Fourteen FH900

cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,668 ✭✭
Anyone try these? Compare them to the tc888 or tc770?

Comments

• Fourteen14Fourteen14 Sponsors Posts: 35
    The FH-900 is the replacement to the TC-888. Using the same loft specifications we have seen about a club longer distances compared to TC-888. This is primarily from the added ball speed we were able to achieve from the new cavity design. We have also seen slightly less spin on average compared to TC-888. We used S20C Steel in the FH-900 which provides a softer feel then some of the prior models
  • tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    iwhat about the blades.. the f1000 model..

ive been eyeing these off for a wee while, they are razor thin with virtually no muscle compent to them.

where were these made and what kind of impact cud I expect and distance

bec.., I mean these are aggressively thin!

10.5* kamui pro tp07/diamana X 70s ..... 15* prgr egg spoon/roddio tour bee 71x ....18* prgr egg/ diamana stinger 70xx....22* PRGR  speed di...... 3/pw  MASDA mb/NS proto 2g18s..... 52*/56*  TOURSTAGE cu X wedge / NS WV125s......TOURSTAGE x01z balls.

tsupo wrote:

ive been eyeing these off for a wee while, they are razor thin with virtually no muscle compent to them.

The FH-1000 are a unique design, we used the Reverse Muscle design from our wedges and created a progressive CG location. We have a higher CG in the short irons and a lower CG in the long irons to optimize launch conditions. As far as feel, They are one piece forged out of S25c so the feel should be very soft, but still responsive.
  • BarracudaBarracuda Members Posts: 520 ✭✭
    S20C Endo forged?
    Barracuda wrote:

S20C Endo forged?

You got it!
  • tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    ENDO..... rearrry...., that's got me.

hmmmmmmmmmm ok,

they wud be a good addition to the hoards .

might lock a set down then

10.5* kamui pro tp07/diamana X 70s ..... 15* prgr egg spoon/roddio tour bee 71x ....18* prgr egg/ diamana stinger 70xx....22* PRGR  speed di...... 3/pw  MASDA mb/NS proto 2g18s..... 52*/56*  TOURSTAGE cu X wedge / NS WV125s......TOURSTAGE x01z balls.

• mp29mp29 Members Posts: 394 ✭✭
    Anyone tried these yet?
  • benzenbebenzenbe Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited Aug 25, 2017 #9
    If there's anyone interested in these in the NYC-area, NY Golf Center has a set on the shelf waiting to go on a test run
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Fit by True Spec Golf (NYC):
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero (9.5*) with UST Elements Platinum
    TM M2 3HL (16.5*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
    [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M2 5W (18*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
    Srixon Z765 (4-GW) with KBS C-Taper
    [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey SM6 (56* and 60*) with KBS 610[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Off-the-Shelf:[/font]
    Evnroll ER5 Hatchback
  • alpinetoalpineto Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    benzenbe wrote:

If there's anyone interested in these in the NYC-area, NY Golf Center has a set on the shelf waiting to go on a test run
    I saw those on my last visit to NYgolf very nice looking irons , I may take the plunge .
  • Bogey LondonBogey London Mr. Members Posts: 348 ✭✭
    benzenbe wrote:

May I have the address of NY Golf?
    "There are three ways of going to ****: women, gambling, and trusting experts. Women are the most fun, gambling is the most exciting, but trusting experts is the most certain."
    (President De Gaulle)
    Driver - PRGR Super Egg Long-Spec 9.5* 
    Fairway wood - Honma TW737 13*
    Rescue - Honma TW 737 15* 
    Irons and Wedges - Itobori copper finish 4-P, 52, 56, 60; Yururi 52, 56, 60
    Putter - Itobori
  • benzenbebenzenbe Members Posts: 153 ✭✭

May I have the address of NY Golf?

NY Golf Center

Herald Square

131 W 35th St

New York, NY 10001

(212) 564-2255
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Fit by True Spec Golf (NYC):
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero (9.5*) with UST Elements Platinum
    TM M2 3HL (16.5*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
    [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M2 5W (18*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
    Srixon Z765 (4-GW) with KBS C-Taper
    [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey SM6 (56* and 60*) with KBS 610[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Off-the-Shelf:[/font]
    Evnroll ER5 Hatchback
  • FairwayGolfUSA.comFairwayGolfUSA.com Sponsors Posts: 1,610 ✭✭
    cz13X4 wrote:

These feel soooooo good. Our customers like the shape of the Fourteen irons. Also, I find the irons to have a softer feeling than most. This is probably Fourteen Golf's most forgiving iron.

Check them out here
    > http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=91&products_id=137100

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
    Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
    Instagram:https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/
    Phone: 1-619-702-1702
  • MitchCumsteinMitchCumstein Members Posts: 139
    I have a set of these available if anyone is interested. Dynamic Gold 3-PW. Only a couple of irons have been hit. Basically brand new.
  • doubleagle310doubleagle310 ACEpar4 Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Fourteen14 wrote:

The FH-900 is the replacement to the TC-888. Using the same loft specifications we have seen about a club longer distances compared to TC-888. This is primarily from the added ball speed we were able to achieve from the new cavity design. We have also seen slightly less spin on average compared to TC-888. We used S20C Steel in the FH-900 which provides a softer feel then some of the prior models

I have a question about the shaft.

I recently got a new set of FH-900 iron with Modus 105 Stiff shaft. For some reason the feel wans't as solid as the other set that I currently gaming Fourteen TC-910 in a DG S300 stiff shaft. The TC-910 is feel very well balance and I can control the club better. I know the shaft weight is about 20 g different.

I kinda like the nippon shaft a lot and I would like a recommended a shaft replacement that equivalent to the S300 feel that I got from the TC-910.

Is any significant different between the to set?

Thanks,
    Callaway XR16 8* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Wood 14 - Graphite Design 7S
    Bridgestone J40 18* - Project X 6.0
    Bridgestone J40 22* - Tour AD DI 80S
    Bridgestone Tour B X-CBP 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black Smoke Steel S
    Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges 50*, 54* & 58* - KBS Tour V-Stiff
    Bellum Winmore 303

Bridgestone Tour B XD-5 9.5* Project X Hrzds Handcrafted Red
    Bridgestone J40 4 Fairway Wood - Tour AD DI 7S
    Bridgestone J40 24* - Graphite Design 80S
    Bridgestone J15MB 4-PW - KBS Tour 120 S
    Bridgestone J15 Satin Wedges 50*, 54* & 60* - True Temper Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft S
    Bridgestone True Balance TD-03 Putter

• StonewalledStonewalled Members Posts: 1,516 ✭✭

Fourteen14 wrote:

I have a question about the shaft.

I recently got a new set of FH-900 iron with Modus 105 Stiff shaft. For some reason the feel wans't as solid as the other set that I currently gaming Fourteen TC-910 in a DG S300 stiff shaft. The TC-910 is feel very well balance and I can control the club better. I know the shaft weight is about 20 g different.

I kinda like the nippon shaft a lot and I would like a recommended a shaft replacement that equivalent to the S300 feel that I got from the TC-910.

Is any significant different between the to set?

Thanks,
    The first thought upon seeing the FH-900's was these look like a 2018 version of the TC-910's, but the cavity was missing the weight bars [not sure what to call them] that lead into the lower centre cavity from the heel and toe. The 910's feel fantastic and play very well.

Thanks double eagle for reminding me how great the 910's are and that newer is not always better.
  • jorgegmjorgegm Members Posts: 15
    I just bought a set of the FH-900 and they are unbelievable. The feel is like no other I have ever felt. These are perfect for me since they have a thin topline but still look friendly at address. The flight is sweet. I will keep these for years to come! Good job Fourteen Golf!
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,297 ✭✭
    edited Jun 3, 2018 #18
    Anyone can back up 14s claim these are 1club longer than 888? That sounds like a major statement.. or..

I've like 888 but distance was meh. If these go further at same launch, I'm sold.

Also what are shaft offerings? Saw these at pgass. Would it be available at rogerdunn?
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Got a great deal on a set of these from Will Peoples. Had him install my trusty steelfiber i95s and what a great combo! I played the J40 CB with steelfibers like Snedecker and Kuchar back a few years ago and it was my favorite set of irons so I tried to recreate that magic. Coming form Mizuno MP 5's, Srixon z745s and PING i200's most recently these are kind of a combo of all of them. Not quite as forgiving as the i200, but very close. Not quite the blade length of the Srixon, but close. Not quite the mushy feel of the MP 5, but close. By contrast, not as much ugly offset as the i200, more confidence inspiring than the MP5 and more blade height to balance out the blade length of the Srixon (of which I thought some of the clubs looked a little long and skinny). So really, a great under the radar set.
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
    How's distance compared with srixon
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 665 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

How's distance compared with srixon

Hard to say as I had the Srixon's a few years ago and with an ill-fitting shaft at that (Modus 130). I would say I generally find that I hit irons in this category all the same distances and these are no exception. If I remember correctly, the Srixon 7 series are a bit stronger lofted as they get down to the mid and long irons vs most of the competition and I do remember hitting some heaters with the Srixon's where I was like, "where did that come from?"
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
    Finally bought a set from rockbottomgolf. They have 60 day play guarantee so if it doesn't fly, I have safety net.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,048 ✭✭
    edited Jul 25, 2018 #23
    Fourteen14 wrote:

tsupo wrote:

The FH-1000 are a unique design, we used the Reverse Muscle design from our wedges and created a progressive CG location. We have a higher CG in the short irons and a lower CG in the long irons to optimize launch conditions. As far as feel, They are one piece forged out of S25c so the feel should be very soft, but still responsive.
    I think the FH-1000's are one of the best feeling irons I've ever played. Also amazingly forgiving for a MB design if there is such a thing; well done. Personally I was not a fan of the 888's, I could never get comfortable with the sound or feel. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

cz13X4 wrote:

These feel soooooo good. Our customers like the shape of the Fourteen irons. Also, I find the irons to have a softer feeling than most. This is probably Fourteen Golf's most forgiving iron.

Check them out here
    > http://www.fairwaygo...ducts_id=137100

Let us know if you have any questions.

OMG. This really feels SOOOOOOO Good!

With Mizuno-borons feeling nothing like a mizuno, I think FH900 tops the list.

Only if Fourteen does custom shafts.... stock 105s is too light for me.

Come on Fourteen! This will seriously trump any new/old Mizuno out there.