Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Comments

• gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    When the group in front of you waits for the green to clear on a par 5 that is at least 240 yards away, while standing at their drives at around 225 yards from the back tee....and they teed off on the front tees.
    Birdie Mac wrote:

...when you're on vacation and show up at a course without a tee time and they group you with two middle aged ladies and one that just turned 80.

But then they turn out to be charming, and you have a great time, even managing to keep up with the group ahead of you.

I've done this!! Not quite 80 year olds, but had a great time. One had great stories of her 3 divorces.
    When your playing partners new S60 GPS watch doesn't agree with anyone elses GPS or laser range finder. Only to realize 10 holes in, that it is set to "meters".
  • gsea33gsea33 Members Posts: 671 ✭✭
    gripandrip wrote:

When the group in front of you waits for the green to clear on a par 5 that is at least 240 yards away, while standing at their drives at around 225 yards from the back tee....and they teed off on the front tees.

I can take just about anything on the course except this I go mental.

Titleist 975D 10.5
    Titleist 975F 14.5
    Titleist 975F 20.5
    Ping Eye 2 2, 4-SW BECU
    Titleist Acushnet Bullseye

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    When one of the players your paired up with is already making swing excuses....and you haven’t even teed off yet.

When your playing partner decides the best way to read greens is imitating Camillo Villegas. Except his not a slender, athletic golfer but more of a middle aged, fat golfer.
  • bulls9999bulls9999 Members Posts: 668 ✭✭
    When the guy-gal 2-some in front of you are sharing clubs (only 1 bag on the cart), have to go to 1 ball and then the other, AND the guy is giving lessons to his GF, she hits, he drops another ball, she hits again and they repeat this 2-3 times!! And you know he's looked back and seen you waiting....that really pisses me off.
    GHIN Index 13.8
  • LeftDaddyLeftDaddy Members Posts: 657 ✭✭
    This thread is reminding me why I’m paying way more than I should for a club membership...
    Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1
  • rdangelo1077rdangelo1077 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭
    When you're playing as a single at a resort course, get paired up with another single, hit a bad shot, and he (who has sent three drives in a row 150 yards right of the houses and blames the bird 30 yards away) starts telling you your stance is too wide. Lucky I made it out of the round without becoming a murderer.
    TM M2 Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 661
    TM M4T 3-W
    MP18 MMC FliHi 3
    Mizuno JPX 919 forged 4/5/6, tour 7-P
    Mizuno T7 52, 56 and 60
    Taylor Made Tour Spider Red
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭

When you're playing as a single at a resort course, get paired up with another single, hit a bad shot, and he (who has sent three drives in a row 150 yards right of the houses and blames the bird 30 yards away) starts telling you your stance is too wide. Lucky I made it out of the round without becoming a murderer.

I’ve never understood why resort courses are generally really difficult, when the vast majority of resort golfers are fricking terrible.
  • defender2803defender2803 Handicap...it's over 9000!! Members Posts: 240 ClubWRX
    ...I wake up.
    Ping G10 Draw
    Ping G10 3w
    Ping E1 4-uw
    Ping i210 3i
    Ping Glide 56
    Ping Anser 2 Beni
    QuakeCon - Attendee, Volunteer, or Staff from 2004-present
  • tannyhobantannyhoban Members Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    When your playing partner calls from the course while you're driving down and asks "You still want to play? The pins are blowing out of the holes."

and you are 5 minutes away so you say "Well yeah, it'll be fun."
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,076 ✭✭
    When it rains all night, is still raining, the course is closed and you have the excitement of grocery shopping and housework.
  • Viktoryred3Viktoryred3 Just playing the game... Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    WinKiePie wrote:
    The guy you're paired up with takes 12 practice swings before ballooning his driver on the first tee. And yes i started to count after his 5th practice swing.

Got paired with a guy like this in my work league last year. A MINIMUM of 5 practice swings before he hit EVERY AND ANY shot, wouldn’t start his routine until it was his turn, took so my looks at a putt you’d think a green jacket was on the line for every 4 footer....but I could deal with that, just couldn’t take the obnoxious jumping/yelling at me to take more practice swings if he thought I hadn’t taken enough before I addressed the ball. I’m and 8 handicap, he’s a 15.... needless to say I have a new teammate this year
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit Members Posts: 1,420 ✭✭
    When you're playing in a St. Patrick's Day scramble, the course is soaked making it cart-path only and the paths are a solid 50 yards from the middle of the fairways on most holes.

Wish me luck.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,076 ✭✭
    Justmuckit wrote:

When you're playing in a St. Patrick's Day scramble, the course is soaked making it cart-path only and the paths are a solid 50 yards from the middle of the fairways on most holes.

Wish me luck.

Carry Bag?
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    gsea33 wrote:

gripandrip wrote:

I can take just about anything on the course except this I go mental.

Main reason I stopped playing with my father in law. Even after countless rounds where I've shown him the GPS numbers, he still thinks his 170 yard slice off the tee shouldn't deter him from waiting for the green to clear 300 yards away.

Absolutely infuriating.
  • jambox107jambox107 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    You hit a bucket of pre round range balls and never found the middle
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,035 ✭✭
    jambox107 wrote:

For me this usually means I will have the round of my life... if I hit it well on the range I seem to never be able to translate that to the course. Don’t normally hit balls before I play anymore. Just get out and go
    jli2636 wrote:

jambox107 wrote:

For me this usually means I will have the round of my life... if I hit it well on the range I seem to never be able to translate that to the course. Don’t normally hit balls before I play anymore. Just get out and go

Lol. It’s tbe same for me. If I’m busting it on the range, I know I’m in for a long day. If not, I just quit hitting balls and hope it gets better on the course (and it usually does).
    Bettinardi BB1
    edited Mar 18, 2019 8:22am #891
    This last post reminded me of another “you know it’s going to be a long day when” story.

Guys weekend, last round on Sunday AM where all of the money gets settled. The guy running the thing says it’s time to head to the 1st tee and we all start putting our clubs in the our bags, heading to the carts...alll except one...my playing partner. I watch him hit a few chunks and skulls and shanks. I wait a few and I say “come on man, time to go”...he looks at me and says “nothing is working, I need a few more minutes, just go ahead and I’ll get the clubhouse guys to bring me out there...maybe a few more swings will get this worked out” 😬
    Bettinardi BB1
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,306 ✭✭
    When you've been locked out of WRX for a few days, and then come back to discover this garbage.  Makes Hacker's Paradise look high end!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,306 ✭✭
    Also, I see they still didn't create an actual Deal or No Deal sub-forum where prices are actually allowed to be discussed.  Why call it the "Deal or No Deal" forum if you are aren't allowed to discuss Deals?  They should've renamed it "You Got What Ordered or You Got Screwed for whatever reason" forum.
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • J9293J9293 Members Posts: 324 ✭✭

3 ladies roll up to the first tee wearing wide brim visors.

I know you know this is true. Don’t be a SJW!

Driver: [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Ping G400 Max - HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 6.0[/font]
    3 Wood:[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Ping G400 - Alta CB[/font]
    Hybrid:[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Ping G400 - Alta CB[/font]
    Irons: [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Bridgestone J40 DPC - LZ 6.0[/font]
    Wedges:[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Callaway X-Forged - S300[/font]
    Putter:[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
    Ball:[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Titleist Pro V1x[/font]
  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee Members Posts: 467 ✭✭

when you go to get your back pain tablets out of your golf bag to find it empty....

• GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,652 ✭✭

@oz dee cee said:
    when you go to get your back pain tablets out of your golf bag to find it empty....

Along those lines, when you can't actually feel the tension in your back. If I can't feel the coil my precision goes out the window.

Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    edited Mar 25, 2019 8:31pm #897

when you buy new irons off ebay and can't make good contact or a playable ball flight..

run to the truck at the turn, get your babies back and you're back in action.

• LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 676 ✭✭

When you tell your playing partners that you got everything figured out on the range

Taylormade M6 accra TZ6s
    Taylormade M5 5w GD AD-IZ6s 19°
    Titleist 910H GD AD-DI 95s 28°
    Taylormade P790 Modus 125x (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge shimada tour black 54° & 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • vtpachydermvtpachyderm Members Posts: 17 ✭✭

When you shank your bread and butter wedge OB right on the first hole after your drive leaves you 100yds to the pin.

True story - happened to me this morning. It’s a long day...

@vtpachyderm said:
    When you shank your bread and butter wedge OB right on the first hole after your drive leaves you 100yds to the pin.

True story - happened to me this morning. It’s a long day...

Lol. Yep, happened to me a couple of years ago on 2nd hole while playing with some old friends. I was literally scared to death the rest of the round to hit a partial wedge shot to any green. I duct taped the issue for the rest of that round and thought I had overcome it, but nope...it got worse and worse...I even started shanking chips for a while. Took a long time to put it in remission.

Bettinardi BB1
  • blarkin97blarkin97 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited Mar 26, 2019 7:41pm #901

When you shank your first tee shot of the tournament 100 yards even after you had a good range session beforehand

PING G400 9* Stiff
    Callaway XR 16 3W 15*
    Adams Idea Super 3H 19*
    PING i210 AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Cleveland CBX 54* & 58* TT Wedge Flex

Odyssey O-Works Black 1 34" OR O-Works Black #3T 34"