my personal golf experiment. $25k TrackMan & 7 hours per day practice routine.

RangeGolferRangeGolfer Members Posts: 15
edited Apr 23, 2017 in General Golf Talk #1
Hey everyone,

I am new to the community and wanted to share my project https://rangegolfer.com/rangegolfer/ with all of you. I am 35 years old and working towards three different goals in golf. You can read about my goals at the above link.

I also have a write up about my schedule and practice approach at https://rangegolfer....ath-to-scratch/ . And another write up about why I bought a TrackMan https://rangegolfer....ght-a-trackman/.

This week I will start posting more of all my different swing data and 18 hole analysis. The website is still a work in progress and I will try to update it daily.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Comments

• jafowler85jafowler85 Posts: 78
    edited Apr 24, 2017 #2
    Nice. Will definitely try and follow along. I also had the goal of breaking 80 this year, which I achieved 2 Fridays ago

If you're looking for some Am tournaments to play in, check the Golfweek Am tour to see if there is a tour near where you live. I just started that this year and have played 3 tournaments so far. It's stroke play and you're flighted by handicap. It's been fun so far
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra King LTD Pro 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Black X-Stiff 44 inches
    Cobra F6 3 Wood 14.5* w/ ProLaunch Red 65S 42 inches
    Cobra F6 Hybrid 19.5*
    Cobra King Pro CB/MB (4-GW) w/ KBS Tour 120
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* and 58*
    NIke Method Matter B2-01 w/ SuperStroke Slim
  • bladedbladed Posts: 79
    This is cool. Wish i had $25k to drop on a TrackMan!
  • PoserPoser Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭
    Your wife must be a saint.
  • OffTheDoleOffTheDole Florida golfer Members Posts: 339 ✭✭
    You might want to consider renting out time with your Trackman to offset the cost (if that's something you're at all concerned about).

I'd gladly pay $50 for 30 minutes on a Trackman or Flightscope to dial in my distances and try out some different swings.

Just a thought.

Best of luck on your experiment!
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,635 ✭✭
    trackman for me is good once a year for two things: verify distances with all clubs and driver fittings.

On course performance will always trump what a machine spits out. I am now too complacent (and sore) to hit wedges and groove wedge yardages

A sports car may be more fun .... but you likely have that covered already

Good luck, to each his own
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,083 ✭✭
    I think it would be pretty cool to own a trackman but I think what you're going to find is that it's not going to drop your handicap much if at all. I think you would of been better off spending about 1,500 on lessons a year and you would improve much faster. I don't really know your situation but if 25 grand was just a drop in the bucket, then why not.
  • Petunia SprinklePetunia Sprinkle Future King of France Members Posts: 5,355 ✭✭
    It does seem kind of odd to buy a Trackman to break 80, like using a half million dollar missile to take out ten suspected terrorists riding around in an early 90s Toyota pickup (wouldn't it be cheaper to just drop an old Buick on them?).
  • nixnix Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    To be fair, my assumption is that the goal isn't to break 80 but to break into the online golf world and make $. Which I'm totally fine with by the way.
  • lumberman2462lumberman2462 Members Posts: 5,325 ✭✭
    Well first of all....Good Luck to you.

The golf bug has bitten and it seems you're very passionate about becoming a player.

I don't doubt for one minute that Trackman isn't a valuable tool. But please remember that there are hundreds of thousands of scratch golfers over the years that became good players without an ounce of technology.

Free piece of advice....go find some players that are better than you are and start playing with them. Eventually you'll start money games and that will teach you how to pull the trigger under a little pressure. Not break the bank money just enough to keep everyone focused.

Good luck. I'll follow along and see how this goes.
    SYard T388
    TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
    Old Titleist Blade