Tensei Orange Graphics

Comments

• tarmactrrtarmactrr Members Posts: 180
    Also just FYI my shaft came from People's Clubs, so I'd imagine he knows what he's selling.
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,470 ✭✭
    tarmactrr wrote:

Also just FYI my shaft came from People's Clubs, so I'd imagine he knows what he's selling.

I am not doubting that what you have is legitimate, I just don't understand why they didn't label their pro versions, by simply stamping "pro" somewhere on the shaft. It would have been so simple, and instead, they are creating a lot of confusion. Is there no distinguishing graphic between the Pro and Non-Pro Orange? Why in the world would they do something that stupid?
    Epic Flash Subzero with Synergy Black Proto 60TX shaft vs. Cobra F9 Tour length with Synergy Black Proto 65TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
    I've been following along the Mitsubishi shaft threads on several sites. The Pro Orange, even in proto stage had MR70 on the tip. Could a batch have slipped thru without it? Sure, I guess so.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • jph4387jph4387 Members Posts: 939 ✭✭
    Mine is the pro version and it doesn't say boron or mr70. I know it's a pro due to the TX flex.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
    Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana BF 70X
    Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
    noodle3872 wrote:

I've been following along the Mitsubishi shaft threads on several sites. The Pro Orange, even in proto stage had MR70 on the tip. Could a batch have slipped thru without it? Sure, I guess so.

Or perhaps the proto V3 had the MR70 label and they decided to drop it for the production versions. The production version hasn't been out very long at all.
  • tommaso05tommaso05 Members Posts: 247 ✭✭
    Mine is a 60 TX v3. Newer run. No text/graphics under Mitsubishi Chemicals. Here's what the butt sticker looks like:

1836452626c8cb6b3c8345531027284e.jpg

5d85121701812203976e7eafc086cd0f.jpg

ab3da42f4c3eed152d60070a6acdab19.jpg

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
    King Cobra F6 3/4H 20.5' - Aldila Tour Blue 85H 2.3 X
    Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - DG Tour Issue S400
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7
    tarmactrr wrote:

noodle3872 wrote:

Or perhaps the proto V3 had the MR70 label and they decided to drop it for the production versions. The production version hasn't been out very long at all.

Could be but then Mitsubishi should take down the pics they have on the Pro Orange product page as it shows the MR70 label.
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • trhodetrhode Fitter / Builder Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭
    Considering MRC hasn't even started to ship the non-pro orange to its distributors, it's very unlikely that anyone has a non-pro version. At this time, there is no way to confirm what the non-pro will even look like. Swing Science only has the Pro version and has no official date when or if they will receive the non-pro for distribution. Considering this is the 3rd version of this shaft and the year is half over, it's possible MRC hasn't even decided on the profile makeup of the non-pro yet.
  • jph4387jph4387 Members Posts: 939 ✭✭
    trhode wrote:

Considering MRC hasn't even started to ship the non-pro orange to its distributors, it's very unlikely that anyone has a non-pro version. At this time, there is no way to confirm what the non-pro will even look like. Swing Science only has the Pro version and has no official date when or if they will receive the non-pro for distribution. Considering this is the 3rd version of this shaft and the year is half over, it's possible MRC hasn't even decided on the profile makeup of the non-pro yet.

Great question. One possibility is I know they quit doing the non-pro tensei blues in the short term. With the latest Callaway steelhead release, the stock tensei blue has silver below the blue ring. I wonder if the non-pro versions will all look like that.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
    Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana BF 70X
    Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
    jph4387 wrote:

trhode wrote:

Great question. One possibility is I know they quit doing the non-pro tensei blues in the short term. With the latest Callaway steelhead release, the stock tensei blue has silver below the blue ring. I wonder if the non-pro versions will all look like that.

...and as usual, Callaway is using some kind of watered down, not quite the real thing version of a shaft. It's a pain in the a** when someone breaks one!
  • markjincmarkjinc Banned Posts: 1,900
    Well, now I'm really confused. I ordered a 70TX V3 from Toll Bros and mine reads Mitsubishi Rayon NOT Mitsubishi Chemical.
  • golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX Posts: 539 ClubWRX
    markjinc wrote:

Well, now I'm really confused. I ordered a 70TX V3 from Toll Bros and mine reads Mitsubishi Rayon NOT Mitsubishi Chemical.

My understanding is the Rayons of the orange are handmade, chemical massed produced! Mitsubishi has made this really confusing, hopefully tollbros will weigh in!
    markjinc wrote:

Now to make matters even more confusing, my 2017 TM M2 Tour Issue driver arrived today with a Pro Orange 60 Stiff. It is labeled Mitsubishi Chemical and has no MR70 graphic like on their product page.
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
    markjinc wrote:

That's probably the pre production prototype shaft V3. I know he's had a few of them.

noodle3872 wrote:

markjinc wrote:

Now to make matters even more confusing, my 2017 TM M2 Tour Issue driver arrived today with a Pro Orange 60 Stiff. It is labeled Mitsubishi Chemical and has no MR70 graphic like on their product page.

Pull the grip and look at the sticker. If it has CKPR OR then it's a pro orange.
    Been playing my V2 vs. Pro Orange for the past couple of weeks, both in a Cobra King LTD head, and I have been impressed with both shafts. I am still not sure which one I prefer, as I like them both. I don't seem to have the type of swing that immediately makes one of them bad for me, like others have said on here. The Pro Orange does launch lower than the V2. The V2 feels little stiffer overall to me, but only by a very small amount. I drove the ball pretty well today using the Orange. I was going to test the V2 on the course sometime this week, but my son tried it today and loved it. I may not be getting this one back from him.
    Epic Flash Subzero with Synergy Black Proto 60TX shaft vs. Cobra F9 Tour length with Synergy Black Proto 65TX
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,446 ClubWRX
    They def make the pro in a stiff, but I too am trying to figure out how to tell it's a pro
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

They def make the pro in a stiff, but I too am trying to figure out how to tell it's a pro

As stated above. If the sticker under the grip says CKPR OR, it is the pro. Also, as of now, the non-pro Orange isn't out yet, according to trhode
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,446 ClubWRX
    I hope you are right about that, I bought one today, 70s and got a great deal, with PayPal protection but I'm just hoping it's real deal. Says Mitsubishi chemical also
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,574 ClubWRX
    Excited to get the V3 Pro Orange in play against some of the other MCA gems in the stable...

For what it's worth it swingweighted a full 3-4 points lower than my old KK Silver TiNi. It's EXTREMELY counterbalanced. I'm now playing a 14g and 7g in my SZ driver and before it was a 12g/2g combo.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120S
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 1,895 ✭✭
    edited Jul 15, 2017 #51
    DTown3011 wrote:

Excited to get the V3 Pro Orange in play against some of the other MCA gems in the stable...

For what it's worth it swingweighted a full 3-4 points lower than my old KK Silver TiNi. It's EXTREMELY counterbalanced. I'm now playing a 14g and 7g in my SZ driver and before it was a 12g/2g combo.

**** collection!

Interesting about the counter weighting, by the description it sounded like it was less counter weighted than the V2, but mine had the same impact. I lengthened my 915 by half an inch to balance the counter balancing, it was right about 3 swing weight points difference from my backup Kai'li.
    Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
  • dfahnestockdfahnestock Dane Juris Members Posts: 421 ✭✭
    I have the same concern as well. Just received an Orange shaft sold to me as 'Pro Orange'. The shaft flex is TX but there are no graphics near the tip like I expected. Seems to me that there are only two possible scenarios.

1. They make a TX version of the regular Orange and it is not listed on the site

2. There were Pro Orange shafts released after the Boron tip change, without any graphics, prior to the new tip graphics

I am hoping someone can confirm that #2 is the scenario in play here.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 - Diamana DF 70TX
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 - Diamana DF 80TX 
    Titleist 818 H2 21 (20*) - Tensei White 100TX
    TaylorMade P750 4 - DGTI x100 
    TaylorMade P730 5-P - DGTI x100 
    Titleist SM6 50F DGTI x100
    Titleist SM6 54S (55*) DGTI s400
    Titleist SM7 60D - DGTI s400 
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper Single Bend 34"
    Titleist AVX
  • bfizzybfizzy San DiegoMembers Posts: 216 ✭✭
    I have the same concern as well. Just received an Orange shaft sold to me as 'Pro Orange'. The shaft flex is TX but there are no graphics near the tip like I expected. Seems to me that there are only two possible scenarios.

1. They make a TX version of the regular Orange and it is not listed on the site

2. There were Pro Orange shafts released after the Boron tip change, without any graphics, prior to the new tip graphics

Mine is like your scenario #2 and got mine from a reputable dealer. He did the grip and tip so can't see what's on the sticker underneath but it definitely plays like what the pro is supposed to play like
    TM M5 9.0* - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    TM 2017 Tour M2 15* - Tensei Pro White 70tx
    TM P790 UDI 17* - Tensei Pro White 100 TX
    TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
    Miura MC 501 4-PW - KBS $-Taper X
    Taylormade MG 51* / 55* DG TI S400
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60* Fujikura MCI Wedge Graphite 
    Putter: Tyson Lamb Allendale / Kronos Golf Proto
  • campioncampion 3-jack-king Members Posts: 652

Orange doesn't have boron in the tip i have an orange with a callaway tip, pro version come in tx flexes

It's on BST for a great price if someone wants to try it out
    campion wrote:

Orange doesn't have boron in the tip i have an orange with a callaway tip, pro version come in tx flexes

It's on BST for a great price if someone wants to try it out

Correct no boron in the orange tip. Per the site:

"We’ve replaced the boron fortified tip-section with MR70 – Mitsubishi Chemical's strongest carbon fiber to date."
  • dfahnestockdfahnestock Dane Juris Members Posts: 421 ✭✭
    My question is that the website shows a tip graphic for the MR70 tip, but the Pro version that I have does not have any tip graphic...
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 - Diamana DF 70TX
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 - Diamana DF 80TX 
    Titleist 818 H2 21 (20*) - Tensei White 100TX
    TaylorMade P750 4 - DGTI x100 
    TaylorMade P730 5-P - DGTI x100 
    Titleist SM6 50F DGTI x100
    Titleist SM6 54S (55*) DGTI s400
    Titleist SM7 60D - DGTI s400 
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper Single Bend 34"
    Titleist AVX

My question is that the website shows a tip graphic for the MR70 tip, but the Pro version that I have does not have any tip graphic...

No graphics on mine either. 60 TX
  • StetsonStetson Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭
    No tip graphics on mine
    Driver: Ping G400 (Tour AD IZ)
    3w: Ping G400 SFT (Tour AD Di)
    3H: Exotics EX10 19* (Tour AD DI)
    3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Motore Speeder TS)
    4-P: Bridgestone J40 CB (Steelfiber 110)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
    Putter: Ping Nome TR
    No tip graphics on mine either. Remember, according to trhode, the only orange out on the market at this point is the pro version.
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 1,895 ✭✭
    My money says once the prototyping moved from V2 to V3 that the MR70 graphic wasn't finalized. TollBros would have to confirm but in all likelihood only the most current Pro Orange shafts have the graphics with the older V3's (same shaft) and maybe even earlier runs of the final Pro Orange not having any graphics yet. Since "MR70" is totally new to the Mitsubishi shaft line I imagine that both the branding and the graphic itself were likely not yet finalized.
    Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
    Mitsubishi is very bad about marking there shafts imo. The Kuro Kage Dual Core XT doesn't say XT on the graphics either. There is an XM version too. It's kind of like Veylix not marking the flex on the shaft anywhere. Once that sticker is gone, you're screwed.