Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Comments

• SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 12, 2018 #542
    The guy your buddy brought to complete your foursome tees up on the first hole with a range ball.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,775 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 16, 2018 #543

The foursome in front of you are all wearing jeans.......

I can tell you one group all wearing jeans you might pull up to the tee behind, and then you'll never see them again.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Wildwing55Wildwing55 Members Posts: 289 ✭✭✭✭
    When you're paired with a twosome who couldn't catch up with four old ladies in wheelchairs.
  • Lefty1283Lefty1283 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    ...the single that gets paired with you starts giving swing tips on the first tee, then realizes he left his golf shoes in his car and has to go all the way back to get them. True story.

OR

...you show up for your 12pm tee time, on time, only to find out that there was a frost delay that didn't get lifted until 11am.
  • Edaw68Edaw68 Members Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    when you're three holes in to a round with a brand new set of shoes, and think "my left toe area feels weird, like a sock is bunched up." Then you check and the dessicant pack falls out. I can't brain today, I have the dumb.
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week some will post about a round in HHI "Got paired up with a guy from Canada who hasn't hit a ball since November and even had rental clubs. It was brutal, hit the ball all over the place, couldn't chip or putt and constantly whined I'm not usually this bad. Yeah right!"
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 5 Crossover/Alta CB r flex
    Ping IE1 6-G/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,775 ClubWRX
    Bad9 wrote:

Next week some will post about a round in HHI "Got paired up with a guy from Canada who hasn't hit a ball since November and even had rental clubs. It was brutal, hit the ball all over the place, couldn't chip or putt and constantly whined I'm not usually this bad. Yeah right!"

Ha! That is so subtly funny! Well done.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • EKELLYEKELLY Members Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you turn on golf and all you hear is Tiger, Tiger, Tiger......Even a few weeks ago at Riviera when he had no chance of making the cut, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger....Mute volume, watch golf, pop a Heineken, listen to Maiden......Still a good day......
  • BobtrumpetBobtrumpet Members Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Edaw68 wrote:

I can't brain today, I have the dumb.

Love it!
  • BobtrumpetBobtrumpet Members Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    NPVWhiz wrote:

...the guy at the register says, "You guys are good to go. There is a high school tournament out there in front of you, but they've been on the course for an hour or so, so it shouldn't be a problem". image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

Our league used to wind up having the high school team, boys and girls, playing their weekly PRACTICE round in front of us. The course finally rescheduled them.
  • march11934march11934 Members Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    When you have to contend with a few idiots that want to complain about pace of play 5 minutes into the round. How’s about shut the f- up hit the ball when it’s clear. Mean while sit back and relax.
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 27, 2018 #553
    Happened to me recently. The group in front of us was teeing off from the TIPS at a bit over 7000 yards. On hole #1 the first two guys made swings that at least appeared to indicate that moving up only one set of tees would be about right. From the TIPS there was a water carry (par 4) of around 125 yards and the next two hit their ball in the water. Doesn't look good.

FORTUNATELY these guys actually had a sense of pace and knew how to mostly keep up even though I have never before seen golf carts fly back/forth across fairways like those did. They really were not far behind after 6 holes where ongoing knee problems forced me off the course.

dave
  • GatorNate11GatorNate11 Members Posts: 3,919
    You decide to try to play golf on a nice weather day in the spring in Myrtle Beach. I would almost rather go swim in the Atlantic with fish strapped to my body in the hopes a shark eats me than play another 6.5 hour round.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The course is soaking, the rain is coming back, first comp off back tees and the piece de resistance...the lads in front are playing garbage but taking ages due to a load of side bets. We now have a group of about a dozen who hold the field up because they are playing for money and not their handicap or prizes. And relax.
  • Lloyd_Christmas29Lloyd_Christmas29 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 9, 2018 #556
    When that Chipotle burrito from the night before comes out the other end before a 36 hole tournament, and you realize you forgot the Gold Bond at home... RIP
    Taylormade M3 10.5 Hzrdus Smoke Black 70
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 Speeder TS 8.2
    Titleist 818 H1 21 Speeder TS 8.8
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 KBS C-Taper 
    Titleist SM5 46-08, 52-08, 58-08, 60-07
    Scotty Cameron Golo OG
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you tee off at a much anticipated tournament in a golf shirt and shorts, promptly go double, triple, then the front you thought would come through later in the day arrives, bringing rain, 20 mph wind gusts, and drops the temps 25 degrees.
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Members Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The starter notices your cooler and asks you to take it back to the car..... #nobeer
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel Members Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    GREAT SHOT MOM!!!
  • codyrobinsonpgacodyrobinsonpga ClubWRX Posts: 33 ✭✭
    When you double bogey the first hole ...
  • lawst4dayslawst4days Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    They put hockey on golf channel
  • fillwelixfillwelix Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you take 4 steps off the first tee and sink ankle deep in water and your socks get wet
    WITB
    Taylormade M3 Speeder Evo IV 565 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP33 3i Steelfiber i110 
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ...the clubhouse informs you they let a party of 12 on the course before you and they brought their own YETI filled with beer.

FML.
  • Ima3putterIma3putter Members Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    3 of the 4 guys in the group in front of keep track of their strokes with beads.
  • HehatemeHehateme Members Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2018 #565
    4 foursomes of young men tee off in front of you wearing jeans and flannel shirts. (In Florida)They were behind 2 foursomes of 70+ year old men and their wives. But wait, it gets better. You go to the starter, explain that there are only 2 of you, both of you are single digit handicaps that play quickly, and nobody is on 8 , 9 or 10. The starter says yea, go ahead and start on the back only to be told by the pro shop, via radio, that nobody will be going off of the back. After 5 holes we skipped everyone and went to 10 as the back was wide open. Played 10-18, then skipped to 15 and played 15-18 and never saw another golfer.
  • BForresterBForrester Unregistered Posts: 1,261
    edited Apr 21, 2018 #566
    Played with a pair of low single digits on Friday ( a 3 and a 5 ) who play the tips, just over 7,000. I'm as long as them from the tee, but playing from that length puts a lot of pressure on the weakest aspect of my game, my short game. I normally play with a short knocker from the blues, right around 6,400, and it's amazing at how different a golf course can be from one set of tees to another. Your angles off the tee change dramatically, the par 3s are all over 210 yards...ugh.

I knew it was going to be a long day when they asked if I wanted to play from the Golds
    Taylormade M1 8.5o Aldila Tour Green 70x 44"
    Taylormade RBZ 3w 15o Aldila Tour Blue 70x
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19o R-Flex
    Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW DG S300
    Mizuno S5 (54, 58)
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
  • MoshjeanMoshjean Members Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    When you have birdie putts the first two holes and make bogeys.

Bonus: When you are one of the first groups out on the course, and somehow there are three 5-somes ahead of you
    Life is good
  • RP29RP29 Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    When your new irons and wedges are in the pro shop. Range opens tomorrow for the first time and the pro shop attendant won't let you acquire said clubs as the pro/manager is away and he doesn't know how to bill them.

I'm contemplating committing a crime for the 2nd time ever...
    The number in the picture is my balls speed
  • john myrbchjohn myrbch Members Posts: 150
    edited Apr 25, 2018 #569
    You're the best player in the foursome... and that's never happened before.
    PING G400 max 9* TM M2 15* Callaway Steelhead XR 19*, 22* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-GW Callaway MD3 54* Callaway MD3 58** Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34"
  • WinKiePieWinKiePie Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    The guy you're paired up with takes 12 practice swings before ballooning his driver on the first tee. And yes i started to count after his 5th practice swing.
  • geno4952geno4952 Members Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    When you make triple on the first hole, without a penalty, or even being out of the fairway or first cut.
    Now Playing.... backup bag No.2

TM R7 10.5* driver
    TM 200 series 3 wood
    Callaway Heaven Wood
    1987 Ping Eye 2 Black dot 3-PW
    Ping Eye 2 sw
    Ping Eye 2 lw
    Ping Kushin putter ...(changes often)

Peace

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji