ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. It will be getting MUCH better. Link to full post HERE. Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

Comments

• scott_Donaldscott_Donald Advanced Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

radiman wrote:

I am looking at adding a new shaft into the rotation. The G400 LST I picked up came with a HZRDUS Yellow which at first, seemed alright. But, I am finding that I don't care much for the way it feels. It could be the counter balance at play. The driver is supposedly D4, which I would have a hard time believing. I haven't followed shaft tech the last few years as I thought I had a winner with the AD TP. But, last season I found myself hitting the ball a bit further. I also found that the TP would hit moon balls all of a sudden and felt really loose. I still had decent results with it, but I am looking to go a different direction now.

So far, I have seen the Synergy Black getting rave reviews. As well as the Pro Orange V3. I thought the V2 was highly regarded, but it seems the V2 users have all jumped over to the V3 with no regrets. Then, I start going down the rabbit hole and find info on the Kuro Kage XD which seems like a decent offering. I played the original XT for a short time last season but found I couldn't get my timing down for some reason. I guess, what I am asking you find folks, is if I am looking for a slightly tighter feel and a bit lower launch than the AD TP, which one of these newer low spin offerings would be the best "next step"? I got pricing from Toll on the Copperhead which seems intriguing, but I am concerned about having to load up the club head with a ton of additional weight to get the feel back. I don't have access to a LM, but the last time I had my swing measured, it would hover around 115-118 with some swings in the 122 range if I stepped on it hard (which I don't do regularly). My swing seems to be pretty long and more of a flowing transition than a hard loading of the shaft. My wrists keep pretty quiet, so I don't seem to really stress the shaft a ton at the top. I hit up on the ball quite a few degrees and don't generate a ton of spin. I don't think I need to go uber low spinning telephone pole. But, I would like to get my hands on something that has a great deal of feel while being very stable.

I don't have the opportunity to test anything beyond OEM stock options, so I rely a lot on the reviews I read here. All I know, is the HZRDUS Yellow is out.

So, in a strange turn of events, I no longer have a driver image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I put my G400 up for sale to test the waters thinking I will more than likely buy the new Callaway driver. It's been on eBay for a few days without much action. In the meantime, I put a bid on a Pro Orange V3 not expecting it to hold up. If I won it, I would take my G400 down and roll with it. When I got to my phone, I saw I won the auction. When I went to PayPal to check funds, I saw I was paid for my driver but never got the app notification.

So, I'll have a shiny Pro Orange for a yet to be determined driver.

haha classic WRX.
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • 300_Straight300_Straight Advanced Members Posts: 929 ✭✭
    How would the Aldila Rogue 125 MSI stack up to these shafts? To be honest, I swung the 110 MSI Rogue (stock shaft in the Epic SZ) and it felt really good. It was a stiff (60g 3.8-S) and I was swinging ~118 or so, but it didn't feel out of control. It felt like it had some whip, but I was hitting near the center of the face most of the time. I've seen the 125 MSI online for pretty cheap now, but not sure if it's worth it over the 110 when I was swinging it pretty good.
    King LTD Pro 7.5 F / Kuro Kage DC 70TX - 44.5"
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    '94 Callaway Big Bertha 3 - 9 irons
    46* SM7 / 50* (TBD) / 54* Top Flite / 58* (TBD)
    Old Odyssey Mallet
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,813 ✭✭

How would the Aldila Rogue 125 MSI stack up to these shafts? To be honest, I swung the 110 MSI Rogue (stock shaft in the Epic SZ) and it felt really good. It was a stiff (60g 3.8-S) and I was swinging ~118 or so, but it didn't feel out of control. It felt like it had some whip, but I was hitting near the center of the face most of the time. I've seen the 125 MSI online for pretty cheap now, but not sure if it's worth it over the 110 when I was swinging it pretty good.

The old 125 isn't really very low spin honestly. The new 130 is a much better shaft in my opinion for spin reduction. A 125 is somewhere around a Diamana blueboard for spin and launch, however it is counterbalanced.

The old 125 isn't really very low spin honestly. The new 130 is a much better shaft in my opinion for spin reduction. A 125 is somewhere around a Diamana blueboard for spin and launch, however it is counterbalanced.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    Had a chance to hit the Pro Orange 70TX in the 9.5* Srixon Z785 last night. Shaft felt great. I could definitely feel a kick towards impact, but it felt very stable. I did notice the counterbalanced feel, but only minimal. Sadly, I did not see the increase in ball speed reflected in these tests, but the shaft did feel great. I was definitely able to tell the difference between the feel of this shaft vs my Aldila NV 65 S. My Aldila truthfully feels stiffer throughout the length of the shaft, whereas the PO you could tell there was some life to it. My Aldila is also a glued hosel with a bore through design, so it plays stiffer to flex. I was also unable to kill the spin with the 785 head. I tested an Epic SZ 9* with the Rogue 110 MSI 60 Stiff, and got lower spin immediately in this head, even with the weight back.
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    Old Odyssey Mallet
  • radimanradiman Advanced Members Posts: 4,516 ✭✭

Had a chance to hit the Pro Orange 70TX in the 9.5* Srixon Z785 last night. Shaft felt great. I could definitely feel a kick towards impact, but it felt very stable. I did notice the counterbalanced feel, but only minimal. Sadly, I did not see the increase in ball speed reflected in these tests, but the shaft did feel great. I was definitely able to tell the difference between the feel of this shaft vs my Aldila NV 65 S. My Aldila truthfully feels stiffer throughout the length of the shaft, whereas the PO you could tell there was some life to it. My Aldila is also a glued hosel with a bore through design, so it plays stiffer to flex. I was also unable to kill the spin with the 785 head. I tested an Epic SZ 9* with the Rogue 110 MSI 60 Stiff, and got lower spin immediately in this head, even with the weight back.

I had my Pro Orange glued up over the weekend and picked it up yesterday. I put a few swings on it in their sim. Granted, I recently started a new workout regimen and was extremely sore. My swing was all over the place. But, I was surprised that the shaft didn't feel like any TX flex shafts I have tried in the past. It feels very soft in the handle, which is a new feel for me. Not sure that it felt pleasant in that regard. Kind of made it feel really loose. But, given the fact that my body was not up for an extended driver session, I will hold further judgement until I get a chance to hit it again.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • pdiddy3pdiddy3 Advanced Members Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I know most of this info is proprietary, but what does tipping any of these shafts do to launch or spin? Does tipping 1" knock off 400 rpm of spin and 1 degree of launch? Just curious.
    edited November 2018
    pdiddy3 wrote:

I know most of this info is proprietary, but what does tipping any of these shafts do to launch or spin? Does tipping 1" knock off 400 rpm of spin and 1 degree of launch? Just curious.

Unfortunately that's proprietary information we use for fitting and I am not allowed to release that to the public. Every shaft is different in that regard.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • PatsNationPatsNation Advanced Members Posts: 1,485 ✭✭
    Apples to apples how much lower spin/launch is hzrdus t1100 to hzrdus black ?
  • jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 268 ClubWRX
    edited November 2018
    There are a few test samples on the first page that have that info. But I personally struggle with the hzrdus black and find the t1100 to be one of the best shafts I have ever played. Your swing needs will dictate which is better for you.
  • PompsPomps Advanced Members Posts: 824
    edited November 2018
    Would anyone have a link or some sort of visual of the bend profile of the KK DC XT?

The MRC website has the XT and the XD but not the DC XT.

Cobra F9 9* adjusted to 8* - Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 60TX 44.75" (D4)
    TaylorMade M3 3 wood 15* - Project X Hzrdus Black 75g 6.5 - 42.875" (D6)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    TaylorMade Gapr Hi 19* - Kuro Kage Silver 90x - 40.75" (D2)
    Mizuno M18 4-7 SC, 8-p MB Nippon Modus 125x 1.5* Flat (D4)
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400

Odyssey Jailbird Mini S 33.5"
  • PatsNationPatsNation Advanced Members Posts: 1,485 ✭✭
    jgard320 wrote:

There are a few test samples on the first page that have that info. But I personally struggle with the hzrdus black and find the t1100 to be one of the best shafts I have ever played. Your swing needs will dictate which is better for you.
    Good call looks like 200-300 RPMs less and maybe .5-1 degree less launch. Thanks
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Advanced Members Posts: 353 ✭✭
    The DCXT was/is a tour only shaft that’s why there isn’t a chart for it as far as I know.
    PatsNation wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:

Good call looks like 200-300 RPMs less and maybe .5-1 degree less launch. Thanks

Both are stiff shafts. Black is very tip heavy and T1100 is counterbalanced. They will feel a lot different.
    Something I'm curious about with counterbalanced shafts. Do they seem to feel a little stiffer in the sense that you can't feel it load as much? I don't have the option to swing weight my driver with the pro Orange installed. But, it has two weights and is 45" long. Being as though it's counter balanced, would I more than likely need to add even more weight to the head?

To be fair, I haven't been able to even hit it in an indoor Sim yet. I'm just so used to feeling the head release through the impact zone. When swinging in my living room, the shaft feels a lot more uniform than I'm used to. No pronounced kick I guess.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.

I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won’t feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won’t kick like a blue type profile.
    jgard320 wrote:

It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.

I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won’t feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won’t kick like a blue type profile.

I may load the head up with some lead tape to see if it adds some more feel to it.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:

I may load the head up with some lead tape to see if it adds some more feel to it.

Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I’ve found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75”. My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I’ve been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.

Then again, what works for you could be completely different. My t1100 discovery was the result of an impulse buy and a broken shaft forcing me to play a shaft that I had intended to flip due to all of the negative talk about feel and extreme low launch and spin.
    jgard320 wrote:

radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:

Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I’ve found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75”. My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I’ve been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.

Then again, what works for you could be completely different. My t1100 discovery was the result of an impulse buy and a broken shaft forcing me to play a shaft that I had intended to flip due to all of the negative talk about feel and extreme low launch and spin.

Just remembered reading about an easy experiment. I taped 4 nickels on the sole of the driver. Now I can feel it. I think it equates to 20 grams. Seemed a little excessive so I dropped it down to 3 nickels. I feel like it may be the sweet spot at 15 grams.

I'll have to figure out what the head weight is and aim to get my next driver close to that. Hoping Callaway can hot melt the Epic Flash so I can avoid sticking 2 feet of lead tape on the club image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • manima1manima1 Advanced Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

jgard320 wrote:

radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:

I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won't feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won't kick like a blue type profile.

Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I've found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75". My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I've been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.

Just remembered reading about an easy experiment. I taped 4 nickels on the sole of the driver. Now I can feel it. I think it equates to 20 grams. Seemed a little excessive so I dropped it down to 3 nickels. I feel like it may be the sweet spot at 15 grams.

I'll have to figure out what the head weight is and aim to get my next driver close to that. Hoping Callaway can hot melt the Epic Flash so I can avoid sticking 2 feet of lead tape on the club image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Make sure to actually hit it at that weight prior to hotmelting. I've found adding that much weight can have dramatic effect on ball flight tendencies. For me, while adding a ton of weight felt great on practice swings, I'd have a tendency to lose it right with too much weight. Vice-versa with too little weight. Get out the lead tape and hit some balls with your target weight before committing to hot melt.
    '16 M2 8.5 tour issued - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx tipped 1"
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    SM5 60.08M - Wedge Flex Raw Black
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line
    manima1 wrote:

radiman wrote:

jgard320 wrote:

radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:

I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won't feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won't kick like a blue type profile.

Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I've found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75". My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I've been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.

Make sure to actually hit it at that weight prior to hotmelting. I've found adding that much weight can have dramatic effect on ball flight tendencies. For me, while adding a ton of weight felt great on practice swings, I'd have a tendency to lose it right with too much weight. Vice-versa with too little weight. Get out the lead tape and hit some balls with your target weight before committing to hot melt.

100% agree with this. Once I started adding weight back, I was launching and spinning shafts off the charts. I almost ended up matching the t1100 by default as a result of the weight I added.
    jgard320 wrote:

manima1 wrote:

100% agree with this. Once I started adding weight back, I was launching and spinning shafts off the charts. I almost ended up matching the t1100 by default as a result of the weight I added.

Yeah, I will start with a less permanent way of adding weight. I am hoping to find a middle ground. Right now, there are 3 nickels taped to it and it feels pretty good. I think if I can get down to 10 grams being added it would be more manageable. I will weigh the head as is as well just to see how it compares to stock.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • KaexoKaexo Advanced Members Posts: 619 ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    TollBros,

Still think the Copperhead 70TX ranks up there as one of the best shafts along with Pro orange and KK DC TX?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Kaexo wrote:

TollBros,

Still think the Copperhead 70TX ranks up there as one of the best shafts along with Pro orange and KK DC TX?

It is a great shaft for a player who likes a smooth counterbalance profile that isn't tremendously low spin, but it's still lower than most. It fits a pretty specific type of player.

• odshot68odshot68 Advanced Members Posts: 7,809 ✭✭
    Any thoughts on a low spin mid launch with stiffer tip and mid section for a driver and 3 wood?
    2019 WITB
    Mizuno ST 190G Fujikura Atmos Black 6X Tour Spec
    Taylor Made M6 Rocket 3 Wood Fuji Pro 63X
    Callaway Apex '19 #3 Hybrid Project X Catalyst 80 6.5
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli HI #4 C-Taper Lite 115X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-PW C-Taper Lite 115X
    Callaway MD4 Chrome 52S, 56S, 60C C-Taper Lite 115X
    Scotty Cameron Newport #3
    odshot68 wrote:

Any thoughts on a low spin mid launch with stiffer tip and mid section for a driver and 3 wood?

Shoot me a DM and I'll let you know what I need to determine what's best for you.

Anyone know a hybrid shaft that would most resemble the kk dc XT?
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400

Pomps wrote:

Believe it or not the Kuro Kage silver Tini in 95x s much closer to the XT type profile than you'd think. It's quite stable and flat launching.

TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:

Believe it or not the Kuro Kage silver Tini in 95x s much closer to the XT type profile than you'd think. It's quite stable and flat launching.

Thank you as always. Is that a different profile than the silver series that I see all over?

Pomps wrote:

TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:

Believe it or not the Kuro Kage silver Tini in 95x is much closer to the XT type profile than you'd think. It's quite stable and flat launching.

Thank you as always. Is that a different profile than the silver series that I see all over?

It's just the standard retail silver Tini Hybrid. The hybrid profile is more XT than it is standard silver profile. If you need one, please let me know and we can get that taken care of for you.

Let's add the feedback on Aldila Tour ATX Blue and Green Graphene Protos, along with the data on Rogue 130.

Test Feedback + Data

Tour Green '19 is best described as somewhat of a Tensei Pro White type profile with slightly more kick and life to it, but still very stable. I suppose the best description of the feel came from one of our testers. To paraphrase slightly, he said that the shaft feels like it loads, but hits a load point where everything seems to freeze and hold. Meaning that you can feel the life in the shaft when it loads up, but instead of feeling loose and overloading, it hits a point of stability in the load process where you can feel the shaft firm up and hold that load to impact. You don't really feel a pronounced kick through the ball, more of sort of a snap release of the load up into the golf ball. It's somewhat subtle but it almost feels like a small powerful snap into the ball at impact. I would also say that it feels a little bit more tight in the handle than a typical white board type profile, but still has that general feel, coupled with tremendous tip stability without feeling harsh. I am assuming that this is the affect of the Graphene technology, allowing the shaft to have smoothness to a degree, and no feeling of harshness, but still retain a very stiff tip section to keep the spin ultra low. It is, I would say, slightly tighter feeling overall than Synergy Black, but VERY similar in overall feel and performance. This is not anything resembling a broomstick type shaft. The feel, as in Synergy Black, is surprising to some. We just aren't used to having a shaft with so much feel to it, yet such eye poppingly low spin numbers. If you like something you don't feel like you need to absolutely stand on to get it to perform, but still want ultra low spin and a controlled launch angle, this is it. We also found it to be very straight hitting. Several testers commented that it was really deviating much unless they really tried to manipulate the shot pattern. Again, I'm going to assume it's the graphene tech that is causing this, just the same as Synergy Black did.

Tour Blue '19 is, I would say more of a Mitsubishi blue board type profile. The shaft has pronounced life to it, and really has that sort of original blue board type butt stability with that lower life in the shaft that makes it feel so smooth and manageable. It is certainly not as low launch or spin than the Tour Green, and is more for the player who either wants a fairway wood combination, or even just loves the blue board feel and performance, yet does not need the massive spin reduction of the Tour Green. The kick is pronounced and the shaft was really more well received by players under 120mph. It's a shaft that is smooth feeling, easy to turn over and move around with, yet is still stable enough not to feel uncontrollable when you want to hit your "stock shot". Tensei Pro Blue might be a competitor for this profile, however I'd say it feels slightly more lively overall, more like an original blueboard.

I know the reviews on the Hzrdus yellow were on the 75g 6.5 version. I have the opportunity to grab the 83g 6.5 for my M3 fairway. Any thoughts on the 83g?

• ckates7ckates7 Advanced Members Posts: 395
    What is comparable right now to the Aldila Rogue 130MSI?
  • radtechradtech Advanced Members Posts: 1,071 ✭✭
    Can someone help a brother out? I'm a fan of Kuro Kage from back with the Adams Super LS line of fairway woods and hybrids for 5-7 years ago. Kuro Kage is very confusing to just look at names or pictures as most all there shaft look a lot a like.

Can someone post the SKU number for the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT that was tested? I would like to try one out. THANK YOU to whoever takes to time to reply!!!!
  • Puttfordough91Puttfordough91 Banned Posts: 120
    radtech wrote:

Can someone help a brother out? I'm a fan of Kuro Kage from back with the Adams Super LS line of fairway woods and hybrids for 5-7 years ago. Kuro Kage is very confusing to just look at names or pictures as most all there shaft look a lot a like.

Can someone post the SKU number for the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT that was tested? I would like to try one out. THANK YOU to whoever takes to time to reply!!!!

That was a tour only shaft so there wouldn’t be any retail place to buy it if you search on eBay there is probably a few kicking around.
    TBD
    Tour issue 2017 m2 tour shaft tbd
    Nike vapor fly pro 3 fuji pro 115 ts
    4-9 jpx 919 tour c taper x
    Vokey 48 52 56 60 kbs c taper/hi rev
    Scotty buttonback newport 2
  • radtechradtech Advanced Members Posts: 1,071 ✭✭

radtech wrote:

That was a tour only shaft so there wouldn’t be any retail place to buy it if you search on eBay there is probably a few kicking around.

thanks
    edited January 2
    ckates7 wrote:

What is comparable right now to the Aldila Rogue 130MSI?

There is a data block of that shaft compared with others two posts above where you asked this.

radtech wrote:

Just remember that the XT profile is TX flex ONLY. No exception to that rule. They are out of production and no longer made.

• cali_catalystcali_catalyst Cinderella story... Members Posts: 29
    Dcoop86 wrote:

scojo wrote:

Dcoop86 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Dcoop86 wrote:

For anyone out there playing multiple of these shafts... I had Toll help me with two different Synergy shafts (a 60tx and 70tx) both tipped 2" and the 60tx was absolutely MONEY in an 8.2* 460 M1 and I put both weights on the front track split apart.

My question....

I snapped the 60tx and lost the M1 head as it went flying into a hazard... Now that I can't get my hands on a Synergy 60tx I'm looking at the Pro Orange tipped 1.2-2" as well in a 8.2* M2. I plan on opening the M2 slightly and changing the back weight out for something slightly lighter and hot melting near the face. Anyone have suggestions away from that setup? I was clocked at Tru Spec at 134mph swing speed if it matters. I'm just trying to get a hold of spin and launch while keeping the feel of the Synergy.

Edit: video for "transition" or tempo https://www.instagra...id=dknbyjbrolgn

Synergy Black is very unique in that it feels incredibly smooth, launches more mid, but the spin is incredibly low. That feel is very hard to get in a shaft this low spin. The closest thing, now that Black profile is gone is probably Synergy Green Proto, or the protos we are testing out right now, that I should be able to discuss sometime next week.

Looking forward to it. I ended up buying a 7.2* M4 with a PO tipped 1.5" but will still be on the lookout for shafts if this doesn't cut the mustard.

Where did you find a 7.2* M4? Sign me up for one of those!

The one and only Will Peoples at The People's clubs. I think he has another M4 Head that is Sub 8* but I snagged the lowest. Just tell him Drew sent you. Dude makes some awesome clubs

I can say that both Will and Toll offer amazing service and clubs. Be warned... it is a dangerous slope you are about to embark on. Almost got kicked out of the house when wife saw the empty boxes in the garage from 4 shafts and 3 clubs...
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Driver: M3 440 + Synergy 70TX or Tensi White 70TX
    2-iron: Cobra Forged CB | KBS Tour 130x
    3-PW: MP18 MB | KBS Tour 130x
    50 = Mizuno T7 | KBS Tour 130x
    54/58 = Fourteen RM22 Raw | KBS TourV
    Scotty Laguna 1.5

I can say that both Will and Toll offer amazing service and clubs. Be warned... it is a dangerous slope you are about to embark on. Almost got kicked out of the house when wife saw the empty boxes in the garage from 4 shafts and 3 clubs...

So I probably shouldn't tell you that we will have brand new Tour issue M5 and M6 heads in about 6 weeks? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 705 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

So I probably shouldn't tell you that we will have brand new Tour issue M5 and M6 heads in about 6 weeks? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'M IN!!!!!!! After, of course, hearing your opinion on the new M's.
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Advanced Members Posts: 2,974 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

It’s going to be an expensive year...
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
    TollBros wrote:

M5 Tour... about 9.5... Now I know they have the same adapter as the M3, but why not get a new shaft too? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Scotty Laguna 1.5

TollBros wrote:

I'M IN!!!!!!! After, of course, hearing your opinion on the new M's.

I will of course do a whole new test with a few of the guys for sake of comparison on the new heads. Before I state anything about data, I need to have heads with identical specs on the Trackman so we can be 100% valid in those comparisons. I will tell you that initial testing about a month back is very encouraging. The new heads are not a repeat of the 2017 stuff, ie a step back. I don't think anyone will be unhappy with the new products. Some speeds of course benefit more than others.

TollBros wrote:

M5 Tour... about 9.5... Now I know they have the same adapter as the M3, but why not get a new shaft too? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That's the spirit. Haha. We should have limited stock in about 5-6 weeks. Every loft should be represented.

edited January 5
    TollBros wrote:

Let's add the feedback on Aldila Tour ATX Blue and Green Graphene Protos, along with the data on Rogue 130.

Test Feedback + Data

Tour Green '19 is best described as somewhat of a Tensei Pro White type profile with slightly more kick and life to it, but still very stable. I suppose the best description of the feel came from one of our testers. To paraphrase slightly, he said that the shaft feels like it loads, but hits a load point where everything seems to freeze and hold. Meaning that you can feel the life in the shaft when it loads up, but instead of feeling loose and overloading, it hits a point of stability in the load process where you can feel the shaft firm up and hold that load to impact. You don't really feel a pronounced kick through the ball, more of sort of a snap release of the load up into the golf ball. It's somewhat subtle but it almost feels like a small powerful snap into the ball at impact. I would also say that it feels a little bit more tight in the handle than a typical white board type profile, but still has that general feel, coupled with tremendous tip stability without feeling harsh. I am assuming that this is the affect of the Graphene technology, allowing the shaft to have smoothness to a degree, and no feeling of harshness, but still retain a very stiff tip section to keep the spin ultra low. It is, I would say, slightly tighter feeling overall than Synergy Black, but VERY similar in overall feel and performance. This is not anything resembling a broomstick type shaft. The feel, as in Synergy Black, is surprising to some. We just aren't used to having a shaft with so much feel to it, yet such eye poppingly low spin numbers. If you like something you don't feel like you need to absolutely stand on to get it to perform, but still want ultra low spin and a controlled launch angle, this is it. We also found it to be very straight hitting. Several testers commented that it was really deviating much unless they really tried to manipulate the shot pattern. Again, I'm going to assume it's the graphene tech that is causing this, just the same as Synergy Black did.

Tour Blue '19 is, I would say more of a Mitsubishi blue board type profile. The shaft has pronounced life to it, and really has that sort of original blue board type butt stability with that lower life in the shaft that makes it feel so smooth and manageable. It is certainly not as low launch or spin than the Tour Green, and is more for the player who either wants a fairway wood combination, or even just loves the blue board feel and performance, yet does not need the massive spin reduction of the Tour Green. The kick is pronounced and the shaft was really more well received by players under 120mph. It's a shaft that is smooth feeling, easy to turn over and move around with, yet is still stable enough not to feel uncontrollable when you want to hit your "stock shot". Tensei Pro Blue might be a competitor for this profile, however I'd say it feels slightly more lively overall, more like an original blueboard.
    Scotty Laguna 1.5
    Just bought a KK DC 70TX from the BST (not sure of exact tipping, but between 1-1.5" I was told) and am very excited to try it in both Epic SZ and LTD Pro. It currently has a Callaway tip, but may change it out after testing it in the Epic. I was launching the ball super high towards the end of the season and in some launch monitor sessions (15-16 deg high), even with the Rogue 125 70TX in the Epic SZ.

I'll be comparing the Rogue 125 to KK DC and track the differences on the LM. I'm hoping it brings my launch/spin down to ~13 and ~2000-2200 spin. Been sitting around 15 / 2600 lately for the most part.
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    Old Odyssey Mallet
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Advanced Members Posts: 2,974 ✭✭
    edited January 11

Just bought a KK DC 70TX from the BST (not sure of exact tipping, but between 1-1.5" I was told) and am very excited to try it in both Epic SZ and LTD Pro. It currently has a Callaway tip, but may change it out after testing it in the Epic. I was launching the ball super high towards the end of the season and in some launch monitor sessions (15-16 deg high), even with the Rogue 125 70TX in the Epic SZ.

I'll be comparing the Rogue 125 to KK DC and track the differences on the LM. I'm hoping it brings my launch/spin down to ~13 and ~2000-2200 spin. Been sitting around 15 / 2600 lately for the most part.

That might be asking a lot of the kk dc tx. 2-3* lower launch and 400-600 less spin compared to the 125 rogue. It will be lower but not sure if that much. However if you drop the loft 1-2* and pair up the kk dc tx, you'd certainly be in the range you want.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
    Rosco1216 wrote:

That might be asking a lot of the kk dc tx. 2-3* lower launch and 400-600 less spin compared to the 125 rogue. It will be lower but not sure if that much. However if you drop the face angle 1-2* and pair up the kk dc tx, you'd certainly be in the range you want.

I heard so much about the feel and performance I had to try it (first time ho'er). I've gotten the Epic SZ/125 Rogue combo down to 11 launch and high teens / low 2000s spin, but not consistently. Could be a 'me' problem, but at least I get to try out the KK DC anyway image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Plus I heard it was a beast in the LTD Pro, which I plan to try it with next.
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    Old Odyssey Mallet

Rosco1216 wrote:

That might be asking a lot of the kk dc tx. 2-3* lower launch and 400-600 less spin compared to the 125 rogue. It will be lower but not sure if that much. However if you drop the face angle 1-2* and pair up the kk dc tx, you'd certainly be in the range you want.

I heard so much about the feel and performance I had to try it (first time ho'er). I've gotten the Epic SZ/125 Rogue combo down to 11 launch and high teens / low 2000s spin, but not consistently. Could be a 'me' problem, but at least I get to try out the KK DC anyway image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Plus I heard it was a beast in the LTD Pro, which I plan to try it with next.

DcXT is a great shaft and great in those LTD heads. If you still have trouble with launch and spin it might be time to get a low lofted Tour head or start dipping into the really ultra low spin shafts like Rogue 130, ATX Tour Graphene, or Synergy Black.

TollBros wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

DcXT is a great shaft and great in those LTD heads. If you still have trouble with launch and spin it might be time to get a low lofted Tour head or start dipping into the really ultra low spin shafts like Rogue 130, ATX Tour Graphene, or Synergy Black.

I need to find out my dynamic loft numbers to see the big picture. I was playing a bore through glued driver up through last season, so I am still very new to ho'ing image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    Old Odyssey Mallet