Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

1181921232453

Comments

  • kmokmo Members Posts: 656
    How much is everyone tipping their KK dc xt?
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,446 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:
    TheBIIgCat wrote:


    I love the pro orange but My misses are left.. I’m playing an epic 10.5 turned down to 9.0 with an aftermarket adapter. My pro orange is a 70s untipped played at 44.5... I’m thinking of going with a 60 or 70 Tx to help with that left miss... How much more stout is the TX over the 70s ? To many variables to answer ? Any input appreciated




    Have you added any weight to the head to compensate for the counterbalance?


    No, I sure haven’t. I probably should try that, it would make sense...
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

    TollBros wrote:
    TheBIIgCat wrote:


    I love the pro orange but My misses are left.. I’m playing an epic 10.5 turned down to 9.0 with an aftermarket adapter. My pro orange is a 70s untipped played at 44.5... I’m thinking of going with a 60 or 70 Tx to help with that left miss... How much more stout is the TX over the 70s ? To many variables to answer ? Any input appreciated




    Have you added any weight to the head to compensate for the counterbalance?


    No, I sure haven’t. I probably should try that, it would make sense...




    Give that a try. Many players will lose track of the head in the swing when it feels too light. Start with maybe 3 grams and go up from there.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,446 ClubWRX
    I appreciate it man
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:


    I appreciate it man




    No problem. It's a common oversight, and something I've seen take a product opinion from being "ok" to game changing. Good luck.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • GcukGcuk Members Posts: 29
    Does any lone know what version of the pro orange this is?
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 1,891 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

    TheBIIgCat wrote:

    TollBros wrote:
    TheBIIgCat wrote:


    I love the pro orange but My misses are left.. I'm playing an epic 10.5 turned down to 9.0 with an aftermarket adapter. My pro orange is a 70s untipped played at 44.5... I'm thinking of going with a 60 or 70 Tx to help with that left miss... How much more stout is the TX over the 70s ? To many variables to answer ? Any input appreciated




    Have you added any weight to the head to compensate for the counterbalance?


    No, I sure haven't. I probably should try that, it would make sense...




    Give that a try. Many players will lose track of the head in the swing when it feels too light. Start with maybe 3 grams and go up from there.




    Definitely this. I'm already using the heaviest weight in the 915 plus a bunch of lead tape crammed underneath and I had to play the Orange V2 1/2" longer to maintain the same head feel, which is the equivalent of 6 grams of head weight in SW terms.
    Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

    WITB Thread
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 Members Posts: 769 ✭✭
    Gcuk wrote:


    Does any lone know what version of the pro orange this is?




    I believe V2. I have a V3 and it says Mitsubishi Chemical, not Mitsubishi Rayon
  • kyle316kyle316 Members Posts: 476 ✭✭
    How does the Kuro Kage DC XT compare to the retail XT?
  • Gtyler14Gtyler14 Members Posts: 637 ✭✭
    kyle316 wrote:


    How does the Kuro Kage DC XT compare to the retail XT?




    It’s lower spin than the retail XT
    Tour issue M4 8.5 w/ Kuro Kage dual core 70TX tipped 1” 44”
    Tour issue M1 T3 14.3 Kuro Kage dual core 80TX tipped 1 42.5” or Diamana bf 80TX tipped 1
    Tour issue TM m1 3HL 17.8 fujikura p95x tipped 1 41.75”
    TM 790 UDI x100 39.75
    TM 750 tour Proto 4-pw tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 54 Tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 60 tour issue x100
    Nike method 001
    Scotty Cameron select Newport 2
  • kyle316kyle316 Members Posts: 476 ✭✭
    Gtyler14 wrote:

    kyle316 wrote:


    How does the Kuro Kage DC XT compare to the retail XT?


    It’s lower spin than the retail XT




    Is the retail still considered low spin? Are the profiles the same?
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,337 ✭✭
    The orange and white felt really soft in the handle to me -- anyone else? It surprised me for some reason.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • Gtyler14Gtyler14 Members Posts: 637 ✭✭
    edited Jan 28, 2018 #614
    kyle316 wrote:

    Gtyler14 wrote:

    kyle316 wrote:


    How does the Kuro Kage DC XT compare to the retail XT?


    It’s lower spin than the retail XT




    Is the retail still considered low spin? Are the profiles the same?




    Yes it is but the DC TX is lower spin since it has double the tini wire. I’ve hit both the retail xt and the DC TX but they weren’t the same weight and weren’t in the same head. I now have the proto xt the 70XTS but for what’s its worth the DC felt a little more stable but it was also tipped an inch. A few different variables so not an apples to apples comparison
    Tour issue M4 8.5 w/ Kuro Kage dual core 70TX tipped 1” 44”
    Tour issue M1 T3 14.3 Kuro Kage dual core 80TX tipped 1 42.5” or Diamana bf 80TX tipped 1
    Tour issue TM m1 3HL 17.8 fujikura p95x tipped 1 41.75”
    TM 790 UDI x100 39.75
    TM 750 tour Proto 4-pw tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 54 Tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 60 tour issue x100
    Nike method 001
    Scotty Cameron select Newport 2
  • GcukGcuk Members Posts: 29
    Where are you putting the lead tape on the bottom of the m2?
  • Armour248Armour248 Members Posts: 404 ✭✭
    Gcuk wrote:


    Where are you putting the lead tape on the bottom of the m2?




    Personal preference. I've spread most of mine equally around the back outside of the head.
  • manima1manima1 Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Gcuk wrote:


    Where are you putting the lead tape on the bottom of the m2?




    In the speed pocket channel is the logical place for me.
    M5 9.0 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx tipped 1"
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    SM5 60.08M - Wedge Flex Raw Black
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line
  • GcukGcuk Members Posts: 29
    edited Jan 29, 2018 #618
    manima1 wrote:

    Gcuk wrote:


    Where are you putting the lead tape on the bottom of the m2?




    In the speed pocket channel is the logical place for me.


    Thanks. I don't want to mess with the ball flight too much
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    kyle316 wrote:


    How does the Kuro Kage DC XT compare to the retail XT?




    Dual Core XT is a bit lower spin, smoother, more linear feel, and most of all it has this strange feel property that makes it feel stiffer the harder you swing. It has been reported by many members here, and is a big reason so many guys love it.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:


    The orange and white felt really soft in the handle to me -- anyone else? It surprised me for some reason.




    They are both butt soft profiles with very stiff tip sections. This is the general profile preferred overall by stronger, late release players.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • campioncampion 3-jack-king Members Posts: 652
    edited Jan 29, 2018 #621
    TollBros wrote:

    kyle316 wrote:


    How does the Kuro Kage DC XT compare to the retail XT?




    Dual Core XT is a bit lower spin, smoother, more linear feel, and most of all it has this strange feel property that makes it feel stiffer the harder you swing. It has been reported by many members here, and is a big reason so many guys love it.




    Just curious how much, is a “bit”?



    Also, thanks for all the info you’ve put out on this forum, it’s really cool to see quantifiable data from multiple tests on how a product performs
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    One of the best threads



    Thanks again guys
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    campion wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    kyle316 wrote:


    How does the Kuro Kage DC XT compare to the retail XT?




    Dual Core XT is a bit lower spin, smoother, more linear feel, and most of all it has this strange feel property that makes it feel stiffer the harder you swing. It has been reported by many members here, and is a big reason so many guys love it.




    Just curious how much, is a "bit"?



    Also, thanks for all the info you've put out on this forum, it's really cool to see quantifiable data from multiple tests on how a product performs




    I can't really give that data out. There are a lot of things that we just cannot release, simply because the testing done on those products was the result of customer submissions, either by clients on their own products, or clients submitting competitor products for comparison. Logistically it creates a lot of puddles I can't step in. Let's just say it's enough to make a difference.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • manima1manima1 Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    JT- what is the word on the new KK XD shafts to be released? Are they a retail version of the KKDC Tx?
    M5 9.0 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx tipped 1"
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    SM5 60.08M - Wedge Flex Raw Black
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line
  • terapinsterapins Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    I am looking at the tensei pro orange shaft and I am curious on what I should do. I currently swing at roughly 105-108. I am using a hzrdus black 6.0 in the 70 gram version in my cobra ltd pro and like it, curious if I go with the orange in the f8+, if I should tip it a half inch in the 70 stiff or go up in flex and lighter and no tipping. Thoughts please. I know that's not a lot of info. If I don't like the orange will throw the hzrdus black in. Thanks.
    Cobra King LTD Hzrdus black 6.0
    Titleist 917 f3 15.0 diamana d+ stiff
    Titleist 816 h2 19.0 diamana d+ stiff
    Bridgestone Tour B x-cb 4-pw Kbs $-taper stiff
    Cleveland rtx 3.0 50/56/60 Nippon modus3 wedge 115 stiff
    Taylormade Spider Tour black
  • GMR2ironGMR2iron Members Posts: 1,525 ✭✭
    terapins wrote:


    I am looking at the tensei pro orange shaft and I am curious on what I should do. I currently swing at roughly 105-108. I am using a hzrdus black 6.0 in the 70 gram version in my cobra ltd pro and like it, curious if I go with the orange in the f8+, if I should tip it a half inch in the 70 stiff or go up in flex and lighter and no tipping. Thoughts please. I know that's not a lot of info. If I don't like the orange will throw the hzrdus black in. Thanks.
    My as is just a hair under yours, 104-105, and I'm using the 60, tipped a half inch, and couldn't be happier. Hope that helps and not confuses things....
    Titleist 915D4 9.75 Matrix Black Tie
    Titleist 915F 15.5 Matrix Black Tie
    Titleist TMB 2 iron Tensei Pro White
    Titleist 718CB 3 thru PW
    Titleist SM7 50-08 and 56-08
    Yes! Tracy
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    manima1 wrote:


    JT- what is the word on the new KK XD shafts to be released? Are they a retail version of the KKDC Tx?




    It is a different shaft but the objective is the same. It has less torque than dual core XT and a bit different Tini wire makeup in the construction. They have similar objectives but they are not the same shaft.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Armour248Armour248 Members Posts: 404 ✭✭
    If anyone is interested, I just listed a 2016 M2 + Pro Orange V3 70 TX combo on the BST
  • PompsPomps Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    On the MRC website, it looks like there's a tensei pro red, which is expectedly high launch/mid spin. On the ei chart it looks like a stiffer tip than the blue though, even though it's supposed to he higher launch. Anyone hit the red?
    TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2 9.8* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX 44.5" (D5)
    TaylorMade M3 3 wood 15* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX 43" (D6)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    Titleist 915HD 20.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 85g 6.0 (D4)
    Mizuno M18 4-7 SC, 8-p MB DG Tour Issue S400 1.5* Flat (D3)
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini S 33.5"
  • Deuce78Deuce78 Members Posts: 1,243 ✭✭
    edited Feb 8, 2018 #630
    I was able to pick up a black mamba 60tx pull out. I was searching for a new lower spin shaft because my driver was just not working, turned out I had a caved face...so now I got a new driver head that works, and a black mamba...looks sick in the ESZ...question.....were the x torsion pre MRC merger days or after? Hope this one is the ticket...first observations are it doesn't feel that stout, but need to play on course....cheers.
    TM M5 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
    PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD/black Glides
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    Deuce78 wrote:


    I was able to pick up a black mamba 60tx pull out. I was searching for a new lower spin shaft because my driver was just not working, turned out I had a caved face...so now I got a new driver head that works, and a black mamba...looks sick in the ESZ...question.....were the x torsion pre MRC merger days or after? Hope this one is the ticket...first observations are it doesn't feel that stout, but need to play on course....cheers.




    Hope yours works out. I got a 70TX from TollBros a little while ago. I haven't had chance to put it in a driver as I'm considering a new driver. I also just reshafted my irons, wedges, and hybrid, so the driver hasn't been at the top of my list. Additionally, weather has been nice and not so nice (Texas weather) so haven't played too much. Should be playing quite a bit more the end of this month and will in March.



    As soon as I get the black mamba going I'll give my thoughts. I currently have a kuro kage XT I play now, so I'm used to playing lower spin shafts.
Sign In or Register to comment.