2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Padraig Says Sergio Was A Sore Loser...

sheldonjhacker

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL not much to discuss here. Sergio is a sore and negative loser. I'd say his attitude led to his losing, but yet he's still a very good golfer obviously. Nice way to say it is he wears his emotions on his sleeve. Padraig is a well mannered pro who has won the same number of times (but two more majors) as Sergio but has struggled in recent years. Side note: I didn't know Sergio is only 1.78 m tall. Looks taller on TV. I would say Padraig wasn't in his best form revealing that on TV, but it sure makes for interesting TV!

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Padraig who? Wasn't he relevant like a decade ago?

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

Why? Why does Harrington have to go there?

Seems petty to me. He should've put all of that crap behind him by now and let Sergio have his moment in the sun.

Because he's talking about Sergio and his career?

We get the PGA Tour Robots giving the stock answers all the time, nice to hear truth now and again.

You know, the guys with THREE majors.

I didn't know Sergio is only 1.78 m tall.

I had to convert it. 1.78m = 5'10".

Seems a bit generous. Sergio walked right past me as he was heading to the first tee for the final round, 3 feet away in 2008 when my then GF and I were hanging out behind the clubhouse at Oakland Hills in 2008 PGA.. I'm 5'8" (ok 5' 7 3/4"), and he didn't look any taller than me.

I don't see a problem with it. Sergio was a sore loser; most people hated him for this reason and several other reasons. I am sure Padraig would have said this at any time, someone asked him now because it is relevant to some extent, and I personally would rather people tell a respectable version of the truth. He didn't take cheap shots at Sergio, he essentially just told people what happened and gave insight into their relationship, he said he was happy for the guy (sergio); it seems Sergio has probably grown a bit as a person and really earned it.

I was definitely cheering for Sergio as well, I wanted him to win. If someone asks for your opinion on something I am a fan of telling the truth. Going out of your way to write a book that trashes people who were generally good to you (like some have) on the other hand...

"throwing their shoes" ?!

Technically, he threw it into the gallery ... They threw it back at him ... And then he kicked it.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Paddy is actually well liked by his peers and is usually in the 10-15 spot for the 20 most popular Tour Boys-

Was it cringe worthy?

Possibly awkward though hardly cringe worthy-

I like guys that speak their true feelings professionally and he kept it very professional if you listened to him or read his comments.

Hey, I get tired of listening to all these guys saying basically the same thing a slightly different way.

The fact that he Plays Staffs and Blondes is definitely worth points with me?️

And the Boy's got three Big Ones and I don't give a shat when he won em but a little FYI, they were in the last decade ;)

Besides, he has a cryotherapy chamber in his garage for chrissakes, lol

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Im super proud of Sergio for what he did yesterday and was pulling hard for him.

With that said, this is probably 100% spot on and good on Paddy for not being PC and lying when asked. This has probably been a bugaboo of his for years.

Sergio has changed alot in recent years and it seems off the golf course has translated to on the course. Good for him but he shouldnt have been such a dick/sore loser back then.

Driver- Taylormade M2 10.5* set open 3* playing at 9* W/ Hzrdus Black 75X 44"
Fairway Metal- TEE XCG7 13* W/ Matrix Black Tie 7M3 X 42"
Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron W/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course and conditions)
Irons- Tour Issue Mizuno FliHi 3i with Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 465ct X
Ben Hogan PTx irons 23*-47* in 4* increments w/ PX 6.5 painted black
Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set. 50*, 56* bent to 54* and 58* w/ rifle spinner shafts
Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- ProV1X
Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Couple points;

- People change

- Being immature is far different from being a jerk

- People need to get over things that happened 10, 15 years ago

- If we all lived under a microscope we wouldn't have all rainbows and lollipops either

- If Padraig was a true stand-up guy he would have called this reporter out on what is a stupid question and not answered it

I firmly believe Sergio is a good guy.

By that rationale, Jack Nicklaus is a nobody...

Anyway, Paddy is entitled to his opinion, and it certainly seems to be one shared by a number of other pros.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Seems petty to me. He should've put all of that crap behind him by now and let Sergio have his moment in the sun.

Absolutely what I was thinking. In fact Harringtons insensitivity and timing with Sergio winning his first Major, actually shows to me that Harrington, himself appears to be the 'sore' one.

It's a pity, because I thought Harringtons commentary on Sky Sports during the Masters were a welcome addition to the Sky Sports Team, but Harringtons overall reaction to Sergio winning, I thought at the time, were somewhat tinged with bad feeling. I was watching Harrington closely during the aftermath of Sergios win around the table with Paul McGinley and Butch Harmon, and Harringtons face during the whole chatting thing was like thunder. He clearly still has bad feeling towards Sergio, and although we are all human beings with faults and warts, it's a shame that Harrington couldn't rise above those private feelings and just put them aside for a short period.

Absolutely what I was thinking. In fact Harringtons insensitivity and timing with Sergio winning his first Major, actually shows to me that Harrington, himself appears to be the 'sore' one.

It's a pity, because I thought Harringtons commentary on Sky Sports during the Masters were a welcome addition to the Sky Sports Team, but Harringtons overall reaction to Sergio winning, I thought at the time, were somewhat tinged with bad feeling. I was watching Harrington closely during the aftermath of Sergios win around the table with Paul McGinley and Butch Harmon, and Harringtons face during the whole chatting thing was like thunder. He clearly still has bad feeling towards Sergio, and although we are all human beings with faults and warts, it's a shame that Harrington couldn't rise above those private feelings and just put them aside for a short period.

To be fair to Paddy, Sky Sports were trying to stoke it at every opportunity. He had been on screen less than a minute before that know nothing idiot David Livingstone asked him about his relationship with Sergio.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

To be fair to Paddy, Sky Sports were trying to stoke it at every opportunity. He had been on screen less than a minute before that know nothing idiot David Livingstone asked him about his relationship with Sergio.

True, but that's no excuse for Harrington kinda taking the bait. It's not just Sergio that has to take the responsibility for some of his actions and comments in the past, and just because a reporter is stoking the fire, is no excuse for Harrington fanning the flames.

I see this a lot, whereby the media gets the blame for these things, and it really dogs me off when people blame the media for this this type of thing. Whilst the media are, I admit, looking for a story, they don't force anyone to say or behave the way they do.

I see Sergio as a quite an insecure guy, also quite highly strung, passionate and impetuous. I think you have to 'get him'. Does that make him say and do stupid things sometimes, hell yeah of course, because that's what those people are like due to their personalities, and they need to be made aware of it, when they act like a jerk of course, but does it make them the anti-christ, well, no of course not. I think fundamentally, there is decent guy inside Sergio, but I also think some of us and perhaps Harrington also shows an intolerance towards Sergios' personality that is a pity.

I know from a personal perspective that I have said some really dumb a** things in my personal life and particularly on GolfWrx purely because I have acted with too much passion and impetuosity, because that's my personality. It doesn't make me a bad person, just a bit 'over the top' sometimes, and I don't think people like Harrington will understand or be tolerant of that kind of personality. But Harringtons reaction is showing the lack of class that he is accusing Sergio of showing in the past, Which is kind of ironic really!

But to keep blaming the media is fickle at best. At the end of the day, when I say some stupid things on GolfWrx, I don't blame the other guy on here that has wound me up. It's my call to make those daft remarks, and I'm the one that chooses to put finger on keyboard, no excuses.

True, but that's no excuse for Harrington kinda taking the bait. It's not just Sergio that has to take the responsibility for some of his actions and comments in the past, and just because a reporter is stoking the fire, is no excuse for Harrington fanning the flames.

I see this a lot, whereby the media gets the blame for these things, and it really dogs me off when people blame the media for this this type of thing. Whilst the media are, I admit, looking for a story, they don't force anyone to say or behave the way they do.

I see Sergio as a quite an insecure guy, also quite highly strung, passionate and impetuous. I think you have to 'get him'. Does that make him say and do stupid things sometimes, hell yeah of course, because that's what those people are like due to their personalities, and they need to be made aware of it, when they act like a jerk of course, but does it make them the anti-christ, well, no of course not. I think fundamentally, there is decent guy inside Sergio, but I also think some of us and perhaps Harrington also shows an intolerance towards Sergios' personality that is a pity.

I know from a personal perspective that I have said some really dumb a** things in my personal life and particularly on GolfWrx purely because I have acted with too much passion and impetuosity, because that's my personality. It doesn't make me a bad person, just a bit 'over the top' sometimes, and I don't think people like Harrington will understand or be tolerant of that kind of personality. But Harringtons reaction is showing the lack of class that he is accusing Sergio of showing in the past, Which is kind of ironic really!

But to keep blaming the media is fickle at best. At the end of the day, when I say some stupid things on GolfWrx, I don't blame the other guy on here that has wound me up. It's my call to make those daft remarks, and I'm the one that chooses to put finger on keyboard, no excuses.

100% correct.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

100% correct.

What? '100% correct' that I say some dumb a** things on here? :cheesy: