Junior Wedges

I like the wedges from Flynn the best of all the junior clubs. Mike has great customer service and with all the different shaft options ( multiple colors) kids really like them.

The one thing about Flynn is there wedges, distance wise, are shorter than the US Kids of matching lengths.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

I like the wedges from Flynn the best of all the junior clubs. Mike has great customer service and with all the different shaft options ( multiple colors) kids really like them.

The one thing about Flynn is there wedges, distance wise, are shorter than the US Kids of matching lengths.

I haven't noticed that but I'll have to take your word on it. Flynn' wedges just seem better built than the US Kids wedges. If your son or daughter is strong enough, you may be able to get adult wedges with graphite shafts.

I haven't noticed that but I'll have to take your word on it. Flynn' wedges just seem better built than the US Kids wedges. If your son or daughter is strong enough, you may be able to get adult wedges with graphite shafts.

My son swings Adult Clubs now with Steel Shafts. Wilson FGTourV6 Irons 4-PW and Wilson FGTour PMP Wedges all with steel KBS Tour 80 shafts.

The Flynn Clubs were 5 yards shorter for him with matching lofts.

My son swings Adult Clubs now with Steel Shafts. Wilson FGTourV6 Irons 4-PW and Wilson FGTour PMP Wedges all with steel KBS Tour 80 shafts.

I've noticed that the Flynn wedges don't spin as much as the US Kids wedges. I'm currently looking for an alternative but haven't found anything that would be light enough without going back to US Kids.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

I've noticed that the Flynn wedges don't spin as much as the US Kids wedges. I'm currently looking for an alternative but haven't found anything that would be light enough without going back to US Kids.

If your goal is to have the absolute best wedges go out and buy something like a Vokey or MD3 and re-shaft them. The US kids heads for wedges are actually pretty heavy. There really is nothing wrong with the US kids wedges until the swing speed is closer to an average women swing.

To be honest if the swing speed is less then an average women you probably shouldn't worry about the quality of club that much. You much better off getting them to be able to play a full 9 or 18 holes. You can have the best club in the world but if they swing 40mph is not going to go very far or spin much.

How old is your son? Just curious as to what age kids are switching to adult heads and shafts on the irons.

How old is your son? Just curious as to what age kids are switching to adult heads and shafts on the irons.

My son just turned 12 last week. He has had the clubs for about a month and a half. He was fitted for them.

Thanks. My son just turned 11 and is very small for his age. He isn't strong enough yet to swing adults clubs even cut down with graphite shafts. It may be a couple of years before he makes that jump unless he hits growth spurt soon. He struggles to compete with the really good players in his age group just because of the distance factor. The good thing is his short game is good and he loves practicing that part of his game. I'm hoping that pays off down the line when he grows and catches up with some of the other kids. I do have him hitting a Cobra F7 driver and the Cobra F7 5 wood. He loves those clubs and has no problem hitting them straight. A buddy of mine has a son who is very competitive for his age and has played the world several times. He just got fitted for adult irons and he is 9 years old.

• Like 1

Thanks. My son just turned 11 and is very small for his age. He isn't strong enough yet to swing adults clubs even cut down with graphite shafts. It may be a couple of years before he makes that jump unless he hits growth spurt soon. He struggles to compete with the really good players in his age group just because of the distance factor. The good thing is his short game is good and he loves practicing that part of his game. I'm hoping that pays off down the line when he grows and catches up with some of the other kids. I do have him hitting a Cobra F7 driver and the Cobra F7 5 wood. He loves those clubs and has no problem hitting them straight. A buddy of mine has a son who is very competitive for his age and has played the world several times. He just got fitted for adult irons and he is 9 years old.

He must be a really big and strong 9 year old. My son is pretty competitive. His US Kids tournament average is below par.

• 9 months later...

I think I need to chill a bit on equipment for my kid. I just bought him these MG wedges with smak wrap recoils. He tried them out for the first time yesterday and appeared to be hitting them well. Still need to get them on the course to see how the ball will react off the grooves.

those are quite pretty! I just ordered mine some custom Edel golf wedges (To match her putter). Great thing about living 15 mins from their doorstep. They are doing custom weight, colors, and grinds for her. Should have them early next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I need to chill a bit on equipment for my kid. I just bought him these MG wedges with smak wrap recoils. He tried them out for the first time yesterday and appeared to be hitting them well. Still need to get them on the course to see how the ball will react off the grooves.

Just got hers in. Custom wedges 100% from Edel. Custom Grinds, Custom weight. Great fitting process!!

Kekoa and Darter - good thing the rest of our kids are not reading these threads..... they'd trade us in for new golf parents! Ha. Those wedges all do look sweet though! Curios to hear feedback on how these perform vs. the incumbents.

TS3 Wedge report - After a month with the new 51" TS3 56* wedge, my son has almost regained his greenside touch that he had with the UL48 56*. He loved the UL 48 and fought the change, but his left hand was almost off the club! However, for whatever reason on full swings with the TS3 56* , he often doesn't compress the ball and kind of scoops it. 3/4 swings and less he makes great contact and the wedge has good bite. He hits the PW and up solidly. We'll keep working on it but I am close to adding the 52* wedge to help fill the gap between the 3/4 56* swing and his PW. Last week at Jekyll he was stuck in that gap on the final hole with a front pin and I talked him into hitting a softer PW.....which he goes on to hit over the flag leaving a long steep downhill putt....he looks at me and barks " See , that is what I was afraid of! :swoon: " haha. He drained it for birdie and all was forgotten.

My son is asking for a new Cleveland CBX 56* customized in The Flash red and yellow. I really like the sole of it for a do it all wedge out of bunkers and greenside as well as forgiving for longer pitches and full shots. We’ll see how it goes. If the KBs jr shaft doesn’t SW out with his other irons, we’ll pop the same graphite shaft in there as well.

My son is asking for a new Cleveland CBX 56* customized in The Flash red and yellow. I really like the sole of it for a do it all wedge out of bunkers and greenside as well as forgiving for longer pitches and full shots. We'll see how it goes. If the KBs jr shaft doesn't SW out with his other irons, we'll pop the same graphite shaft in there as well.

thats an option we almost went with. Can't go wrong with Cleveland. I'll post feedback after she had some time to hit shots ect.

Kekoa and Darter - good thing the rest of our kids are not reading these threads..... they'd trade us in for new golf parents! Ha. Those wedges all do look sweet though! Curios to hear feedback on how these perform vs. the incumbents.

TS3 Wedge report - After a month with the new 51" TS3 56* wedge, my son has almost regained his greenside touch that he had with the UL48 56*. He loved the UL 48 and fought the change, but his left hand was almost off the club! However, for whatever reason on full swings with the TS3 56* , he often doesn't compress the ball and kind of scoops it. 3/4 swings and less he makes great contact and the wedge has good bite. He hits the PW and up solidly. We'll keep working on it but I am close to adding the 52* wedge to help fill the gap between the 3/4 56* swing and his PW. Last week at Jekyll he was stuck in that gap on the final hole with a front pin and I talked him into hitting a softer PW.....which he goes on to hit over the flag leaving a long steep downhill putt....he looks at me and barks " See , that is what I was afraid of! :swoon: " haha. He drained it for birdie and all was forgotten.

Remember all good shots are all him and bad shots it always your fault! I would suggest getting a GW for that reason. The reason she has one.

Just got hers in. Custom wedges 100% from Edel. Custom Grinds, Custom weight. Great fitting process!!

Those wedges are sick. Congrats!!

My son has played a handful of rounds with the TM wedges. He really likes them. I would say he has gained about 7-10 yards with the TM wedges, but distance isn't really what we were after. I was looking for something that matched his irons in terms of heft. Also wanted real grooves. I noticed that the ball would crawl up face on the US Kids and Flynn wedges given the face area. It made for some very inconsistent full wedge shots.

My son has played a handful of rounds with the TM wedges. He really likes them. I would say he has gained about 7-10 yards with the TM wedges, but distance isn't really what we were after. I was looking for something that matched his irons in terms of heft. Also wanted real grooves. I noticed that the ball would crawl up face on the US Kids and Flynn wedges given the face area. It made for some very inconsistent full wedge shots.

Sounds what I am after with her as well. Her wedge game is really hurting her scoring, and even good shots are not being rewarded based on the design of kids wedges. from the demo they made when on the launch monitor she was getting 5 extra yards and its an inch longer but with steel shafts. But the spin numbers and accuracy is what I was most impressed with. You can feel the groove difference between that and kids clubs. If this works out well I might get her some edel irons too! haha! Its sad when your kid has better gamers than you do. We will see once she has some time to take them on the course.

Sounds like the same problem I am having above. How do they compare in weight to the USK Wedges? Heavier I assume, but any concerning trouble adjusting?

Sounds like the same problem I am having above. How do they compare in weight to the USK Wedges? Heavier I assume, but any concerning trouble adjusting?

Significantly heavier. I don't bother measuring SW etc. because these adult wedges aren't really made to be cut down so much. No real problem adjusting since my kid already plays adult iron heads as well. One thing that takes some getting used to is how much the ball checks.

I would love some feedback on the Cleveland Junior wedges. My daughter is 10 and plays Flynn irons with the graphite shafts. I’m just curious how the weight would effect her with the steel shaft. There are a couple different options to choose from as well as far as the models go. Does anybody have feedback on these?

Kekoa hit it. Lots heavier tan fly us kids.i did have my done by Edel who 100 percent custom so they took some weight off but not a lot.

In terms of performance in our two days the ball will check fast. I would bet this will be an adjustment for her, but a good one.

She never went the Cleveland route but those are the same heads as the adults just less weight. The steel i think you can get away with more with wedges but can always get it reshafted. Recoil makes some great light weight ones.

I went ahead and got the Cleveland 56 degree wedge for her at the PGA Superstore. She loved the look of it but when we got home and she tried it out, it was still a little heavy for her. I’m going to put it away for now and let her hit it when she gets a little stronger. Even with the junior shaft, it is still significantly heavier than the US kids or Flynn wedges.