Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

1171820222352

Comments

  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,602 ✭✭
    jbole267 wrote:


    I have never been as intrigued by a shaft as the Tensei Pro Orange. How is everyone else fairing with theirs? Also, anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?




    I love my PO 60 Stiff! Smooth, stable and powerful! For me it’s a mid-low launch shaft with ideal spin (2200-2400 rpm average last LM test).
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 115 Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5
  • Armour248Armour248 Posts: 402 ✭✭
    Picking up my PO 70TX this weekend...excited to test it out next week
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members Posts: 2,271 ✭✭
    If anyone is looking to offload their Kuro Dual Core XT TX 70g, DM me.

    Looking for 1/2” tipped and playing 45+” in TM or Callaway
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    noodle3872 wrote:

    jbole267 wrote:


    I have never been as intrigued by a shaft as the Tensei Pro Orange. How is everyone else fairing with theirs? Also, anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?




    I love my PO 60 Stiff! Smooth, stable and powerful! For me it’s a mid-low launch shaft with ideal spin (2200-2400 rpm average last LM test).




    Still no shaft gives me the ball speed numbers on the high end that Pro Orange does. I hit it longer than anything else.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

    noodle3872 wrote:

    jbole267 wrote:


    I have never been as intrigued by a shaft as the Tensei Pro Orange. How is everyone else fairing with theirs? Also, anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?




    I love my PO 60 Stiff! Smooth, stable and powerful! For me it's a mid-low launch shaft with ideal spin (2200-2400 rpm average last LM test).




    Still no shaft gives me the ball speed numbers on the high end that Pro Orange does. I hit it longer than anything else.
    Did you feel the need to add lead tape to the heads with the PO? I've never used a CB shaft... that's why I stick with the Blue.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • odshot68odshot68 Members Posts: 7,826 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

    noodle3872 wrote:

    jbole267 wrote:


    I have never been as intrigued by a shaft as the Tensei Pro Orange. How is everyone else fairing with theirs? Also, anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?




    I love my PO 60 Stiff! Smooth, stable and powerful! For me it's a mid-low launch shaft with ideal spin (2200-2400 rpm average last LM test).




    Still no shaft gives me the ball speed numbers on the high end that Pro Orange does. I hit it longer than anything else.




    How will it play or feel different than a Tensei Pro White 60? Putting into a G300 LST head 10 degree
    Mizuno ST 190G Fuji Atmos Black 6X Tour Spec
    Mizuno ST 190 3TS Fuji Atmos Black 6X Tour Spec
    Ping G410 #3 Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
    TaylorMade P790 #3 DG S300
    Callaway ‘19 Apex Pro 5-PW DG S300
    Vokey SM7 52.12F, 56S, 60L DG S200 
    Bettinardi BB29 
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    noodle3872 wrote:

    jbole267 wrote:


    I have never been as intrigued by a shaft as the Tensei Pro Orange. How is everyone else fairing with theirs? Also, anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?




    I love my PO 60 Stiff! Smooth, stable and powerful! For me it's a mid-low launch shaft with ideal spin (2200-2400 rpm average last LM test).




    Still no shaft gives me the ball speed numbers on the high end that Pro Orange does. I hit it longer than anything else.
    Did you feel the need to add lead tape to the heads with the PO? I've never used a CB shaft... that's why I stick with the Blue.




    For me personally, I like to add back 50% of the swingweight from a traditional balance point shaft. That's what works best for me. Adding it all back just makes the club feel too head heavy and the shaft too loose. That's my personal preference.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Toll - can you provide any feedback on the Diamana BF?
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:


    Toll - can you provide any feedback on the Diamana BF?




    Similar to the original blue board really. A little more stout feeling maybe, but very very close in overall profile and performance. I'd call it more mid spin compared to the shafts in this test.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Armour248Armour248 Posts: 402 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:


    For me personally, I like to add back 50% of the swingweight from a traditional balance point shaft. That's what works best for me. Adding it all back just makes the club feel too head heavy and the shaft too loose. That's my personal preference.




    Because I'm a moron that has never gotten deep into swingweight stuff...any guess at what you'd add to a 2016 M2 head? I figure that 50% is a good starting point and then can adjust from there. Thanks.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Armour248 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:


    For me personally, I like to add back 50% of the swingweight from a traditional balance point shaft. That's what works best for me. Adding it all back just makes the club feel too head heavy and the shaft too loose. That's my personal preference.




    Because I'm a moron that has never gotten deep into swingweight stuff...any guess at what you'd add to a 2016 M2 head? I figure that 50% is a good starting point and then can adjust from there. Thanks.




    It depends on what was in it before.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Armour248Armour248 Posts: 402 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

    Armour248 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:


    For me personally, I like to add back 50% of the swingweight from a traditional balance point shaft. That's what works best for me. Adding it all back just makes the club feel too head heavy and the shaft too loose. That's my personal preference.




    Because I'm a moron that has never gotten deep into swingweight stuff...any guess at what you'd add to a 2016 M2 head? I figure that 50% is a good starting point and then can adjust from there. Thanks.




    It depends on what was in it before.




    Derrrp. AD TP 6X.



    Also, hit my PO for the first time, today. Take it for what it's worth because the sample size is incredibly small and I wasn't exactly hitting the ball that great. But I picked up over 2 mph of ball speed and spin dropped 400 rpm from the AD TP. Best part was that my accuracy was much improved as well. Very impressed after one random winter GC2 session.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Armour248 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    Armour248 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:


    For me personally, I like to add back 50% of the swingweight from a traditional balance point shaft. That's what works best for me. Adding it all back just makes the club feel too head heavy and the shaft too loose. That's my personal preference.




    Because I'm a moron that has never gotten deep into swingweight stuff...any guess at what you'd add to a 2016 M2 head? I figure that 50% is a good starting point and then can adjust from there. Thanks.




    It depends on what was in it before.




    Derrrp. AD TP 6X.



    Also, hit my PO for the first time, today. Take it for what it's worth because the sample size is incredibly small and I wasn't exactly hitting the ball that great. But I picked up over 2 mph of ball speed and spin dropped 400 rpm from the AD TP. Best part was that my accuracy was much improved as well. Very impressed after one random winter GC2 session.




    Start with adding 3 grams.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Looks like Justin Rose just put Tensei Pro Orange 60tx back in play.



    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • CaddykevCaddykev Posts: 430 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:


    Looks like Justin Rose just put Tensei Pro Orange 60tx back in play.






    Tollbros, awesome work man. What characteristics have you noticed in testing about tipping 1 inch, half inch, and none at all when it comes to shaft performance such as spin, ball speed, distance, didpersion and so on? Thanks
  • Armour248Armour248 Posts: 402 ✭✭
    Just wanted to follow up on my PO swing weight adjustment. Without any lead tape, my 2016 M2 with a 70TX was just about D1. It does measure close to 46"...had a misunderstanding with the fitter and it was already gripped at 46", rather than 45", so I rolled with it. Anyway, I added lead tape and got it up to D5. I may adjust a little more but the extra weight was definitely necessary and very helpful.
  • Deuce78Deuce78 Posts: 1,238
    Armour248 wrote:
    Just wanted to follow up on my PO swing weight adjustment. Without any lead tape, my 2016 M2 with a 70TX was just about D1. It does measure close to 46"...had a misunderstanding with the fitter and it was already gripped at 46", rather than 45", so I rolled with it. Anyway, I added lead tape and got it up to D5. I may adjust a little more but the extra weight was definitely necessary and very helpful.


    How many grams is your head?
    TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
    917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
    WITB Link
  • Armour248Armour248 Posts: 402 ✭✭
    Deuce78 wrote:

    Armour248 wrote:
    Just wanted to follow up on my PO swing weight adjustment. Without any lead tape, my 2016 M2 with a 70TX was just about D1. It does measure close to 46"...had a misunderstanding with the fitter and it was already gripped at 46", rather than 45", so I rolled with it. Anyway, I added lead tape and got it up to D5. I may adjust a little more but the extra weight was definitely necessary and very helpful.


    How many grams is your head?




    To be honest I've never weighed it. Stock head and weight, so ~195g?
  • Deuce78Deuce78 Posts: 1,238
    Armour248 wrote:
    Deuce78 wrote:

    Armour248 wrote:
    Just wanted to follow up on my PO swing weight adjustment. Without any lead tape, my 2016 M2 with a 70TX was just about D1. It does measure close to 46"...had a misunderstanding with the fitter and it was already gripped at 46", rather than 45", so I rolled with it. Anyway, I added lead tape and got it up to D5. I may adjust a little more but the extra weight was definitely necessary and very helpful.


    How many grams is your head?




    To be honest I've never weighed it. Stock head and weight, so ~195g?


    Thanks, but If you could verify, I would appreciate it. You put in 8g going up 4 swingweights too. If anyone else has any info for actual headweight, length, and swingweight, I would appreciate it.
    TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
    917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
    WITB Link
  • wtswts Members Posts: 63
    You're assuming 1sw is 2grams, but that is typically not the case with the longer clubs, it would be more like 1.6grams/sw for a driver.
  • Armour248Armour248 Posts: 402 ✭✭
    Deuce78 wrote:


    Thanks, but If you could verify, I would appreciate it. You put in 8g going up 4 swingweights too. If anyone else has any info for actual headweight, length, and swingweight, I would appreciate it.




    I don't have a scale so I'm not sure when, or if, I'll have a chance to remove the tape and weight the head itself...but it definitely wasn't 8g of lead tape either. Probably more like 5.

    wts wrote:


    You're assuming 1sw is 2grams, but that is typically not the case with the longer clubs, it would be more like 1.6grams/sw for a driver.




    Yeah, and this thing is at 46", so less lead tape is necessary.
  • wtswts Members Posts: 63
    If you're mechanically inclined, Dave Tutelman and I designed a coupled of SW machines that are really not that hard to build. If you're interested you can go to Dave's website for the plans, http://www.tutelman.com/golf/measure/digitalSwingweightScale3.php#woodbase. Everyone needs a SW machine if you're going to play around(tinker) with golf clubs, ha ha.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    Going back over a lot of the data, seems the lower swing speed guys like myself are really loving the copperhead....



    Any chance the new EVO IV will be reviewed?
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Caddykev wrote:

    TollBros wrote:


    Looks like Justin Rose just put Tensei Pro Orange 60tx back in play.






    Tollbros, awesome work man. What characteristics have you noticed in testing about tipping 1 inch, half inch, and none at all when it comes to shaft performance such as spin, ball speed, distance, didpersion and so on? Thanks




    It totally depends on the particular shaft. Some really don't tighten up much and others are affected by very small amounts of tipping. That, of course, is info we keep to help fit our customers, which is info no other venders have. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    Going back over a lot of the data, seems the lower swing speed guys like myself are really loving the copperhead....



    Any chance the new EVO IV will be reviewed?




    Coppwrhead, even in TX which is the flex tested, is a very smooth feeling shaft and launches the ball fairly easily. It's not a shaft that you have to work hard to make perform for you. As for additions to the testing, we will do another one of these when there is a big enough evolution in the industry. By that I mean at least 5-6 new shafts released in this category. It's a ton of time and work, so it's something we like to do once a year for you guys.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,449 ✭✭
    I am another big supporter of the Tensei Pro Orange. I had one of my more consistent driving years this season after putting in the bag. I also have a KK DC 60 XT, but I have preferred the Orange. I really don't see myself switching driver shafts this year. I added some weight back to the head, and this helped. Swingweight is around D2-3.
    Epic Flash Subzero with Tensei PO 60 stiff shaft vs. Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei PW
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    edited Jan 22, 2018 #598
    TollBros wrote:

    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    Going back over a lot of the data, seems the lower swing speed guys like myself are really loving the copperhead....



    Any chance the new EVO IV will be reviewed?




    Coppwrhead, even in TX which is the flex tested, is a very smooth feeling shaft and launches the ball fairly easily. It's not a shaft that you have to work hard to make perform for you. As for additions to the testing, we will do another one of these when there is a big enough evolution in the industry. By that I mean at least 5-6 new shafts released in this category. It's a ton of time and work, so it's something we like to do once a year for you guys.


    How would you compare the Copperhead to the regular Tensei as far as feel and loading characteristics?
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,445 ClubWRX
    I love the pro orange but My misses are left.. I’m playing an epic 10.5 turned down to 9.0 with an aftermarket adapter. My pro orange is a 70s untipped played at 44.5... I’m thinking of going with a 60 or 70 Tx to help with that left miss... How much more stout is the TX over the 70s ? To many variables to answer ? Any input appreciated
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,263 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:


    I love the pro orange but My misses are left.. I’m playing an epic 10.5 turned down to 9.0 with an aftermarket adapter. My pro orange is a 70s untipped played at 44.5... I’m thinking of going with a 60 or 70 Tx to help with that left miss... How much more stout is the TX over the 70s ? To many variables to answer ? Any input appreciated




    The left miss is all too common with really counter balanced shafts.
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV


    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

    INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:


    I love the pro orange but My misses are left.. I’m playing an epic 10.5 turned down to 9.0 with an aftermarket adapter. My pro orange is a 70s untipped played at 44.5... I’m thinking of going with a 60 or 70 Tx to help with that left miss... How much more stout is the TX over the 70s ? To many variables to answer ? Any input appreciated




    Have you added any weight to the head to compensate for the counterbalance?
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
Sign In or Register to comment.