Mizuno MP-18 SC

Comments

• Powder skierPowder skier Members Posts: 31
    Still like the chrome look better
  • IronMike33IronMike33 Iron Flusher Members Posts: 9
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks a little too simple? I'm sure it performs amazingly.
  • kcsfkcsf Members Posts: 1,024 ✭✭
    DTown3011 wrote:

Mizuno iBlades?

That's the first thought I had as well.
  • MMB1500MMB1500 Members Posts: 6,312 ✭✭
    IronMike33 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a little too simple? I'm sure it performs amazingly.

I personally don't think a club can look too simple. Less is more. Thankfully certain manufacturers are finally starting to realise that.
  • Rdarling18Rdarling18 Members Posts: 109
    I actually like the finish on these nice and simple.
    Current Bag
    Driver Taylormade 2017 M1 460 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 60TX
    3 wood 2017 M1 Mitsubishi B series 70 XS
    3 iron Taylormade UDI KBS $taper S+
    4-pw Taylormade PSI Tour KBS C-Taper S 120
    Wedges Taylormade MG 52,56,60 KBS 610
    Putter Itsy Bitsy Spider Limited
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,614 ClubWRX
    edited May 8, 2017 #37
    Neverfaze wrote:

Thank god no boron, maybe i'll consider Mizuno irons again
    The 25's are the only MP's with boron-

As you used the word "again," what MP's have ya had in the bag prior to their releasing one MP iron with boron?

Have a great week My Friend🍻

RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,614 ClubWRX
    edited May 8, 2017 #38
    WolfWRX wrote:

IronMike33 wrote:

I personally don't think a club can look too simple. Less is more. Thankfully certain manufacturers are finally starting to realise that.
    "Too simple"?????

WTF, LMAO😂

It's a Mizzy MCB for chrissakes, not a TBaG neon iron😜

Not everyone slaps badges and writing all over the faceback-

Simple is good with a blade and MCB and it's that simplicity consistency and understated Elegance that draws a Player to a Mizzy blade/MCB

Great point Wolf👊

All the Best,

RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • MMB1500MMB1500 Members Posts: 6,312 ✭✭

WolfWRX wrote:

IronMike33 wrote:

"Too simple"?????

WTF, LMAO&#55357;&#56834;

It's a Mizzy MCB for chrissakes, not a TBaG neon iron&#55357;&#56860;

Simple is good with a blade and MCB and it's that simplicity consistency and understated Elegance that draws a Player to a Mizzy blade/MCB

Great point Wolf&#55357;&#56394;

All the Best,

RP

LOL. You put it better than I ever could Richard.
  • ifc202ifc202 Members Posts: 11
    Are there any performance differences between say the MP-4 MP-5 MP-18 JPX 900 tour? All have 1025 GF forging. Is it mainly the look that one likes? Satin vs. chrome etc.?
    ifc202
    Woods - Taylormade Stage 2
    Irons - Mizuno JPX 900 Tour
    Putter - Taylormade Spider
  • ZurbZurb Smell the Glove Members Posts: 224
    These can't come soon enough. Finally something I can look forward to (being a lefty).
  • nmortonnmorton Members Posts: 409 ✭✭
    Looking forward to more pics of these. Been splitting my time between MP-55s and Bstone J15 CBs. The 55s will most likely be upgraded to 18 SCs or some combination within the line.
  • cane700cane700 Members Posts: 2,010 ✭✭
    Looking forward to trying these. Hoping the Blade is in lefty as well
  • Seve0992Seve0992 Members Posts: 200
    It looks a lot like the PING i-Blade and they are VERY NICE!
    Whats in the Bag:
    Titleist 917 9.5 Regular
    Titleist 915 16.5 Regular
    Titleist 818 19* Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP2 4 & 5
    Titleist 716 CB 6-7-8
    Titleist 716 MB 9 & PW
    Ping Glide 52 - 56WS - 60 WS
    Intelligent Design Putter
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members Posts: 2,694 ✭✭
    edited May 8, 2017 #45
    Why do people still try keep calling a CB a blade. If it's got a cavity it's not a blade. Blades are solid, no cut out of the back. I'm will to bet SC stands for ......... drum roll please Split Cavity. Now if it has those little slots or cut outs in the muscle or bottom back side its called Pocket cavity i.e.... the MP-52.

PS: before anyone has a fit, I'm just busting some golf balls, please don't get all upset because the typed word may offend you. image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

I'm just trying to clarify that Blades look like this :

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Cobra King LTD w/ Tour only Adila Pink graphics ATX65 R hard stepped
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition a Scotty 009 Beached BBC #13 of 50 made, hmm decisions
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • divot headdivot head Members Posts: 63
    Oh yes please
  • GnomesteelGnomesteel Members Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I don't care what it's called. Mizuno makes the best irons around, and I'm stoked to see them add more playability to the MP line.
  • cane700cane700 Members Posts: 2,010 ✭✭
    TWshoot67 wrote:

Why do people still try keep calling a CB a blade. If it's got a cavity it's not a blade. Blades are solid, no cut out of the back. I'm will to bet SC stands for ......... drum roll please Split Cavity. Now if it has those little slots or cut outs in the muscle or bottom back side its called Pocket cavity i.e.... the MP-52.

PS: before anyone has a fit, I'm just busting some golf balls, please don't get all upset because the typed word may offend you. image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

Nobody called these blades they're referring to another picture of an MP 18 muscle back that looks different than this club.
  • MB DirtyyMB Dirtyy Members Posts: 645 ✭✭
    TWshoot67 wrote:

I play mp4s but I still stare at pictures of them as if I've never seen them. Man, Mizuno nailed it with this design.
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 702 ✭✭
    Great looking club, I can see a combo set in the near future in my bag. Hopefully the lofts will be the same for the MB and SC.
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
  • phi482phi482 Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    edited May 8, 2017 #51
    That looks like a forged iBlade! I'm hoping the PW looks like the 900 line and not the MP 5. If so, sign me up with some PX LZ.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 - Ventus 6x Tester
    Titleist TS3 3 wood - PX Smoke 6.5
    Titleist 718 AP3 3-iron - PX6.5 LZ
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-P - x100
    Vokey SM6 - 50.12, 54.14, 60.10 - s400
    Bettinardi SS3
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,246 ClubWRX
    phi482 wrote:

That looks like a forged iBlade! I'm hoping the PW looks like the 900 line and not the MP 5. If so, sign me up with some PX LZ.

I don't see Vosh going backwards on the PW design, took too long to get it right, no way they deviate.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • gcp07gcp07 Members Posts: 180
    Ok, so are mp 18 a MB blade or a CB?
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Mizuno JPX 900 Fujikura Speeder 661 EVO II[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Titleist 915 H1 3 Hybrid 70g Diamana 18 degree[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4-G Nippon Modus Tour 105 S[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Titleist Vokey SM6 56S [/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Titleist Vokey SM6 60k[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2[/font]
    [font=times new roman, times, serif]Vice Pro[/font]
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,246 ClubWRX
    2 different irons
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • maxcapouchmaxcapouch Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    What is Mizuno's typical release pattern? From those in the know, when can we expect to see these available?
    Titleist 915 D3 Tour Issue 8.5° - Fujikura Speeder XLR8 Pro 63x
    Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 13.5° - Aldila Rogue Silver 125msi 80TX
    Titleist 716 TMB 3 iron - Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 51°, 56°, 60° - Project X LZ 6.5
    Odyssey O-Works 7s
    edited May 8, 2017 #56
    WolfWRX wrote:

WolfWRX wrote:

IronMike33 wrote:

"Too simple"?????

WTF, LMAO😂

It's a Mizzy MCB for chrissakes, not a TBaG neon iron😜

Great point Wolf👊

All the Best,

RP

LOL. You put it better than I ever could Richard.
    No Wolf, I was a ****, lolol

Apologies Mike 🍻

Just ignore me, I eventually pass out😜

Have a great day/evening Gents👊

My Best,

RP
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    maxcapouch wrote:

What is Mizuno's typical release pattern? From those in the know, when can we expect to see these available?

In the past it was always tour release during the Open and a septemberish release for the public. But these showed up really early, so maybe we get them earlier aswell
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • starsail85starsail85 Members Posts: 4,799 ClubWRX
    Interesting stuff on the Usga website

Seems the product is labelled differently for Japan and USA markets , mizuno pro 118 and mizuno mp 18

Also a s118 wedge/ mizuno pro 18 wedge I take it designed to replace the s5
    Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
    Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
    Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
    Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
    Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
    Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58
    edited May 8, 2017 #59
    cane700 wrote:

TWshoot67 wrote:

Nobody called these blades they're referring to another picture of an MP 18 muscle back that looks different than this club.
    Yeppers.......

I would consider the "SC" a MCB versus a CB though I've gotta feeling that like TW said, "SC" stands for "Split Cavity"

Fairways Greens & Blades 4ever⛳️🏌️

RP
  • jrshelbyjrshelby Members Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    starsail85 wrote:

Interesting stuff on the Usga website

Seems the product is labelled differently for Japan and USA markets , mizuno pro 118 and mizuno mp 18

Also a s118 wedge/ mizuno pro 18 wedge I take it designed to replace the s5
    yep I missed this
    EPIC Flash SZ 9° Pro 2.0 TS 7X  / EPIC Flash 5W 17° Pro 2.0 TS 8X
    APEX Pro '19 4, APEX MB '
    18 5-A MODUS 130 S / RAW MD4 54 + 60 S-Grind MODUS Wedge 125
    Toulon '19 Austin
  • hollowgramhollowgram Members Posts: 20
    also...THIS.

R2017-0111.jpg
    WITB

TM M3 2018 9.5 deg (set 1 deg low), 44", Kuro Kage Silver Tini XT 70 TX
    TM M1 2018 15 deg (set 1.5 deg low), 42.5" Kuro Kage Silver Tini XT 80X