Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Comments

• Instron4204Instron4204 Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

When the +100 capper requests me to laser every shot. "Hey, it's 195.4" and he pulls a 3 iron and tops it 30 yards into a creek.

So hilarious yet so true!
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 492 ✭✭
    When you're late for your tee time, drive 35 mles at breakneck speed to get to the course, careen into the parking lot only to get a call from a playing partner asking where you are, and realizing you're at the wrong course.
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,215 ✭✭
    When the guy(s) you are paired with on the first tee start waxing poetic about how much they miss Peter Kessler and how important he is to golf.
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • 3ack3ack SCMembers Posts: 118 ✭✭
    When you're playing in a 24 team captain's choice tournament and 2 guys are no shows and they're both on your team.
    Hammer 6.5*
    GX7 12*
    Warrior Golf 3-PW
    Squarestrike UW
    Alien 56*
    Double Duty Putter
  • 3ack3ack SCMembers Posts: 118 ✭✭
    When you're trying to play solo and the wife says "Hey, you should take my dad to play!" and he's not a golfer.
    Hammer 6.5*
    GX7 12*
    Warrior Golf 3-PW
    Squarestrike UW
    Alien 56*
    Double Duty Putter
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,111 ✭✭
    …...your playing partner's GPS watch dies and he is no longer able to decide what to hit. From 20 yards from the green. On a course he has been a member of since 1977....
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,723 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

…...your playing partner's GPS watch dies and he is no longer able to decide what to hit. From 20 yards from the green. On a course he has been a member of since 1977....

sometimes it’s a chippy little 4 iron, other times it’s a full PW

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• phiyaphiya Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    when our club pro who retires at the end of the month makes the shotgun tee sheet and puts your group as the B spot behind a 5 some of dudes all over 75 years old.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9* Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FW Callaway Rogue 3w Project X Evenflow Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: 3h Callaway Rogue Project X Evenflow Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons 4 thru PW Callaway Apex CF 16 True Temper x95 S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: 52* Cleveland CG14, 56* & 60* Callaway Mack Daddy 2[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter- Cleveland VP109[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bag-- Callaway Org 14[/font]
  • dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Toronto, CanadaMembers Posts: 1,559 ✭✭
    ...when you visit the Tour Talk forum.

Titleist TS2
    Titleist 718 MB 5-PW
    Taylormade MG 52 SB-09 | 56 SB-12 | 60 SB-10
    Callaway PM Grind 19 64.10
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour BXS

• byrne092byrne092 Members Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Arrive at the first tee box
  • Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    When the starter pairs you up as a single with the skimpily dressed knock-out blond, and your wife is waiting to tee off behind you with her 3 bridge playing witches.
    WIMB:

`16 M1 9.5 Fuji Evo TS 661
    `17 M1 3&5 Kuro Kage 70
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV
    Spider Tour BLK
    H2NO Carry
  • aceofclubsaceofclubs Members Posts: 830 ✭✭
    When you have a tee time at course you haven’t played before and are excited to play.

Its far away and you leave extra early because you have stops to make along the way, by the time you get there the weather turns from nice fall golf to 40 Degrees and drizzling. Not prepared for such weather and no stores within 30 miles.

They failed to mention they aerated the greens to the point you could write in the sand left behind.

I was annoyed and wanted a quick beer to chill out and the snack bar only took cash but didn’t have change, only had a $20, had to buy 5 beers instead.

First shot hits cart path with a new ProV1....destroyed.

Get to first green and cart had a flat tire.

To this day i still hear about the round from my friends saying they’ve never seen me so disinterested to be on a golf course. Thanks
    Driver: TBD
    Fairway: Taylormade Superfast 16.5*/Even Flow Blue
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H/Rogue Black
    Irons: Mizuno MP 59s
    Wedges: Titleist SM4 52/56/60
    Putter: This area intentionally left blank
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,442 ✭✭
    ...when you patiently wait on the 1st tee for the foursome in front of you (with no one in front of them) to top, duff, shank, and yank all four tee shots, only to watch them pull away without letting you pass.
  • mds5062mds5062 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    You make fun of the group ahead of you on #1 for shanking their drives and taking forever to get to the green and subsequently shank your drive and duff the next one...
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    Scotty1140 wrote:
    ...when you patiently wait on the 1st tee for the foursome in front of you (with no one in front of them) to top, duff, shank, and yank all four tee shots, only to watch them pull away without letting you pass.

As long as they do it quickly let them have at it. Some people struggle on the first tee shot if there’s a lot of people around watching then proceed to play relatively well after. If they’re dragging after a few holes and holding up the course then it becomes a concern.
  • mcasella08mcasella08 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    You don't get a warm up.
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer ClubWRX Posts: 3,357 ClubWRX
    WinKiePie wrote:

The guy you're paired up with takes 12 practice swings before ballooning his driver on the first tee. And yes i started to count after his 5th practice swing.
    Been there before. OMG
    Cobra F8 9* Aldila Rogue 60 3.0 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 14.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.3 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 17.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.6 X Stiff
    Cobra MB/CB 4-PW DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra MB 50/54/60 DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Taylor Made Ghost Long Hosel DA22
    Vice Pro +
  • mukstermukster Is this the year? North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,499 ✭✭
    When the elderly man you're paired up with starts telling you on the first tee box how much further he now hits his driver after discovering brush tees and then gives you one and insists that you use it and will not take no for an answer, despite just having dribbled his tee shot into the flowers next to the ladies tees.

Yes that was one sentence!
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood, Tensei Blue shaft
    Nickent 3D 3 hybrid, generic shaft
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • BabalooieBabalooie Members Posts: 181
    When the starter pairs you up as a single with the skimpily dressed knock-out blond, and your wife is waiting to tee off behind you with her 3 bridge playing witches.

You forgot the “Dear Penthouse.........”
  • PMACGolfPMACGolf Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    You left your putter at home
  • DashfastDashfast ChicagoMembers Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Chunk your first fairway shot.
    Ping G Driver 9.5, Alta Stiff
    Ping G400 2 Hybrid
    Ping i20 3-P
    Ping Glide 52 SS, 56 WS, 60 ES
    Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth
    Vice Pro+ Ball
    Sun Mountain Bag or Ping Moonlite

• dbigstickdbigstick Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    You are paired up with a three some of hipsters with man buns, skinny jeans and grarage sale clubs that are pounding beers. I ended up making excuses at the turn and heading back out to play a fresh 18holes while hipsterless.
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    dbigstick wrote:
    You are paired up with a three some of hipsters with man buns, skinny jeans and grarage sale clubs that are pounding beers. I ended up making excuses at the turn and heading back out to play a fresh 18holes while hipsterless.

They probably thanked you.
  • sford31sford31 Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    The group that teed off in front of you is playing their second shots from the 9th fairway.
  • USAF Retired E7USAF Retired E7 Finnish American Members Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Babalooie wrote:

You forgot the “Dear Penthouse.........”

I never thought this would happen to me........
    M2 Driver, 16 Degree and 19 degree
    PXG 0311 4-Pw
    Vokey 50 and 56
    Odyssey O Works #7, red
  • Jacob37Jacob37 Members Posts: 95 ClubWRX
    When i get to the range pre round and I’m hitting everything well, it’s only downhill after that lol
  • Sanders74Sanders74 Members Posts: 273
    Your scramble goes 8 off the Tee
    Ping G 9*
    Ping G 15*
    Ping G 19* hybrid
    Vokey SM6 46,50,56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Custom shop
    716 AP2's
    Best Ball most recently found. : )
    yall need to lose more AVX!
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 736 ✭✭
    . . . when you’re paired with J.B. Holmes.
  • msh134msh134 Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    You know your in for a long day when the group your put into on the first tee and one of the guys still has his street shoes on and his golf bag is still in the bag drop area
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 492 ✭✭
    ...when you're on vacation and show up at a course without a tee time and they group you with two middle aged ladies and one that just turned 80.

But then they turn out to be charming, and you have a great time, even managing to keep up with the group ahead of you.