Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

Comments

• PompsPomps Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    For someone who battles a hook due to getting too quick, would butt soft tip stiff be a better solution or butt stiff tip soft???
    TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2 9.8* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX 44.5" (D5)
    TaylorMade M3 3 wood 15* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX 43" (D6)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    Titleist 915HD 20.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 85g 6.0 (D4)
    Mizuno M18 4-7 SC, 8-p MB DG Tour Issue S400 1.5* Flat (D3)
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini S 33.5"
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    Pomps wrote:

For someone who battles a hook due to getting too quick, would butt soft tip stiff be a better solution or butt stiff tip soft???

I’d think butt soft, tip stiff (like a Tensei Pro White) would be what you’d wanna avoid. The feel can make timing very difficult if you don’t have a consistent release. One of the testers said you feel like you may have to flip it to save the shot, which could lead to that big left miss.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • GemGem Members Posts: 1,096 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

Pomps wrote:

I’d think butt soft, tip stiff (like a Tensei Pro White) would be what you’d wanna avoid. The feel can make timing very difficult if you don’t have a consistent release. One of the testers said you feel like you may have to flip it to save the shot, which could lead to that big left miss.

I can get a bit too in to out and hit some flip hooks myself and I really like the Tensei CK PRO white. Very smooth feeling and one of the best shafts I have tried in recent years.

I tried the Orange V3 but just didn't like it at all.

My favourite shaft and one of the smoothest feeling is the T1100 HZRDUS. This is even better than the Tensei White for me.

I know some say it feels boardy but I find it silky smooth and very low spin.

I add weight so that it ends up the same sw as a standard shaft which is D-5 for me.
    TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
    TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
    Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
    Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
    Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 KBS 610 S+
    Callaway MD 2 58 KBS 610 S+

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.
    I have the v3 as well in my TI M2. I'm not getting along with it too well. It doesn't feel great and a I haven't experienced the increased ball speed over most other shafts. I've tried adding no weight and letting it play at a lighter sw, adding all the weight, some of the weight, etc. Just hasn't benefitted me the same as a lot of the other reports. I basically have the same ball speed, launch and spin numbers with it.
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Pomps wrote:

I have the v3 as well in my TI M2. I'm not getting along with it too well. It doesn't feel great and a I haven't experienced the increased ball speed over most other shafts. I've tried adding no weight and letting it play at a lighter sw, adding all the weight, some of the weight, etc. Just hasn't benefitted me the same as a lot of the other reports. I basically have the same ball speed, launch and spin numbers with it.

I was actually slightly shorter with the V3 than both CKP White and the T1100 and just didn't like the feel as much as the other two.

I had been quite exited about trying the V3 because I like the counterbalanced T1100 a lot but it didn't work for me. Some seem to get on great with it though.

• Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Can anyone compare the atmos 7x vs the 8tx? I had a 7x in my cobra f7+ but looking at something similar with a slightly stiffer profile for my f8+...any other recommendations would be appreciated
  • WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,397 ✭✭
    I have a used DC XT TX TM tip if interested?
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    Pomps wrote:

For guys sensitive to feel, some can release the club differently based on that. I've seen a few anomalies where players launched a softer tip shaft lower with less spin than tip stiff because they didn't get along with the feel and would release early. There are some players who subconsciously release differently based on feel. You could be one of those guys.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,375 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

Pomps wrote:

For guys sensitive to feel, some can release the club differently based on that. I've seen a few anomalies where players launched a softer tip shaft lower with less spin than tip stiff because they didn't get along with the feel and would release early. There are some players who subconsciously release differently based on feel. You could be one of those guys.

Late release guys benefit from softer tips. A buddy is like that. Former mini tour player and plays a Mitsu Blue profil shaft and spins it significantly less then the white. Odd.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3+  / Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:

It very well could be me me. As I've noted, I launch and spin the pro blue the same as the v3 which shouldn't typically be.
    Does anyone know what the torque is on the dual core XT?
    I would like to give the dual core xt tx a try, my transition can be very quick...currently have an atmos and a tensei Pro White but not loving either
    TollBros wrote:

The only thing I need to decide on is which weight configuration I prefer for each. With the PO it's between 20 and 24 grams. I have not had a chance to hone in the DC yet.

Don't be afraid to leave the pro orange lighter swingweight wise. I played the kkdc XT at D2 and play the PO at D0.5. PO head weight is actually a couple grams heavier but I found matching swingweight just made the shaft too soft feeling.

Maybe I should try this. My old shaft, KK XT, I played at d4. Thus, I've been testing the v3 at what measure at just I've over d4. Maybe I should try it a touch lighter.
    Pomps wrote:

Does anyone know what the torque is on the dual core XT?

Right around 3.0.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    Pomps wrote:

TollBros wrote:

The only thing I need to decide on is which weight configuration I prefer for each. With the PO it's between 20 and 24 grams. I have not had a chance to hone in the DC yet.

Don't be afraid to leave the pro orange lighter swingweight wise. I played the kkdc XT at D2 and play the PO at D0.5. PO head weight is actually a couple grams heavier but I found matching swingweight just made the shaft too soft feeling.

Maybe I should try this. My old shaft, KK XT, I played at d4. Thus, I've been testing the v3 at what measure at just I've over d4. Maybe I should try it a touch lighter.

I find that most people don't like adding the full 6 grams to make up for the counterbance. Try half that to start with.

• WAxORxDCxSCWAxORxDCxSC Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:

TollBros wrote:

I find that most people don't like adding the full 6 grams to make up for the counterbance. Try half that to start with.

Since we’re asking counter balancing questions — would you recommend adding tape to the T1100? I also have the Pro Orange, and want to be sure I’m fairly comparing the two as I decide which one to game on my M2.
    TaylorMade M3 Driver 9.5* (Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70tx)
    TaylorMade M1 (2016) 3 Wood 15* (Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 80tx)
    TaylorMade M2 Hybrid 19* (or) Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 3 iron (Project X 6.5)
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 4,5 iron (Project X 6.5)
    Mizuno MP5 6-PW (KBS C-Taper Lite 115x)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54*
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback 33"

Bag 2 (Nostalgia Edition)
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 9.5* (Project X Hzrdus T1100 6.5 75g)
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW
    Cleveland 588 52*, 56*, 60*
    Spalding T.P. Mills "Computer Milled" Putter
  • Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    Toll bro- I’m debating on pulling the trigger on the Kk dc xt tx. I’m playing the Kuro Kage xts as of right now could you tell me if I’m going to see a big difference going from the xts to the dc xt tx?!
    edited Feb 13, 2018 #649

TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Since we’re asking counter balancing questions — would you recommend adding tape to the T1100? I also have the Pro Orange, and want to be sure I’m fairly comparing the two as I decide which one to game on my M2.

I ended up adding enough to make the SW my usual level with the T1100.

Might not be the method that suits everyone but I love the T1100 in my M2 like that.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Yes you may need to add some to the t1100 as well.

Toll bro- I’m debating on pulling the trigger on the Kk dc xt tx. I’m playing the Kuro Kage xts as of right now could you tell me if I’m going to see a big difference going from the xts to the dc xt tx?!

The dual core will spin a bit less but it's the feel sensation that everyone comments on. The shafts feels very smoothe when you swing easy but gets the sensation of getting stiffer the harder you swing. You should see lower spin and slightly more consistentcy with the dual core from a performance perspective as well.

• WAxORxDCxSCWAxORxDCxSC Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Thank you Toll!
    TaylorMade M3 Driver 9.5* (Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70tx)
    TaylorMade M1 (2016) 3 Wood 15* (Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 80tx)
    TaylorMade M2 Hybrid 19* (or) Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 3 iron (Project X 6.5)
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 4,5 iron (Project X 6.5)
    Mizuno MP5 6-PW (KBS C-Taper Lite 115x)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54*
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback 33"

Bag 2 (Nostalgia Edition)
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 9.5* (Project X Hzrdus T1100 6.5 75g)
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW
    Cleveland 588 52*, 56*, 60*
    Spalding T.P. Mills "Computer Milled" Putter
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members Posts: 2,315 ✭✭
    edited Feb 14, 2018 #653
    If anyone has an Untipped DC 60 TX or Tensei Pro White 60TX, 44” tip to grip, please pm me....interested in working out something if you want to offload.

Thank you Toll!

You are very welcome.

• drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,264 ✭✭
    Can you do something like this for iron shafts?
    Ping G410 Plus PX Small Batch Smoke Yellow 6.5
    Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
    Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited Feb 15, 2018 #656
    I have a 70 gram dc xt with tm tip i would be willing to part with for anyone interested
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
    edited Feb 15, 2018 #657
    provx wrote:
    I have a 70 gram dc xt with tm tip i would be willing to part with for anyone interested

Tipped? I have a 60tx tipped 1/2" on the way, but even with my quicker tempo, at my pedestrian 110-112 speed, that may be not enough for this beast. I could be interested if untipped...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    provx wrote:

Pm sent
    drvrwdge wrote:

Can you do something like this for iron shafts?

I suppose we could, but I'd have to convince Keith to let me do a test with zero potential company benefits. haha. I suppose it's something we could do on our own time, but it would have to be done with all Mizuno irons, as that's the main complete cart we have. I could then see guys wanting it done with EVERY Mizuno head. Not sure that's a can of worms I want to open, but maybe.

• drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,264 ✭✭
    I’d suggest maybe picking a middle of the road head, say MP15, that way shaft is the only variable amongst golfers. It would just be interesting to see if there was a correlation between driver shaft profile and preferred or best fit iron shaft profile.
    Ping G410 Plus PX Small Batch Smoke Yellow 6.5
    Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
    Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • Downtown_Brown_41Downtown_Brown_41 Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    You guys should do a subscription to get some of the data put out. I know I would pay a fee to see something like iron shafts and some ball data. I think it’s be cool to see how iron shafts and driver shafts correlate if at all. It would be time consuming and probably not worth the effort though
    M3 8.5* Fuji Pro TS 63
    Nike VR Pro Ltd 15* Fuji Saphire 
    M1 5w Fuji Pro 95 or P790 3 Aldila RIP 105
    P7TW 4-P x100
    Milled Grind 52 s400
    Hi Toe 58° bent to 56° x100
    Vokey Low Bounce K 60 s400
    Piretti Cortino- 36” or O-works Arm Lock-46”
    Tour Bx / Pro v1X