GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

DECADE by BirdieFire

15678911»

Comments

• xmanhockey7xmanhockey7 Members  433WRX Points: 132Posts: 433 Greens

Someone tweeted to Scott about the hole on Twitter. Yeah it’s pretty much a 235ish shot to that landing zone and hope you hit a good one. It’s about 40 yards wide there.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HsteadHstead Members  6378WRX Points: 222Posts: 6,378 Titanium Tees

One thing I see people missing is the point Scott makes about moving your target away from the flag. The dispersion is going to leave approximately the same exact amount of shots near the hole for easy birdies yet moves the wider shots dispersed away from trouble. You end up with the same number of birdies, just less bogeys.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
    Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS X
    Titleist 818 H1
    Ping i210 4-U X100
    Ping Glide 3.0 56* & 60* S400 Half Moon Grind
    Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #6
    ProV1

Ooohhh. Look at the expert. You must be watching your videos ;)

Posted:
  • Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members  4148WRX Points: 386Posts: 4,148 Titanium Tees

Dumb question, got the impression there was a bit of a trial period, but when I downloaded the app, where it said "in app purchases," it said to create an account, and then talked about subscription fees already. Never did the touch ID "purchase" where a dollar figure was shown, I just don't want to get charged. I wanted to try it out, as being in Canada, with the exchange, the price would almost double. I deleted the app, but I saw nothing about a trial period. There is next to no "contact us" or anything on the website.

I think I'm ok, but just wondered if I missed something.

Posted:

Scott has some free content on YouTube, insta, and Twitter. No free trial for the DECADE program that I’m aware of though.

Posted:
  • ndlutzndlutz Members  49WRX Points: 38Handicap: 13.6Posts: 49 Bunkers

I signed up for the elite version. I'm a mid handicap player but I like stats and Arccos wasn't cutting it for me for a multitude of reasons.

The course management aspect to this program is really unlike anything I've ever thought about on the golf course. I'm really looking forward to putting it into practice during my next round.

I'm hoping to just glean something from the stats to let me know where to start my improvement plan.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cutchemist42cutchemist42 Members  128WRX Points: 40Handicap: 19.9Posts: 128 Fairways

So I know of an opening hole with a guaranteed lost-ball-in-woods 10 yards off the left fairway edge once you are landing 280 out.The 65 yard cone from that edge puts maybe 30% of the cone into the opposite fairway where people are walking towards.

I know the pace of play is impacted but scott would say accept the shot from the 2nd fairway/rough and wait for people on the 2nd hole tee off?

Posted:
  • ndlutzndlutz Members  49WRX Points: 38Handicap: 13.6Posts: 49 Bunkers

I would say that's the play for you. Also, keep in mind that if you're taking the DECADE approach to course management, you will hit some but not all of your shots there. Hopefully you will hit your target some and will also have approximately 50% of your shots land left of target.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.