Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

Comments

• hwu1hwu1 Members Posts: 38

jleduc2200 wrote:

Stop, do not use this thread to try and call out Toll. This is a great thread with lots of info many of us are really interested in. Toll is a great guy who has been helpful to many members here on WRX and he has his own job and things going on in life. If he doesn't respond he's likely traveling or busy with work and has always been respectful and quick to reply to PMs, even if I wasn't buying anything from him and he apologized for the delayed responses.

Please PM Toll and resolve outside of this thread. He is a substantial contributor here and a well respected member of this community, so please give him the chance to make things right. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for the delay. Life happens to all of us. Lets keep this thread going in the right direction and keep this a good community for all of us golfers.

No, see, I have PM'd him, REPEATEDLY. He won't reply. I've sent him 5 messages since Monday, and he has plenty of time to reply on this thread, but none to get back to me, and in the meanwhile I'm out $325. While I agree with your sentiment, He is not acting like a well respected member of this community, and since he won't reply to PM's, I chose this thread, in which he has been able to post since Monday to try to get his attention.

So you're saying you paid for something and don't see the tracking on PayPal?
  • gprointraininggprointraining Your Local Lowe's Paint Desk Golfer Members Posts: 886
    hwu1 wrote:

jleduc2200 wrote:

Stop, do not use this thread to try and call out Toll. This is a great thread with lots of info many of us are really interested in. Toll is a great guy who has been helpful to many members here on WRX and he has his own job and things going on in life. If he doesn't respond he's likely traveling or busy with work and has always been respectful and quick to reply to PMs, even if I wasn't buying anything from him and he apologized for the delayed responses.

Please PM Toll and resolve outside of this thread. He is a substantial contributor here and a well respected member of this community, so please give him the chance to make things right. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for the delay. Life happens to all of us. Lets keep this thread going in the right direction and keep this a good community for all of us golfers.

No, see, I have PM'd him, REPEATEDLY. He won't reply. I've sent him 5 messages since Monday, and he has plenty of time to reply on this thread, but none to get back to me, and in the meanwhile I'm out $325. While I agree with your sentiment, He is not acting like a well respected member of this community, and since he won't reply to PM's, I chose this thread, in which he has been able to post since Monday to try to get his attention.

I hadn't heard anything from him since Monday despite 5 messages over the past 3 days, and he promised shipment Monday after paying him last Thursday. Just about 5 min ago he sent me over a tracking number, he had just shipped this afternoon. As of now I consider the issue resolved. Sorry for hijacking the thread for a bit, but PM's weren't getting the job done.
    TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* / 44.25" / Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TINI 70X
    TaylorMade M2 Tour 15* / 42.25" / Aldila RIP Beta 80 X
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 18* / 41.25" / Diamana RedBoard 80x
    Adams RED 20* hybrid / 40" / Fubuki Alpha 85X
    Adams Tour 4-P / Nippon Modus3 Tour 120x
    Scratch D/S Chrome 52* Dynamic Gold S200
    Callaway PM Grind 58* Dynamic Gold S400
    Taylormade Tour Issue Manta Ray / 32.5"
    TaylorMade TP5x
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028

hwu1 wrote:

jleduc2200 wrote:

I hadn't heard anything from him since Monday despite 5 messages over the past 3 days, and he promised shipment Monday after paying him last Thursday. Just about 5 min ago he sent me over a tracking number, he had just shipped this afternoon. As of now I consider the issue resolved. Sorry for hijacking the thread for a bit, but PM's weren't getting the job done.

No worries. I'm glad everything's resolved so we can get back to some more MRC talk.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    Sorry guys I'm a little behind. Been relegated to the test range for the last 3 day so I've been beat when the day is over. I'll get more data and stuff up this evening. Good news is we tested the Copperhead today so I'll be able to put up some data and thoughts on that as well in the end.

And yes I've been behind on my pm:s but all tracking numbers have been sent and everything has been shipped. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Of course I'll update everyone personally as well but figured I'd throw that out there. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

I'd love some more of this testing but I'd really like to see it come from an unbiased source. Tollbros is very pro Mitsubishi to the point that every tester has a Mitsubishi product in their personal driver so it would stand to reason that they will also skew the feedback in favor of the MRC product since they've already decided that they prefer it.

The numbers don't lie though so it's still cool to see that data.

PS Sorry for being on-topic.

Testing is just numbers my friend. Our guys can play whatever they want, and since we hit almost everything, they choose to play the best for their games. In many cases that is Mitsubishi. I think it just simply speeks to the quality and performance of the product. I do have a bit of a surprise coming in the next two data blocks. I don't think anyone expected what happens in one of them.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

hwu1 wrote:

I don't see how JT being pro Mitsubishi has anything to do with the other testers using MRC shafts in their personal drivers.

I played Aldila exclusively in my woods and hybrids for about 6 years. It was very easy for me to move from profile to profile within the Aldila offerings but I hated trying different makes because they just didn't feel the right. Now I am having the same experience with Graphite Design. I can switch between a TP, and GP, and a DI without too much of a learning curve but when I throw the Tensei Pro White or the T1100 in my driver it takes me a few sessions to adjust to their feel. If I work with them a little I could adjust but I wouldn't be able to give them a fair review if I tested them side by side because I would lean towards the Graphite Design product.

I owned a very high volume shop so I've fit a lot of people over 20 years. People gravitate towards what they're comfortable with and resist change. Feel and player feedback is very subjective so doing testing with players who all have decided that Mitsubishi product is good enough for their gamer driver will give you skewed results.

Now the LM data should be objective but we all know how when you're not comfortable with a club it doesn't perform for you no matter how perfectly it fits you. I'm not saying this is the case with any of the testers but it would've been nice to see some data from a little more diverse group as opposed to a bunch of guys with MRC shafts in their current gamers.

Your points are 100% valid and I agree with you in principle. What I should say is that we do test product for a living and nobody is paid to play anything. We are like everyone else, always searching for the next Holy Grail. I don't really care what name is on that product and I don't think most of our testers do either. I will kick this tidbit out, the Aldila Copperhead is spectacular. Rickey's comment "God [email protected]+? Just when I thought I was set." It's good. Very good.

• sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    Who owns Aldila?
  • Peanut191Peanut191 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭
    edited May 25, 2017 #99

Who owns Aldila?

MRC does. I believe you've made your point and a reasonable response was made to your question (or inference if it wasn't asked outright).

Look, I know you are skeptical here, but it seems Toll has set several disclaimers that these are his opinions. I don't really see him crapping all over any particular brand. There is even data to go along with the opinions. So, I don't see the problem here.
    M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
    M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
    Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
    Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
    Callaway Razr Forged GW 51
    Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey 60M
    Scotty Newport 1.5

Who owns Aldila?

Dude, we get it.

If YOU wanted to take the time out of your day/week to get a group of scratch and plus guys to test all the newest low spin shafts and provide the detailed trackman reports and analysis then please do it.

Accept the RESULTS and enjoy the findings, otherwise please stop.
  • Harve10Harve10 ClubWRX Posts: 645 ClubWRX
    Who owns Aldila?

Enough already. While you are entitled to your opinion, it does not always need to be voiced. No one is making you read this post and many of us enjoy the content. Clearly there has been a ton of effort put into this. If the goal was to move a particular brand, TB could keep posting batches of shafts on BST.
    Titleist 917D3 / TS3
    TM M2 T13 DF
    Titleist 718 AP2s
    Titleist SM7 Slate Blue Vokeys: 50F/54M/58K
    TM Spider X
  • cmb71cmb71 ClubWRX Posts: 1,406 ✭✭
    Harve10 wrote:

Who owns Aldila?

Enough already. While you are entitled to your opinion, it does not always need to be voiced. No one is making you read this post and many of us enjoy the content. Clearly there has been a ton of effort put into this. If the goal was to move a particular brand, TB could keep posting batches of shafts on BST.

Amen, brother. Let's avoid the bush league call outs please.
    TaylorMade M4 8.5* - Aldila Copper Mamba 60-TX
    TaylorMade M5 15* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
    TaylorMade GAPR Mid 3 - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade 760 4-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 50*, 54*, & 60* - Nippon Modus 115 Black Wedge
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS
    Rickey Z. Shaft analysis posted.

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,602 ✭✭
    edited May 26, 2017 #104
    Please folks let's not ruin this thread with bickering and such. JT has put a tonne of work into this for us.

JT, now we're getting to the swing speed neighourhood which I live (100-106 mph), can you add to the player's info how much each player has tipped their personal driver shaft?
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 115 Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5
    noodle3872 wrote:

Please folks let's not ruin this thread with bickering and such. JT has put a tonne of work into this for us.

JT, now we're getting to the swing speed neighourhood which I live (100-106 mph), can you add to the player's info how much each player has tipped their personal driver shaft?

I'd have to ask them, as I don't have that information​. I will say I have to intentally not give too much information here, and keep it to a more cliff notes type version based on client reports. If I do anything to discourage clients from paying for services, I won't have a job. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

TollBros wrote:

noodle3872 wrote:

I'd have to ask them, as I don't have that information​. I will say I have to intentally not give too much information here, and keep it to a more cliff notes type version based on client reports. If I do anything to discourage clients from paying for services, I won't have a job. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'd pay a subscription fee to access the kind of info you've provided in this topic. I was wondering about the slower swinger's shaft tipping as it's something that scares me. I'm of the mindset to go a flex stiffer untipped than tipping a softer flex.
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5
  • FireProFirePro Members Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Thanks for the update, I was leaning to the Kuro Kagi but now I will have to hit the Black Mamba just to be sure, Thank you again for the information I for one believe it can help narrow down the meany selections out there. keep up the good work.
    Cobra FlyZ+ @ 8.5 deg w/Grafalloy (White) Blue X-Stiff tipped 3/4" @ 44.75"
    Taylormade 2017 M1 set to 13 deg w/ RBZ TP Aldila RIP Alpha 70X Tipped 1" @ 42.5"
    Titleist 909 F2 (18.5deg) UST AxivCore Tour Green 95X Tipped 1.5" @ 41.5"
    Srixon Z U45 4 & 2 w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 105 X Hybrid shaft (4 @ 38.5", 2 @ 39.5")
    Srixon Z745 (5-PW) w/ KBS $-Taper X 130 Black
    Hand Crafted wedges from Kyoei Raw Forged Blanks
    52deg w/ KBS $-Taper 130X PW Shaft
    56deg w/ KBS $-Taper 130X PW Shaft
    60deg w/ KBS $-Taper 130X 8i Shaft
    Putter: Odyssey Havok
    FirePro wrote:

Thanks for the update, I was leaning to the Kuro Kagi but now I will have to hit the Black Mamba just to be sure, Thank you again for the information I for one believe it can help narrow down the meany selections out there. keep up the good work.

There is no be all, and all shaft that universally fits every single player. But there certainly is a perfect shaft for each individual player. That's why we provide the swing profiles along with the data, so that each player can hopefully relate to one of our testers and thus relate the data to themselves.

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,168 ✭✭
    Just when I didn't need to spend more money on shafts... I came and read this thread. -__-
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

TollBros wrote:

noodle3872 wrote:

If this is the cliffs notes version, I can only imagine the info you send to clients!
    edited May 26, 2017 #111
    hwu1 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

noodle3872 wrote:

If this is the cliffs notes version, I can only imagine the info you send to clients!

We are working with WRX management to finalize our sponsorship here and then I will feel more free to discuss things in greater depth. I just want to respect the business of golfwrx and not have this come across as an advertisement for services until we pay for that right to do so. At that point I will be more forthcoming. I really want to stress this and the driver test, and soon golf ball test, don't have anything to do with my place of employment. These are projects I take upon myself on my own time, on my own dollar, because I have the resources to do so, and enjoy giving back to this great community. I feel as if it's my obligation to offer something in return to such an invaluable resource provided free of charge. It takes a small army to run something of this size and keep it as clean and friendly as it is, and I doubt that's free. The least I can do is create quality content as a thank you to the community.

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,161 ✭✭
    Did this thread die? Is it worth trying to keep alive?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Absolutely, this thread is worth keeping alive. There is still a couple players' test results and shaft thoughts to come. It's a long weekend. I hope JT is taking some time to relax and recharge since he seems to keep a pretty busy schedule.
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5
    noodle3872 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Absolutely, this thread is worth keeping alive. There is still a couple players' test results and shaft thoughts to come. It's a long weekend. I hope JT is taking some time to relax and recharge since he seems to keep a pretty busy schedule.

Ys, I'm on family holiday for Memorial day weekend. I'll readdress it tomorrow.

• sub'd great info!
    Ping G400 8.5* HZRDUS BLK
    Adams Super LS XTD 13* Kuro Kage
    Titleist 910H 17* Kai'Li
    Titleist AP2 4-PW X100
    Titleist SM5 50, SM6 Brushed Copper 54, 58
    Nike Rors 006
  • HidekiWoodsHidekiWoods Posts: 226 ✭✭
    Awesome thread.

Quick question.

My swing speed is 110-113 with 3-4 AOA. Launch around 13, but I would like to cut a couple 100 RPMs of spin and get it closer to 1900-2000.

I tried the pro white 60tx, but spin was still around 2300. I have the 10.5 epic sub zero turned down to 9 and weight in the front. I would rather not have to purchase another head if possible.

Would tip trimming pro white 60tx get me there or 70tx? Or would you recommend another shaft? Pro orange, dc tx, etc.

TIA
    Epic SZ
    Apex Hybrid
    Srixon Z965
    MD Wedges

Night and Day Proto
  • jph4387jph4387 Members Posts: 935 ✭✭

Awesome thread.

Quick question.

My swing speed is 110-113 with 3-4 AOA. Launch around 13, but I would like to cut a couple 100 RPMs of spin and get it closer to 1900-2000.

I tried the pro white 60tx, but spin was still around 2300. I have the 10.5 epic sub zero turned down to 9 and weight in the front. I would rather not have to purchase another head if possible.

Would tip trimming pro white 60tx get me there or 70tx? Or would you recommend another shaft? Pro orange, dc tx, etc.

TIA

It's so hard to say but based on other results, it sounds like the Orange may be a good bet for you.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
    Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana BF 70X
    Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
  • blev2blev2 Blev Posts: 447 ✭✭
    I got my orange pro in yesterday and got to take it out today.

Just switched from the v2

I tipped it an inch and installed the TM adapter playing at 45". For some reason the shaft today felt a little loose and had A LOT of left in it. I was hitting a 60tx in the v2 and this is a 70tx. Didn't experience and left with the v2.

Any thoughts?
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,261 ✭✭
    Orange was terrible for me. The Kuro Kage XT DC is IMO the best Mitsu shaft.
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    J13 wrote:

Orange was terrible for me. The Kuro Kage XT DC is IMO the best Mitsu shaft.

The Pro or the V2?
  • macnewmamacnewma Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Toll-

Do you have any dispersion data? I'm hitting and loving the DC XT but the Tensei Orange is piquing my interest. Did the the testers that saw slight improvements with the Orange also see equal or better dispersion?