Whats the coldest temp you've played

124»

Comments

• Brewmaster23Brewmaster23 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Lived in Alaska for 30 years and come each April we were **** anxious to play. Some years we had to wait until May. Some fairly cold days but what I really remember were the snow-filled bunkers. We had fun playing out of them. We played slush shots instead of splash shots!
  • OLD_BONESOLD_BONES PingMan Chico, CAClubWRX Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    Nearly always in the mid 30’s when we tee off at 8:15. Usually we wait for a frost delay.
  • Erik_TedfeltErik_Tedfelt Members Posts: 16
    I played five years ago my first tournament of the year.

It was a really cold spring that year in Sweden and this was the only course in my state that was open.

It's was so cold (-1 degree (30 Fahrenheit)) that when my approach shot from 110 yards landed on the green it bounced twenty yards over the green like it had hit the trampoline.
  • JutJut "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Members Posts: 717 ✭✭
    23F when we teed off a few years back at Community Golf Course (Dayton, OH city course). Greens had a light snow covering on them and the ball bounced on the green like it hit a cart path. We learned by the second hole that laying up in front of the green was paramount. To be honest, it was a really calm day and the sun was out, so it didn't feel that bad. I've played in the 30's and 40's and it's felt much worse due to the wind chill (and/or rain).
    Ping G400 LST 9.5
    Callaway Rogue 15
    Ping G410 21
    Cobra F9 5-G
    Callaway MD4 54/10 S
    Callaway MD4 60/12 X
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #9
    Srixon Z Star
  • JskiserJskiser Members Posts: 214 ✭✭
    15 degrees in Georgia. We were young and dumb in high school. Drunk and high, we felt no cold lol.
  • Lefty1283Lefty1283 Members Posts: 88
    High 20s. Bent grass greens don’t freeze and the sun was out. Had to get that fix.

The only time you regret it is when you top a shot. Or maybe when you have to hit 3 extra clubs on every hole because the ball doesn’t move.
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,719 ✭✭
    32* and started snowing. Ground was frozen too. That was in my younger days. Now needs to be at least 50* and no wind chill.
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • randy4randy4 LouisianaMembers Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Lowest probbaly around 40 (louisiana). Usually will play in anything mid 40s and up assuming wind isn't crazy.
    M5 9* HZRDUS Black
    M6 15* Tensei pro white
    718Ap2 3-AW KBS Tour V
    Titleist SM7 56S 60M KBS Tour V
    Spider X
  • golf9596golf9596 Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭
    bright sunny day no wind, mid January 17*, greens were a little firm. LOL
    Driver Epic Flash TD-Diamana D+ 70-Stiff
    3 Wood TM M6 Project X 75-S
    TM Stage 2 18.5* Speeder VC7-S
    Callaway Apex Forged w/$-Tapper-S-pw..4
    Putter.....Scott Cameron Phantom X12- 33.5"/SC 2.5 Newport 33"
    Mac Daddy PM..51* & 57*
    Jones Original
    Pro V 1 (2017)
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,852 ✭✭
    It's March 24th , we woke up with that funny white stuff on the ground. No golf with temporary greens.

This might have been the latest we had snow in the season in the last 3+ decades.

Weird, to say the least. Definitely the circulation of air and ocean had been shifted. Let's hope this will be the worst that will come down the pipe.
  • PriceydPriceyd Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    28 degrees when teed off on Friday, wasn’t that cold except few holes where the wind was in my face! Distance control was tough greens very firm. Was very happy to get to play 18holes though
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 MOMembers Posts: 828 ✭✭
    Played in a one-man scramble (that was a really fun format!) last October (Day of the Georgia/Florida game, I remember cause I ended up missing the first half), very unseasonable cold around here. We were supposed to tee off at 9 but it was about 25 out and there was frost. Finally about 11 we teed off and it was 28. When we finished it was just then getting above freezing. Shot a 5 under 65 and came in second by 4 strokes. Coldest round I've played by far.
    GO DAWGS
  • IcemanYVRIcemanYVR Amateur Vancouver, BCMembers Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    edited Mar 25, 2018 #104
    I guess I'm not a true Canadian as the coldest I've played in was about 4°C (39°F for those of you still living in the dark ages). In my defense, there WAS snow on the ground here and there. The other reason is I despise temp greens.
    Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15° | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18° | Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1