Toulon Garage Heaven

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,494 ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018 #512
    RedWings1 wrote:

Is everyones stock toulon headcover really crappy? I thought they remade them

I wont say crappy because I like the looks of it but it barely fits over my Toulon Long Island leaving the heal slightly exposed.

How about half crappy half not? I'm not using it says all that's needed I guess.

Same for my Long Island...I ditched the stock HC for a custom one.

Why can't toulon release some limited headcovers like the smaller companies? I dont get it.

Here's a link with a few outdated and weird 'limited' covers....but nothing new:

http://www.odysseygo...gn-accessories/
    Long Live Nike
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,029 ✭✭
    they do a release for every major, I believe. and then here and there like the big lebowski. odyssey also does a bunch of covers, a few of which are new in the last few months, others of which you can get on ebay.

• RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    Thought the Atlanta was going to be on the garage on the 15th.
  • GolfChicago91GolfChicago91 Chicago, ILMembers Posts: 997 ✭✭
    Trying to ditch the stock cover as well. Not at home ATM to measure, does anyone know either the head dimensions or the cover dimensions for the Memphis?
    Ping G400 Max 9* Graphite Design Tour AD BB 75x
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
    Callaway Epic 18* 5 wood Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05
    Callaway Rogue 19* 3 Hybrid Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0
    TaylorMade P790 4 - PW Oban CT 115
    Ping Glide Forged 52* Tour Issue X100
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58* KBS Tour Rev 2.0
    Putters:
    Toulon Memphis Garage
    Scott Readman Concepts Custom Putter
  • wattagewattage Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    I really like the finish on Retail Atlanta-it's more smoky grey instead of deep black. I know this sounds nuanced, but I'm feeling a chrome shaft goes a bit better with the retail finish rather than heavy black with grey head. If only there was an in-between shaft color. Any info on sending a retail putter into Toulon/Odyssey for lie adjustment/garage grip/headcover?? I'd be on that.
    edited May 18, 2018 #517
    Atlanta and Portland finally in the Garage
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Harve10Harve10 ClubWRX Posts: 646 ClubWRX

Atlanta and Portland finally in the Garage

I saw the same and now they are gone. Website was timing out when I tried to select & build.
    Titleist 917D3 / TS3
    TM M2 T13 DF
    Titleist 718 AP2s
    Titleist SM7 Slate Blue Vokeys: 50F/54M/58K
    TM Spider X
  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 760 ✭✭
    Fourpar18 wrote:

My Garage love...

I can't select the Atlanta on the Garage website, do you mind sharing how you managed to get that one? That's exactly what I am after (except colour).

I noticed a few said it has come and gone from the garage website?

Cheers,

Ben
    Cobra F9 - Speeder Evo4 661
    Adams Tight Lies Titanium - VTS Silver
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Ping e1 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on rotation
  • CentauriCentauri Members Posts: 300
    Portland and Atlanta in the Garage now.
  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 760 ✭✭
    Centauri wrote:

Portland and Atlanta in the Garage now.

My wallet thanks you! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Cobra F9 - Speeder Evo4 661
    Adams Tight Lies Titanium - VTS Silver
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Ping e1 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on rotation
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,331 ClubWRX
    I just can't do it.....

I want a Garage Portland bad, been thinking about how I want it, but I can't justify adding a little paint fill a grip and a heavier sole plate for $600.
    TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    I’m with you Warrick..I have a retail Atlanta and would have easily paid full freight for murdered out Garage Atlanta if they would have released it 2-3 months ago. Can’t justify the cost now..
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage DC XT 70TX
    Taylormade M3 3HL Kuro Kage DC XT 80TX
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Srixon Z785 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* Nippon Modus 120x
    Cleveland RTX4 50 Mid, 54* Mid & 58* Mid TT TI s400
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5
    I find it slightly disappointing some of the 'garage' putters (mallets) do not have any garage stamp/engravings as well. I too have retail ATL and really want same finish, different paintfill, black shaft, in-house lie adjustment, grey deep etched grip. Is that worth $150?? Up to me to decide I guess.
    wattage wrote:

I find it slightly disappointing some of the 'garage' putters (mallets) do not have any garage stamp/engravings as well. I too have retail ATL and really want same finish, different paintfill, black shaft, in-house lie adjustment, grey deep etched grip. Is that worth $150?? Up to me to decide I guess.

I’m with you. I just wanted one with a sight line on the top line. A black shaft and they lamkin deep etch. Puts me at 518.00 before taxes. Hard to justify when I play maybe once a week anymore

I'm with you. I just wanted one with a sight line on the top line. A black shaft and they lamkin deep etch. Puts me at 518.00 before taxes. Hard to justify when I play maybe once a week anymore

Well, at $400 retail you would get more for your $118 i.e. topline
    True. I know it’s the most important club in the bag. Dropping 5 hundo on a putter still stings. Especially since a 200 dollar one will roobabaly do about the same
  • Harve10Harve10 ClubWRX Posts: 646 ClubWRX
    Fourpar18 wrote:

My Garage love...

Is this black or the charcoal option? No fill on face lines? If so cannot seem to get that option.
    Titleist 917D3 / TS3
    TM M2 T13 DF
    Titleist 718 AP2s
    Titleist SM7 Slate Blue Vokeys: 50F/54M/58K
    TM Spider X
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,569 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

I just can't do it.....

I want a Garage Portland bad, been thinking about how I want it, but I can't justify adding a little paint fill a grip and a heavier sole plate for $600.

Same. I think that’s the perfect looking putter for me at the moment. Just $660 to paint a few colors and a black shaft. Ouch
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,569 ✭✭
    How does the face feel on these putters. Looks like the face is taller than most putters on the market. I’m pretty set on my origin putter as terms of sound and feel. Don’t like the tinny feel and sound of the Evnrolls and some pings. Can’t stand the new Scotty’s either (feel and sound again).
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members Posts: 8,538 ✭✭
    TommyOC wrote:

Just got this today. Anxiously waiting for my next round to try her out.

Enjoy it! Hated selling it but I wasn’t going to use it
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
    edited Jun 2, 2018 #532
    Garage input help??

I currently have a retail Atlanta-charcoal head, chrome shaft black deep etched grip. I'm going to trade in it and order a garage version and indecisive on head/shaft combo b/w charcoal or black head and chrome or black shaft. Will add light blue paint and light blue grip.

My concern is black head/black shaft ends up looking too dark and heavy overall. So choosing b/w black head/chrome shaft or charcoal head/black shaft.

Also, I find the charcoal head a bit shiny in strong sunlight, if anyone has played both did you find the black finish less glarey??

Thoughts or input?
    wattage wrote:

Garage input help??

I currently have a retail Atlanta-charcoal head, chrome shaft black deep etched grip. I'm going to trade in it and order a garage version and indecisive on head/shaft combo b/w charcoal or black head and chrome or black shaft. Will add light blue paint and light blue grip.

My concern is black head/black shaft ends up looking too dark and heavy overall. So choosing b/w black head/chrome shaft or charcoal head/black shaft.

Also, I find the charcoal head a bit shiny in strong sunlight, if anyone has played both did you find the black finish less glarey??

Thoughts or input?

I have the black finish shaft on a rose gold head and love it. I think black shaft and black head finish would look awesome but that’s just me. At the end of the day, it’s your putter. Either way can’t go wrong with a garage. They do awesome work
    Putters:
    Toulon Memphis Garage
    edited Jun 3, 2018 #534
    TommyOC wrote:

wattage wrote:

Garage input help??

Thoughts or input?

I have the black finish shaft on a rose gold head and love it. I think black shaft and black head finish would look awesome but that’s just me. At the end of the day, it’s your putter. Either way can’t go wrong with a garage. They do awesome work

I was gonna go with rose gold, but feel like on ATL or Memphis the rose gold would be super loud and flashy. What head is your rose gold, and is it shiny in strong sunlight? I like the deeper color of rose gold but not the brighter copper look.
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,405 ✭✭
    What is the difference, in the Toulon Garage, between Black Pearl Finish and Charcoal Finish?

I gotta assume Black Pearl is a SHINY Finish where Charcoal Finish is a FLAT Finish.

Am I correct?!?

Is one more durable than the other?!?

THANK YOU, WRX!!!
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
    charcoal is the OTR finish. black is like all the other black garage finishes in this thread. they’re both a little bit shiny but not glossy like a car’s black paint.
  • ASU TylerASU Tyler SFO via PHX Members Posts: 13
    TommyOC wrote:

Trying to ditch the stock cover as well. Not at home ATM to measure, does anyone know either the head dimensions or the cover dimensions for the Memphis?

Just got my Memphis and running into the same issues. The stock headcover, while it looks nice, is far too loose for my liking. Just measured the depth of the Memphis and it is 2.75 inches. I'm wondering if a mid-mallet headcover would work for this thing? It's so compact that a traditional mallet headcover is still too large.

I have a zillion Cameron headcovers, but they're all blade or full size mallet so I have nothing comparable to test against. Even my Odyssey mallet headcovers are still too big.

Does anyone else have any insight on this? If you swapped out your stock headcover, what did you switch to? I was looking at Rose & Fire's specs and they say their mid-mallet headcovers fit up to 2.75 inches so maybe that could be an option.

https://www.roseandfire.com/pages/headcover-sizing
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    ASU Tyler wrote:

TommyOC wrote:

Just got my Memphis and running into the same issues. The stock headcover, while it looks nice, is far too loose for my liking. Just measured the depth of the Memphis and it is 2.75 inches. I'm wondering if a mid-mallet headcover would work for this thing? It's so compact that a traditional mallet headcover is still too large.

I have a zillion Cameron headcovers, but they're all blade or full size mallet so I have nothing comparable to test against. Even my Odyssey mallet headcovers are still too big.

Does anyone else have any insight on this? If you swapped out your stock headcover, what did you switch to? I was looking at Rose & Fire's specs and they say their mid-mallet headcovers fit up to 2.75 inches so maybe that could be an option.

[url="https://www.roseandfire.com/pages/headcover-sizing"]https://www.roseandfire.com/pages/headcover-sizing[/url]
    I have a Rose and Fire mid mallet headcover on my Atlanta and it’s snug. I believe the Atlanta is smaller in overall size than the Memphis and I can’t imagine a Memphis fitting into the headcover. The options for mid-ish mallet headcovers are super limited unfortunately.
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage DC XT 70TX
    Taylormade M3 3HL Kuro Kage DC XT 80TX
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Srixon Z785 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* Nippon Modus 120x
    Cleveland RTX4 50 Mid, 54* Mid & 58* Mid TT TI s400
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5
  • ASU TylerASU Tyler SFO via PHX Members Posts: 13
    Breezy-3- wrote:

ASU Tyler wrote:

TommyOC wrote:

https://www.roseandf...eadcover-sizing
    I have a Rose and Fire mid mallet headcover on my Atlanta and it's snug. I believe the Atlanta is smaller in overall size than the Memphis and I can't imagine a Memphis fitting into the headcover. The options for mid-ish mallet headcovers are super limited unfortunately.

Ok thanks for the feedback. You're right, the options are limited. Wish Odyssey/Toulon had more options for their small mallet headcovers (as others have echoed). I'll circle back and let everyone know if I find a viable option.
    wattage wrote:

TommyOC wrote:

wattage wrote:

Garage input help??

Thoughts or input?

I was gonna go with rose gold, but feel like on ATL or Memphis the rose gold would be super loud and flashy. What head is your rose gold, and is it shiny in strong sunlight? I like the deeper color of rose gold but not the brighter copper look.

Mine is a Memphis and I love it. I’m also a fan of a more copper look though. It’s definitely bright but it’s not like it’s distracting or blinding like chrome club in sunlight

wattage wrote:

TommyOC wrote:

wattage wrote:

Garage input help??

Thoughts or input?

Mine is a Memphis and I love it. I’m also a fan of a more copper look though. It’s definitely bright but it’s not like it’s distracting or blinding like chrome club in sunlight
    Putters:
    Toulon Memphis Garage
  • SanzabarSanzabar Members Posts: 1,259 ✭✭
    I honestly am so torn on which head shape to get. Portland, Atlanta or Memphis!!! I really really like all of them.
    Ping G400 Max w/Evolution II 569
    Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790
    Nike Engage 56/60* & Callaway PM Grind 64*
    Nike Method Origin B1-01 Custom

#Colts #ForTheShoe #COLTure