2006 Ogio Edge Bag (w/pics)

Sweetest bag ever!
Since numerous people requested to see pictures of the new Ogio Edge bag and nobody had any, I thought I would post pictures of mine when I received mine for christmas so here they are. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures.

Btw, the bag itself is amazing and I could not be happier with it. Also, it runs for about $175 including shipping on ebay. I would highly recommend this bag for anyone in the market for one at the moment. :)

Bag with stand:

Top of bag showing Woode top.

Side of bag with ball silo, tee holders, and some pockets.

Front of bag showing stand legs and mechanism. Also notice the Torq strap for the days you decide to ride, it prevents the bag from twisting on the cart.

Side of bag again showing ball silo, tee holder, and Zipperless Ball Pocket.

Side of bag showing straps, back pad, scorecard holder, pencil holder, water bottle holder, more tee holders and an extra pocket.

Zipperless Ball Pocket with Lift Grip for putting the bag in the trunk.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the pics :stop: :)

Did you take the pics with a Cellular phone camera - they are a bit foggy :cheesy:

I would be interested if you could take a CLOSE UP detailed pic of the new woode system - I would like to see what they have changed compared to the old woode system.

Thanks again, Kevin :wave:

Nice looking bag...I've got a 2006 Exo on the way myself...I've only heard good things about Ogio's bags.

Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS 9.0* : HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60 6.0 
Titleist TS2  15* HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
Titleist 816 H2 21* HZRDUS Smoke 80 6.0

Titleist U510 4i 22*: HZRDUS Smoke 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 5-P : KBS Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM8 50* :  DG Wedge
Mizuno S18 55* : DG Spinner Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM8 62* :  DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

I have the Gromm and couldn't be happier as well. I paid $119 for it. I bought it because of the zipperless ball pocket, the ball silo, and the tee holders. Plus i liked how the silo and tee holders are on the back so, when i have it on a cart it's easier to get at. The Woode system on my bag has indentations on the bars for the irons to sit into. It works very well. Same as the one on the Edge. These are some great bags.

Brian

I just got the new Vaporlite, and it's very nice! It doesn't have the individual iron dividers or the zipperless ball pocket, but I don't mind. The bag is very light, has about 7 pockets, and has that woode system that sorts the woods and keeps them out of the way. I love this bag, wouldn't use anything else.

What sort of carrying strap does this have on it? Stacks of pics online, but none of them I can find have a picture of the strap on them.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the bag guys. I'm also happy to hear that everybody else loves their Ogio bag just as much as I do mine.

To answer a few questions, the sling carry system will be coming out sometime this year I beleive. I think they are still in the process of finalizing the thing because from what I have heard the straps have to be placed in specific locations for the sling to work properly. But hopefully it will be released shortly.

Also, to answer hermes' question, yes the bag seems very durable and it can double as a carry and stand bag. The straps are for carrying and the Torq strap is to wrap around the cart cage so it doesn't twist

What sort of carrying strap does this have on it? Stacks of pics online, but none of them I can find have a picture of the strap on them.

Sorry again for the poor picture quality, but if you check some of them out you can see the straps. They are very comfortable, quite padded and are easy to slide on and off. If I get a chance I will take a picture of it for you this weekend.

If anybody else wants pictures of specific parts just let me know.

I adjusted the images a little. This Ogios are on my short list, so I wanted a good look at this one.

Nice adjustments clayyea. If you want a picture of anything specific just let me know and i'll post it.

So far Claus has requested a picture of the Woode top, so I will take a pic of that this weekend and post it. Any requests are welcome

• 1 month later...

I too love the Ogios. The only negative I can think of is I don't like the bottom Lift Grip. People not paying attention are very likely to grab the handle on the zipperless ball pocket instead of the Lift Grip which could damage the elastic in the ball pocket. Lower end Ogios have it worse, as they have a plastic coated cable instead of something that says, "Lift Grip".

Been using last year's Edge for a while...great bag, BUT--the "killer" feature is the zipperless ball pocket--it's PERFECT for my laser rangefinder (a Bushnell yardage pro 1000) that lets me carry that protected in my bag, and get it out at a moment's notice, without having to unzip anything, or even setting my bag down! Just reach back and open the zipperless ball pocket with one hand, pull out the rangefinder, and you're good to go.

GREAT feature, and if you have a rangefinder, there is no other bag to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the edge yesterday. I have been wanting it for a while but was waiting on the shiling, but I gave up and I am glad I did. I just fell in love with it on the first round. I pack a lot in my bag a whole lot more than most and I have no idea where they say it is uncomfortable. I walk most of the time and have owned about 10 different stand bags trough this time and this was real comfortable to me and I did not noitice the weight at all. I replace a bagboy nxo which that had 14 seperate tubes that protected the shafts. I have iron covers on but while i was carring the Edge yesterday I never heard a single club bang. The compartments as designed keep each club in their respective place. I would highly recomend this club and to me the extra weight is not an issue. I can see now whey everyoen is macking such a fuss over this bag. It was not raining so i did not take the chance to put the cover ons o i am not sure how i will like it but the concept seem nice i need to put it on just to see how well i will like it. I on occasions do ride since I own my own cart and I know the twisting problems that I have with putting a stand bag on a cart so I will see in the future how well the stap works with the cart.

Two things i did notice. One I carry a lot of balls whyI really do not know I guess I expect to loose a bunch. But the ball pouch does not hold all the balls I normally carry, but there is plenty of pockets so that is no issue. I sure like the no zipper closure. With that the rack they put on the side to hold three balls is neat but I had a little problem getting the balls out. I might not have figured out the easy wayto remove them. But with the zipperless pocket they are so easy to take out I doubt that i will ever use the ball holder on the side. It looks good though so I guess I will always have three balls there and never take them out, Unless I figure out an easier way.

I just bought the edge yesterday. I have been wanting it for a while but was waiting on the shiling, but I gave up and I am glad I did. I just fell in love with it on the first round. I pack a lot in my bag a whole lot more than most and I have no idea where they say it is uncomfortable. I walk most of the time and have owned about 10 different stand bags trough this time and this was real comfortable to me and I did not noitice the weight at all. I replace a bagboy nxo which that had 14 seperate tubes that protected the shafts. I have iron covers on but while i was carring the Edge yesterday I never heard a single club bang. The compartments as designed keep each club in their respective place. I would highly recomend this club and to me the extra weight is not an issue. I can see now whey everyoen is macking such a fuss over this bag. It was not raining so i did not take the chance to put the cover ons o i am not sure how i will like it but the concept seem nice i need to put it on just to see how well i will like it. I on occasions do ride since I own my own cart and I know the twisting problems that I have with putting a stand bag on a cart so I will see in the future how well the stap works with the cart.

Two things i did notice. One I carry a lot of balls whyI really do not know I guess I expect to loose a bunch. But the ball pouch does not hold all the balls I normally carry, but there is plenty of pockets so that is no issue. I sure like the no zipper closure. With that the rack they put on the side to hold three balls is neat but I had a little problem getting the balls out. I might not have figured out the easy wayto remove them. But with the zipperless pocket they are so easy to take out I doubt that i will ever use the ball holder on the side. It looks good though so I guess I will always have three balls there and never take them out, Unless I figure out an easier way.

Nice review and glad to hear you decided to join us in buying one of the best stand bags out there! :kewlpics:

• 3 weeks later...