #Snell #Arccos #MitholoG #SunFishKnit
    GHIN: 2719293

j0zhnl.png
    Circaflex wrote:

It was given to me by a friend who I think got it off the bay. It's a 3 wood cover btw.

• CircaflexCircaflex Well, I gotta go now. I’ve got a lotta bouncin’ to do! Members Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

Circaflex wrote:

It was given to me by a friend who I think got it off the bay. It's a 3 wood cover btw.

It's a beaut, I will look around the bay. Appreciate it.
    #Ping #TaylorMade #Bettinardi #Snell #Arccos #MitholoG #SunFishKnit
    GHIN: 2719293

j0zhnl.png
    ATX Green Proto 85tx in the 3 wood now. I'll post pics next week.

What did you tweak your 790 lofts too? Just got the 4 iron debating 5-pw 760. Or May just go all 790s and tweak the lofts some.
    PatsNation wrote:

What did you tweak your 790 lofts too? Just got the 4 iron debating 5-pw 760. Or May just go all 790s and tweak the lofts some.

I adjusted each club individually to fit the gaps I wanted. I started off of a 44 degree PW and went from there. Many of the long irons are weaker than listed because they just go so darn far.

Any iron changes for 2019?
    PatsNation wrote:

No sir. I'll be sticking with the exact same set from last season. I haven't found anything better.

• jabwind51jabwind51 NJMembers Posts: 178 ✭✭
    edited Feb 20, 2019 4:17pm #146
    TollBros wrote:

PatsNation wrote:

No sir. I'll be sticking with the exact same set from last season. I haven't found anything better.

Tell us more about the 435 M5 Tour Driver...super interested...

Currently game an F9 at 9 degree set to 8 degrees and Atmos TS Black 7X tipped an inch at 45” and it’s great but always looking... My swing speed is 117-122ish.

Edit: I guess I misread. You have a tour issue but not a smaller Tour Head? Any feedback on the 435? Thanks
    jabwind51 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

PatsNation wrote:

Currently game an F9 at 9 degree set to 8 degrees and Atmos TS Black 7X tipped an inch at 45” and it’s great but always looking... My swing speed is 117-122ish.

Edit: I guess I misread. You have a tour issue but not a smaller Tour Head? Any feedback on the 435? Thanks

I play the 460 head. I will have a full thread on the new drivers with data and all up as soon as we restock on m5 and M6 heads. A couple weeks. This thread should have anything you'd want to see for the 2019 drivers. We have been collecting on the low spin heads for this season and will report our findings.

Taylormade m5

Taylormade m6

Cobra F9

Callaway Epic Flash SZ

Titleist TS2

Ping G400 Plus

• Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

jabwind51 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

PatsNation wrote:

I play the 460 head. I will have a full thread on the new drivers with data and all up as soon as we restock on m5 and M6 heads. A couple weeks. This thread should have anything you'd want to see for the 2019 drivers. We have been collecting on the low spin heads for this season and will report our findings.

Taylormade m5

Taylormade m6

Cobra F9

Callaway Epic Flash SZ

Titleist TS2

Ping G400 Plus

**** yes.
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching the TXG review of the G410, will be interested to see if you get similar results to what they've observed so far.
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
    edited Feb 21, 2019 4:38pm #150
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

After watching the TXG review of the G410, will be interested to see if you get similar results to what they've observed so far.

Well it will be a test of identically speced out drivers all the way down to CT and face angle with at least 5-7 players of varying swing styles and speeds. I expect it should tell you everything you'll want to know about all these heads with the least amount of product variables possible. We weren't going to do this for this year because of time constraints, however I personally wanted to provide this info for the community. The last thing I want is people making purchase decisions off of single player reviews that often really don't apply to them.

• bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair play to you. I was a bit surprised at the initial impression the driver made in that it was so different than that of the 410 Fairway and Hybrid. Appreciate what you bring to the forum, cheers.
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file