Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Comments

• adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....you walk into the clubhouse on a rainy morning and EVERY morning group is sitting there waiting for it to pass....THEN within 2 minutes of you walking in everyone decides they're ready to go out and the pro somehow lets them go off in order, an hour plus late, and you're now group #8 despite being on time for your tee time and perfectly willing to play in the rain. (still annoyed by that one from a couple weeks ago)

We did talk him into letting us off the back since they just screwed us and he obliged, so it actually worked out fine. Didn't run into any issues getting in when we made the turn back onto the front.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ That scenario almost always seems to cause a 5+ hour round on public courses where I'm from, because when they let everyone go out, the starter (if any) usually does not stick to the normal tee time interval and packs too many people on the course in too short of a time. If I can get my money back and leave I usually do.
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 640 ClubWRX
    Arpeggi wrote:

When the guy you're paired with aims way left on the first hole and towards a water hazard because of his "natural slice".

"Aim left to go right, just like drifting" - Tuesday night golf league guy
    WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^ That scenario almost always seems to cause a 5+ hour round on public courses where I'm from, because when they let everyone go out, the starter (if any) usually does not stick to the normal tee time interval and packs too many people on the course in too short of a time. If I can get my money back and leave I usually do.

If they hadn't let us off the back, we would have left as well. It was absurd.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭

When you get paired with smoker...

Do you mean smoker as in tobacco or SMOKER like this? I wouldn't be complaining....
  • IVMIVM Members Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭
    When you stand on the 1st tee and you can see 3 foursomes on the first 3 holes in front of you .
  • Popeye64Popeye64 Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... you are behind Womens League.
    You know you're in for a long day when you're wearing white shorts and you **** and a little "stuff" comes out and there's no mirror to see if your shorts have a brown racing stripe.
  • justbringit5151justbringit5151 Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Totally talking about paige
  • HSTNGolferHSTNGolfer Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited Jul 15, 2018 #701
    Playing partner loses a ball on each of his first 3 swings of the day. Saw it happen today.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    HSTNGolfer wrote:

Playing partner loses a ball on each his first 3 swings of the day. Saw it happen today.

Well that would be a long day of comedy IMO.
  • ebkebk Old and Broken Down Members Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get paired with a twosome who are late, make the long drive to the first tee in their cart at top speed, slam the brakes while your addressing the ball, and the passenger jumps out of the cart and says, “S#@*, where are my clubs? Oh, I left them back at the cart barn.”
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

You know you're in for a long day when you're wearing white shorts and you **** and a little "stuff" comes out and there's no mirror to see if your shorts have a brown racing stripe.

+1 for using 'you're' rather than 'your'; -1 for wearing white shorts; -1 for sharting on the golf course; another -1 for sharing.
  • Gilmore-HappyGilmore-Happy Members Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    For me personally, if I flush everything on the range, I might as well go home. Almost always a sign I'm going to play bad. No idea why. Doesn't always happen that way but more often than not.
  • Chris_PChris_P Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    ...When the guy in the random pairing asks you to give him space and you are standing 20ft off the first tee, while he waits over the balls for 30 sec+ while the group on hole 10 (150ft away) tee's off because they are way too distracting
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s the third hole and your pant zipper has somehow failed.

****, why’d you go commando!
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 21* 24*
    MacGregor PCB Tour Tourney 5-PW
    Mizuno MP R 52* 56*
    Odyssey White Hot #6
  • platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX Posts: 1,628 ClubWRX
    Your playing partner in a scramble asks you if you can really hit the ball 100 yards out of a bunker!
    GBB Fusion HT 13.5
    Cobra F8 12*
    F9 5-6 WD
    F9 7-8 WD
    OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    P790's this week, next week?
    Glide AW, SW, LW
    TM Spider Pro Red C/S
    B330RX
  • 757USMCVET757USMCVET Members Posts: 151
    When there are MULTIPLE carts lined up at the first tee all ahead of you and your tee time was 10mins ago😃
    915 D3 8.5* Attas 7x
    CB4 16.5* Kuro Kage HBP 80x
    Sldr 19* Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8x
    4,5 AP2 714, 6-9MB 714 C-Taper S+
    46.8F,50.12F,53.7S,58.8M SM5 C-Taper S+
    Ping Karsten TR Zing 34"
    A 30 capper drags out his new MP-18's...shanks the 7 iron so bad I have to get his ball out of the cup holder in my cart so he can drop...and he says "I love the feedback on blades!".
    .....When Amazon beats their delivery date by a day...and the wife is home to accept the new iron set on Friday.
  • jaw1978jaw1978 Members Posts: 83
    edited Jul 21, 2018 #712
    ...my caddie I just met is clubbing me before he ha€™s seen me hit one shot.
  • atteberry23atteberry23 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    When the first hole takes 35 minutes!
  • NaptimeNaptime Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you can hear the group in front before you see them
    When you played well yesterday and you decide you only need to hit a few balls before playing...and you shank every iron...and the tee time is in 4 minutes.
  • foxy222foxy222 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    You start chafing on the first hole, and you got 17 more to walk.
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    when the 4some ahead of you is all over the age of 75 and they wait until the 4 some ahead of them are on the green 500 yards away.......
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

When you dominate the household's Alexa asking golf swing / club / ball spin rate questions.

That is interesting. Can Alexa explain how plumb bobbing works :-)

dave
    DaveLeeNC wrote:

FourTops wrote:

When you dominate the household's Alexa asking golf swing / club / ball spin rate questions.

That is interesting. Can Alexa explain how plumb bobbing works :-)

dave

Yes! Sorry dude...I posted that in the wrong thread...so I deleted the post...but never under estimate Alexa!
    You're on #2 and you check your phone and see 20 texts from your wife that she locked herself out of the house. You wonder if you should respond or remove the battery from your phone so later you can say it was dead...you didn't know.
  • Instron4204Instron4204 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

A 30 capper drags out his new MP-18's...shanks the 7 iron so bad I have to get his ball out of the cup holder in my cart so he can drop...and he says "I love the feedback on blades!".

So Awesome and so true!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file