Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

1404143454653

Comments

  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    jgard320 wrote:


    There are a few test samples on the first page that have that info. But I personally struggle with the hzrdus black and find the t1100 to be one of the best shafts I have ever played. Your swing needs will dictate which is better for you.
    Good call looks like 200-300 RPMs less and maybe .5-1 degree less launch. Thanks
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Members Posts: 375 ✭✭
    The DCXT was/is a tour only shaft that’s why there isn’t a chart for it as far as I know.
  • jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Posts: 277 ClubWRX
    PatsNation wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:


    There are a few test samples on the first page that have that info. But I personally struggle with the hzrdus black and find the t1100 to be one of the best shafts I have ever played. Your swing needs will dictate which is better for you.
    Good call looks like 200-300 RPMs less and maybe .5-1 degree less launch. Thanks




    Both are stiff shafts. Black is very tip heavy and T1100 is counterbalanced. They will feel a lot different.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,668 ✭✭
    Something I'm curious about with counterbalanced shafts. Do they seem to feel a little stiffer in the sense that you can't feel it load as much? I don't have the option to swing weight my driver with the pro Orange installed. But, it has two weights and is 45" long. Being as though it's counter balanced, would I more than likely need to add even more weight to the head?



    To be fair, I haven't been able to even hit it in an indoor Sim yet. I'm just so used to feeling the head release through the impact zone. When swinging in my living room, the shaft feels a lot more uniform than I'm used to. No pronounced kick I guess.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Posts: 277 ClubWRX
    It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.



    I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won’t feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won’t kick like a blue type profile.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,668 ✭✭
    jgard320 wrote:


    It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.



    I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won’t feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won’t kick like a blue type profile.




    I may load the head up with some lead tape to see if it adds some more feel to it.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Posts: 277 ClubWRX
    radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:


    It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.



    I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won’t feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won’t kick like a blue type profile.




    I may load the head up with some lead tape to see if it adds some more feel to it.




    Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I’ve found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75”. My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I’ve been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.



    Then again, what works for you could be completely different. My t1100 discovery was the result of an impulse buy and a broken shaft forcing me to play a shaft that I had intended to flip due to all of the negative talk about feel and extreme low launch and spin.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,668 ✭✭
    jgard320 wrote:

    radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:


    It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.



    I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won’t feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won’t kick like a blue type profile.




    I may load the head up with some lead tape to see if it adds some more feel to it.




    Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I’ve found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75”. My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I’ve been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.



    Then again, what works for you could be completely different. My t1100 discovery was the result of an impulse buy and a broken shaft forcing me to play a shaft that I had intended to flip due to all of the negative talk about feel and extreme low launch and spin.




    Just remembered reading about an easy experiment. I taped 4 nickels on the sole of the driver. Now I can feel it. I think it equates to 20 grams. Seemed a little excessive so I dropped it down to 3 nickels. I feel like it may be the sweet spot at 15 grams.



    I'll have to figure out what the head weight is and aim to get my next driver close to that. Hoping Callaway can hot melt the Epic Flash so I can avoid sticking 2 feet of lead tape on the club image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • manima1manima1 Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

    jgard320 wrote:

    radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:


    It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.



    I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won't feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won't kick like a blue type profile.




    I may load the head up with some lead tape to see if it adds some more feel to it.




    Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I've found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75". My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I've been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.



    Then again, what works for you could be completely different. My t1100 discovery was the result of an impulse buy and a broken shaft forcing me to play a shaft that I had intended to flip due to all of the negative talk about feel and extreme low launch and spin.




    Just remembered reading about an easy experiment. I taped 4 nickels on the sole of the driver. Now I can feel it. I think it equates to 20 grams. Seemed a little excessive so I dropped it down to 3 nickels. I feel like it may be the sweet spot at 15 grams.



    I'll have to figure out what the head weight is and aim to get my next driver close to that. Hoping Callaway can hot melt the Epic Flash so I can avoid sticking 2 feet of lead tape on the club image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Make sure to actually hit it at that weight prior to hotmelting. I've found adding that much weight can have dramatic effect on ball flight tendencies. For me, while adding a ton of weight felt great on practice swings, I'd have a tendency to lose it right with too much weight. Vice-versa with too little weight. Get out the lead tape and hit some balls with your target weight before committing to hot melt.
    M5 9.0 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx tipped 1"
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    SM5 60.08M - Wedge Flex Raw Black
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line
  • jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Posts: 277 ClubWRX
    manima1 wrote:

    radiman wrote:

    jgard320 wrote:

    radiman wrote:
    jgard320 wrote:


    It could feel stiffer and some shafts may even be stiffer. Less weight on the head will make it put less stress on the shaft during the swing, whereas adding more weight to replicate the original feel will put more stress on the shaft during the swing. How much exactly is something an experienced clubmaker would have to answer.



    I do know from experience that Tensei Pro Orange is a linear shaft without much kick. You won't feel a ton until you add weight to the head, and even then, it won't kick like a blue type profile.




    I may load the head up with some lead tape to see if it adds some more feel to it.




    Worth a shot to see. How much you need to add depends on your swing speed, overall strength, tempo, and transition force. I've found that I need a driver at a much higher swing weight than normal, and I play at 43.75". My driver head has about 25 grams added to it from stock. All of that together has made the t1100 feel pretty smooth to me. I've been launching it around 14* with 2200 rpm spin. My swing speed is down to 115 in that set up, but my consistency is much improved.



    Then again, what works for you could be completely different. My t1100 discovery was the result of an impulse buy and a broken shaft forcing me to play a shaft that I had intended to flip due to all of the negative talk about feel and extreme low launch and spin.




    Just remembered reading about an easy experiment. I taped 4 nickels on the sole of the driver. Now I can feel it. I think it equates to 20 grams. Seemed a little excessive so I dropped it down to 3 nickels. I feel like it may be the sweet spot at 15 grams.



    I'll have to figure out what the head weight is and aim to get my next driver close to that. Hoping Callaway can hot melt the Epic Flash so I can avoid sticking 2 feet of lead tape on the club image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Make sure to actually hit it at that weight prior to hotmelting. I've found adding that much weight can have dramatic effect on ball flight tendencies. For me, while adding a ton of weight felt great on practice swings, I'd have a tendency to lose it right with too much weight. Vice-versa with too little weight. Get out the lead tape and hit some balls with your target weight before committing to hot melt.




    100% agree with this. Once I started adding weight back, I was launching and spinning shafts off the charts. I almost ended up matching the t1100 by default as a result of the weight I added.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,668 ✭✭
    jgard320 wrote:

    manima1 wrote:






    Make sure to actually hit it at that weight prior to hotmelting. I've found adding that much weight can have dramatic effect on ball flight tendencies. For me, while adding a ton of weight felt great on practice swings, I'd have a tendency to lose it right with too much weight. Vice-versa with too little weight. Get out the lead tape and hit some balls with your target weight before committing to hot melt.




    100% agree with this. Once I started adding weight back, I was launching and spinning shafts off the charts. I almost ended up matching the t1100 by default as a result of the weight I added.




    Yeah, I will start with a less permanent way of adding weight. I am hoping to find a middle ground. Right now, there are 3 nickels taped to it and it feels pretty good. I think if I can get down to 10 grams being added it would be more manageable. I will weigh the head as is as well just to see how it compares to stock.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • KaexoKaexo Members Posts: 671 ✭✭
    edited Nov 28, 2018 #1273
    TollBros,



    Still think the Copperhead 70TX ranks up there as one of the best shafts along with Pro orange and KK DC TX?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    Kaexo wrote:


    TollBros,



    Still think the Copperhead 70TX ranks up there as one of the best shafts along with Pro orange and KK DC TX?




    It is a great shaft for a player who likes a smooth counterbalance profile that isn't tremendously low spin, but it's still lower than most. It fits a pretty specific type of player.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • odshot68odshot68 Members Posts: 7,856 ✭✭
    Any thoughts on a low spin mid launch with stiffer tip and mid section for a driver and 3 wood?

    Mizuno ST190G 10 deg Driver Atmos Black 6X Tour Spec
    Mizuno ST190 3TS 14 deg Atmos Black 7S Tour Spec
    Mizuno CLK #4 22 deg Fujikura Speeder Evo 75 HB Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Dynamic Gold S300
    Vokey SM7 Tour Chrome 50.12F, 56.10S, 60.04L S200
    Bettinardi BB29 Putter

  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    odshot68 wrote:


    Any thoughts on a low spin mid launch with stiffer tip and mid section for a driver and 3 wood?




    Shoot me a DM and I'll let you know what I need to determine what's best for you.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • PompsPomps Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    Anyone know a hybrid shaft that would most resemble the kk dc XT?
    TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2 9.8* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX 44.5" (D5)
    TaylorMade M3 3 wood 15* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX 43" (D6)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    Titleist 915HD 20.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 85g 6.0 (D4)
    Mizuno M18 4-7 SC, 8-p MB DG Tour Issue S400 1.5* Flat (D3)
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini S 33.5"
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    Pomps wrote:


    Anyone know a hybrid shaft that would most resemble the kk dc XT?




    Believe it or not the Kuro Kage silver Tini in 95x s much closer to the XT type profile than you'd think. It's quite stable and flat launching.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • PompsPomps Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:


    Anyone know a hybrid shaft that would most resemble the kk dc XT?




    Believe it or not the Kuro Kage silver Tini in 95x s much closer to the XT type profile than you'd think. It's quite stable and flat launching.




    Thank you as always. Is that a different profile than the silver series that I see all over?
    TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2 9.8* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX 44.5" (D5)
    TaylorMade M3 3 wood 15* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX 43" (D6)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    Titleist 915HD 20.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 85g 6.0 (D4)
    Mizuno M18 4-7 SC, 8-p MB DG Tour Issue S400 1.5* Flat (D3)
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini S 33.5"
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    Pomps wrote:

    TollBros wrote:
    Pomps wrote:


    Anyone know a hybrid shaft that would most resemble the kk dc XT?




    Believe it or not the Kuro Kage silver Tini in 95x is much closer to the XT type profile than you'd think. It's quite stable and flat launching.




    Thank you as always. Is that a different profile than the silver series that I see all over?




    It's just the standard retail silver Tini Hybrid. The hybrid profile is more XT than it is standard silver profile. If you need one, please let me know and we can get that taken care of for you.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    Let's add the feedback on Aldila Tour ATX Blue and Green Graphene Protos, along with the data on Rogue 130.



    Test Feedback + Data



    Tour Green '19 is best described as somewhat of a Tensei Pro White type profile with slightly more kick and life to it, but still very stable. I suppose the best description of the feel came from one of our testers. To paraphrase slightly, he said that the shaft feels like it loads, but hits a load point where everything seems to freeze and hold. Meaning that you can feel the life in the shaft when it loads up, but instead of feeling loose and overloading, it hits a point of stability in the load process where you can feel the shaft firm up and hold that load to impact. You don't really feel a pronounced kick through the ball, more of sort of a snap release of the load up into the golf ball. It's somewhat subtle but it almost feels like a small powerful snap into the ball at impact. I would also say that it feels a little bit more tight in the handle than a typical white board type profile, but still has that general feel, coupled with tremendous tip stability without feeling harsh. I am assuming that this is the affect of the Graphene technology, allowing the shaft to have smoothness to a degree, and no feeling of harshness, but still retain a very stiff tip section to keep the spin ultra low. It is, I would say, slightly tighter feeling overall than Synergy Black, but VERY similar in overall feel and performance. This is not anything resembling a broomstick type shaft. The feel, as in Synergy Black, is surprising to some. We just aren't used to having a shaft with so much feel to it, yet such eye poppingly low spin numbers. If you like something you don't feel like you need to absolutely stand on to get it to perform, but still want ultra low spin and a controlled launch angle, this is it. We also found it to be very straight hitting. Several testers commented that it was really deviating much unless they really tried to manipulate the shot pattern. Again, I'm going to assume it's the graphene tech that is causing this, just the same as Synergy Black did.



    Tour Blue '19 is, I would say more of a Mitsubishi blue board type profile. The shaft has pronounced life to it, and really has that sort of original blue board type butt stability with that lower life in the shaft that makes it feel so smooth and manageable. It is certainly not as low launch or spin than the Tour Green, and is more for the player who either wants a fairway wood combination, or even just loves the blue board feel and performance, yet does not need the massive spin reduction of the Tour Green. The kick is pronounced and the shaft was really more well received by players under 120mph. It's a shaft that is smooth feeling, easy to turn over and move around with, yet is still stable enough not to feel uncontrollable when you want to hit your "stock shot". Tensei Pro Blue might be a competitor for this profile, however I'd say it feels slightly more lively overall, more like an original blueboard.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • PompsPomps Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    I know the reviews on the Hzrdus yellow were on the 75g 6.5 version. I have the opportunity to grab the 83g 6.5 for my M3 fairway. Any thoughts on the 83g?
    TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2 9.8* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX 44.5" (D5)
    TaylorMade M3 3 wood 15* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX 43" (D6)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    Titleist 915HD 20.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 85g 6.0 (D4)
    Mizuno M18 4-7 SC, 8-p MB DG Tour Issue S400 1.5* Flat (D3)
    Vokey SM6 51* (D5; 2.5* flat); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5; 2.5* flat) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59* (D5; 2* flat ) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini S 33.5"
  • ckates7ckates7 Members Posts: 395 ✭✭
    What is comparable right now to the Aldila Rogue 130MSI?
  • radtechradtech Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭
    Can someone help a brother out? I'm a fan of Kuro Kage from back with the Adams Super LS line of fairway woods and hybrids for 5-7 years ago. Kuro Kage is very confusing to just look at names or pictures as most all there shaft look a lot a like.



    Can someone post the SKU number for the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT that was tested? I would like to try one out. THANK YOU to whoever takes to time to reply!!!!
  • Puttfordough91Puttfordough91 Banned Posts: 120
    radtech wrote:


    Can someone help a brother out? I'm a fan of Kuro Kage from back with the Adams Super LS line of fairway woods and hybrids for 5-7 years ago. Kuro Kage is very confusing to just look at names or pictures as most all there shaft look a lot a like.



    Can someone post the SKU number for the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT that was tested? I would like to try one out. THANK YOU to whoever takes to time to reply!!!!


    That was a tour only shaft so there wouldn’t be any retail place to buy it if you search on eBay there is probably a few kicking around.
    TBD
    Tour issue 2017 m2 tour shaft tbd
    Nike vapor fly pro 3 fuji pro 115 ts
    4-9 jpx 919 tour c taper x
    Vokey 48 52 56 60 kbs c taper/hi rev
    Scotty buttonback newport 2
  • radtechradtech Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭

    radtech wrote:


    Can someone help a brother out? I'm a fan of Kuro Kage from back with the Adams Super LS line of fairway woods and hybrids for 5-7 years ago. Kuro Kage is very confusing to just look at names or pictures as most all there shaft look a lot a like.



    Can someone post the SKU number for the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT that was tested? I would like to try one out. THANK YOU to whoever takes to time to reply!!!!


    That was a tour only shaft so there wouldn’t be any retail place to buy it if you search on eBay there is probably a few kicking around.




    thanks
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2019 12:27pm #1287
    ckates7 wrote:


    What is comparable right now to the Aldila Rogue 130MSI?




    There is a data block of that shaft compared with others two posts above where you asked this.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭

    radtech wrote:


    Can someone help a brother out? I'm a fan of Kuro Kage from back with the Adams Super LS line of fairway woods and hybrids for 5-7 years ago. Kuro Kage is very confusing to just look at names or pictures as most all there shaft look a lot a like.



    Can someone post the SKU number for the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT that was tested? I would like to try one out. THANK YOU to whoever takes to time to reply!!!!


    That was a tour only shaft so there wouldn’t be any retail place to buy it if you search on eBay there is probably a few kicking around.




    Just remember that the XT profile is TX flex ONLY. No exception to that rule. They are out of production and no longer made.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • cali_catalystcali_catalyst Cinderella story... Members Posts: 29
    Dcoop86 wrote:

    scojo wrote:

    Dcoop86 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    Dcoop86 wrote:


    For anyone out there playing multiple of these shafts... I had Toll help me with two different Synergy shafts (a 60tx and 70tx) both tipped 2" and the 60tx was absolutely MONEY in an 8.2* 460 M1 and I put both weights on the front track split apart.



    My question....



    I snapped the 60tx and lost the M1 head as it went flying into a hazard... Now that I can't get my hands on a Synergy 60tx I'm looking at the Pro Orange tipped 1.2-2" as well in a 8.2* M2. I plan on opening the M2 slightly and changing the back weight out for something slightly lighter and hot melting near the face. Anyone have suggestions away from that setup? I was clocked at Tru Spec at 134mph swing speed if it matters. I'm just trying to get a hold of spin and launch while keeping the feel of the Synergy.



    Edit: video for "transition" or tempo https://www.instagra...id=dknbyjbrolgn




    Synergy Black is very unique in that it feels incredibly smooth, launches more mid, but the spin is incredibly low. That feel is very hard to get in a shaft this low spin. The closest thing, now that Black profile is gone is probably Synergy Green Proto, or the protos we are testing out right now, that I should be able to discuss sometime next week.




    Looking forward to it. I ended up buying a 7.2* M4 with a PO tipped 1.5" but will still be on the lookout for shafts if this doesn't cut the mustard.




    Where did you find a 7.2* M4? Sign me up for one of those!




    The one and only Will Peoples at The People's clubs. I think he has another M4 Head that is Sub 8* but I snagged the lowest. Just tell him Drew sent you. Dude makes some awesome clubs




    I can say that both Will and Toll offer amazing service and clubs. Be warned... it is a dangerous slope you are about to embark on. Almost got kicked out of the house when wife saw the empty boxes in the garage from 4 shafts and 3 clubs...
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Driver: M3 440 + Synergy 70TX or Tensi White 70TX
    2-iron: Cobra Forged CB | KBS Tour 130x
    3-PW: MP18 MB | KBS Tour 130x
    50 = Mizuno T7 | KBS Tour 130x
    54/58 = Fourteen RM22 Raw | KBS TourV
    Scotty Laguna 1.5
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭






    I can say that both Will and Toll offer amazing service and clubs. Be warned... it is a dangerous slope you are about to embark on. Almost got kicked out of the house when wife saw the empty boxes in the garage from 4 shafts and 3 clubs...




    So I probably shouldn't tell you that we will have brand new Tour issue M5 and M6 heads in about 6 weeks? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 771 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:


    So I probably shouldn't tell you that we will have brand new Tour issue M5 and M6 heads in about 6 weeks? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />




    I'M IN!!!!!!! After, of course, hearing your opinion on the new M's.

    Titleist TS3 @ 9.5º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Hogan PTxPro 4-PW
    Cobra King Satin 50º, 54º, 58º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Sign In or Register to comment.