Someone's lyin' about their golf game when they....

1356789

Comments

  • bubbagumpshrimpbubbagumpshrimp Members Posts: 579
    I just tell people that I suck ahead of time. Set the expectations low so that people will never be disappointed.
  • AceCatKYAceCatKY Members Posts: 638 ✭✭
    Had this happen last week with a guy I got paired up with.



    He starts by talking about all of his scores recently "yeah bro I shot 75, 73, 77 last week".



    A few holes in he is slapping it around and then I'm hit with the "man I just don't score well here, I play better at Course X where its harder."



    At the turn; " Idk whats up today, I was hitting all the flags at the range yesterday".



    End of the day: he cards a 99 and I shot 77 which wasn't great but was just glad to get the round over with. Even after the round he would not stop with all the talk of "this course is too easy, I cant focus enough to score well" okayyyy.
    910D3 9.5* Aldila RIP Phenom
    M2 15*
    816H2 21*
    Ping Eye 2 5-PW ZZ Lite
    MIzuno MP 52-07 / Ping Eye 2 U Groove 56* SW / Oil Can Vokey SM 60*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 Mallet Raw
    ProV1
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,832 ✭✭


    Golf's too hard to tell the truth. Sorta like life.
    life is like a box of chocolates.... and so is my game.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • eHawleywoodeHawleywood Members Posts: 92 ✭✭


    I pulled a back muscle moving a couch for my buddy, so my drives probably won't be as long today....




    I had a soccer coach in high school who would drop this every time he was trying to demonstrate something and screwed up. Just immediately grabbed his back and said "ah this old back injury". Ten minutes later he'd be running with us again. A classic blame, I suppose
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G LS 8 Aldila Rogue Silver 70x[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16* 3w Oban Revenge 8 05[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-H5 2, 4 N.S.Pro 1150GS TS[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-25 5-P N.S.Pro 1150GS TS[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno JPX850f GW, T7 56.14[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Edel DVR/Bridgestone J15 60[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bettinardi Studio Stock #16[/font]
  • Lenny7Lenny7 Unregistered Posts: 192
    When they shoot better than me.
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,109 ✭✭
    robrey85 wrote:


    Did you guys know that Donald Trump is a +2?








    [background=rgb(102, 102, 153)]

    USGA Handicap Index Information[/background]


    Name: Donald Trump





    Club Handicap Index Effective Date Low H.I.

    Trump National, Washington Dc

    Virginia State Golf Assoc 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National - Colts Neck

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National G C, Jupiter

    Florida State Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump International Golf Club

    Florida State Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Winged Foot Golf Club

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National GC Bedminster

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National GC Westchester

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8






    Revision Scores
    Recent Scores
    H.I. Hist
    C.H. Calc
    My Card






    Used T Date Score CR/Slope Diff. * H 6/16 77 72.4/134 3.9 T 5/15 85 73.0/144 9.4 T 5/15 81 71.6/140 7.6 H 10/14 86 74.7/149 8.6 H 10/14 84 74.7/149 7.1 * T 7/14 75 69.5/137 4.5 C 7/14 83 71.8/135 9.4 * T 6/14 78 72.2/137 4.8 * C 6/14 77 73.1/143 3.1 * C 6/14 76 71.9/139 3.3 * T 8/13 70 72.3/147 -1.8 * T 7/13 76 70.2/132 5.0 * T 6/13 79 73.0/144 4.7 T 6/13 79 71.6/140 6.0 * T 7/12 76 73.9/144 1.6 * T 6/11 74 73.0/144 0.8 H 5/11 83 74.7/149 6.3 H 5/11 83 74.7/149 6.3 H 4/11 84 74.7/149 7.1 H 9/09 85 74.7/149 7.8



    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    T = Score Type (H - Home, A - Away, T - Tournament, P - Penalty,

    C - Combined)

    U - Used for USGA Handicap Index® Computation

    Low H.I. = Lowest Handicap Index over the last 12 months.




    [background=rgb(102, 102, 153)]Two Lowest Eligible Tournament Scores[/background]


    Used T Date Score CR/Slope Diff. T 8/13 70 72.3/147 -1.8 T 6/11 74 73.0/144 0.8 [/font]


    According to the GHIN handicap lookup he is a -2. Hasn't posted many scores recently though.

    Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Members Posts: 2,129 ✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

    robrey85 wrote:


    Did you guys know that Donald Trump is a +2?









    [background=rgb(102, 102, 153)]USGA Handicap Index Information[/background]

    Name: Donald Trump





    Club Handicap Index Effective Date Low H.I.

    Trump National, Washington Dc

    Virginia State Golf Assoc 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National - Colts Neck

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National G C, Jupiter

    Florida State Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump International Golf Club

    Florida State Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Winged Foot Golf Club

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National GC Bedminster

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National GC Westchester

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8








    Revision Scores

    Recent Scores

    H.I. Hist

    C.H. Calc

    My Card








    Used T Date Score CR/Slope Diff. * H 6/16 77 72.4/134 3.9 T 5/15 85 73.0/144 9.4 T 5/15 81 71.6/140 7.6 H 10/14 86 74.7/149 8.6 H 10/14 84 74.7/149 7.1 * T 7/14 75 69.5/137 4.5 C 7/14 83 71.8/135 9.4 * T 6/14 78 72.2/137 4.8 * C 6/14 77 73.1/143 3.1 * C 6/14 76 71.9/139 3.3 * T 8/13 70 72.3/147 -1.8 * T 7/13 76 70.2/132 5.0 * T 6/13 79 73.0/144 4.7 T 6/13 79 71.6/140 6.0 * T 7/12 76 73.9/144 1.6 * T 6/11 74 73.0/144 0.8 H 5/11 83 74.7/149 6.3 H 5/11 83 74.7/149 6.3 H 4/11 84 74.7/149 7.1 H 9/09 85 74.7/149 7.8




    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]T = Score Type (H - Home, A - Away, T - Tournament, P - Penalty,

    C - Combined)

    U - Used for USGA Handicap Index® Computation

    Low H.I. = Lowest Handicap Index over the last 12 months.
    [/font]





    [background=rgb(102, 102, 153)]Two Lowest Eligible Tournament Scores[/background]




    Used T Date Score CR/Slope Diff. T 8/13 70 72.3/147 -1.8 T 6/11 74 73.0/144 0.8





    According to the GHIN handicap lookup he is a -2. Hasn't posted many scores recently though.






    It was a joke because all the guy does is talk s*** about fake news and yadda yad yada. I could care more about watching a **** dry in the grass rather than anything related to him.
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX Posts: 3,204 ClubWRX
    robrey85 wrote:

    dlygrisse wrote:

    robrey85 wrote:


    Did you guys know that Donald Trump is a +2?









    [background=rgb(102, 102, 153)]USGA Handicap Index Information[/background]

    Name: Donald Trump





    Club Handicap Index Effective Date Low H.I.

    Trump National, Washington Dc

    Virginia State Golf Assoc 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National - Colts Neck

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National G C, Jupiter

    Florida State Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump International Golf Club

    Florida State Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Winged Foot Golf Club

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National GC Bedminster

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8 Trump National GC Westchester

    Metropolitan Golf Association 2.8 5/1/2017 2.8








    Revision Scores

    Recent Scores

    H.I. Hist

    C.H. Calc

    My Card








    Used T Date Score CR/Slope Diff. * H 6/16 77 72.4/134 3.9 T 5/15 85 73.0/144 9.4 T 5/15 81 71.6/140 7.6 H 10/14 86 74.7/149 8.6 H 10/14 84 74.7/149 7.1 * T 7/14 75 69.5/137 4.5 C 7/14 83 71.8/135 9.4 * T 6/14 78 72.2/137 4.8 * C 6/14 77 73.1/143 3.1 * C 6/14 76 71.9/139 3.3 * T 8/13 70 72.3/147 -1.8 * T 7/13 76 70.2/132 5.0 * T 6/13 79 73.0/144 4.7 T 6/13 79 71.6/140 6.0 * T 7/12 76 73.9/144 1.6 * T 6/11 74 73.0/144 0.8 H 5/11 83 74.7/149 6.3 H 5/11 83 74.7/149 6.3 H 4/11 84 74.7/149 7.1 H 9/09 85 74.7/149 7.8




    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]T = Score Type (H - Home, A - Away, T - Tournament, P - Penalty,

    C - Combined)

    U - Used for USGA Handicap Index® Computation

    Low H.I. = Lowest Handicap Index over the last 12 months.
    [/font]





    [background=rgb(102, 102, 153)]Two Lowest Eligible Tournament Scores[/background]




    Used T Date Score CR/Slope Diff. T 8/13 70 72.3/147 -1.8 T 6/11 74 73.0/144 0.8





    According to the GHIN handicap lookup he is a -2. Hasn't posted many scores recently though.






    It was a joke because all the guy does is talk s*** about fake news and yadda yad yada. I could care more about watching a **** dry in the grass rather than anything related to him.






    If you really don't care, why did you bring him up in the first place?
    Ping G400 Max - Diamana DF 60 TX or Accra RPG 462 M5 or Accra TZ5 65 M5 or Accra TZ6 75 M5
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    PXG Gen 2 - 0311X 2 Iron HZRDUS 105 6.5
    PXG 0311X - 4 Iron HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    PXG 0311T - 5 to PW - C Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58 Links K
    Taylormade Spider X Copper Slant Neck - Ping Ketsch TR - Bettinardi BB0 Texas Tea - TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Members Posts: 2,129 ✭✭
    cvvorst wrote:






    If you really don't care, why did you bring him up in the first place?




    Because he's the liar I thought of when I read the ops post. The fact I don't care about what he has to do with is beside the point. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX Posts: 3,204 ClubWRX
    robrey85 wrote:

    cvvorst wrote:


    If you really don't care, why did you bring him up in the first place?




    Because he's the liar I thought of when I read the ops post. The fact I don't care about what he has to do with is beside the point. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />




    Agree to disagree I guess. If I really don't care about something/someone, I'm not going to shoehorn a comment about it into a thread that has nothing to do with it/him. I thought this place was supposed to be free of politics anyway?
    Ping G400 Max - Diamana DF 60 TX or Accra RPG 462 M5 or Accra TZ5 65 M5 or Accra TZ6 75 M5
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    PXG Gen 2 - 0311X 2 Iron HZRDUS 105 6.5
    PXG 0311X - 4 Iron HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    PXG 0311T - 5 to PW - C Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58 Links K
    Taylormade Spider X Copper Slant Neck - Ping Ketsch TR - Bettinardi BB0 Texas Tea - TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Members Posts: 2,129 ✭✭
    cvvorst wrote:

    robrey85 wrote:

    cvvorst wrote:


    If you really don't care, why did you bring him up in the first place?




    Because he's the liar I thought of when I read the ops post. The fact I don't care about what he has to do with is beside the point. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />




    Agree to disagree I guess. If I really don't care about something/someone, I'm not going to shoehorn a comment about it into a thread that has nothing to do with it/him. I thought this place was supposed to be free of politics anyway?




    Not sure why you thought that, this is the internet son! Everything goes as far as I'm concerned (assuming it abides by the rules of the forum, lol). Not to mention, how's it a comment about the Presidents index considered to be "political" ?



    On a side note; let's say I care enough to know that he's a liar, therefore shoehorned a comment about him into this thread, haha.
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals Posts: 3,203 mod
    edited May 11, 2017 #73
    Topic cleaned up.



    Forum rules prohibit the discussion of politics.
    Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 453 ✭✭


    I just tell people that I suck ahead of time. Set the expectations low so that people will never be disappointed.




    Thats what I do too. I usually play with my brother and people always seem to ask about our handicap. I usually tell them my handicap is my swing and that I suck. Or that my handicap is my wife since she won't let me practice as much as I would like. It takes the pressure off me too and I can just relax knowing there aren't much expectations.
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers Posts: 15,425 ✭✭


    I just tell people that I suck ahead of time. Set the expectations low so that people will never be disappointed.




    image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' /> I know lots of people like that... image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />
    • Titleist TS2 9.5, Project X6C12 Tour Issue
    • Titleist 917D2 15*, Blueboard 83 x5ct,"S"
    • Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, C-Taper Tour
    • Titleist 716CB 3i-PW, C-Taper Tour
    • SM6 F-52*, C-Taper Tour
    • SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    • SC California Monterey
    • ProV1

  • Chris WedgieChris Wedgie Members Posts: 100
    Danm2501 wrote:


    C_gqq3tWsAApblP.jpg



    ......shoot 127 in a US Open Qualifier.



    Ouch.




    Wow, is that real? I always encourage trying but.......it's just not your thing image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • breakingbadbreakingbad Members Posts: 112
    Ferguson wrote:


    Played with a guy a few weeks ago who "tagged" himself as an "8.............from the tips."

    I introduced myself as a "7.8...............from Virginia."
    • Blatant ignorance about the HC system = lies.






    The mysterious back pains or stomach cramps that show up after a few bad holes, then fade away after a few pars.
    • Fake Injuries = lies.






    The ball that is found in the woods with opening to the fairway, on an area cleared of debris...................absolutely amazing.
    • The found ball = lies.







    Wow. This nailed it
  • Danm2501Danm2501 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭

    Danm2501 wrote:


    C_gqq3tWsAApblP.jpg



    ......shoot 127 in a US Open Qualifier.



    Ouch.




    Wow, is that real? I always encourage trying but.......it's just not your thing image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Oh, it's real:



    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39892101



    Plays off 1.4 apparently. Must have had a real bad day!
    Taylormade M1 HZRDUS Red 62 TI
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons (4-SW)
    Vokey SM5 Wedge 50*
    Callaway Mack Daddy III 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

    Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
  • Nvd13Nvd13 Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    edited May 12, 2017 #79

    xoted wrote:

    Sean2 wrote:



    Ok, they're out there, they lie about their game, their shots, their equipment, where they've been, who they've met or played with, or they potentially will make up lies some day, so you know they're coming... what did they or will they lie about when it comes to golf?




    I don't know what they get out of it. For one thing, they know it's not true, for another most people simply don't care.




    I think some people just go through life lying about themselves to others, and golf is just one aspect of it.



    The women they hooked up with, what they paid for their car, how they're not financially distressed, their salary, etc.




    Did you see thrillhouse running around the forums bragging about talking the dealer down to $28,000 for his brand new Honda Odyssey? No, you didn't, he could have, but thrillhouse is too humble.




    What I've learned over the years

    People over pay for their house

    Under pay for their car

    And always drive the ball 270-280 with the swing speed of 110-120.

    What I don't understand is when have a round together I'm only 10-20 yards behind them all day.... I hit the ball 220.
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,664 ✭✭
    AceCatKY wrote:


    Had this happen last week with a guy I got paired up with.



    He starts by talking about all of his scores recently "yeah bro I shot 75, 73, 77 last week".



    A few holes in he is slapping it around and then I'm hit with the "man I just don't score well here, I play better at Course X where its harder."



    At the turn; " Idk whats up today, I was hitting all the flags at the range yesterday".



    End of the day: he cards a 99 and I shot 77 which wasn't great but was just glad to get the round over with. Even after the round he would not stop with all the talk of "this course is too easy, I cant focus enough to score well" okayyyy.






    Anyone that uses one of those “trying to be cool” terms in any variation during an initial greeting on the tee in golf is probably a liar.



    The "terms" include, but are not limited to: Bro, Brah, Cap'n, Chief, Coolbreeze, Spanner, Tanner, Clando, Milkweed, Money, Buddy Roe, Mando, Bud, Pal-O, Cheeseman, Headso, Clipper, Squirrel, Pole Cat, Big Dog, Cheeks, or Moon Apple.
  • isaacbmisaacbm Members Posts: 3,273 ✭✭
    Played with Thrillhouse yesterday and got paired with a single. Super nice guy. I mean awesome really. We go for 17 holes and just had a blast and then out of nowhere this conversation happens:



    Him "I can't believe how you guys hit it over 300 on every drive. It amazes me." ( not one drive over 290 was hit all day. Thrillhouse was hitting 3 wood 250 most shots and I only hit driver on a couple of holes because the course was only 6300 yards. I did hit a cart path once and maybe got it out there to 300 on that shot...)



    Me " Well in Calgary, the elevation can add a few yards..." (just trying to be nice)



    Him " I know! it's like when I'm doing sets of 300 lbs on the bench. It's so much easier to do them in Ontario then in Alberta. (this guy was 5'8", 320 pounds, and hadn't lifted more than a bag of Doritos in years) Same with squats... reps of 500 way easier there then here! "



    Me " ........ "



    Him " You know what I mean? "



    Me " I guess it must be easier to lift because the weights are lighter the closer you get to the center of the earth?"



    Him " Could be... "



    Thrillhouse to me " What in the sweet f%&K? "



    Me " This went sideways fast "



    Powerlifter " You guys need anymore beer for the last hole?"





    Regardless, still had a great day!
  • chas521chas521 Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭


    "Oh man...I can't believe how poorly I'm playing - seriously, this is my first round of the year. I'm usually in the upper 70's"




    Sure he plays in the upper 70's but when it gets colder he doesn't play at all!
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,664 ✭✭
    Love this one. Guy makes double and coming off the green he says, I have a buddy that's a scratch player.



    Like that somehow makes this guy's bad game........better?
  • needfasp3edneedfasp3ed Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    ... Are at the bar.
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,378 ✭✭
    Danm2501 wrote:


    Danm2501 wrote:


    C_gqq3tWsAApblP.jpg



    ......shoot 127 in a US Open Qualifier.



    Ouch.




    Wow, is that real? I always encourage trying but.......it's just not your thing image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Oh, it's real:



    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39892101



    Plays off 1.4 apparently. Must have had a real bad day!




    Bad day ... Like an arm fell off on the range and he decided to tough it out?
    Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Sun Mountain Swift X
  • YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭
    When I play with someone new, they think I am a sandbagger......Until they add up my score.
  • Brock LandersBrock Landers Members Posts: 240
    nix wrote:


    ...when you see their driver and it has momentous crown marks, but yeah, you hear how they bomb it...in fifteen years, JP has never had a crown mark on any wood...



    ...they carry a ball in their pocket all the time during play...sorry, you are probably going to cheat at some point, which is, you know, something that happens...



    Their neck skin is pasty. You can't play and be pasty, sorry. Not even an Irishman.




    ..When they say that their driver doesn't have crown marks. They ALL have them.



    Also, I always carry a ball in my pocket because i am very liable to lose a ball and I'm not about to hold up play to go back to the cart to get a ball.


    I always have a ball in my pocket, and believe me if it were to cheat I would never shoot 108, or average 103.
    910 d2 10.5 axivcore black x
    Adams Red 20* Matrix Altus, x
    Adams super dhy 24, 27 dg r300
    588 cb/mb 6-9 dg s300
    588 rtx 48,52,56 dg w
    pm grind 60, 64 dg w
    Cleveland classic black no.1
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members Posts: 3,328 ✭✭
    JP's drivers and woods do not have sky marks, for the record.

    His TM 580 was sky marked when he lent it to a friend. JP told him could keep the club, but did not say why till now.

    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 21* 24*
    Mizuno MP-15 5-PW
    Epon 210KGX 52* 56*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Longneck
  • bullie76bullie76 Members Posts: 2,177 ✭✭
    I played a round with Jack Nicklaus last week. He shot 77 and I had a 72. Enjoyed his company. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    My senior bag.......
    Taylormade M2(2016) 9.5* driver reg
    Taylormade RBZ 13* 3 wood reg
    Adams TL2 - FW 16* 4 wood & 3,4 hybrids reg
    Ping G 6-pw(power lofts), i200 U wedge(49*).....CFS graphite reg
    Ping Glide 54/58 ss reg
    Ping Craz-E putter
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,825 ✭✭
    ...Had an "injury" that stopped them turning pro. Heard that one today. Pro shanker maybe. Golfer definitely not.
  • aliikanealiikane Members Posts: 1,603 ✭✭
    Was playing at a course as a single about 10 years ago. The course is rated one of the hardest courses on the west coast. A guy behind me catches up to me and asks to join. I said fine. Long hair and looked like a Kenny G. He told me that he plays on the Nationwide Tour and made a sizable check a few weeks ago and is playing in another Nationwide tournament in a couple weeks. Right after his first shot, I was thinking "no way is this guy a Nationwide Tour" guy. After playing with him for a few holes, he was at best maybe a 12 handicap and that is still stretching it. He was hitting it all over the place and swing looked like a 20 handicapper.
Sign In or Register to comment.