Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

Comments

• Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Any reviews on the new Fujikura Pro tour spec 2.0?
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭

You guys should do a subscription to get some of the data put out. I know I would pay a fee to see something like iron shafts and some ball data. I think it’s be cool to see how iron shafts and driver shafts correlate if at all. It would be time consuming and probably not worth the effort though

It is an idea we have kicked around. What's probably going to happen is a YouTube channel of some kind. That will allow some return on the time investment of every test, which will open the door to do more testing on our own, independent of client submissions. I know Keith would prefer not to charge the customers for information, but still find a way to make it viable. The YouTube channel makes the most sense I think.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Downtown_Brown_41Downtown_Brown_41 Members Posts: 580 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

You guys should do a subscription to get some of the data put out. I know I would pay a fee to see something like iron shafts and some ball data. I think it’s be cool to see how iron shafts and driver shafts correlate if at all. It would be time consuming and probably not worth the effort though

It is an idea we have kicked around. What's probably going to happen is a YouTube channel of some kind. That will allow some return on the time investment of every test, which will open the door to do more testing on our own, independent of client submissions. I know Keith would prefer not to charge the customers for information, but still find a way to make it viable. The YouTube channel makes the most sense I think.

That’s great to hear! A YouTube channel would be awesome
    M3 8.5* Fuji Pro TS 63
    Nike VR Pro Ltd 15* Fuji Saphire 
    M1 5w Fuji Pro 95 or P790 3 Aldila RIP 105
    P7TW 4-P x100
    Milled Grind 52 s400
    Hi Toe 58° bent to 56° x100
    Vokey Low Bounce K 60 s400
    Piretti Cortino- 36” or O-works Arm Lock-46”
    Tour Bx / Pro v1X

TollBros wrote:

You guys should do a subscription to get some of the data put out. I know I would pay a fee to see something like iron shafts and some ball data. I think it's be cool to see how iron shafts and driver shafts correlate if at all. It would be time consuming and probably not worth the effort though

That's great to hear! A YouTube channel would be awesome

We've had a bunch of offers from companies to donate product to any potential channel so it's starting to make both informational and economic sense. Now it's just a matter of trying to somehow squeeze the time to do such a thing without hiring extra guys to do it, but at least it's getting serious discussion around here.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • DBillDBill Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭
    Toll, have you guys done any testing or trackman data with the AD IZ?
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members Posts: 2,315 ✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2018 #667
    If anyone wants to part ways with a Tensei Pro White 60 TX at least 44 1/8” tip to grip, tipped 1/2” with Cally or TM Adapter please let me know.

Also 44.5” Untipped would be ideal too, regardless of Adapter.

Or if you have a Dual Core 60 TX at 44.25”+ tip to grip Untipped with Tm or Cally Adapter let me know
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    DBill wrote:

Toll, have you guys done any testing or trackman data with the AD IZ?

Only in prototype form. I believe the finished product is quite close however.

• BravconBravcon Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited Feb 22, 2018 #669
    SIAP in this thread, but is there a swing type or characteristics that generally match up well with counter balanced shafts?
  • jgripp81jgripp81 Members Posts: 458
    Is there a reason the Matrix M5 wasn’t included? Is the test geared towards the higher demand shafts? I know the Black Tie has slipped in popularity a lot after the M3.
    Aeroburner tour issue 9.5 Aldila NL60tx
    Aeroburner mini 14* tour issue Aldila NL70tx
    Jetspeed Proto 18* Aldila NL80tx
    Adams LSP 16* Aldila Tour Green 85tx
    Rsi 2. 5-PW Aldila RIP 115s
    Vokey TVD SM5 M grind 50*, 54* and 60*
    Ping Ketsch heavy
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,419 ✭✭
    jgripp81 wrote:

Is there a reason the Matrix M5 wasn't included? Is the test geared towards the higher demand shafts? I know the Black Tie has slipped in popularity a lot after the M3.
    my guess is b/c it's not the lowest spinning available. and, due to the popularity of some/most of the shafts in this test, reviewing newer, tour level shafts was the focus.

Epic Flash SZ / 9* / DRIVER SHAFT TBD
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

Bravcon wrote:

SIAP in this thread, but is there a swing type or characteristics that generally match up well with counter balanced shafts?

Not really, no. It's more a matter of personal preference.

gioguy21 wrote:

jgripp81 wrote:

Is there a reason the Matrix M5 wasn't included? Is the test geared towards the higher demand shafts? I know the Black Tie has slipped in popularity a lot after the M3.
    my guess is b/c it's not the lowest spinning available. and, due to the popularity of some/most of the shafts in this test, reviewing newer, tour level shafts was the focus.

Correct. Out focus was brand new or even yet unrealeased cutting edge shafts at the time of the testing. That, and we knew Matrix was a brand teetering on closing the doors, as everyone eventually found out.

• jgripp81jgripp81 Members Posts: 458
    TollBros wrote:

Bravcon wrote:

One more question on this subject. What shafts are, if any more “tip heavy”? Fujikura Fuel TS is a shaft that comes to mind where the balance point is closer to the tip. Maybe I’m overly sensitive to these things, but I cannot get past the feeling of swinging a counter balanced shaft.
    Aeroburner tour issue 9.5 Aldila NL60tx
    Aeroburner mini 14* tour issue Aldila NL70tx
    Jetspeed Proto 18* Aldila NL80tx
    Adams LSP 16* Aldila Tour Green 85tx
    Rsi 2. 5-PW Aldila RIP 115s
    Vokey TVD SM5 M grind 50*, 54* and 60*
    Ping Ketsch heavy
    jgripp81 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Bravcon wrote:

One more question on this subject. What shafts are, if any more “tip heavy”? Fujikura Fuel TS is a shaft that comes to mind where the balance point is closer to the tip. Maybe I’m overly sensitive to these things, but I cannot get past the feeling of swinging a counter balanced shaft.

Listing all the traditional balance point shafts would take an immense amount of time. Simply put it you don't like the counterbanced feel, simply don't play those profiles.

• Deuce78Deuce78 Members Posts: 1,243 ✭✭
    Black mamba/ dual core xt users....What shaft is everyone playing in the fairway?
    TM M5 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
    PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD/black Glides
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM
  • Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Looking at the tensei ck pro white 80x for a 3 wood try and my god $350 wow !!!
  • SC-TX 88SC-TX 88 Members Posts: 1,027 ✭✭
    Deuce78 wrote:

Black mamba/ dual core xt users....What shaft is everyone playing in the fairway?

Playing the original KK XT, I’ve got a AD GP8 and am just about to start testing a AD TP8. At the same time I’ve got a black mamba to test against my XT.
    M5 9.0 w/ Tensei White 70X tipped 1.5”
    M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5”
    M2 2016 TI 18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5”
    UDI 3 w/Fujikura Pro 115 Tour Spec X-Flex
    Miura MB 001 3-PW w/ PX LZ 7.0
    Raw SM6 54.08M, WedgeWorks 60 T Grind (54/60 DGTI S400)
    Machine M1A (“Tiger Proto”), TM Spider X, Toulon Atlanta, Piretti GSS

• bdubs3316bdubs3316 Members Posts: 411 ✭✭
    edited Feb 28, 2018 #679
    Deuce78 wrote:

KK DC TX beat out the Black Mamba for me in the driver...now comparing it against the SYNERGY Proto TX...and I think it's going to be an awesome battle to see what goes in the Ping G400 LST. All shafts have been tipped 1".

In my 3 wood, I'm playing the Project X 8AA4, which is supposed to be considered "tip extra stiff". I've tipped this an inch as well and I like the flight it provides me in the Cobra F7 3/4 set at 13.5*.
    Driver - TaylorMade M3 8.5* w/ Aldila Synergy Black Prototype 70TX tipped 1"
    Fairway wood - 2016 M2 15* w/ HZRDUS Black 85 6.5 tipped 1"
    Irons
    Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron (17*) w/ Project X HA1

Titleist 716 TMB 4 iron (22*) & Titleist 716 TMB 5 iron (26*) w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
    Mizuno MP-69 6 iron (30*),
    7 iron (34*), 8 iron (38*), 9 iron (42*) all w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 46F black, Vokey SM6 50F black,
    Vokey 55* V grind oil can, Vokey SM6 60L black & TaylorMade Hi Toe 64* all w/ KBS 610 125
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 7 Dual Balance 38"
    Ball - TaylorMade TP5x
  • mike_wardomike_wardo Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I play the KCXT 70 TX and I love my HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5 flex shaft in my tour issue M2 3 wood. I used to play the Project X 8AA4 myself in a Titleist 3 wood and that was a great fit as well. I will say however the HZRDUS is an improvement for sure.
    2017 Tour Issue Taylormade M1 440, 8.5, Kuro Kage XT70 TX
    2016 Tour Issue Taylormade M2, Project X HZRDUS Black HC 85g, 6.5
    Titleist 716 T-MB, 3+ Iron, Project HC1, 6.5
    Titleist 716 CB, 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Nike Engage 52 (X100TI,square), 56 (X100TI,square) and 60 (S400TI dual sole)
    Bettinardi BB1F, 34", Superstroke Slim w/ CW
    Tour Velvet Midsize (all 13 clubs)

"Take er' deep"
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    SC-TX 88 wrote:

Deuce78 wrote:

Playing the original KK XT, I've got a AD GP8 and am just about to start testing a AD TP8. At the same time I've got a black mamba to test against my XT.

Should have the adapter tip and grip soon for my black mamba to try. My kuro kage XT was in a Cobra driver, well the black mamba is going into a Ping G400 driver.
    Deuce78 wrote:

For the customers we build both for, generally Black Mamba players either do Black or Green Mamba in the fairway. For Dual Core XT users, generally DCXT or Tensei Pro White in the fairway.

• vanillafunk616vanillafunk616 Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    Thanks for the great data. What sort of set up would you recommend checking out for a decently fast (118 mph swing) with a one plane/flat wide sweeping positive aoa with an aggressive tempo and a push fade miss? Thanks for any advice.
  • gr8 flopshotgr8 flopshot Members Posts: 266 ✭✭
    Is it just me or did it seem like all the testers thought the Hzrdus Yellow was too high spin for them but when you look at their carry distances, the shaft was within 5 yards of the longest shaft? Does smooth translate to the belief of high spin?
    Driver - 2017 M1 460 Project X Hzrdus yellow 63 6.6
    3W - M3 Project X Hzrdus yellow 63 6.3
    2 hybrid - M3 17* Project X Evenflow black 6.0
    Irons - Titelist AP3 4-PW True temper AMT S
    Wedges -Vokey SM6 50/12*, 54/12*, 58/10*
    Putter - Slighter Redmond Ptriple Prototype
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,419 ✭✭

Is it just me or did it seem like all the testers thought the Hzrdus Yellow was too high spin for them but when you look at their carry distances, the shaft was within 5 yards of the longest shaft? Does smooth translate to the belief of high spin?
    to be honest -- the other shafts in that test (at least to my opinion) are smoother/better feeling than the HZRDUS yellow, T1100 or black.

Epic Flash SZ / 9* / DRIVER SHAFT TBD
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

Remember that's solely carry under near windless conditions. Change that to a 15mph head wind and it's 20+ yards shorter.

Remember that's solely carry under near windless conditions. Change that to a 15mph head wind and it's 20+ yards shorter.

• gr8 flopshotgr8 flopshot Members Posts: 266 ✭✭
    I guess that is a fair enough statement but those other shafts will be shorter in a head wind as well. I just found the minute difference in carry odd based on how the majority of them basically had the same comments about feel and spin. I was just fitted into the Hzrdus yellow (black with yelllow writing) and it works great for me. It actually had lower spin than the Tensei White. I guess that's why we go through the fitting. to each his/her own.
    Driver - 2017 M1 460 Project X Hzrdus yellow 63 6.6
    3W - M3 Project X Hzrdus yellow 63 6.3
    2 hybrid - M3 17* Project X Evenflow black 6.0
    Irons - Titelist AP3 4-PW True temper AMT S
    Wedges -Vokey SM6 50/12*, 54/12*, 58/10*
    Putter - Slighter Redmond Ptriple Prototype
  • JStangJStang Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭

I guess that is a fair enough statement but those other shafts will be shorter in a head wind as well. I just found the minute difference in carry odd based on how the majority of them basically had the same comments about feel and spin. I was just fitted into the Hzrdus yellow (black with yelllow writing) and it works great for me. It actually had lower spin than the Tensei White. I guess that's why we go through the fitting. to each his/her own.

Plus more backswing = less roll out. A lot of times, more spin = longer carry but shorter overall distance.
    F9 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 & 3 | 718 CBVokey SM6 52, 58Byron Morgan DH89
  • Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Does Kuro Kage xt make a hybrid shaft in the 90 gram range

Does Kuro Kage xt make a hybrid shaft in the 90 gram range

There is a silver 90, but no XT hybrid. The lowest spin Mitsubishi hybrid would be Tensei Pro White 100tx.

Sounds like you are very sensitive to shaft weight and balance point. Yellow being counterbanced most likely allowed you to hold your angle better. There are some players that will cast a stiffer tip or heavier shaft and cut across it, creating more spin. Swinging with the same angle and release point, Pro White is a far lower spin product.