We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - Continuous On Going Information and Data Updates

1235754
54

Comments

  • J13J13 Dad golf  15883Members Posts: 15,883
    Joined:  edited Jun 1, 2017 #122
    hwu1 wrote:

    J13 wrote:


    Orange was terrible for me. The Kuro Kage XT DC is IMO the best Mitsu shaft.




    The Pro or the V2?




    V2. It was literally the worst shaft i've ever tried.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jleduc2200jleduc2200  211Members Posts: 211
    Joined:  #123
    blev2 wrote:


    I got my orange pro in yesterday and got to take it out today.



    Just switched from the v2



    I tipped it an inch and installed the TM adapter playing at 45". For some reason the shaft today felt a little loose and had A LOT of left in it. I was hitting a 60tx in the v2 and this is a 70tx. Didn't experience and left with the v2.



    Any thoughts?




    I've had the same experience. Thinking I'm going to stick with the V2 vs the Pro version. I'm not Ernie Els smooth nor am I Jason Day quick, but the V2 seems to fit my transition and release best at this point. For some reason the Pro Orange felt really soft to me, even with being tipped 1" and I swing in the 115 range. Oddly enough the V2 seems to be able to take all I can throw at it or a smooth one, like the KK DC is described as by many.
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]WITB
    TaylorMade Tour Issue 2017 M1 10.5*- Tensei Orange V2 70 TX
    Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 16.5 HL 3wood - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 85g 6.5
    Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 18* 5 wood - Project X Hzrdus Black 95g 6.5
    Mizuno MP 25 - 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54* and 58* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron 009
    Titleist Pro V1x[/font]
  • blev2blev2 Blev  461Members Posts: 461
    Joined:  #124
    I don't know what do think. It was all over the map. The main miss was a hard hook (not my typical miss) but there were even a couple blocks. It felt like the club was flying all over the place when I went at one. Maybe have to just head back to the v2 or maybe give the dual core a try.
    Posted:
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 2912Members Posts: 2,912
    Joined:  #125
    blev2 wrote:


    I don't know what do think. It was all over the map. The main miss was a hard hook (not my typical miss) but there were even a couple blocks. It felt like the club was flying all over the place when I went at one. Maybe have to just head back to the v2 or maybe give the dual core a try.




    I think you are finding out what type of shaft profile your swing jives with best. I have tried counter balanced shafts and they are a bit of a crap shoot. Sometimes I get good results but most times not. I'd love to give the Pro Orange a go but the soft butt (even though it doesn't sound like it plays soft) and I probably won't get along. I have tried just about every shaft profile and I keep coming back to the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT Proto in my driver and Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi in my fairway wood. No other shaft gives me the combo of accuracy and distance that these shafts provide.
    Posted:

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 10.5° driver MCA Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood MCA Diamana BF 60 S Flex

    Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Titleist Yellow Pro V1x


    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° driver MCA Diamana DF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

    Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang

  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Long Island NY 940Members, ClubWRX Posts: 940
    Joined:  #126
    I love that you do this type of head to head comparison. I just switched from the AD-GP7x to the T-1100 75 in my G LS and loving the T-1100. Funny, my ball flight actually is a little higher with the T-1100 than the GP.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM6 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Ping Redwood
    ProV1X / TPX5
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • jph4387jph4387  946Members Posts: 946
    Joined:  #127
    Can't wait for the rest of the players descriptions.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
    Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana BF 70X
    Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • JStangJStang  2624Members Posts: 2,624
    Joined:  #128
    I put the Pro Orange into play last night with great success. I hit the longest drive I have ever hit not counting big down wind holes.
    Posted:
    '16 M2 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 | T-MB 3, 718 CB 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM7 58 | Toulon LV
  • jph4387jph4387  946Members Posts: 946
    Joined:  #129
    JStang wrote:


    I put the Pro Orange into play last night with great success. I hit the longest drive I have ever hit not counting big down wind holes.




    Couldn't agree more. I"m loving mine and I never thought I'd drop my Pro White.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
    Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana BF 70X
    Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  #130


    Awesome thread.



    Quick question.



    My swing speed is 110-113 with 3-4 AOA. Launch around 13, but I would like to cut a couple 100 RPMs of spin and get it closer to 1900-2000.



    I tried the pro white 60tx, but spin was still around 2300. I have the 10.5 epic sub zero turned down to 9 and weight in the front. I would rather not have to purchase another head if possible.



    Would tip trimming pro white 60tx get me there or 70tx? Or would you recommend another shaft? Pro orange, dc tx, etc.



    TIA




    If you like pro white balance point, take a look at dual core 70tx. It should do just what you are asking.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  #131
    blev2 wrote:


    I got my orange pro in yesterday and got to take it out today.



    Just switched from the v2



    I tipped it an inch and installed the TM adapter playing at 45". For some reason the shaft today felt a little loose and had A LOT of left in it. I was hitting a 60tx in the v2 and this is a 70tx. Didn't experience and left with the v2.



    Any thoughts?




    Balance is actually a little higher with V2. Could be the head is just a bit too heavy based on the balance and additional weight of the shaft. Pull 2-3 grams out of it and see if it doesn't tighten up.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  #132
    macnewma wrote:


    Toll-



    Do you have any dispersion data? I'm hitting and loving the DC XT but the Tensei Orange is piquing my interest. Did the the testers that saw slight improvements with the Orange also see equal or better dispersion?




    Dispersion is mostly going to depend on how consistently you deliver the club head. Balance point and weight play the biggest role here, as well as making sure flex is right. I'd say all things being equal, kkdc XT, pro orange and T1100 are the consistently most accurate.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15883Members Posts: 15,883
    Joined:  #133
    TollBros wrote:

    macnewma wrote:


    Toll-



    Do you have any dispersion data? I'm hitting and loving the DC XT but the Tensei Orange is piquing my interest. Did the the testers that saw slight improvements with the Orange also see equal or better dispersion?




    Dispersion is mostly going to depend on how consistently you deliver the club head. Balance point and weight play the biggest role here, as well as making sure flex is right. I'd say all things being equal, kkdc XT, pro orange and T1100 are the consistently most accurate.




    You really need to test an Agera. Let me know I can connect you but one of the most stable shafts on the planet especially for guys like your testers.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • HidekiWoodsHidekiWoods  258Members Posts: 258
    Joined:  #134
    Thanks, Toll. Should I tip it any or play straight in?



    Anyone looking to get rid of a dual core 70tx, playing length 45.5" w/ epic adapter?







    Posted:
    Epic SZ
    Apex Hybrid
    Srixon Z965
    MD Wedges

    Night and Day Proto
  • JStangJStang  2624Members Posts: 2,624
    Joined:  #135
    jph4387 wrote:

    JStang wrote:


    I put the Pro Orange into play last night with great success. I hit the longest drive I have ever hit not counting big down wind holes.




    Couldn't agree more. I"m loving mine and I never thought I'd drop my Pro White.




    I hit the Pro White really well too but I had a tendency to turn it over a little too much.
    Posted:
    '16 M2 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 | T-MB 3, 718 CB 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM7 58 | Toulon LV
  • pdiddy3pdiddy3  346Members Posts: 346
    Joined:  #136
    I second the Agera review. So stable, so accurate.
    Posted:
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  #137
    J13 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    macnewma wrote:


    Toll-



    Do you have any dispersion data? I'm hitting and loving the DC XT but the Tensei Orange is piquing my interest. Did the the testers that saw slight improvements with the Orange also see equal or better dispersion?




    Dispersion is mostly going to depend on how consistently you deliver the club head. Balance point and weight play the biggest role here, as well as making sure flex is right. I'd say all things being equal, kkdc XT, pro orange and T1100 are the consistently most accurate.




    You really need to test an Agera. Let me know I can connect you but one of the most stable shafts on the planet especially for guys like your testers.




    That's a Veylix shaft? I did want to include their 788 but could not find a resource to get one at dealer cost for testing so it wasn't included. We are always open to include anything in these tests and would certainly not mind expanding the range for the next one. I'm going to wrap this one up shortly then I need to get started on the golf ball test results.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  #138


    Thanks, Toll. Should I tip it any or play straight in?



    Anyone looking to get rid of a dual core 70tx, playing length 45.5" w/ epic adapter?




    1/2 inch at your speed would be fine especially with the lighter head with the longer shaft set up.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  #139
    106mph data added. I was able to add the Copperhead data to the rest as well.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 2912Members Posts: 2,912
    Joined:  edited Jun 3, 2017 #140
    I don't see Copperhead data anywhere but the last summary.



    I'm interested to read Kevin's shaft thoughts. Looks like he got a long well with all the shafts pretty well except the Hzrdus Black.
    Posted:

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 10.5° driver MCA Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood MCA Diamana BF 60 S Flex

    Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

    Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

    Titleist Yellow Pro V1x


    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° driver MCA Diamana DF 50 S Flex

    Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

    Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang

  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  edited Jun 3, 2017 #141
    noodle3872 wrote:


    I don't see Copperhead data anywhere but the last summary.



    I'm interested to read Kevin's shaft thoughts. Looks like he got a long well with all the shafts pretty well except the Hzrdus Black.




    Yes I already had posted the earlier data before we received the Copperhead. I'm able to add the data in on the last 3 players but will have to address it separately with the first 4. And yes, Kevin is very consistent and repeatable. He is probably the best guy in terms of hitting every profile with the same consistency and adjusting almost immediately.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15883Members Posts: 15,883
    Joined:  #142
    TollBros wrote:

    J13 wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    macnewma wrote:


    Toll-



    Do you have any dispersion data? I'm hitting and loving the DC XT but the Tensei Orange is piquing my interest. Did the the testers that saw slight improvements with the Orange also see equal or better dispersion?




    Dispersion is mostly going to depend on how consistently you deliver the club head. Balance point and weight play the biggest role here, as well as making sure flex is right. I'd say all things being equal, kkdc XT, pro orange and T1100 are the consistently most accurate.




    You really need to test an Agera. Let me know I can connect you but one of the most stable shafts on the planet especially for guys like your testers.




    That's a Veylix shaft? I did want to include their 788 but could not find a resource to get one at dealer cost for testing so it wasn't included. We are always open to include anything in these tests and would certainly not mind expanding the range for the next one. I'm going to wrap this one up shortly then I need to get started on the golf ball test results.




    It's actually made by Xphlexxx but Veylix makes the shaft for them. It will handle all the speed you can throw at it. The Veylix Rome 788 is another one you should test.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28888Members Posts: 28,888
    Joined:  #143
    Am i a dinosaur for still playing the D+?



    I hit it on a LM recently with 108-109 SS and was 2100 rpm around. When i was fit for it in December i was 103ss and 2000rpm. I tend to launch very high and for me it's always been a really good shaft



    I guess surprised it wasn't in the mix given the overall mitsubishi products tested.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902
    Joined:  #144
    MtlJeff wrote:


    Am i a dinosaur for still playing the D+?.......



    I guess surprised it wasn't in the mix given the overall mitsubishi products tested.




    I tried to keep it to the newest and hottest shafts on Tour and Golfwrx at this point in time.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • manima1manima1 Chicago 736Members Posts: 736
    Joined:  #145
    JStang wrote:


    I put the Pro Orange into play last night with great success. I hit the longest drive I have ever hit not counting big down wind holes.




    How would you compare it to the KKDC?



    And on a side note, all in good humor, you definitely epitomize the WRX club hoe rep!!
    Posted:
    M5 9.0 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx 
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    TM Hi-Toe 60.12ATV - S400 Black
    TM Spider X - Navy
  • JStangJStang  2624Members Posts: 2,624
    Joined:  #146
    manima1 wrote:

    JStang wrote:


    I put the Pro Orange into play last night with great success. I hit the longest drive I have ever hit not counting big down wind holes.




    How would you compare it to the KKDC?



    And on a side note, all in good humor, you definitely epitomize the WRX club hoe rep!!




    I would say the Tensei Orange is easier for me to work right to left which I prefer. I am somewhat numb to shaft feel but a friend of mine hit my pro orange and the first thing he said was "I Love the feel of this thing. Is it heavier in the butt end?" I could play either and be fine.



    You aren't kidding about the club hoe! Tensei Pro Blue, White, Orange and KK Dual Core all sitting in my garage right now. I am going to sell the white and the blue is in the classifieds. I will probably hang on to the dual core and test it more side by side with the Pro Orange before making a decision between the two.



    For what it's worth, my swing speed tops out around 113 and I have them all tipped 1/2". I have never felt like they are too much shaft for me.
    Posted:
    '16 M2 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 | T-MB 3, 718 CB 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM7 58 | Toulon LV
  • manima1manima1 Chicago 736Members Posts: 736
    Joined:  #147
    JStang wrote:

    manima1 wrote:

    JStang wrote:


    I put the Pro Orange into play last night with great success. I hit the longest drive I have ever hit not counting big down wind holes.




    How would you compare it to the KKDC?



    And on a side note, all in good humor, you definitely epitomize the WRX club hoe rep!!




    I would say the Tensei Orange is easier for me to work right to left which I prefer. I am somewhat numb to shaft feel but a friend of mine hit my pro orange and the first thing he said was "I Love the feel of this thing. Is it heavier in the butt end?" I could play either and be fine.



    You aren't kidding about the club hoe! Tensei Pro Blue, White, Orange and KK Dual Core all sitting in my garage right now. I am going to sell the white and the blue is in the classifieds. I will probably hang on to the dual core and test it more side by side with the Pro Orange before making a decision between the two.



    For what it's worth, my swing speed tops out around 113 and I have them all tipped 1/2". I have never felt like they are too much shaft for me.




    That's a lot of cash tied up in shafts! However, as you know this high-end stuff is great in re-sale. Low risk purchases when they don't work out.



    I haven't had SS measured in a while but I probably top out around the same as you. I did not tip this shaft but may do 1/2" down the line if only to coax a slightly lower ball flight. I hit everything super high but was nervous about this shaft feeling too boardy.



    My revelation with the KKDC came 2 weekends ago - it loves to be let loose and just seems to get better with firmer swings. It performs great on slower swings and never feels boardy, but my god does it turn into a beast when you let it loose. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even be worried about anything else, but the Pro Orange data here is undeniable.
    Posted:
    M5 9.0 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx 
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    TM Hi-Toe 60.12ATV - S400 Black
    TM Spider X - Navy
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • kmakkmak  139Members Posts: 139
    Joined:  #148
    Do you think you might get the results posted for us mere mortals (100 mph) before the season is over? image/rockon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rockon:' />
    Posted:
  • coreylcoreyl Hacker  1172Members Posts: 1,172
    Joined:  #149
    kmak wrote:


    Do you think you might get the results posted for us mere mortals (100 mph) before the season is over? image/rockon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rockon:' />




    **** man...the guy isn't getting paid by us to do this shat. He will get to it when he gets to it.
    Posted:
  • Ironhorse723Ironhorse723 The Land of Oz 815Members Posts: 815
    Joined:  #150
    That black mamba is sweet and rather intriguing! Is it worth giving up my Dual Core for? I'm pretty happy with it but this is the wrx community haha.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic SZ LCG 9.5 Kuro Kage XT 70TX
    TM '17 M2 15 Diamana LTD 80TX
    TM '17 M1 18 Accra Tour Zx 4100
    Adams Pro Black 9031 DF 20 Diamana Thump X
    Callaway RAZR X Forged 5-6, MB 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130 X
    SM7 Jet Black 52F, TVD 56K, SM6 Jet Black 60K DG Black Onyx S400
    Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S Flat Cat Tak Svelte
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone  2505Members Posts: 2,505
    Joined:  edited Jun 5, 2017 #151


    That black mamba is sweet and rather intriguing! Is it worth giving up my Dual Core for? I'm pretty happy with it but this is the wrx community haha.




    I've got a Dual Core 70 TX coming as well... Replacing the Rogue Silver 110....any direct comparisons by chance?
    Posted:
54

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.